Do you think the MCU will be able to survive the Infinity War climax?

Do you think the MCU will be able to survive the Infinity War climax?

This has to be the big thing on Hollywood's mind. I mean profits are falling and they're running out of ideas; super hero movies are the best blockbusters right now. Is the future of Hollywood linked to how Marvel/Disney is able to retain interest after the completion of the current arc?

IIRC, Chris Evans' contract is up after the infinity war films. Will fans really remain interested with TWS as Cap?

What is the future of Hollywood looking like? I mean they were making fucking movies about Canadian wildfires and they're doing shit Hollywood versions of Agatha Christie stories.

>Chris Evans' contract is up after the infinity war films

he "re-upped" the same way RDJ did, ala. if they need him just call type of thing. no need for long contracts now his trilogy is complete.

We'll go back to how it was during the pre-Iron Man/Phase 1 era of capeshit, where movies based on characters just sort of came out and didn't need to be foreshadowed or teased and not everything has to fit into a tightly crafted canon or timeline. They said that Guardians 3 will start the next 20 years of the MCU but I think that just means they'll try and get more cosmic with their ideas; make stuff like Nova and Alpha Flight. Avengers 4 will definitely be the closest thing to "The End" that we'll get for the MCU as we know it now, I can see them wrapping up some loose ends with Spiderman 2, Vol. 3, and maybe a Doctor Strange or Black Panther 2, but don't expect any big events like Civil War or Infinity Gauntlet past Avengers 4.
Also this. Just because someone's contract is up doesn't automatically put them on death row, it just means they have no plans for standalone films or big collabs and will probably just show up when needed, but not required.

>super hero movies are the best blockbusters right now
Define "best".

Not OP, but I'd only call them "the best" because they're the only real relevant blockbusters still being made, since everything has to be a remake/reboot/adaptation these days, comic book Super hero movies tend to be the most creative and easily the most lucrative.

people are going to get a bit sick of superhero movies, and with big names like RDJ being eventually retired, it can't be sustainable
I unironically think Avatar 2 will break the first one's box office record because it'll come at a time when people are beginning to really tire of blockbusters being composed of capeshit and very little else.

>the most creative
You don't really believe this, do you?

Some but not all, certainly. As far as Hollywood goes, I haven't seen anything much more "creative" since Doctor Strange or Ragnarok

Only The Brave was really fucking good. shut the fuck up

Just make good, smart movies like Iron man 1 again
>the thing that brings the man out of the cave is Iron and Fire
Kino

>good, smart movies
>one robot fights a bigger robot

>Just make good, smart movies like Iron man 1 again

>uhhhh I ignored all the boring talking parts, but I remember when da robots fighted!

>Hey Iron Man guess what!

>I have an Iron Man too but I call him Iron-er Man!

>shitting on 2008 Iron Man
DC brainlets in action

>I unironically think Avatar 2 will break the first one's box office record
This makes me angry because Avatar was such a shit movie. Which was a huge shame since I like cameron.

>Avatar was such a shit movie

only if they could get Dr Doom, they need big names and big arcs if they're going to continue after Thanos

this isn't like comics where they can spend months on some trivial no-name shit

Rumor has it that secret invasion is coming up after Infinity Gauntlet, which could be interesting

Secret Wars is basically a "in case of complete stagnation, break glass" situation, they can easily get everyone back together and in their suits just for a big popcorn flick

>secret invasion
skrulls are owned by fox as part of fantastic four if i am not mistaken

Only THE Super Skrull is, the Skrull as a species are still fair game. They couldn't have Thanos otherwise.

thanos isn't a skrull

Disney will never let a franchise die. They'll keep pumping out capeshit until judgement day.

Agreed. I love Cameron films, but Avatar was a stinker. I just hope that he learned a few lessons from that film and decides to make the sequel something fresh instead of just being a Dances With Wolves or Pocahantas reboot