What is something you read about a movie that makes it instantly "dead on arrival" for you?

What is something you read about a movie that makes it instantly "dead on arrival" for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_8Qi-I4o9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How hyped low IQ Sup Forumsedditors are for it

When a movie is written by a proven successful writer,I guess.

No Hideo Kojima = NOT Metal Gear Solid

I sure will be disappointed when this movie comes out and doesn't set records.
I mean,it's a video game movie,no way can it be less than perfect.

The problem with this movie is that there is literally no one in Hollywood with the testosterone to play Snake. And they're not gonna cast an unknown actor to play the lead in a high budget movie. So we're probably gonna end up with Tom Hiddlestone as Snake.

Isn't the choice obvious?

Any talks of an Akira movie in general

Why doesn't Kojima just make movies? He has already proven multiple times that all he can make is cut scenes so why not just focus on that?

>interested in watching movie that's been out for a while
>look at quick plot summary on wikipedia to decide if it's worth it
>any mention of adultery whatsoever

'Diverse'
'Modern reimagining'
'Bold'
'Genre defining'
'The new face of (genre)'

>Short
>Tubby
>Gay as fuck
>Not a very good actor

Perfect

A love letter to Video Game Cutscenes

kys

>>Not a very good actor
Fucking reddit leave

My mans Snake is 6'4 with piercing blue eyes

Good. Serves you right.

BROTHER

This

>Written by Damon Lindelof

Kills my interest instantly, every single time.

just any very ambiguous stupid shit like "blah diversity blah" that has nothing to do with what a movie is supposed to be about

it's been doa since day one, sony pictures will do what they do best: make a shitty movie that loses money

The trailers for MGSV were better than most film trailers. They also happened to be better than the game, but there it is.

I watched 30 seconds of Baby Driver then turned it off. The whole music gimmick made my eyes roll out of my head.

That was literally the only good part

>diversity
>reimagining
>homage
>coming of age
>return to roots for director/writer
>X for the modern age

when Sup Forums says its good.

for all its faults i liked MGS V the narrative had the pacing issues inherent in sandbox titles, but the overall presentation was pretty solid. It managed to deal with issues of the time like the occupation of Afghanistan and resource conflict in africa that still hold resonance today while touching on timeless themes like loyalty, idealism vs realism and individual rights

Some of the games rely on the player interaction. The entire mind fuck of MGS2's ending wouldn't be half as effective if you were watching it as a movie/tv series.

MGS1 and MGS3 are probably the best "Movie" material as they are more streamlined in the story department.

This.

The first MGS I played was the first one to come out on playstation...MGSV was the second..I was High af, like first smoke in over a month and it was some good shit too when I booted up the game.

I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THAT INTRO

>we can't get proper Macross because of Harmony Gold fucking the US market for 30 years with their shitty Robotech version

what director do you think metal gear deserves? You all realize metal gear is hackey, cheesey, hamfisted, animu-tier dialogue, overdone choreography, corny, B-movie shit right? I say this as a metal gear fan by the way. Metal Gear deserves a George Lucas, be thankful the Jurassic World fuck is doing it instead.

If you're lucky, maybe villeneuve will try his hand at it in 10 years

fuck macross and robotech i want a good UC gundam adaptation
drop the colonies
gas the zeeks
space war now REEEEE

>complaining about diversity
>in a metal gear game
you realize this is a series about an American guy who is helped by a black guy, a british guy, and a chinese woman, who fights russians, hispanics, and gangurro girls right? This is like complaining about diversity in star trek.

Scott Eastwood as Snake
Clint Eastwood as Big Boss
It would be perfect

DUDE

I actually thought Kong: Skull Island was decent but Metal Gear will be this director's THIRD movie and SECOND movie with an actual budget I just can't see that working. Metal gear fucks around so much with tone and genre and has such huge set pieces it really seems like a movie that needs a veteran filmmaker to balance everything.

>Scott Eastwood as anyone ever

Fuck off

directing only. don't let that fucker near a typewriter.

>thinking every post is about metal gear because of the picture
he was responding to the question OP asked (what turns you off of a movie)

can scott eastwood even act? I mean if so, he would be perfect. Looks wise he makes a great snake

What could possibly go wrong?

A Macross live-action TV series could be cool, but you can guarantee they would turn the culture-clash part of the story into "muh diversity" shit.

