What was the point of him?

just a teenager being a teenager, the dad was too serious

to show everyone racism is still alive and well, duh

>kinda right
He was Definitely right.

Hair metal can stay gone

to make you feel bad for mad max

what was his fucking problem?

His style is hair metal but we was listening to thrash, when metallica was thrash

This is a shit parent taking it too far, FYI. If you think otherwise you probably had a shit childhood

Billy did nothing wrong

The mullet and the canadian tuxedo was pure thrash but his face was pure teeth/hair metal m8
I thought that kid should have a scar his dad gave him or something so he wouldn't be so pretty
I grew up around the Hollywood scene in the 80s, there are some things that should've never left this hellhole.

>doing barechested kegstands
>YEAH THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT
>*spittle and beer flying everywhere*
>WE GOTTA NEW KEG-KING user, WHADDAYA THINK O THAT, HUH?

I would be laughing in his face so fucking hard if this actually happened.

At first, he's the typical older bully. He's a more serious threat than the two punks from season 1.
But they use that to show how bullies are made by other bullies.

Actor was 46 when this was filmed. So Billy's dad was born in about 1938; he'd have been Billy's age in about 1955. He comes off as a pretty straight laced guy. Maybe he hates that his son is essentially the Eighties version of a Fifties greaser.

it was worth it to make him all slick and shiny

heh heh

This, but they were smart enough not to have him go full stereotypical racist shouting "Nigger" or anything

>argue with your parents when you're fucking sister was missing
>you're dad calls you a faggot when you're almost an adult
>Sup Forums thinks this is child abuse
lmao what? I had no clue you guys were all raised by nu male vegans

He might as well be wearing a sign saying "stay away from this insanely insecure guy"

seriously this
>be a massive fag
>omg his dad is calling him out for being a massive fag, what a fascist

what ever happen to just meme'n? cant we just meme without you fags gettin all faggy?

Geroge Michael?

His dad laid hands on him and went way too far with the humiliation thing.

It's bad parenting that makes Billy treat everyone around him like shit. The show even explains this.

>cant you just ignore your take on the story and blindly agree with me and post homoshit?
spoken like a true democrat

How did he know he was staring at himself in the mirror like some faggot?

His dad takes harsh measures because his son is completely out of control, not the other way around.
Dude tried to run kids over with his car.
You dont do that because you dad "laid hands on you"

If there was a flashback showing the father raping billy or beating him with a belt because he broke a toy when he was 5 or some shit I'd agree with you but disciplining your child when it's acting like a cunt isnt bad parenting.

are you still all paying netflix subscriptions to watch this pozzed cuckold shit?

>disciplining your kids makes them bad the Netflix show told me so
please kill yourself before you actually have kids that turn out to be gay/liberal

maybe he'll come around and help the kids or die interfering in their hi-jinks.

i think the first option cause whats the point of showing him being abused without showing some sort of sympathy for his character?

>You dont do that because you dad "laid hands on you"
You kind of do, actually. Ever looked into the background of serial killers? It's not exactly the same, but they often start out in a really troubled home. Across countries, cultures, everything, having a shitty home life can easily make you a shitty person.

Billy wasn't an 8 year old kid getting spanked. He's a man looking for some independence and personal agency. Being thrown into a cupboard because you spoke to your dad like an adult just kills that. But it goes further, when he surrenders and says he agrees, his dad makes him repeat himself just to be an asshole.

His point was pretty fair as well. He's been looking after Max a lot but he's not putting his personal life on hold. She's old enough to take care of herself so he thought it would be fine.

literally to make girls' ginies tickle

definitely not what i said my guy

>His point was pretty fair as well. He's been looking after Max a lot but he's not putting his personal life on hold

Who the fuck would NOT put his personal life "on hold" if their little sister was missing?
In a new town.
Where last year they had a big child disappearance case?
Billy is a dick no matter how gay you are for him.
And again, HE TRIED TO RUN OVER CHILDREN.

I appreciate how open-ended both of their characters are. Very easy to jump to conclusions, but the writers could take their relationship in all kinds of different directions for S3. They WON'T, but they COULD.

Dad did nothing wrong. Based

Didn't he just think she was at a friend's house?

You people are seriously overestimating how much Billy's dad knew before he entered the room. It's not like he was watching the show with you.

Neil did nothing wrong, Billy was an out of control maniac, and he only got rough on him because he insulted his wife and daughter.

