Mel Gibson in Talks to Direct Genocide Squad

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/mel-gibson-in-talks-to-direct-suicide-squad-2-and-more-movie-news/

Could this revive the franchise?

How come hollywood forgave Mel?

Please disregard the typo in the title.

He brought in lots of shekels for them with his anti-WWII movie, so they decided to hold their noses and let him make them even richer.

>He brought in lots of shekels for them with his anti-WWII movie
Yeah, but why would they even choose to work with him on that?

Dunno, maybe they are desperate for a lead director and he's the best they can find that will take the responsibility.

Because he actually has a lot of friends in Hollywood still like RDJ who shill for him to the Jews.

Do you think he could direct a good superhero movie? He doesn't seem to think much of them, I think he said something about Avengers being shit, and he basically said now Andrew Garfield's playing a real hero in his movie as opposed to Spider-man.

I think he could do a good street-level type of superhero movie, like Punisher, or Daredevil for the Catholic angle.

Hollywood made its point, and Mel can still make a profitable movie.

Here's where I'd make a tongue in cheek joke about Jews and the entertainment industry; but too many people would take it literally.

>Here's where I'd make a tongue in cheek joke about Jews and the entertainment industry; but too many people would take it literally.
Yeah, people might misinterpret the joke and think there actually are a lot of Jews in the entertainment industry.

lmao fucking mel just wants to get in on the orgy that is that fucking cast

>"Squad, your mission is to eliminate international Jewry once and for all"

hence the name....genocide squad

He'd give Boomer a fair shake of the sauce bottle.

Say what you want about the crazy bastard, but the man can direct. That said, I'll believe it when I see it. The DCEU might die after JL

Wait a second..

Is he /ourguy/?

>Passion of the Suicide

>The Suicide Squad are crucified for their sins
>The Joker saves Harley Quinn
>The rest sing 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life'

Does this mean Captain Boomerang would be made a more prominent character?

>mfw Mel Gibson doing a cape movie

>Mel can still make a profitable movie.
Remind me again, when was the last time he did that?

Didn't he say that BvS was the biggest turd ever or something?

>makes a movie dedicated to shitting on Snyder

Because you idiots learned nothing from Suicide Squad 1. That sure was a director driven movie that was only improved by its editing, right?

Hacksaw Ridge ya mook, came out late last year.

He apparently finds all recent capes dumb except GotG

Iron Man too

He didn't even try to dance around it

More because of RDJr. than the movie itself.

Remember, at the time, Gibson was the one maintaining Downey Jr. alive. If it wasn't for "Iron Man", RBJr. would probably be adopted by Mel Gibson or something.

>Sir our brand is sinking further into the ocean, what are we going to do?
>....
>Make the call

are you retarded?

>catholic making honest opinion about jew shit..

i like mel Gibson now.

Mel Gibson on a pg-13 movie?

>would probably be adopted by Mel Gibson
Why couldn't we live in that timeline?

"So dat's it, huh? We some kinda.. genocide squad?"

Just a few months ago. Hacksaw Ridge.

Ayer is a spineless cuck that liked the trailer house meddling so much he came back to direct more schlock.
Try pulling that shit with someone like Mel though, and you've got an Edgar Wright situation on your hands.

Oh boy, I can't wait to see Mel turn SS into a dull metaphor.

MFW I agree with Mel Gibson on both Superhero movies and Andrew Garfield.

I wish Gibson smacks an executive or two. Individual voices is what capeshit needs to avoid it being devoluted into some generic shit. When was the last good capeshit movie even made?

The typo only makes it better, because it does sound like the title of a Mel's movie. You did well, OP, if that was an actual typo.

He's not going to do it

He wants to make The Passion 2 where Jesus kicks down the gates of hell to free the souls who died before him

He's got terrible taste, but he knows what normies like. This is the perfect opportunity.

>muh budget
I bet he didn't even see the movie.

Probably Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Plus he's on the verge of a comeback with Hacksaw Ridge. Why would he blow his chance on a fast sinking ship?

Based Mel, back at it again. Knowing you Sup Forums, you more than likely hate the guy.

But the DCEU is successful. Low numbers on tomato website doesn't mean it's a "fast sinking ship" no matter how hard you try to make that narrative.

I like him for his "anti-semetic, mysoginistic, racist" remarks, but not his remarks against comic book movies that he probably hasn't even seen.

Let's see if he can put his money where his mouth is and make a low budget, high quality superhero flick.

June 5th will prove you wrong

Hacksaw Ridge was garbage and people prop up his direction just because he SAYS WHAT WE'RE ALL THINKING bullshit.

I can guarantee you this isn't going to happen. You can screencap this.

If Gibson directs Skwad 2, I will eat my shit

You know that is latest movie, which he also directed, already has won a ton of awards and has 5 oscar nods?

We'll see. Want to take bets? If I'm right and it makes money, you have to become my friend.

>>Sir our brand is sinking further into the ocean

People are so dumb pretending that Suicide Squad was not one of the biggest movies of the year

Maybe he meant ocean of cash.

And everyone hated it
How many times do you think you can trick people into seeing terrible movies before they stop going?
Just look at Marvel comics, they'll drop your shit eventually, most likely after The Justice league if that ends up being shit too.

He also did Blood Father too, but that was a starring role.

>And everyone hated it
Yep all those costumers with T shirts and SS bumper stickers really hated this movie. The theater was laughing through the whole movie.

You aren't everyone, you narcissist. I didn't like it, but plenty of normies did. And isn't that what you people judge success over? If it was whether or not comic book fans liked the movie, then BvS would be at the top.

I hope not, he'd be throwing his revived carreer away again, DC movies are a sinking ship. Bury it

BvS is hated but not Batfleck, characters=/= the overall movie, you have no argument
>muh anecdotal evidence
we're done here

Really? Plenty of people here left halfway through.

That's what Bayformers fans tell themselves too

Batfleck has been hated since he was cast

Affleck is a laughingstock

Casuals prefer Nolanbats and even they picked up on the Batmurder

They are right though

Is "sinking ship" the new meme now that "flop" was proven wrong?

Nice try Zack

I wish I were Zack.

>you have no argument
Where's your proof that people didn't like it?