'Batman' Negotiations Break Down With Director Matt Reeves

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-negotiations-break-down-director-matt-reeves-977266

THEY JUST CAN'T WIN

>that isn't a telling sign that everyone is avoiding this heap with a 10 foot pole

Affleck understands, he wanted the dosh and his dream to play batman but he knows Batman forever when he sees it.

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me...

We did it, Sup Forums, we did it!

DCEU is a dead franchise walking. DC Cinematic Rebirth when?

It's like the whole thing is cursed. Too much has happened for it merely to be coincidence. Did Snyder piss off a gypsy woman at some point?

>Captain wins.

You don't need to piss anyone off when you're a hack. Anyone that saw suckerpunch already knew.

I very seriously think that Snyder is tanking all of the talks on purpose because he wants to direct every DC film.

never we already have the best cinematic universe out there

DC needs to die and stay dead

A Lego DCEU would be for the best...

It's amazing how DC fucked up Superman when Marvel played Captain America completely straight and people adored it.

user, the Valiant Cinematic Universe hasn't even started yet. It's way too early to be making this claim now.

HOLY FUCK HAHAHAHA

They were actually on the right with MoS and BvS in regards to Superman. Nothing wrong with making the world around him more serious and cynical. But Superman, after just a tiny bit of self-questioning, pulls out in the end through force of will and doing what he thinks is right. I just think not enough time is spent on Superman having enough conviction to move the movie forward and not other people reacting to him. He isn't Godzilla.

Gods it's like watching a retarded crippled kid in a wheelchair trying to outrun an athlete

So, why exactly is making superhero movies so difficult for them?

the higher-ups have probably gotten more rabid and intrusive with each failure, to the point that no sane director will commit once they see what they're about to step into

It just gets funnier every time

You're fucking delusional.

Because Man of Steel was made in a hurry to keep the Superman rights from the Siegel and Shuster families

Snyder was the only director who wanted to touch Goyer's rough script

Then they made it a cinematic universe springboard which nobody planned at the time

>Dark Wizard of Glycon: Please don't make a Watchmen movie.
>Snyder: I'm going to make a Watchmen movie!

How are they gonna do Turok without Jurassic World money?

We like to make fun of the Reddit autist that counted all of Superman's lines in BvS, but it does really highlight just how little presence Superman had in what was, ostensibly, his sequel. He was more of a force than a character.

And it paid off

I legit thought the article was going to be about "breaking down" all the batshit that's been going on for the past few weeks with Reeves. Like, a discussion with what's going on.

Nooooope. This is fucking shameful and embarrassing.

Well, now that the dust has settled... how long until we get a Milestone Comics Expanded Universe?

FUCK

Can we really work meme magic to make WB reboot the DCEU?

It's official.

The Batman has entered Development Hell. This movie is not good. It will never be good. If Warner Bros. were smart they would can this movie. The Batman has become cancer to Hollywood.

They could remake any of the Turok games and those would be hilarious movies.

The more absurd the better.

Doyle already proved that people love a good monster mash, cave man, bermuda triangle story.

Money isn't everything. Reputation is.

>They were actually on the right with MoS and BvS in regards to Superman
Stopped reading there. Fuck off. I can excuse literally everything about the DCEU if they had gotten Superman and Luthor right. One was great casting with one of the single worst directions for Superman ever and the other was horrible casting for potentially interesting re-invention that ended up being fucking garbage in execution.

>It's like the whole thing is cursed. Too much has happened for it merely to be coincidence. Did Snyder piss off a gypsy woman at some point?
I think Warner is still trying to have auteurs directing their films, AND micromanaging the films.

In this case though, it is very likely that Waner gave him a crushing lists of demands that was just unacceptable. Top possibility being he took a look at the script and say "I need 3-6 months to fix this mess" and Warner said "You get two weeks".

WB's backup choices are reportedly Ridley Scott and Fede Alvarez.

Scott won't do it so is Alvarez finally our guy?

nope just kill it

which really is good enough

>Fede Alvarez

Yeah, he's small enough to get pushed around by WB and not have any influence to push back.

you have no guys

>The Batman has entered Development Hell. This movie is not good. It will never be good. If Warner Bros. were smart they would can this movie. The Batman has become cancer to Hollywood.
Of course a Batman solo film CAN be good. It just couldn't be, if Warner once again gave the film a deadline and want it rushed out to door to meet internal timetables.

I hope Mel Gibson doesn't sign for Suicide Squad 2 either. Literally too good for that shit, and he's just on a verge of a comeback with Hacksaw Ridge so don't blow it again.

Last I heard he was going to make The Passion 2 where Jesus goes to the underworld to free all the souls in it. Make that instead.

One year ago, people would not shut up about how BvS was going to shatter records and be the best superhero movie of all time.

The complete train wreck that has gone on since then has been absolutely incredible.

It makes me seriously curious to see the state the project is in. Is it the script? Does JL fuck up the character or something? Are the contracts far too limiting (even more than Marvel's)?

