DEAD WEBCOMICS

post em if you miss em

Other urls found in this thread:

exploitationnow.com/
patreon.com/helvetica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Dreadful.

It was a DnD Western. The fa/tg/uy in me loved it.

The Fox Sister
>currently on "hiatus"

It was fun while it lasted.

Oh Hell.

Hasn't updated in two years but still has the nerve to once what cons they're going to.

Vibe.

The artist abandoned it cause comics don't pay the billz.

Helvetica was cute.

Kiwis By Beat

Entire website full of charming comics gone and their creator is MIA. Hope for his safe return is dwindling.

Why doesn't the OPs comic ever fucking update? Has so much harem potential

Judecca

A very nice comic that was just getting going but the artist apparently was not. They quit the comic properly with a note to readers so there would be no lingering feelings. The site is now gone.

WRITE THE GODDAMN ENDING IAN!

Chopping Block. It was a single panel comic about a serial killer. I usually got a good chuckle out of it.

there was a great webcomic about a world where magic was drawn directly from "belief", making religions the most powerful magical entities in the world, but drawing too much belief could get you lynched or make you kill yourself out of depression. It had some really nice idea, can't remember the name

this one was great. a great combination of low hard fi with some japanese aesthetics

>last page was April of last year
>last post was October saying his computer had crashed

It was the dude's hobby that he did on the side for his main job.

It's a testament that he actually gave enough of a shit to keep it around.

It got something like 10 pages and cut off two years back. I just love the art, and anything with a good skeleton wins me over.

It literally updated an hour ago. We have a thread going right now -

>look up the artist
>she's drawing the Korra comics now
I mean, good for her, but fuck. Looks like this is probably abandoned forever.

Also, obligatory Hanna is Not A Boy's Name post

I miss Trilokan

applegeeks

megatokyo(undead technically)

geist panik

Shame it just stopped.

the guy says he's gonna resume it soon, but he's said that before so who knows. he's one of those guys who can go like three years without any signs of life and then suddenly start churning out material again with no warning

Oh fuck, that looks really fucking nice

>megatokyo
>post em if you miss em
Hey, uh

>Hanna is Not A Boy's Name
I'm still so fucking salty. I liked the art, liked the characters and the plot seemed promising, and then the author turns out to be a flaking piece of shit who can't even bother to put up a 5-word notice explaining how she just felt like dropping everything and not even finishing the doodles people had already paid for - despite seeing the sizeable fandom worry that she's dead or being blackmailed by her publisher or such

I also miss Bollox, Sakana Yama, Tastes Like Gravel, Bigfoot for Hire (not sure that one even got started), Nnewts, Hello Cthulhu, The Artist and the Muse, QuestsYeah!, Warp Star, White Ninja, Count Your Sheep / No Room for Magic / that other comic by Adis, So Far Apart, Bear and Kitten, Hey Pais, The Bare Pit / Loxie and Zoot, Dino-Sour/Midnight Party, Some Battling Monsters, Story Tums, Adventures of Great Captain Maggie, and Bear and Honey.

i miss the pre Largo split megatokyo.

before Fred turned it into a romcom.

i'd be fine with a romcom if it still had largo's witty writing

really miss this one

contxt?

>Toby Fox forever ruined the chances of Helvetica ever making a comeback

exploitationnow.com/

I actually bought the books.

What happened?

She just got another book deal with Oni Press. They're publishing her current webcomic, Not Drunk Enough.

shape shifter vampire hidden in the shadow of his friend to cover from the sun light
blip is the name of the dead webcomic

White ninja.

Red meat.

Basic instructions.

PBF, except every now and again it rises from the dead.

Illustrated Guide to Law, except he just updated this week again.

hahaha nice. needs adventure time redraw

god what ever appened to him? he started another comic but then Soopah! ended too

skeletons named after fonts are a meme now. not to mention all the autism that must've been attracted

What, Undertale? Who gives a fuck?

are their names actually fonts? because i was about to say 'ff toby fox doesnt own skeletons, people still love grim fandango' but.. if they also have font names that is pretty signif

oh that is just cute. is it properly dead? should i read it?

I've been checking this comic every Tuesday for months hoping it comes back.

man i've done a lot of that over the years..
Zelda Comic came back at least 3 times after 2+ year hiatus and i was there to see each time it happened.. til it finally quit

>BlueZombie
artist used to live close, they moved out to study/work and cut it.
>Evil Diva
i guess we all know about that one
>Our intrepid crew
dunno what happened to it

Fox naming Sans and Papyrus after fonts was absolutely an intentional Helvetica reference, and then the popularity of Undertale ended up completely shadowing the accomplishments everyone around him, including Wiedle. Helvetica is the only skelly named after a font in the comic, but he's the main character.

The last I saw was that the real issue keeping Wiedle from getting back to work on Helvetica is trying to pay NYC rent on illustration work. You just can't keep up webcomic hobbies with that.

Does it count if the comic is dead on the inside?

I'd count it.

oh.. whoops. i bet he feels bad about that.
youd think someone that important could get patreon money though

>we're going to ban images of the human body if it's not old enough yet, regardless of the context
>um except when we're trying to bum everyone out about something that wasnt their fault because teh skewl

No one remembers Alien Dice or AESOP.

It's not like a good end was in store for any of them, much less teenage girl Rick Sanchez.

>Red meat.
Lazy art, good writing. Shit was cash and coupons.

Holy shit, I haven't thought about that in years. At least it had an ending. It didn't just disappear.

I really got into Boxer Hockey. That was probably one of my favorites. Dunno if it's technically dead or just on a dicklong hiatus.

Interesting, that style reminds me of that Zombie short that just came out. I've never read this, but I wonder if he had something to do with the art direction on that.

patreon.com/helvetica
I'm sure this had more back when the comic actually updated, though they keep it pinned to the top of their Twitter still, but it's very minimal now.

It also looks like they spend pretty much all their free art time drawing Transformers shipping art, so I don't think Helvetica's getting worked on ever again if that's all it takes to distract them from it. Real shame.