Why didn't they just use Superboy?

why didn't they just use Superboy?
what a mistake
what were they thinking?

because superboy is 9 years old

Because it's a dark trinity idiot.

Wait, Connor still exists, right?

Bizarro is such a fucking stupid decision. He doesn't count as Superman's red hood.

The Conner people like never existed in the Nu52.

Two twisted variations of Kon have existed and may or may not be currently dead.

The point is the characters are antiheroes. Superboy is bright and sunny and doesn't kill people.

It should have been Mon-El actually.

It'd be much better if Superman had a proper Red Hood analogue.

I actually had an idea for one...that I would've used in this EXACT same sort of 'dark trinity' idea that I had. Fuck me.

Eradicator?

My first thought as well.

This.
Who else is there that qualifies as "Dark Superman"? Zod?

>It'd be much better if Superman had a proper Red Hood analogue.
Power Girl should probably fill that niche.

Because they're a broken Trinity.

Also, Bizarro is great in RHATO.

That doesn't make any kind of sense and she went back home anyway.

I forgot he existed, honestly.

This. Or Superboy Prime, or Eradicator

I don't care, all I want is Jason to get in on some of that sweet, sweet amazon pegging

>Prime bullying Jason about the phone campaign

DC pls

Bizarro works well, it forces Jason as the responsible straight man.

And? Neither is Artemis. Bizarro's fine. He's a messed, rejected copy of superman. It works for the series and he's a good personality match for the other two

Do you REALLY want more of Lobdell's Kon "Living Weapon" "Tronsuit" "Abomination-in-the-house-of"-El?

would Superboy Prime work on this team? Jason Todd would just need a speedster to keep Prime in check (Flashphobia).
How about bring Walter West back to New Earth. He was very anti-hero'ish and brutal.

Yep and without the other character looking like a manbaby like Roy did

Too many alt Earth characters and the book might as well be a Sliders/Exiles/Multiversity team.

They actually should have a multiversal Trinity book

>He doesn't count as Superman's red hood.

I can see it. Bizzaro is a character who wants to do good yet because of his stupidity, does bad shit. The same goes with Red Hood, he wants to be a good guy but doesn't know where to draw the moral line.

>They actually should have a multiversal Trinity book
Fuck. I didn't know how much I wanted this.

Throw in Dweller in the Depths/Arthur Joseph Curry hybrid Aquaman II (But keep a more monstrous appearance)
Bring back Roy Harper
7th member could be a wildcard. I would like Miss Martian be the "heart" of the team, but use her White Martian form.

>Challengers from Beyond should of been its own book

Fuck this is the first time I've heard of something like this and I want this. Going around the multiverse getting into shenanigans.

>they need to steal a "macguffin stone" from a decimated and empty verse to save a dying one
>Jay scrolls through a bunch of verses searching for a perfect one
>sudden pause
>earth 5657
>wormhole opens up and Jason walks in solo
>"what earth am red he go"-bizarro
>"apparently someone called joker replaced humanity with nothing but his clones"-artemis
>jason "vacations" there once a month

Oh shit, I had to look this up. I remember actually reading this back when Countdown was actually coming out. I remember loving the concept and I still fucking do. I'm not sure how there hasn't been some kind of Multiversal shenanigans on-going, and on centered on the Trinity might be really fucking sweet.

>different versions of the Trinity constantly meeting one another and alternate versions of the usual supporting cast
>have to save multiple worlds from crazy threats in crazy, unconventional ways
>basically like The Brave and the Bold but across the Multiverse

Like said. Jason Todd did that already with Kyle Rayner and Donna Troy during Countdown. Except the "macguffin" was a Monitor. There was plenty of great interactions during this run.

>why didn't they just use Superboy?
>Lobdell writing Kon again
He's in a better place now

bizzaro is the reason I care about this book.He is a cool concept.

saying he goes to the 52 earth,we should be we a reformed green lantern sinstero too. Dare we add black adam who is on some justice mission.

>being a living weapon isn't Dark enough.

