This was the original idea for the the starkiller base

This was the original idea for the the starkiller base.
As you can see there are several holes and there's no trench.
There was also no star absortion, I believe it used the planet's own core.
I bet Jar Jar Abrahams wanted to be more like the death star so they changed it for just one hole that made a laser than would split in 5 and a trench just like the one in the Death Star
Needless to say, this would've been better.

WOW i CANNOT BELIEVE that disney disregarded this AMAZING AND ORIGINAL CONCEPT in favor of a COMPLETE RIPOFF from the ORIGINAL TRIOLOGY!

I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!

>Needless to say, this would've been better.
No, it still would've been a rehash and retarded. It's the same Death Star concept.

both are a ball with a laser, there's no original concept anywhere

thatsthejoke.jpeg

good job

but it's more diferent that what we had

this was the station at the top of the planet in rogue one, again better

It looks like a gas station for star destroyers.

>looks like

that looks pretty neat

that's what it is

That's pretty dumb yo.

why? it's a space hangar

I liked the shield gate.

>Needless to say, this would've been better
well it's already gone and ep. VII was trash, nice thread faggot

Why did they need a planet size battlestation to begin with? George did that in 4 and 6. Fucking retards are already copying ESB and the fags will swallow it too.

If they still called it the Starkiller and it didn't eat stars for fuel, then I have reason to believe it would have functioned differently, too, like maybe targeting a system's star and juicing it up into a nova.

Agreed, they could have had a different concept. Small ships with tech that can destroy planets if they really needed a "destroy planets" piece

I don't really remember this part of the movie and I watched it twice. The whole imminent galactic threat of the base and the plot of destroying it felt like background noise. The rest of the movie was pretty good.

This fits better as a shipyard.
>Kuat will never appear on films

Feels bad.

I liked the idea of an xboxhueg death star that would actually bring death to stars in order to shoot shit. It's retarded, but fun.

The splitting slow-ass (but somehow teleporting) layzor on the other hand was not fun at all. Also, what sort of planetary system has several planets so close to each other?

Well at least it made the silly Sup Forums adaptation possible.

The death of social media? Got a link, I can't find it anywhere

I have the webm on my phone but i'm way too comfy to go grab it. Just ask in the ylyl thread on wsg.

>original idea
Original idea was that Leia had the super weapon and it was a "planet-hammer"

I have to artbook too, OP

needs work. The bits that stick out parallel to the "parked" destroyers are not pleasing to the eye. Had potential though.

Early concepts of Jakku were an actual junk planet instead of a clone of Tatooine.

>copypasted quarries in the background

How come I haven't seen any goatse edits of that?

To destroy it they would have to destroy the planet, making them the things they were once fighting

So pretty much Raxus Prime? would have been better than another Tatooine

That would have been objectively better.

Every time something a bit original comes up, it gets scrapped. Disney and J.J. are so boring.

both ideas are fucking stupid.

Since this movie was about a transition from the time of Sith and Jedi it should have been smaller scale. It should have been about a bunch of cocky young rebellion upstarts being tracked down and picked off by an Imperial Marshal from a more cautious and deliberate imperial remnant. The remains of the imperial space forces should have created a militocracy that were trying to rediscover the secrets of the past while the rebellion is running rampant and careless through the galaxy.

Having death star III was going to be retarded no matter what its design was

strait up ctrl+c ctrl+v

yes, it was weird seeing the "rebels" being bigger and more organized than the "government"

>star destroyer parking lot

Comfy.

it's still fucking stupid, you ape

Still doesn't mean shit. The simple fact that they decided to give the empire/first order another giant orb shaped ship that can destroy planets instantly makes the movie a 4/10.

Looks very fragile

You have to what?

Way too many. Can't have a near-ROTJ size fleet against a fledgling rebellion.

It would have been so much clever to do what the series 'rebels' is doing: develop a small technological difference that can completely swing the war.

anyway the whole thing is a pile of bullshit: the rebels won, the republic has the control now. They should have focused as war with the remains of the empire or a struggling to form republic. making the empire vs rebels v2.0 makes no sense.

perhaps because they fot destroyed they were less on rotj

When and how the fuck did the empire even build starkiller base? It wasn't even remotely hinted in the PT or OT. Death star was pretty fucking important in the earlier movies and yet TFA just randomly introduces Starkiller base and they destroy it like nothing.

For a plant that holds important Empire data and archives why was Scarf so poorly defended? Sure it had a planetary shield but only 2 star destroyers to defend the gate?

Which brings up my 2nd point, why the fuck did the Empire nuke its own people?
Why the fuck did they destroy their own base and personal on it? Ending pissed me off so much how Death Star shows up and just fires on its own fucking very important base.

My guess is they just dug out the planet

they didn't destroy the planet just a base that was about to send the plans

>When and how the fuck did the empire even build starkiller base? It wasn't even remotely hinted in the PT or OT. Death star was pretty fucking important in the earlier movies and yet TFA just randomly introduces Starkiller base and they destroy it like nothing
yeah it was pathetinc, they should've hinted it was an ancient machine or something

Where do you think they'd go you pleb, uh let's just park my destroyer in the middle of Fuck-All