>His dad laid hands on him
good
>went way too far with the humiliation thing
in that scene no, but it's heavily implied that he often does this which is actually wrong.

t. my dad is dissapointed in me for wasting my days on an anime image board instead of sports so I yearn to be some ultra aggressive caricature of masculinity over the internet but am really shy and quite irl

He called his son a faggot and did that whole "I can't hear you" bullshit. Disciplining your kid is one thing, but humiliating them is too much.

Good, Billy deserved to feel that bad for letting his little sister run off without knowing where when he's in charge of her. You're supposed to feel like shit when you fuck up. Billy was being a faggot, worrying about his hair and make-up instead of doing his objectively more important job. He disrespected his father, step-mothers, and sister and needed to be put in his place

God damn you little twerp, grow a pair of balls

Do you think the director tells him to do this or is it just his acting chops shining through?

in season 3 Billy and Steve will have a homo arc save this

His little sister ran away without him knowing about it. He didn't fuck up at all. He picks her up from school and ferries her around like he's supposed to, but he's not watching her all the time. His dad went completely overboard for something so minor.

Did you never go out and have fun as a kid? It's pretty fucking normal.

You all know he's going to end up falling in love with a black woman right?

>His little sister ran away without him knowing about it.
That's Billy's fault
>but he's not watching her all the time
He's watching her when his dad tells him to
>His dad went completely overboard for something so minor
a missing child is NOT something minor

>Did you never go out and have fun as a kid?
yes I did, but I also didn't abandon my family, responsibilities, and pursue vanity to cover up for lack of a backbone and virtue.

the scene heavily implies that Billy has been constantly humiliated by his father which has turned him into the person he is now, which if course is the father's fault. But this scene is so interesting because Billy really is at fault and the father's response is warranted in this case.

>That's Billy's fault
No it's not. He can't watch her all the time. It's an unreasonable expectation placed on him.
>He's watching her when his dad tells him to
That doesn't make the request reasonable.
>a missing child is NOT something minor
Based on her behavior so far, Billy believes her to have gone to the arcade. She's not missing as in she's kidnapped. She's missing as in she's out having fun and being a trouble maker, which is what kids do.

>but I also didn't abandon my family, responsibilities
Stop being a LARPing faggot for a second. Billy's dad told him to watch over Max, which he did to a reasonable extent. She ran away when he was unaware. It's fair that he helps look for her, but not that he be abused and called a faggot over it.

You talk about family and responsibility, but it's very one-sided. His dad also has a responsibility to Billy, which he's voided.

It's all Dacre man, he improvised grabbing Max's arm in the car which lead to a real moment of her being surprised. He also had the idea of biting the cookie in the MILF scene.
wew lad

His dad is a fucking coward and would cry like a bitch at the first sign of a real competitor. The kind of father that gets off on physically abusing his children because he is bigger than them deserves to be fucking gassed. My pops taught me to stand up to cowards and bullies, and that includes parents way the fuck out of line. Anyone agreeing with that cum drinking mustachioed "father" was abused as a kid and doesn't know right from wrong.

>babysitting your sister is an unreasonable expectation
fuck you
>She's not missing as in she's kidnapped
who cares? She's missing when Billy was told to watch her. Serious offense and serious disobedience

>Billy's dad told him to watch over Max, which he did to a reasonable extent
nah, you're just a stupid cunt with no sense of responsibility or respect. can't wait for your future kids to have no respect for you, either. and when their lives are in ruin you'll wonder what you did wrong because all you ever did was make them feel good all the time

>The kind of father that gets off on physically abusing his children because he is bigger than them
Billy is bigger than his dad though.

To make a boring season a fun one.

I feel kinda bad for Billy to be honest. It's obvious that the way he acts is because is father is an asshole and abusive towards him, and he feels the need to let out his anger onto his step-sister because he can't let it out on his dad or his step-mom because his dad would beat his ass.

I'm really hoping that he gets some kind of redemption next season, because he didn't deserve to be treated the way he was this season. And the fact that he was sedated and attack by Max just because he was trying to get her back on his dad's orders is unfair. He was clearly lied to by Steve and if it wasn't for Max disobeying him and sneaking out of the house he wouldn't have been abused by his dad and he wouldn't have had to go out at night to look for Max. But at least it led him to Mike's place and got him to meet his mom, which he is undoubtedly going to fuck next season.

Billy had better kick his dad's ass, fuck Mike's mom, and become good friends with Steve. He's the best character in the show.

Billy has no idea where she went, let alone to the arcade. Most importantly, she walked out without him knowing or caring where she was going, and then told his dad he didn't know or care. Maybe you didn't have siblings younger than you growing up, but knowing where they were supposed to be was kinda important when they were your responsibility.