If you're going to have a Sinestro and Black Adam book the third guy has to be Luthor or Cold and it's written by Johns

Did people actually want Lobdell to write more Superboy after how he destroyed his character?

Bizzaro makes this team MUCH more interesting than Superboy. He's why I wanted to pick this comic up.

>may or may not be currently dead

As long as Jonathan Samuel is alive and doing well (which looks like to be the case given the reception to Super Sons), even if they weren't killed (and my reading is that they are deader than doorknobs, which is admittedly meaningless given we are talking about comic book dead), they won't be around anytime soon, I'd estimate 5-10 years.

I've always liked Bizarro, I don't know wtf people have a problem with. The Bizarro from "Red Son" was probably my favorite, but Bizarro #1 has a special place in my heart.
If anything, I would like to see Bizarro featured more often in the comics. Hell, I'd love to see him do a run on Suicide Squad.

yeah
he got cute by the end

How about the compromise with Match then???

I've heard that New52 Kon is still alive, just off meditating or something

>Tfw no Kon, Jon, Chris brother dynamic
We better get it at some point.

>its a Superbros go to China and hang out with Kenan episode

Off meditating somewhere in the future. He was sent to the future and then switched with the evil Kon, who then went further into the future and got killed.

Kon is just a not retarded Bizarro

>>Tfw no Kon, Jon, Chris brother dynamic
>We better get it at some point.

Sadly we're not allowed to have truly good things like this.

Except that he has that half-human thing going for him.
The main problem with Kon is that he lacks the capacity to kill readily. A dark trinity needs to be able to kill a bitch if the situation calls for it.
The only other "Good and powerful but still willing to kill/let die if necessary" Superman analogue I can think of would be Ulysses.

>Why didn't they use Superboy?
Superboy is your pick? Really?
If it was up to me, the only man for the job is the Main Man himself: Lobo

Hard,Red hood and Lobo will try to kill it each other or at least Lobo will try to dick Artemis
Wait, i'm wrong, it's actualy great idea

Hell yes it's a great idea. After how shitty of a job they did with Lobo in the n52, it's time they showed the 'Bo a little love and a chance to shine, and being in a rough-and-tumble group is just the sort of thing that can do that. Fits the group dynamic, decent power-tier analogue, and can lead to some entertaining character dialogue.

DC wants to push Lobo so they can possibly make a movie about him. No chance were they going to stick him in a small book like Outlaws.

There's been talk of a Lobo movie for around 20 years now. I remember reading announcements about it getting the greenlight back in Lobo's monthly run back in the 90's.
Dark Trinity would be a great way to push him to the foreground.

He is already in a book far more important than RHaTO.

I could also do with some more 'bo

>The main problem with Kon is that he lacks the capacity to kill readily. A dark trinity needs to be able to kill a bitch if the situation calls for it.
>The only other "Good and powerful but still willing to kill/let die if necessary" Superman analogue I can think of would be Ulysses.
Nu52 Supergirl probably fit the bill

>Implying that it wasn't Johns who destroyed him
The YJ trio have been a broken mess before n52 happened.

Discard Bizzaro

Post Artemis

So big and perfect

Soy is really, really good.

First time I saw his art was in Mortal Kombat Comics. Didn't understand why someone so good was doing that.

"being upset at being a living weapon" is a stupid basis for a character after their first year of comics. It's really stupid to retroactively inflict it on a character.

Is it worth reading?

Yes. This team just worked and it's one of DC best books.

seriously
he should do some epics

I like Jason and Bizzaro's relationship, you can't really have that dynamic with a proper functioning reject Superman.

It's pretty good, actually. The art as of #7 has temporarily gone downhill though, i do believe the regular artist will be back in 2 issues, though.

And we actually getting Rocafort in #8 before Soy return.

hnnng

So much lovely hair
>Didn't understand why someone so good was doing that.
You have to start somewhere

Because the video game tie ins book for injustice not only sold, but helped to sell the game for year after, and lasted for year. If you actually put good guy in video game tieins, you are actually doing a smart move. You get people to grab other dc book and buy the game, it is a jumpin point. When you do shit, you put people away from the book and the game.

This