Is the Highlander TV series any good?

This series seems to be totally forgotten. Never brought up or talked about. So Sup Forums, is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMMeHdr9Cxg
imdb.com/title/tt0106906/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOT41ZYXKhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't think of this series without remembering how I told a neighbor girl I was going to cut off her head when I was 4

the first few were good i think. haven't seen it in a billion years

No, they fucked up the "rules" horribly. For one if they "die" temporarily to patch themselves up, several scenes from the movie couldn't have happened. Second, the Gathering ended in the first movie. So that makes Connor the last of the immortals. Except that what, he forgot like 900 of them, who just failed to show up in New York? Third, HOW ARE IMMORTALS A SECRET IF THRRE HUNDREDS OF THEM CHOPPING EACH OTHER'S HEADS OFF IN PARIS ALONE ON A DAILY BASIS?!

its so sad to see an actually fantastic setting and idea degenerate into a clusterfuck like this.

i remember the goosebumps the original gave so well.

A lot of hasn't held up over the years, but it's absolutely a blast to watch. The only way I can describe it is the feeling you get when watching a show with great atmosphere and likable characters.

For me, Highlander is one of those shows. Magnum P.I., Columbo, and Murder She Wrote are a few more.

you sound like you might have a touch of the 'tism boy

I loved this show when growing up

I watched it with my folks when I was a teenager and I liked it. It's a bit dated, but worth watching if you want a comfy action series with likable characters.

it's pretty fucking bad, the film quality has that great comfy 90s feel, but the actual plots have that 80s thing where the whole world revolves around the main character
>character goes to get some documents from the court house
>court house gets taken hostage by criminals
>character goes on a hiking trip
>meets a bunch of wild crazy hillbilies
etc. i heard the plot actually starts to focus more on immortals, immortal lore and season long story arcs later, but i couldn't get past the second season.

Top five favorite openings/themes.
>He is immortal. Born in the highlands of Scotland 400 years ago. He is not alone. There other like him, some good, some evil. For centuries he has battled the forces of darkness, with holy ground his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head, and with it, his power. In the end there can be only one. He is Duncan MacLeod, the Highlander.

My old man love it but he is into cheesy stuff like star trek, cant remember anything about the series or movies

HEEEERE WE ARE

I was geniunely amazed when Richie (or whatever the sidekick's name was) turned out to be immortal too

It depends on how hung up you are on the movie. If you want it to follow movie rules, you'll hate it. It's essentially a reboot/remake.

Pretty good and comfy on its own.

Did you do it?

no, I felt bad and ratted myself out
didn't see much of her after that

with that power level you could have easily gotten laid

Its damn good.
I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

BORN TO BE KINGS

yea. it was good. until the last season which was a complete trash

The way they killed him off was fucking crazy

WE ARE THE PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSE

get

>Duncan fights evil immortal and decapitates him
This is basically every episode

On the one hand, this villain of the week shit got old very fast
On the other hand, some of the Immortals they came up with were pretty cool
Also this show had boobs, which my teenage self appreciated

Reads like dogshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=CMMeHdr9Cxg

>From the dawn of time we came, moving silently down through the centuries. Living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering, when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now.

kino

Being too young to have seen the actual series, I only vaguely remember seeing a few episodes of the spinoff. Extreme 90s kino

Btw the entire series is available for free on Youtube

Also Methos best character

do you get to see her spread asshole?

Real Highlander fans know that only the 1st movie and the series were good.
The series delivered on the concept that the later movies ruined. The Four Horsemen story arch alone is better that any of the movies.

>only the 1st movie and the series were good
What about the anime film? I've heard good things about it.

I remember enjoying it, good movie

Comfy as fuck. Mike from. Breaking bad was on it..

Methos was the best part of the show and the four horsemen story line was the only storyline that was actually interesting in the entire show

it's shit.

I feel really sad because Highlander is such a good idea and has never been explored in its fullest. the first movie is really good.

I tried my best to watch the series about three years ago, but finally dropped on season 3 or 4, can't even remember.

I'm sure he must be a nice guy for trying hard and embracing the role, but Adrian Paul is cringy fedora as fuck, and the whole Tessa and Richie situation is The Room Denny-tier.

The story makes no sense whatsoever, and they just come up with more as they go.

>I feel really sad because Highlander is such a good idea and has never been explored in its fullest. the first movie is really good.
>The story makes no sense whatsoever, and they just come up with more as they go.

This is the problem with Highlander, user, the second point cancels out the first. The original movie is an awesome 80s music video with katanas and fog and Sean Connery and you don't have time to stop and question it. The sequels and tv series tried to explain everything and build a world, which resulted in varying amounts of garbage.

You 'member she was one of the women Bill Clinton raped?
You 'member.

Instead of testifying she left the country to shoot this shit.

I'm not sure how they could 'explore' the Highlander Universe without going completely off the rails. I mean trying to explain the lore of why there are immortals... you'll either have to bring in some ridiculous sci-fi or some greek-esk god pantheon.

A episodic series with some continuous story arc sprinkled in works, but ultimately runs out of steam. Highlander kind of reminds me of Assassins Creed in a way. The series can have 'secret society' type factions hunting immortals with flashbacks to various times in history. Other than that there really isn't much to say. Pretty standard action/adventure drama with different periodic settings as the main character explores his memory. Some neat lore thrown in about historical sword masters making swords n shit for immortals.

The great thing about the original Highlander movie is the LACK of lore. There is a title card, a few simple, memorable "rules" and that's it. You can imagine whatever you want about the Immortals and it's better than some terrible LOST-style explanation involving aliens or fallen angels or whatever. Tbh the concept was really only deserving of a single movie, as soon as you try and string out the story you'll end up having to explain stuff and it won't really work.

Bill may be the perv master but he has pulled some serious tail in his day

Because back in the 80s most movies weren't made with sequels in mind, as they are now

Source

imdb.com/title/tt0106906/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

The anime was great
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOT41ZYXKhE

i remember enjoying it back in the day

Hot women, sword fighting in every episode and historical flashbacks. The show has a continental European feel to it and not just because it spent a lot of time there. I think it was made by a European production company because they had to cut nudity for the American syndication. And for some reason it has a disproportionate amount of rock stars acting it, a few as recurring characters and others as one offs. I'm a fan of the early seasons but it turned to shit in the last two or three seasons.

So do immortals have wolverine level healing? I know it's probably best not to think about it what is the rules for being immortal? How can they not drown? So breathing is optional?

HEEEEEEEEEEERE WE ARE

This. I liked the coke head immortal. Don't worry I got a high tolerance. kek

Yes, fuck all the haters. This was my jam as a kid. It was so exotic (for its time), just a dude getting into swordfights with badass martial arts and living on a houseboat and romancing women all over the world throughout different periods of time. Sure, it has that 90s adventure serial flavor that's obvious today but it was still top notch in its genre. I was actually doing a watchthrough of this recently but I had to postpone it because my rips went to shit around season 3 and the audio got badly desynced.