Marvel

woops you're right. consequence of an eye catching picture

So why doesnt kojima just direct this movie again?

>No, not that name. You're not a snake, and I'm not an ocelot. We're men with names. My name is Adamska. And you?

>Directed by an American

What is it with this site and any mentioon of weed causing an autistic spaz fit, im inot trying to promote it or gloriify it in any way, i mmentioned it so you understood that i was noto in a normal frame of mind, I doubt sobre the iintro would have had anywhere near the impact it did when i was high.

Fpbp

So much this. Kojimbo can't write anything for shit.

>jurrasic world writer

Its gonna suck isnt it?

Elba is already playing Snake Plissken, so why not Solid Snake as well?

Pretty goddamn retarded to make an adaptation of a story from a different medium that was specifically designed from the ground up to take full advantage of the storytelling tools of that medium but we have Ulysses and Watchmen movies too so go figure.

better off not letting hollywood get their hands on beloved properties like gundam or eva. unless both the director and producer are huge fans and agree to keep the tone of the show intact it will be a mess.

I'm very certain they'll start the franchise with Solid Snake and not Venom Snake/Big Boss, and Kojima will give the franchise it's blessing.
I would think Taylor Kitsch or Christian Bale might make a good Solid Snake. Any faggy blonde britbong or swede can play Liquid, Otacon can be Andrew Garfield since they like to stammer a lot when they speak (or the scarecrow guy in Batman), that jap that played katana can be Mei ling, Meryl can be played by rose leslie or K Mcnamara (I'd rather cast Leslie), Sam Elliot as ocelot, Robin Wright as sniper wolf, Mads Mikkelsen as gray fox, the Hawaiian aquaman or Bautista as Raven (this is definitely going to happen just watch), psycho mantis played by Kevin Spacey (any young lanky actor should really be psycho since he's the same age as liquid and solid), Chris cooper as col. Campbell, Jennifer Connelly as Naomi Hunter, and Ving rhames or Keith David as sigint.

This is an A list cast. Someone get that cast em' graph and let's get this started.

No. This is a horrible casting. You're all only casting by image and not their mannerisms or how they've spoken on screen. Liquid is way to dramatic and embellishes everything he says.

Literally one of the best trailers I've seen
youtube.com/watch?v=9_8Qi-I4o9E

video games are capeshit

this is bad

>Scott Eastwood as Solid Snake
Man just throw your PC out now. Scott can't act for shit and definitely won't be able to pull off a grisly snake voice like David Hayter.

>Metal Gear Solid
As a movie (memes aside) it'd just be a generic secret agent shlock. It only works as a video game.

Sam Elliot as Revolver Ocelot
Jaime Lannister as Liquid Snake
Jared Leto as Psycho "DAMAGED" Mantis
The Rock as Vulcan Raven
ScarJo as Sniper Wolf

with a ninja, a flying dude with telekinesis a giant dinosaur robot and a "russian" dress as a cowboy

they would probably get rid of that because is too wacky for normies but thats what made it special in the first place

Sam Elliot is the only good one. The rest just show how much of a capecuck you truly are.

Part of the issue is that pacing works completely differently in a ~2 hour film. You can have ridiculous stuff like that in a video game that spans 10 hours or whatever because you have the time to explain things or normalize them. But try to condense that into a movie, and it just looks utterly ridiculous.

That and stuff like the twist of MGS would have less impact if you're just watching a character. Part of what made it special is that it wasn't just a character getting tricked. It was YOU the player being tricked, and all the other 4th wall breaking stuff like psycho mantis, etc.

When is Yoko Taro getting his movie adaptation?

lol is he really? If only we could clone Elba and have him play every role

>Kevin Spacey

Not likely gonna happen.

I know this feel

I want a Terrence Malick MGS movie. More realistically, Alex Garland would get me excited.

I wouldn't mind him as smarmy villain with minimal screen time that dies in spectacular fashion. That being said, any role where he's considered I'd much rather have the metal arm guy from Logan.

Kojima is a hack. Fukushima is what made MGS good.

But Fukushima happened in 2011 tho?

Les Enfants Terribles

God Liam is a shit actor

that guy is real writer not like the jew hacks in hollywood

I don't give a fuck if anyone doesn't like this, I would