I'm actually excited for it and the other ResurrXion books, maybe I'm just a masochist at this point

I'm actually excited for it and the other ResurrXion books, maybe I'm just a masochist at this point

That is a nice opinion you have, a shitty one still

I am kinda of excited for generation X since I have watched the show where the writer used to work, is pretty good

Alternative Title: Jean Grey turns the Marvel Universe Gay

no more muties

Yes. You are.

Or a battered wife.

This book in particular is Hopeless.

KEK be braised

euthanasia is legal, somewhere

I would love for it to happen.
No cannonball and sunspot in usa-shitvengers
No Jubille in hellcat
No Storm in Black Panther
No Wolverine in Ghost Rider
No Goldballs in spider-man
No Shi'ar in Thor
No Cyclops in Champions
Nothing

fuck all marvel

Been there, done that.

God damn fuck Teen Jean.

>Ugly Jean Grey
What is the fucking point.

to make you hate the x-men

>Hopeless
>Young Jean Grey

Neither of these things are good. What do you expect?

>Madelyne Pryor was resurrected
>Hopeless will most likely use the AU one he introduced in All-New X-Men

I never understood why writers nowadays like to pretend Jean is a good character. Like, I get it, you want to give her the Sue Storm treatment, that's good, but you need a strong foundation for that kind of undertaking, you can't just say "she's a good character because I say so!" and leave it at that, you need to actually build up the character and give her the purpose she's been lacking since her not-resurrection during the whole X-Factor fiasco, otherwise it won't stick no matter how much you push it.

Alright. If no-one else will do it, I guess it falls to me. She's thicc.

Dude. It's Marvel. "This character is ________ because we fucking say so" is their writing policy.

How do you know she actually is, and it's not some mental projection she sent to you, because she knew your fetish, and while it disgusted her, at the same time, she wanted to be your object of desire, even if she is an independent woman who needs no man, except some hairy fuzzball, who shoots lasers from his eyes and is a revolutionary sniktbub? Because Chuck himself said fuck it and raped her mentally

Jean Gay

Yeah, but it didn't use to be like that is my point.

X-Men Gold and Weapon X are the only ones I'm not particularly interested.

Weapon X and Cable has me excited for real. They're written by Greg Pak and James Robinson respectively. Shame about Land doing the art on Weapon X though.

I guess I might try Gold and Blue too, but I'm not really a fan of the O5, but I like Bunn and Jorge Molina.

Oh, she's not all bad. Just needs a few mild tweaks here and there to make her live up to her potential as an interesting character. Let me demonstrate.

Thank you.

Always a pleasure, friend.

I still dont understand why Jean is singled out as lacking a codename.

Or to put it another way, if they have some problem with "Phoenix" why do they continually reference it such as surrounding her with a gigantic bird of flame on the cover?

>you're a thirty-year-old virgin. they're all going to laugh at you!

;_;

has Jean been in any relationships since she returned besides her random 2 issue fling with beast?

In Full-New X-Men, she's opted for "She-Jesus," as befits her stature and propensity for rising from the dead.

In her defense it means she also gets to be a wizard.

I know this is an edit, but it was legit my favorite part of Bendis X-Men

That is a depressingly low bar for him to have failed to clear with literally every other page in his 40+ issue run.

One more issue, because it has some pretty Jean-tacular stuff right at the end relevant to the discussion.

I'm excited for Cable and Royals. Also going to check out Weapon-X, X-men: Blue, Black Bolt, and Secret Warriors.

Don't give a flying fuck about Jean Grey or Iceman. I hope Generation-X and X-men: Gold are good, but I highly doubt they will be.

Everyone goes on and on about Jean making Bobby gay, and yeah obviously that's a character defining MOMENT, but if you look deeper, to the childish, depraved narcissist which she'd have to be in order for that act to make sense, you actually wind up with a really entertaining character, I think.

>Weapon X
>Greg Land
Yeah im having a hard time

>Jean ''You are gay'' Grey
>Hopeless
Why doy you hate us so much Marvel?

At least there was cheesecake on that.
This will be pure cringe.

I just hope they spin a new Magneto solo out of this.

This

Kinda wonder how Bendis feels knowing Jeen is never living that down. No matter where they take her, she will always be known as the one who turned Iceman gay

Just when you think Jean Grey can't get any worse, Bendis showed up and brought her back as a teenager. Then he wrote an incompetent outing scene that makes it look like Jean turned Bobby gay because she was jealous that he had hots for teacher.

Believe it or not, Jean has always been a jealous, possessive shrew.

I liked Jean in Morrison's run.
It was the only time it really felt she was the leader of the X-Men, Headmaster. The guy who killed her for good was the only guy to write her well.

It was a story of herself losing her humanity due to being united to a cosmic omnipotent god, in the way we understand God, not like Thor, and how that change separated her from her human husband.
I like Jean with the Phoenix, and Scott with Emma. Scott and Jean couldnt be a relationship because it was 3, not 2, Scott, Jean and the Phoenix. A bird cucked him.

Scott left her because she had become too unrelatable to him, like a street sweeper whose wife just became president of the USA. Emma on the other side, was on his level.
If Jean had not died, she should have divorced Scott and become the Superman of Marvel. A character so powerful it can only have extreme powerful enemies.

I dont like tean Jean for the same reason I dont like Hope. I would prefer Old Jean, Rachel or even Quentin Quire as the Phoenix.

Agreed. Grant Morrison wrote a great Jean Grey-Summers. He wrote the only version of Jean I ever liked. Her send off in Planet X and Here Comes Tomorrow is epic.

Hey, do you have the other page from that scene where Jean makes them shit their pants using her powers? I'd love to have that at the ready since I alluded to it in the rewrite on this page:

Yeah, you're right, it's pretty ironic Morrison killed her off since an uber-powerful superhero sounds like G-Mozz's jam. I guess it's because he was riding pretty hard that rockstar phase he had and really wanted to have a big death in his story (which is a mentality I'll never understand), and since they didn't let him kill off Rogue...

Good ol' Lance.

It just occurred to me that bringing the O5 to the future would have made slightly more sense during AvX.

>excited for Hopeless