Supergirl dating/married to Lex Luthor's son

>Supergirl dating/married to Lex Luthor's son

What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergirl_(Matrix)
youtube.com/watch?v=Ax96DCF5ptU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't worry, senpai, it's not Lex Luthor's son.

It's Lex Luthor in a younger cloned body pretending to be his own son.

It's also not really Supergirl

Also, this Supergirl isn't Superman's cousin but a clone of Lana Lang from a pocket universe made of protomatter which gives her the ability to change shape.

This is my favorite Superman era.

It's also not the real Supergirl

This was so stupid. My God, DC was so similar to Marvel during this period.

I mean it was mostly the fault of editorial thinking "we have to pretend that Superman is LITERALLY the last of his kind, no Supergirl or Krypto and he can't have adventures with the LoSH even without powers as a teen... BECAUSE"

It does undercut the uniqueness of the character.

If you think Superman's DNA matters that much you've missed the point

Well, considering that the current on-screen version of supergirl is probably going to bang lex's half sister...

It doesn't matter THAT much, but you can have a Supergirl and even a Krypto without making them Kryptonian and therefore not messing with the whole "Last Son of Krypton" schtick. There should be some pathos to Superman's existence, some feeling of loneliness and ostracism deep in the core of his character contrasted by his human side, which does have a place in our world and which does belong. The Superman I grew up with is a dichotomy, a being who should feel shunned by society and alone, but doesn't thanks to his human upbringing.

But I really don't care either way all that much, bring in Kara, Krypto and the Phantom Zone criminals if you want to, I won't mind.

>There should be some pathos to Superman's existence, some feeling of loneliness and ostracism deep in the core of his character contrasted by his human side, which does have a place in our world and which does belong.

To me Kara is significantly different enough that she enhances that. The point of having both of them is the theoretical vs experienced loss. They can't even really comfort each other because there is no frame of reference.

Good point, I hadn't considered Kara's point of view. Shame on me.
Gotta hand it to you, she is a much more compelling character as a Kryptonian survivor than as a protomatter being/angel on Earth or whatever, which is why it's such a shame not that much is done with that set-up.

I mean I guess either way it works. He definitely doesn't need her or Krypto to work as a character as we've seen, but I don't think having her around hurts anything either as we've also seen.

I don't even think most of that bullshit was bad at all, it just probably shouldn't have been called Supergirl. Though of course business-wise reusing the title gets you more sales than coming up with a new mantle.

I've been reading the entire history of Supes, issue by issue. I'm a year away from Death of Superman and I can't wait to read this trainwreck.

Matrix Supergirl is great, don't knock it till you try it.

Death of Superman is fine, if boring and by the numbers, especially compared to the pretty damn good Knightfall. Reign of the Supermen on the other hand is just fucking fantastic, and the whole storyline wraps up with a major punch and leaves you salivating for the GL books.

Death is just a slugfest, not much substance to it, although it does have its moments (like when Superman has to choose whether to keep fighting Doomsday and possibly put him down or save a family whose house is burning down)
Funeral for a Friend is fantastic if you've read all Superman titles since Man of Steel. Such a fantastic, heartwrenching payoff to years of Supes stories for an event that was thought up at the last minute! All that little era from the aftermath of the battle to Jon Kent's heart attack is wonderful
Then you've got Reign of the Supermen. Actually pretty fun since all of the Supermen are quite different from each other: the Man of Steel is like one of the prototypical minority replacments that tries to live up to the original, the Metropolis Kid is brash and fun, the Last Son of Krypton is dark, edgy and completely alien, a true post-Watchmen "hero", and the Man of Tomorrow was a complete enigma (btw, how sad is it that I remember all of their nicknames?)
Then you've got the Return, which is a total trainwreck, yeah. Just plain dumb, drawn out action that has no appeal whatsoever if you're already familiar with the future of these characters. But hey, Supermullet.

So yeah, all in all, a mixed bag, but well worth the read if you're familiar with that era.

/rant over

>but you can have a Supergirl and even a Krypto without making them Kryptonian and therefore not messing with the whole "Last Son of Krypton" schtick.

Come to think of it, what would stop Supes from taking on a younger hero, I mean like a young adult, with an unrelated/similar power set to his and letting them take on the Supergirl/Superboy name? Why does the dog have to be from Krypton, why can't it be some Star or whatever Lab experiment? Don't labs usually test shit on animals before moving to human testing?

Is it Myx pretending to be her again?

>Why does the dog have to be from Krypton, why can't it be some Star or whatever Lab experiment? Don't labs usually test shit on animals before moving to human testing?

Smallville ran with that idea.

Alien bit of clay that thinks she is Supergirl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergirl_(Matrix)

the legion is fucking dumb and they have like 5 fans

youtube.com/watch?v=Ax96DCF5ptU

Be grateful you don't have Lois Lane having twins after sleeping with Lex Luthor.

nah it's good though

Wouldn't the equivalent more be Lana having Zod's twins?

Hey now, it's only Lena giving the love eyes. Kara only has eyes for that filthy Daxam