TL;DR Billy was an asshole and deserved to be punished, especially when he doubled down on being an asshole

To show that bullying is a vicious cycle. His father bullied him, he bullied Max, and Max bullied the others (at first). It's a cliche bullying PSA that's been done a million times, you brainlet.

well I'm an army ranger so...

Dacre said they'd keep Billy dark, still a villain, just one you almost feel sorry for.
I completely blame Max for being a lil runaway and getting Steve's beautiful face beaten in AGAIN... I'm so done with the Duffers if they just repeat the same shit over again in S3.

he is clearly afraid of him after years of childhood abuse. i'd like to see that faggot step to a nigga that isn't afraid of his cocksucking ass. he will only dare to threaten someone that he has a small amount of control over. i know the type very well

>fuck you
He did babysit her, for days. But he can't keep her captive when she wants to escape.
>She's missing when Billy was told to watch her
Because she ran away.
>Serious offense and serious disobedience
On her behalf.

Oh god, you're really sperging out about respect and responsibility again? You sound like an edgy Sup Forums faggot.
It's starting to seem like you can only process things as black and white. Either Billy is obeying his dad's instructions or he's way out of line. Either a parent can only be an authoritarian asshole, or some hippie faggot. There's a middle ground which you're blind to, apparently. Billy deserved to be disciplined, but being physically and verbally abused is too far. Make him cancel his date and go find Max, but don't throw him into a cupboard.

I would still kick your ass if I saw you put your hands on a child in public. Fucking macho faggot, you have no idea what a man is

I was really expecting the dude to be gay.
Hating on women, always messing around with Steve, that scene in the shower, his dad.
Maybe he is.

Max literally ran away. I mean yeah, Billy made a mistake and deserves punishment, but the kind he received was overkill. Just being in the wrong doesn't mean you get to be treated like shit.

There is ONE scene of the father
>come home from evening with wife thinking it will be a relaxing evening with your family
>wife's daughter isn't in room window wide open
>son is dancing in mirror applying creams and scents
>ask him where his sister is
>sperges out and screams she isn't his sister in front of her mother who's just worried where she is
>DUDE my hot date lmao
On what planet does this info alone not put Billy in the wrong? Not even counting the scenes we've seen of him
>wheres your sister?
>SCREW IT LITTLE SHIT CAN WALK HOME and don't call her that! She's not my sister
This is the only scene shown of billy interacting with a girl his own age

His reactions are fucking top notch. Dacre is a really good actor, hope we see him in more shit after this.

lol my bad

He wasn't just in the wrong. She ran away and he told his dad to his face he didn't care and wasn't gonna do anything about it. That gets you an ass whipping 10/10 times.

He reminded me of Jason Patric in Lost boys

Being in the wrong doesn't mean any punishment is fair or justified. His dad went too far and even Billy's step-mom spoke up about it.

Billy did nothing wrong and he's /ourchad/

>tldr a post that short
FUCKKK

OFFFF

REDDDDIITTTT

>I would use violence on you in front of your kid if I saw you use violence on your kid to teach your kid violence is wrong

What was too far? Grabbing him? Or doing the "I didn't hear you" bs

Why doesn't the faggot father go look after her? Why does Billy have to look after her? How old is she? 14 At that agee her older brother shouldn't have to babysit her constantly.

>But he can't keep her captive when she wants to escape.
he was in his room with the door closed, intentionally not watching her. He even told his father that. That is an unreasonable, irresponsible, exceptionally dangerous course of action for him to take
>On her behalf.
no, on Billy's

>Either Billy is obeying his dad's instructions or he's way out of line
yes, perfect way to put it. When it comes to the life and safety of a child these are the only two choices. Either you do your job or you don't Billy did not try and fail to do his job, he intentionally didn't care to do a very important task.
>Billy deserved to be disciplined, but being physically and verbally abused is too far
forceful touch is not physical abuse you thin skinned faggot. And the verbal abuse was necessary to let Billy know how absolutely fucked up his priorities were

>everytime best mom comes on screen
Miiiiiiiiiiiiilf

>Max isn't in her room
>"She probably just went to the arcade"
>You were supposed to watch her
>"I know. You guys were just 3 hours late and I have a date. I'm sorry."
>That's why you were starting at yourself in the mirror like some faggot?
>"I've been looking after her all week. She's 13. She doesn't need a babysitter and she's not my sister"
>*Slammed into a book shelf*
>*Slapped across the face*

The dad clearly escalated shit by calling him a faggot. Billy responded with a pretty fair argument, which is the ONLY time in the season he's been level headed. He didn't say to his dad he didn't care. He apologized immediately and offered an explanation for why it happened.

