Is iceman gay

Are both the young and old ice-man gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/63223235679/representation-for-us-gay-guys-in-comic-books
youtube.com/watch?v=7nhesX-8DXo
brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/57910090516/brian-a-lot-of-readers-still-think-iceman-is-gay
twitter.com/ScottyLobdell/status/760010010894082048
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd imagine they'll retcon the older one at some point.

Is there a more stupid retcon? outside of anything Spider-Man related

They already did back in Uncanny X-Men 600 with him basically saying how brave his young self is, how he's been faking it for 50 years and how Angel is hot

how does kissing boys make you gay

Yes. But only young one is a race traitor.

I meant retcon him back to a straight dude.

he's the lisp-iest iceman that an iceman can, friendo.

He's a card carrying watcher of Bravo network.

niet

>Not understanding girls like having a best gay guy friend.

Just make him Bi.

Yes

Kill yourself

You can't retcon a gay back to straight the writer would receive death threats, you may get lucky and receive bisexual Bobby, though the way they wrote his coming out it's unlikely.

Bisexuals aren't real, user. Now go kiss a boy for your best friend, me.

>We need a new LGBT character
>Let's make an old loved character gay
>hahaha let's make Iceman gay, that will show him for fucking Kitty Pride hahaha
>Okay but who is he going to fuck
>Let's make him date one of the guys the mutants are in a war with, it will be so deep and forbidden
>Let's call him Romeo

Classic Iceman was straight,
then Bendis brought back O5 Iceman and made him gay enough to convince classic Iceman that he was also gay (probably to have sex with himself).
So now we have 2 gay Icemen walking around.

No user, all iceman is gay.

A booty pounder.

Now that's true love right there. Look at the intensity in their eyes, it's enough to make Bobby's face melt.

I still like the fan theory Jean made him gay because he was the only one that didn't flirt with her

"bisexuality" in comics translates into "gay but we don't want to use that word", because how often are bisexual characters in healthy commtted relationships with a character of the opposite gender?

>how he's been faking it for 50 years

It's funny because the source of homophobia is "they'll convert me and make me gay!", and making a longtime ladies man gay really is not helping to dispell such thoughts.

It's funny but back when he started his run, he was asked by a fan on tumblr if any of the original X-men was gay and Bobby seemed like a candidate.
Bendis said that idea was silly since Bobby has a history with women and you can't make old characters gay since sexuality isn't a choice, but he promised a gay character in Uncanny (it was Morpho at the end, even though he was clearly interested in Illyana a few issues prior).
Bendis probably reconsidered his original opinion.
I wish I could find the ask but it's so buried and the man doesn't use tags.
I need those lost media wiki guys to find it

This would make the entire thing so much better.
>Tfw O5 Jean also made current-time Iceman gay just to fuck him up even more.
>Tfw O5 Jean is actually a Bendis self-insert.

Yes.

i'm not homophobic.....but why does Iceman being turned gay by Jean make me so disgusted?

Just wave you hands and shrug for a few panels and you can make anyone gay.

No Jean telepathically brainwashed him to fit her twisted millennial worldview

>fan theory
It's practically canon. Jean was extremely manipulative and borderline evil during the whole run, which I thought it was on purpose since in an early issue she saw her future thanks to Beast's memories, and later brainwashed Warren into staying in the future, which at the time I was sure it was in consequence of Jean having a psychological break down after getting to know her destiny. If Bendis had some self awareness he would have used that.
For that matter, the way he outed Bobby as gay was incredibly agressive, intrusive and offensive to any kind of gay person, but Bobby was so chill (heh) and so grateful at Jean that is impossible for it to not have been brainwashing.
I hope a writer has the balls to explain that was happened in a few years.

But that's not true user, only Iceman likes taking it in the booty.

How would you guys feel if it was revealed that Jean mind controlled him into being gay?

this. fucking this, I swear some comic book writers are infantile and far too invested in the worlds they create.

hurr durr must make him gay because waifu got fucked by him, that'll show him hurr durr.

The comic industry needs to be santised

bring back Jim Shooter, and whilst you are at it, kill off Batwoman too

user stop waving your hands at me.

that was always the truth.

What's his Tumblr? I'll see if I can find it.

Turns out Family Guy was right all along

Because it doesn't make sense.

Humans follow patterns of logic. When you follow a characters development, and they suddenly do something that doesn't match established character, it creates mental frustration.

Vindicated.

>The comic industry needs to be santised
>all comics are capes

Remember user, the reader is always right.

>What's his Tumblr? I'll see if I can find it.
Yes, around the time he started his run, less than a year I'm sure.
But he has posted like a million things since then.

So then the reader wanted Iceman to be a booty pirate?

did you try the x.tumblr.com/search/gay? that should allow you to search by keyword.

it can't be any other way, honestly

No user that was the higher ups however they underestimated the power of the reader and their Empty Hand. Now everyone believes it was all Jean's mindfuckery without even reading the comic.

I didn't
Let's see what I can find

>Let's make him date one of the guys the mutants are in a war with, it will be so deep and forbidden
>Let's call him Romeo
I think this was the moment I realized how creatively bankrupt they'd gotten.
This also makes me think it was true that they'd planned to call Ulysses "Homer" at first.

But user you just said the reader is always right, now men are taking turns submitting their resume to Iceboy.

It can't be too hard, right? I could put /search/ at the end of his URL and search a couple of keywords used in the post, and voila.

brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/63223235679/representation-for-us-gay-guys-in-comic-books

FOUND IT!
It wasn't about Bobby but the point remains

youtube.com/watch?v=7nhesX-8DXo

Sorry user by in my mind where a straight Iceman thrives there he will be forever; no amount of bullshittery, hand waving or shugs will ever change that and I will die with it.