I'm thinking it's because if the contracts. Directors might be scared of being stuck for six movies they probably won't enjoy doing.

Jesus Christ, how can the script be THAT bad? What could it possibly be about?

Also, the fact The Flash movie had a Lord and Miller penned script and they still thought it wasn't good enough is a clear sign something in that place is not right.

>I'm thinking it's because if the contracts. Directors might be scared of being stuck for six movies they probably won't enjoy doing.
I doubt it is the number of films, not even Marvel really sign directors for more than three. Warner likely want The Batman released as soon as possible and the directors being hired noticed that it just couldn't be good.

It'd be great if we could get Icon and Static Shock movies, not gonna lie.

Nah, I still want my DC Cinematic Universe, I just want to have Snyder have fuck all to do with it. Reboot it, put it out of its misery and start afresh.

I doubt he'll do it. He doesn't care about the character at all and just wants to work with Will Smith.

Then again a big commercial action movie might benefit his career.

THERE
ARE
PEOPLE

WHO DEFENDED ZACK SNYDER

NEVER FORGET THAT

Youre right godzilla saved more people

They still defend him user, look at this asshole.

Awesome. One step closer to reboot.

Who should play the trinity in DCEU 2.0?

>The Flash movie had a Lord and Miller penned script

It didn't. WB discarted their pitch when they jumped ship to Han Solo. Then proceed to hire the next two directors to write the script as well which forced them to discart the script when they jumped ship too.

American Kaiju was a beast.

Stick to the funny papers, DC. The Kino business just ain't your thang, and HEY! Ain't nothing bad about that, you got nothing to be ashamed of, you gave it your all and your fans! Boy, oh boy, did they try to love it all... but it takes the keen eye of an angle to walk the tightrope we call showbiz, and unfortunately y'all didn't even have a single decent eye amongst ya! Ciao, loves!

You might be right. Warner gave David Ayer six weeks to write SS, and had no problem with shooting with rough drafts.

They might be rushing The Batman to be released mid-2018.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. By "The Batman" I mean the film specifically. Not the character or his potential for movies.

This particular (The) Batamn movie is in development hell. No directors want to touch it, Ben Affleck seems to want out of his DCEU contract, and the previous DCEU movies have been lackluster.

The only reason Warner Bros. haven't cancelled this movie is because it's a Batman movie.

They can keep everyone who wants to stay, even Gadot (let's see how her solo goes) Recast Affleck if he wants out.

Just get better directors and writers and someone to steer the ship, for fuck's sake. Johns was supposed to be the Feige but I'm not feeling that.

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES

JUST LET SNYDER DO IT

what kind of autism is this

Yeah, no.

I genuinely think about 20 years from now, people in general will look back on the DCEU and see it as pretty much an objective failure, aside from the occasional nutter like the sorts you see on here.

Which is what makes this whole thing a huge fucking shame. This is our potentially only chance at a cinematic DC shared universe and it fucking SUCKS. If WB never tries a DC cinematic universe again after this, I will be massively disappointed.

Current situation says otherwise.

I will defend 300 and Dawn of the Dead only

Snyder is worse than no movie at all.

I'm only really interested in the DCEU at this point for the Snyder movies. He has a vision and will sink the entire Cinematic Universe to get it made.

there will not be a reboot fucking quote me on that

DC is too fucking toxic. any good will from the only good movie they've ever made is long gone

no actor is going to go near anything DC for the rest of forever and a reboot like you sad pathetic DC losers want will just be more like the much better MCU and die even faster because we don't need another one

it's dead let it rot

Actors are whores. They can get more of those. Directors are the problem because if they make a shitty movie, it kills their careers forever.

If DC movies can survive Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Jonah Hex etc it can survive this. They just need to take a few years off and get it right the second time around.

>the only good movie they've ever made

TDK or Superman 1?

>Who should play the trinity in DCEU 2.0?
Maybe get Antje Traue for WW like she was originally going to be. Although I did love her as Faora, it was kind of a waste of her talent.

Ideally, they should find an unknown, someone who's legitimately hot, fucking stacked, with a great body, nice tits, a great ass, yet can still legitimately act and has enough charisma to not only play a leading role in a female-fronted superhero movie, but THE female superhero as well. Someone who can come off as a really nice, caring, empathic human being, mature and loving, but someone who can also still leap into action and do badass things too if she needs to. Basically someone who can be extremely feminine and graceful, peaceful, yet can also be a fighter if she needs to. Actually I think Jessica Biel could do it.

For Batman and Superman, I'm not sure. Honestly, I think Ben Affleck was already a fantastic Batman AND Bruce Wayne, they just completely wasted his talent on that shitty movie. For Supes, Cavill still has a lot of potential, but it's hard to show it when you're directed to be as wooden as possible.

never going to happen. Gadot is an israeli jew. Antje is german.

