Can we discuss how the sole purpose of the Justice League reshoots seems to have been to add in jokes...

Can we discuss how the sole purpose of the Justice League reshoots seems to have been to add in jokes? It's downright disturbing and a little horrifying. And it doesn't blend in at all. I don't know why nobody's talking about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=jAUaLNyP3QQ
>that moment when he smirks after the line as if he just delivered a killer retort

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8P_AnvUIvJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

did the mouse send joss to ruin the movie?

I have nothing against Aquaman being fun and campy, but
>reshots
never did any good to any movie.

it's like in the second shot he'd already spent 6 months drinking his paycheck and gained 40lb of bloat

Blame this faggot

The reshoots and editing have purposefully made Ben look smaller and more feminine than big nig. This is social engineering.

Joss Whedon ruined the fucking movie holy shit

>Bite my shiny metal ass, Batman.
What did he mean by this?

What the fuck does Adam Baldwin have to do with this?

Reshoots are like CGI. When done well and used properly, you never know they're there.

Justice League is obviously not an example.

Gotta have those quips XD JUST LIKE MAHVEL XD Quippity quip quip.
Quippy Quippy quip Quippy quip. Quippity China The Chinese Quippen Do Some Reshoots Till Your Film Is Quippin

what is?

For all the whining on Sup Forums about "reshoots" ruining Rogue One, I can't say I ever noticed any jarring differences as a result of reshoots. Disney kept the actors looking consistent.

Granted, most reshoots don't come six fucking months later like the JL ones did. It's clear that they only realized at the last minute that they fucked up the movie and so they had to scramble.

The bathroom scene in Fight Club where Tyler is in the tub while he and Narrator talk. Originally it was in the back yard and was shitty.

There are reshoots on most movies because you never really know what works until you start editing together. Most of the time you can't tell the difference.

I'm more bothered that they couldn't even dye Momoa's hair blonde. Why put in Aquaman if they're not even going to make him look like Aquaman?

By fucking it up more.

Nobody here ever made the assertion it was an improvement. The point is that WB is such a poorly managed company that they they thought it was.

aside from the director, who else is responsible for making sure its consistent while filming the reshoots?

We don't know that it was fucked up originally. It was a matter of marketability.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a "serious" capeshit flick. You just have to be happy that it probably won't make a billion and adjust your expectations for that. The big issue is the blank check they keep writing for these things.

The executive producer. Or at least that's why they should being doing.

Problem is, when you lower the budget to adjust your expectations, you get shit like Pacific Rim 2 which looks absolutely terrible visually.

youtube.com/watch?v=8P_AnvUIvJs

Bet on it. Mouse probably killed Snyder's daughter too.

because it won't make a difference and we all want capeshit to die

did she suicide by shooting herself in the back of her head too?

PR is a different thing. When you have giant monsters running around, you can expect to need a huge budget. If you can't pony it up, don't make the movie.

But you take JL as an example. The more serious version, that is. You can reasonably expect it to make 500M. Adjust down from that and try to keep it at 100-150M budget wise.

Instead, they go backwards. They announce a budget of 250+ and later try to justify that and add marketability after the fact adding funny after. Never works. You get shit like this.

Same thing with the whole Universe thing. You can't start out with a huge MCU type thing. You sort of have to stumble into it like Marvel did. Even with the MCU, once they started valuing the whole over the individual movies, they started getting really shitty.

Why are Sup Forums's jokes always so lame?

Can we talk about the fact that as we speak, there's not a single Thor thread on the catalog, but half a dozen Justice League threads, all overtly negative?

That smells funny to me. Sort of like Mouse shit and curry.

Epic. Simply epic.

no we don't

>What is rogue one

>Can we discuss how the sole purpose of the Justice League reshoots seems to have been to add in jokes
It's not like the first trailers/teasers weren't absolutely filled with braindead quips and jokes. The entire character of Flash is a running quip

...What did reshoots do to Rogue One? What was it like originally?

This is what you're up against.

This screencap needs every single reply in that comment chain just for maximum depression.

What about it? I only know about reworked plot.

Can someone explain the joke? I don't get it, what's so funny about it?

Michael Stewart is literally a Sup Forums poster.

I would prefer it to be true but Joss is just really bad at filmmaking.

Nah. Joss got mad at Marvel Studios, then acted like a bitch publicly about it, then kept trying to sell himself to DC over the entire ordeal. He's cooled down recently, but the entire thing was him throwing a hissy fit (which if you've ever read his twitter before, shouldn't come as a surprise).

Didn't he write an absolutely terrible script for Wonder Woman that thankfully didn't get used in the final film? It's absurd that they still let him do a movie after that.

>dat drunk face bloat

>It's absurd that they still let him do a movie after that.
various studios continuing to give people who write bad scripts jobs seems to be an ongoing theme across the board

>Joss got mad at Marvel Studios

didn't he get mad that AoU was a bloated mess and they edited it, so he had a mad sook about it?

Daily reminder

This is destined to crash and burn

It didn't get great reviews, so he blamed the studio. He always does. He blamed the director and cast for A4. He blamed the audience for his horrible comics.

It's never his fault. Ever.

Yeah, like Zack Snyder.

Is this going to be the new standard for movies? Get an incoherent clusterfuck of a movie for its theatrical release, and then the retail release includes all the extra scenes that were chopped out for time?

It's like the movie equivalent of taking out content from video games so it can be sold back to you as DLC.

>that distinction between the original shot and whedon's quip added in

jesus fucking christ it's sabotage plain as day

Well, no for a few reasons. First off, it is not a particularly common practice to do a Director's Cut, however, second, Director's Cut versions of films have existed for a very, VERY long time. The director's cut of Leon: The Professional has some scenes that are so vital to the plot that it is incomprehensible to me that they were allowed to be cut out.

