Just finished watching my first french b&w movie

just finished watching my first french b&w movie
this scene was pure kino

are you french?

You watched an old classic movie that everyone already knows is amazing, and your contribution to the decades of discussion that have come before this point is to opine that the ending was "kino".

Great job dude.

link me a single thread about this film on the Sup Forums archive

>Sup Forums
>film discussion
lmfao what

So are you complaining about the fact that OP wants some actual film discussion on a board otherwise reserved for capeshit, Dr. Who and shitposting, or what?

Have you been here for less than a year or something?

>writes the user, attempting to stall for time while he desperately digs through the shitheap that is the Sup Forums archive, hoping and praying that he'll find a single discussion about one of the best movies ever made

>OP wants some actual film discussion
>provides nothing at all to discuss, says almost nothing about the film and nothing at all of any interest or anything controversial enough to ignite discussion
>only opinion given comes in the form of a meme

lol

>OP generously creates a platform for anons to discuss a good film
>user proceeds to shit all over the platform and piss all over the other posters claiming that an actually good movie has been discussed to hell on this scene

Admit it, you've never seen the film in question

It's cringy how blatant it is that you think you're intelligent and special for having watched one of the classics of cinema

>le continuous shot
This movie was the reddit-tier trash of it's day

It's pathetic that you think your marvel flicks and Dr. Who threads are an acceptable way of pissing your Thursday afternoon, instead of discussing something that's actually worthwhile to discuss

400 faggots blow

This is exactly what I'm talking about, you're the kind of pretentious dickhole who actively brags about watching this kind of movie to act as if you're better than people who enjoy shitty action movies. I'm not a fan of either of those things, but fuck's sake I have enough self awareness to not act like this. I'll bite though. You said this was one of the best movies ever made. If you want to discuss it, go right ahead and give us all a detailed explanation of why you think that is the case. Try not to google too many other people's opinions while doing that big boy.

I'm not searching the archive. I'm just saying I've seen this movie talked about here before and Sup Forums wasn't always this terrible

OP here. What movie is this again? My google searches aren't working.

Judging by how quickly you devolved into pedantically demanding that people prove that this films has been discussed before, you'd rather spend time trying to win a pointless argument over minutiae than actually talk about the movie. You should get tested for autism

>saying that people who unironically binge capeshit and the worst melodramatic teenage drama British TV has to offer makes you a dickhole

There are people that find it ok to just "turn ur brain off" and waste away while watching meaningless drivel, and then there are people that want to stimulate and challenge their intellect and own views of the world they inhabit

On one side you have retarded teenagers, on the other, actual adults who work for a living

I can see that you won't be joining the latter for a while yet

>user posts while also blatantly ignoring the point of the thread

What a waste of a post

>someone makes a thread about a film on Sup Forums
>zero actual discussion, just an autistic (You)-off of who is a bigger brainlet/pleb between two kissless virgins
Never change Sup Forums

I thought it was cool.
The interview scene was nice
We see the children acting like common low lifes which was funny sometimes, sad other times.
Generally some good shots that I subjectively liked, but I can't really see how french new wave was that influential or this movie particularly, I think I enjoy film noirs and left bank more than the movement's films (that I have seen so far at least)
had a good time watching it/10 and I don't get how can anyone "pretentiously" like it, it's not trying to be intellectual or something.

Thanks for proving my point. You'd rather egotistically ramble on about how much better you are than other people for watching entry level classics than say anything about it, even something as basic as why you like this film so much. I gave you a chance to discuss it and you flat out ignored that in favour of continuing to be a pretentious douchebag. Keep it up big man.

It's the first of a series of a few films that spans decades, OP. None of them are as moving, but they're really charming, funny, and a little maudlin.

>unironically trying to claim the moral highground while simultaneously causing at least 50% of the off topic shit posts in this thread
>tries to cop out of actually discussing the movie by claiming it's "entry level", yet not referencing anything that's not

Yeah, we get it, you watch Bergman while eating breakfast and finish your day with Stroheim, you're so much better than us little folk trying to discuss a good movie

You're just flailing now.

Not an argument

Neither was anything you just said, dumbass. This entire time it has been you trying to act like you're better than others for watching classics and me berating you for that, and secondly when given a chance to discuss the movie it's you who flat out ignored that in favour of continuing to be an egotist.

You have now for several posts been dodging any discussion. I asked you why you to give a breakdown of why you felt this was one of the best films ever made. Who are you trying to kid, me or yourself?

For starters you can look at the final shot that's so iconic it's been used in many films, then you can look at how the this was one of the defining movies for a whole new type of film, where it was a somewhat more personal story from the director

We could talk about the actual story, but and
sum it up quite nicely, somewhat moving, somewhat entertaining, a nice bag that really shows the directors creative talent when untethered by the shackles of screenwriters trying to force the movie one way or another.

Is that really all you have to offer?
>It was influential lol
and then point to some other people's ideas about the film?

Fucking lol.

So you neither agree nor disagree, you're simply content to keep shitting up the only actual Sup Forums related thread on Sup Forums

And there I was thinking that you'd actually contribute something, but clearly you've just been baiting this entire thread, and haven't actually seen the movie, and therefore have no actual opinion on it

Feel free to return to your /who/ general and tendies now, I won't disturb you with any unwanted (you)'s anymore

I just think it's hilarious that you've been pining on like a fucking wanker about how much you want to discuss this movie then when push comes to shove and you have to say something about it all you have to say is that it was influential. I mean really, who is stopping you? Me? You can discuss it as much as you want, you can say as much as you want to say about it - I'm literally doing nothing to stop you doing that. The truth that you apparently can't face is that you have little to nothing to say about it in the first place. Face it.

What the fuck happened to this thread

Anyway, OP, go watch some Alain Delon's films, start with Purple Noon, or Le Samourai

Again you feel like you're simply above addressing anything concrete anyone has said about the film one way or another, yet you claim to be the paragon of virtue that Sup Forums needs

You've clearly not only never seen the movie, you're also completely unfamiliar with the director and what made his method of directing so special, on top of which whether it's the film as a concept of the film as a story that's more interesting.

Again, feel free to go back to your /got/ or /e-celeb/ threads, wherever you feel the presence of a pretentious twat is needed the most.

Only sensible post ITT

some stupid meta argument about arguments for no fucking reason because anons cant handle their shit on a taiwanese dog frying forum

looks like somethng faggoty libtards would watch

which of these french kinos should i watch?
Le samourai
M le maudit
Les diaboliques
La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc
Le Procès de Jeanne d'Arc
Napoléon

I've only watched the first, but I want to watch the others, and melville is a fucking great director and you should get into him and his work ASAP IMO. His films are not perfect, but they feel perfect.
Not in Samurai, but in his other films you will notice bad effects, bad editing in some scenes, but you can get over these quite easily.

ok thanks

>continues to say nothing about the movie
he's 100% right

Art is subjective. A guy running on a beach in black and white is not artsy, Its pretentious. I wonder, If you had no idea the film was french would you still watch it and draw the same conclusion?

kek

The Houston 500 was superior, in both quantity and quantity of blows.