>No user, all iceman is gay.

Seen Top Gun. Can confirm.

The way that user posted. It's very clear that Bendis or someone at Marvel wrote it just so they could give this answer.

Also I don't know if he's implying that this person is the only one thinking Iceman is gay or it's foreshadowing of Bendis making him gay later.
brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/57910090516/brian-a-lot-of-readers-still-think-iceman-is-gay

>longtime ladies man

What the fuck are you smoking? He has only had 2 girlfriends and fucked about 3 that weren't.

Bachelo really does recycle certain poses, facial features, and body types. That Mystique kissing Iceman is almost a Greg Land-esque copy of the image of Iceman kissing Kitty. The only real difference is Iceman's position.

This. This is the greatest sin. Also he is xenophile.

Mutie, race traitor, and fucking another non human?
Disgusting.

this is disgusting, please tell someone saves them

>kill off Batwoman too

You were doing so great until now.

Because if you needed Iceman to come out of the closet there were much better ways of handling it.

Why didn't young Bobby have a conversation with old Bobby about it instead of Jean? The idea of being able to tell your younger self about regrets would've been a more believable idea.

Why is Jean the one outright saying to Bobby that he's not bi, but outright gay? Wouldn't that come off like Jean was forcing her beliefs on Bobby, mindreading or not? And we know that Jean can change minds (see the time when she altered the mind of Kitty's dad during the Byrne/Claremont run, for starters)

On top of that Jean being the one to say that Bobby is gay takes his decision away from him. People shit on Lobdell for how bad that Alpha Flight comic where Northstar came out (and yes it was badly written and drawn) but Lobdell still had Northstar be the one to make the decision to announce he was gay.

Wait did he really say that?
He might be a shit writer, but at least he isn't a bitter waifufag or SJW like Bendis.

I'm pretty sure Constantine has been in a relationship with more women than men, and he's bisexual

fucking destroyed

Why is it always interracial?

technically its interspecies.

why not, you nazi fuck?
what bothers me is that it's always the same race/gender, no variety of relationships.

technically its degeneracy

Seriously imagine being a racist bible thumping white person in Marvel Universe and seeing this shit.
How triggered would you be?

Lobdell is pretty based, his writing has improved a lot since Rebirth started and he shuts down SJWs with hard logic

They are forced to be gay

By jean red cunt grey

twitter.com/ScottyLobdell/status/760010010894082048

I mean..they have xenophobic morlocks in their sewers.

being a racist in a world where everyone wants to use humans as cock puppets seems a little more justified.

Then again we never see muslims blowing up social service facilities in the comics either.

That Isa is a disgusting retard for even asking for something like that

Ikr and its always white with a poop skin shitter

Didn't this happen because young Jean used her powers to fuck with Bobby's mind into thinking he was a homo just because she wanted him to be a homo?

>i'm not bendis

Setting him back to straight would be career suicide given the rainbow shield of immunity. Best we can get at this point is them setting him to bisexual

because it's a purposeful alteration of a pre-existing character for the sake of virtue-signaling?

it's the comic writer saying 'look how good of a person I am, I made a gay superhero'.

all they did is piss people off, by both telling fans of Iceman 'hey, this guy is gay now and has always been gay because I said so' and tells gay people 'you're not worth an original creation.'

people like this miss the mark, so often, and by so much.

i would like to hear the response of the gau comunity to this kind of pandering, do they like it or do they find ofensive that a 53 year old characther that have never show any kind of gay inclination has to become gay to apeal to them

because they're trying to fill as many 'quotas' as they can in a fell swoop.

God forbid they write anything that seems to flow naturally

That arc was great, he battled his inner most demons and those demons insecurity about his girlfriends not loving him as much as he loved them.

BUT LOL HE WAS GAY ALL ALONG

From what I've seen, it's split between those who applaud it and those who find it was crap or insulting. It can even then be sub-divided into those who find it was badly written and those who like it. Of course we also have those who suddenly clamored for Iceman getting a solo despite not giving a shit about him before then. It's polarizing even for the people they were pandering to

Even better, his subconscious was made into physical manifestations and only went after the women he loved and fuck the rest of the people of the world but yea he was totally gay all along.

hey buddy, don't you talk about my gay iceman that way, you stay away from her.

I'm going to guess the people who liked it are 20 and under?

yes basically

Jean Grey should be disintegrated

Jean 'you're not my friend unless you're ' Grey

It's not like there were already gay mutants they could use, got to get that drama before bobby is dropped into obscurity.

What does a real comics fan care what some shit modern writer does? 30 years of better writers, mostly Claremont, telling us Bobby is very straight is what matters. It's not like a single book written forward will ever be better or even as good as the stories of yore. X-Men especialy.

maybe it's because they want modern fans to see what they've seen.

and of course people are going to be upset if you decide to fundamentally change a character they like, are you crazy?

Marvel's just adding...labels onto these characters where they don't need to be

'Gay' Iceman
'Asian' Hulk
'Muslim' Miss Marvel
'female' Thor
'female' Captain marvel
'female' Iron Man
'Black' Captain America.

do you understand that this is what these characters are going to be known as?

they are not /the/ original of that character, and Marvel Comics apparently couldn't be assed to write new characters to fill these gaps, they felt a need to specifically alter pre-existing ones. it's insulting, not just to old fans, but new fans, and the crowd they're pandering to, of course, some of that crowd are too young to realize they're actually being backhanded, being told they're not worth original characters.

Letting Bendis anywhere near the x-men was a mistake, letting Bendis near anything that isn't street level was a mistake.