Is he wearing makeup? You have to seriously ask yourself what was going on in the 80s.

Billy is literally the best character, and if you dont agree you should kill yourself

>even touching a child forcefully is violence
lol I'm going to put my hands on my kids all the time when they're out of line and cannot or will not obey willingly. I won't hit them though to inflict pain, but I will use force to let them know who is in charge. Childrens minds are small and their bodies are small. By reminding them that they are small they learn to remember that their minds are small and they have no grounds to have authority over themselves

yep, definitely

Glam Metal happened.

So is this show suppose to make me gay?

It took me a while to work out why he looked so familiar, but comparing pictures it's super obvious they based his look off of him.

He grabbed him because he said she's not my sister in front of her mother. Then he explicitly states they just had that talk.

anybody else thinking this?

>That is an unreasonable, irresponsible, exceptionally dangerous course of action for him to take
>exceptionally dangerous
Fucking how?

>When it comes to the life and safety of a child these are the only two choices.
Oh I get it. So, you acknowledge that Billy's dad was behaving in an extreme manner. The only way to rationalize this course of action is if the stakes are similarly extreme. So instead of Max just running off, her very life is now in danger.
>forceful touch is not physical abuse
You're deranged, seek help

tfw you'll never push Billy up against the wall and have the king of high school at your mercy

Science has proven that being aggressive with your children rather than a benevolent dictator who decides when they can and cannot have things because of certain behaviour, It causes them all kinds of problems later on in life. If you manhandle your children they will have problems.

It's not gay if they look like Billy.

Billy only says that after being called a faggot. It's not a reasonable reaction on the dad's part. If you know your son is struggling with some major life changes, beating him into submission isn't the answer.

betacuck detected.

seriously, he is the best thing about season 2 and point out how much of a loser and a cuck steve is. I'm suspecting he is going to get "redemption" in s3 and is going to be even bigger alfa after that.

>he is the best thing about season 2
him and dat 'maro HNNNGH
i'd like to rev his engine

This, Billy saved S2 from being a snoozefest

He escalated it because:
A. Billy doesn't know and doesn't care where she is
B. Billy says he's not gonna make up for his OBVIOUS mistake and still proceed to his date
C. Calls her not his sister AGAIN, which upsets the mother AGAIN and the dad has already discussed respecting the mom.

Billy dun goofed. And while the dad could have just screamed at him instead of pushing him, the end result is still Billy learning who the real alpha is at home and still saying his "yes sir" shit. And while getting physical is bad, when 18 year old guys start thinking they're tough, sometimes that 40 year old man strength needs to put them in line.

Holy shit, Imagine if Billy hadn't shown up and we still had E7?
or we'd have even more E7 shit and no Billy?

holy shit bros, we dodged a bullet

You are terrible judge of character. You assume the dad is pissed at Billy for neglecting Max and puts him in his place. If he cared about Max so much why doesn't he help look for her? Because he doesn't fucking care and he's a terrible person for that. He is just pissed Billy doesn't roll over and blindly obeys him.

If he was an actual good parent he would scold Billy while looking for Max.

Is being responsible for a 13 year old a thing in the US?

Bitch was in her room, does he have to check on her also when she's in the bathroom?

you have daddy issues

No clue, I was a latchkey kid, I ended up taking care of my little cousin and taking him to school when I was like 12 and this was only like 15 years ago.

Billy was a great, flawed supporting character. He will have an arc next season, and we will understand that the racist shit was probably something his dad pounded into him, and Lucas and him will come to terms or something in regards to Max.

>A. Billy doesn't know and doesn't care where she is
Billy believes she may have gone to the arcade.
>B. Billy says he's not gonna make up for his OBVIOUS mistake and still proceed to his date
He never says this. In fact, Billy is immediately apologetic to his father and offers an explanation for why he made his mistake.
>C. Calls her not his sister AGAIN, which upsets the mother AGAIN and the dad has already discussed respecting the mom.
Billy only says she's not his sister after being called a faggot and forced into a corner. We know from earlier episodes that he's struggling with his dad's marriage. But ultimately, it's his choice whether he views Max as family or not. Throwing him around won't change his mind.

Billy clearly already respects his dad. He treats everyone at school like shit, but is immediately passive in front of his father. But there's a difference between being respectful and just rolling over. Billy only fired up and became defensive when he was taunted.

>Dacre probs best actor to come out of this shithole known as Perth for awhile

I really hope AUS media doesn't drag him back into the pit, so far I don't think they've caught wind of him