DC movies

Are

F I N I S H E D
I
N
I
S
H
E
D

But people objectively want more capeshit to be like the MCU. Look at Spider-Man, after the shit TASMs got, all was forgiven after Civil War.

DC is safe if they go that route.

"Filmmaker friendly"

This. Marvel is and always has been #1

I don't think so. It's more a matter of the people involved. I'm guessing that of the old management changes and they plan ahead with talented filmmakers and stop just reacting to the competition, they'll get better results.

tfw you loved burton's batman

tfw you loved batman forever and batman and robin because they were unintentionally hilarious and had amazing set designs despite being shit films

tfw you fell in love with nolan's vision the moment bruce met falconi in that seedy bar in the narrows

tfw you knew Snyder would fuck this all up but you still held onto hope

tfw every week new bad news comes out

tfw 3 terrible films in a row

tfw everyone jumping ship

tfw that tiny shred of hope you had that someone might pull this fishtailing car out of the ditch is gone

All I wanted was a good modern superman movie where he meets batman and wonder woman.
Just 1 good movie. Made with care starring people who are competent and directed by someone who knows how to set up a story.

christ almighty
this is depressing

Antje was already almost going to be WW, but Gadot was pregnant when MoS was filming iirc.

Ignore him. I'm like 90% sure the only people saying this kind of shit are just rabid DCEU defenders who, after seeing their precious "capekino" superhero universe going up in flames, are just trying to poison the well even further and trying to ruin everything for everyone else just because they're fucking humiliated now that we're potentially on the horizon of the cancellation of the DCEU. They didn't get their fucking way so now they're going to be big babies about it.

The MCU's success shows that there's a market out there even for lesser known superhero characters and DC's image has survived bad movies before. If WB were smart, they'd just reboot it now or wait until the best time to do so.

if you want to get a good Superman movie or really any DC movie go start a change.org petition to give the company to the only studio that makes good movies

You mean Gadot was going to be Faora. Nobody was casting for WW during MOS.

At least we have the comics user. Rebirth won't let us down.

Oh shit, you're right. Idk what I was thinking, sorry.

People will act like you're memeing, but I'd rather see a DCCU made by Marvel Studios than by fucking Warner Bros.

>If WB never tries a DC cinematic universe again after this, I will be massively disappointed.

If its between more shitshows like the DCEU or nothing at all, I'll take the latter, honestly.

So basically DC_Cinematic

This shit just keeps getting better!

>People still think that DC movieverse isn't fucked

No. Snyder married her. She's an exec at Warners. Those two have chased off anyone with more talent than him. Which is most of Hollywood.

>Stick to the funny papers, DC. The Kino business just ain't your thang,

Thinking about it, the Rebirth titles are closers in tone to the MCU than to the DCEU.

>If WB never tries a DC cinematic universe again after this, I will be massively disappointed.
and you will literally be the only one

I actually agree but I'd still rather get a proper DCCU.

Yes.

They need to learn the lesson of the MCU, make directors irrelevant, studio controls everything. That's the only way to get this done. You might get a flat product but it'll sell. The MCU is basically a big tv show, Feige is the showrunner, the directors of individual episodes just ape the house style. In my opinion Cinematic Universes are a bad idea to begin with but if you're gonna do it you gotta do it like that.

No you fucking idiot that is probably the exact problem and why the MCU is shit.

Reeves is a great director, pay him what he wants and let him do what he wants you stupid fucking sheep.

>reboot

Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen. If they were to reboot the entire cinematic universe, they'd have to wait a few years to collect themselves and restore the reputation of their IPs. That wouldn't be issue if not for the fact that we live in an era where comic book movies can gross $1b+. WB has decided that they have no choice but to strike while the iron is hot, so they're going ahead with this shitshow for the foreseeable future. A """soft reboot""" may be a possibility, but I'm not going to hold my breath over it. For now we'll just have to deal with the fact that the DCEU sucks dick and the MCU is enjoying mediocrity due to a lack of solid competition.

Just do a soft reboot after JL. All the future films are not in the Extended Universe, which still exists, but they're in the Extended Multiverse.

It's not even funny anymore. At this point the only thing left to do is pity DC fans.

people forgave spider-man because he now IS MCU same would happen to Fantastic Four if they went back

if Sony started a brand new MCUlite Spider-man universe no one would give a shit and it would die after one movie

>it's a let's hate dc thread
great, nice change of pace everyone.

A two hour episode of any of the CW DC shows would make a better movie than anything from the DCEU. In fact, just cut Invasion into a movie and go from there.

I'm just saying that if they want it to work as a business venture they should do what the MCU does. That won't make it good, but it'll make money. I don't think you can actually make a Cinematic Universe that respects a bunch of different directorial visions. Snyder has undeniably put his spin on this universe and I have a hard time imagining other directors working inside of it.

The biggest problem with the DCEU is WB reacting to all these people that don't like it.

Stop fucking caring. They are financially successful, give it to Reeves and let him do whatever he wants. Stop trying to control it to please people that are dead set on hating these movies no matter what.