I
CAN'T STAND IT
I KNOW JOSS PLANNED IT

Fury Road

>I have nothing against Aquaman being fun and campy

Me neither, but it's obvious it will be all over the place because first they wanted him to be le angry hobo.

historically a director's cut implies that what was originally released was either tampered with by studio, producers or even the star of the movie (e.g. american history x) causing the director to disown it for not being the movie they were trying to make. then later at some point they get the money and time to go back and put together the movie they wanted

that's NOT the same as making an extended version with scenes that got cut the way DC is doing it. mostly because the reason DC does it is to have shorter movies, which means more showings per day, which means more money

and despite hiring trailer houses to cut their films or bringing a second director to fuck things up DC isn't going to allow director's cuts because the last thing they're willing to do is admit they fucked up

I get that director's cuts have existed for some time. But what I'm referring to is this idea that a movie is specifically made to be released as two versions from the very start. With movies from way back, I never got the feeling before that studios were INTENTIONALLY withholding scenes just to sell them back to us on blu-ray until very recently. the most egregious exampe being BvS, and now it looks like JL will follow suit.

Most people dont even know where the reshoots affected the movie.

People might be shocked to look into what Gareth had to say about it.

>how do you literally live down playing aquaman
It doesnt matter how "badass" he could be portrayed, I always just see the orange shirt and green tights.

I, for one, can't wait to see Black Manta portrayed in film.

at least they can meme, unlike you leftist leafs

>Sup Forumstard gets triggered and shoves politics into the discussion
Business as usual.

>implying mentioning Sup Forums isnt bringing politics into a conversation
Do stupid stuff, win stupid prizes.

Most of the things wrong with it were his own fault. He's a poor filmmaker. The rosso brothers did MUCH better with Civil War than Joss ever did with the avengers, and they had to incorporate like double the fucking amount of super powered heroes into it.

>first person to mention politics in the thread was the rightist who decided to take a young girl's suicide and make it political
Really makes you think.

Yeah. Civil War was a pretty good movie, I can't deny.

Care to provide details or a source? I'm genuinely interested.

I did note that unlike Michael Arndt, Josh Trank, Lord/Miller, and other creatives who were "exited" from the franchise, Gareth Edwards stayed on the picture and continued doing press right up until (and after) release.

>people thinking Joss is sabotaging Justice League
>not realizing that WB is the one in ordering all these reshoots and edits like with suicide squad

Joss's problem, ultimately, is he can't adapt to anything. He comes up with a story and then molds the characters to fit it. He cant' take something established and blend it together, which is what is needed with something like the MCU.

The same crap happened toward the end of Buffy and Angel. He just says fuck continuity and writes what he wants.

Joss is a great idea guy, but he needs co-writers to tell him when he's being an idiot.

He's also not suited to feature films & should have stuck to TV.

And he's a major footfag. How much do you want to bet he did a new scene with Wonder Woman checking her boots for rocks?

I'm not into feet but would have no problem if he added in lingering shots of her in some heeled boots.

Firefly was really good at least. Though I'm sure if it had continued it would have turned to shit so maybe it's just as well that it was only one great season.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Great stories are not franchised. Mark Twain wasn't thinking about the possibilities of a Huck Finn Expanded Universe when he wrote that book.

The guy is cancer.

Because it’s not a joke

>why are Sup Forums jokes so lame
>hurr muh Sup Forums
Jesus Christ man, just forget about them

>that moment when he smirks after the line as if he just delivered a killer retort
And inhaled 5 large pizzas in a nanosecond.

When Pence is president I will.

>test audiences didn't laugh enough

RESHOOT EVERYTHING

It was not a good movie. They did better than Joss, but that's like saying Zack Snyder did better than Michael Bay. While true, it doesn't actually mean much.

Tired of people hating on Michael Bay, his non-Transformers movies have all been great.

you are obsessed

Obsessed with Pence becoming president.

Pearl Harbor was jingoistic propaganda.

I do like The Island and Pain & Gain, but they're just okay. Nothing Bay has ever done even approaches "great".

Have you seen 13 Hours?

Yeah. It was okay. Zero Dark Thirty captured that style of kino much better.

>I saw that first teaser of Man of Steel, with Superman breaking the sound barrier, and thought we would finally get some capekino
>mfw all we have now is quipy capeshit

>Even more characters than BvS
>Dude make it shorter lol
You can't have the cake and eat it, you dumb fucking gook. I'm not even watching capeshit anymore, but this is just fascinatingly stupid

Isnt that what DC does now?

>write a decent movie
>NO WAIT ANOTHER MOVIE DID A THING WE NEED TO CHANGE THE MOVIE AT THE LAST MINUTE
suicide squad couldve been tolerable if they werent trying to save the world. And if we didn't have to pretend they had feelings. Just fucking make a heist movie or some shit
now, justice league will have the same problem

test originaly

>Even with the MCU, once they started valuing the whole over the individual movies, they started getting really shitty.
That point is about half way through Iron Man. It's right after he launches the first suit. The movie suddenly changes from "how would these characters react to their situation" to "how can these characters look cool or funny". You no longer care about them because they no longer act like real people. Every other MCU flick continues in this way, so the MCU contains a total of half a good movie.

>deleted
what a shame

bump

Some marketing guru fag gprobablyave them a power point presentation about "flexible productions" and "keeping the hand on the industry pulse" or some shit. These people are walking memes

What kind of animal delet such a marvelous get?

The reason I dropped dc comics

Just wait. Once elementary schools let out for the day we'll (coincidentally) have a dozen Thor threads on the front page. As for Pajeets, they're probably bashing their heads into a rug for the 13th time today

>write a decent movie

they need to get this down first

>Can you point to atlantis
Lmao