South park=zombie Simpsons

South park is dead.

When you get old enough, you just lose "it", the "it" that made you great in the first place. This isnt about Trump either. When they did that Obama episode after he won, it was shit. Imagine if they expanded on those ideas for 2 whole seasons as main/secondary plot points

Even leaving forced politics aside, the kids now act like high-schoolers/college students, Matt and Trey just never had the balls to animate them growing up because being vulgar-mouthed grade-schoolers was what sold and how people got to know and love the kids, its brand recognition.

The whole charm of south park up until season8 or season 9 at best was that these literall kids were reacting to the grown up world in a crude adult way in terms of expressing themselves, but they were still kids with some insight every now and then

Now we're basically watching 9 year old kids talking and interacting like college students, paired with heavy sub/mainplots about hardcore politics and multiple season long arcs.

South park is dead. Goodbye old friend ;_;

Now start the Trump/libtard circlejerk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8TttI60-mjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But fuck Blumpf

>the kids now act like high-schoolers/college students, Matt and Trey just never had the balls to animate them growing up because being vulgar-mouthed grade-schoolers was what sold and how people got to know and love the kids, its brand recognition.

>The whole charm of south park up until season8 or season 9 at best was that these literall kids were reacting to the grown up world in a crude adult way in terms of expressing themselves, but they were still kids with some insight every now and then

>Now we're basically watching 9 year old kids talking and interacting like college students, paired with heavy sub/mainplots about hardcore politics and multiple season long arcs.

Fucking THIS.

I've been a fan of the show for almost 20 years and now I just watch it out of habit, not even cracking a smile.

I remember when Cartman used to call Kyle a jew. He would just say "shut up JEW" and it was funny cause it was a 10yo kid not knowing shit calling someone a jew as an insult. It had a humorous impact.

Now we have Cartman experiencing delusional visions where Kyle gets out of the sea as a giant laughing maniacally in an evil way, interspliced with footage of orthodox jews dancing. This isnt even flanderization at this point, south park managed to get to a new level of it, there isnt even a name for it? Southparkization? Sad desu

South Park was never good.

It succeeded only because entertainment was much more scarce. It would have no chance premiering today.

youtube.com/watch?v=8TttI60-mjQ

In which season did South Park die and Nu Park start?

Simpson's did it.

Also edgy shit was popular back in '97-'99.

See: WWF, Marilyn Manson, literally anything popular amongst teens back then.

8ish

got cancer around season 8
gotten progressively worse for the next 3 seasons
I think its season 12 where it should be declared officially dead cause it died
not to say seasons 8-12 where great but they were somewhat amusing

>"waah they made fun of muh god emperor again!"
grow up

you triggered cause you're darling blumpf got blown the fuck out

What's sad is you probably take this video seriously

this

only rural and suburban retards voted for drumpf

city people all voted Hillary

T. Uninformed voter

I've been watching south park lately cause I never really got around watching it aside from episode here and there and I'd have to agree, season 18 was already garbage
I watched 19 as well but it was even worse

yum, pede tears

Eh, I’d say it went a bit downhill at about 13, and full on 90 degree vertical poop at 16.

Yeah, we already know this for five years now.

Well, at least I do. People always say Simpsons became shit around season 11. I think the exact same apploes to South Park.

this, she won, every intelligent person and the whole entertainment industry knows it, and whe the rub it in their faces they get triggered AF lol

last episode was good, eat shit

Fuck you, this has nothing to do with supporting that lying bitch Hillary
This is just laughing at the dumbcucks stupid enough to still support Trump

>eat shit
yeah, if I did, I would also enjoy the shit tv's been feeding me and defending them online anonymously like you do pleb

why are you attacking me bro I agree
it was her turn
at least we get to bathe in pede tears hahahah

>false-flagging when your dipshit gets BTFO
You're pathetic

S12-18 were trash
S19 was kino

what the fuck
are you insane?

Most of Sup Forums recognises Trump is a fucking moron fulfilling none of his promises and complaining like a child throwing a tantrum.
No one on Sup Forums likes Hillary

Fuck off

>No one on Sup Forums likes Hillary
Oh hey, such an honor to be in the presence of the representative of the whole of Sup Forums

No, fuck you. Obv there's been a drop in quality but it's nowhere near zombie simpsons. Proof is that we still get south park threads whenever new episodes come out, and though it's hit-and-miss you never really know what to expect.

>The whole charm of south park up until season8 or season 9
Up until season 5-6 it literally was fart jokes and edgy shit
>hurr fuck the rainforest
>hurr make everyone shit themselves
>hurr they killed kenny

I'd say season 6 marks about the change into the more mature phase of south park which produced all those classic moments
>Cartmanland
>Professor Chaos
>Jennifer Lopez
>Toilet Paper
>Casa Bonita
>Raisins
>Christmas in Canada
>Good times with weapons
>Passion of the Jew
>Woodland critter christmas
>Ginger kids
>Scientology episode
>Cartoon Wars
>ManBearPig
>Go God Go
>Snuke
>Imaginationland
>Pandemic
>Coon
>200-201

That's all seasons 6-15
Around season 15 you can clearly notice the shift in tone and quality, soon after that seasons started becoming shorter.

No show can remain fresh for 20 years, at least they try new stuff like the PC Principal thing or the serialized season which I thought was breddy gud.

The one where Stan admits that they are just doing the same thing over and over and its shit, and it ends with Stans dad divorcing his mom and he is no longer friends with Kyle.
I forget the episode or season, but it has a Stevie Nicks "I forget the goat bitches real name spelling so if its wrong fuck me." song Downslide, or Mountainslide, or something.

South Park dies in that episode, its a proper send off.

>It's nowhere near zombie Simpsons
It's on season 20. Give it another 9 years and you're there.
Honestly though, I don't know why they keep it going. It's never had the commercial appeal of the Simpsons, and its not like it was Comedy Central's flagship show in the way Simpsons was for Fox. I guess Trey and Matt now feel their role has shifted,and that South Park is now more about """"social commentary""" than outright dark humour and satire.

Yeah I'm sure that's your issue with the sho and you're not just triggered because they made fun of Drumpf.

They pretty much exhausted all possible plotlines by this point, social commentary on current events is probably the only idea they can come up with during their limited production time for each episode.

>When they did that Obama episode after he won, it was shit. Imagine if they expanded on those ideas for 2 whole seasons as main/secondary plot points

i was hesitant to criticize south park and become a hooked fish (the whole show has always been bait for the easily pissed off), but i have never seen this particular comparison. They really have shit the bed

why didn't they have the balls to end it there. It'd be a historic end to a tv series