youtube.com/watch?v=jf8Y5lk6VOo
youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0
youtube.com/watch?v=Rc6YROJbW4w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>immigrant song
>plays FUCKING TWICE

Really felt lazy

Transformers! More than meets the eye!

Just finished it, got what an awful piece of shit movie. I get that Marvel is a bit lighthearted, but this is literal Quip: the movie. Acting was subpar too and dont get me started on the plot

why not Manowar's "Thor (the Powerhead)"
youtube.com/watch?v=jf8Y5lk6VOo

you mean glam rock or hard rock

True that my high iq friendo. Let's take a stand against capeshit and save film together. Will you take my hand?

Thank God Im not the only one that picked that up.

>icon of European culture appears
>song about immigrants starts playinv

Fucking pottery.

I'll take your Mjolnir into my Assgard, if you catch my drift ;-)

Remember when getting permission to use Led Zeppelin songs was like impossible? Now they're in every other movie. Did (((they))) get to Jimmy Page?

When you pay that much for a Led Zeppelin song, you're goddamned right you're gonna milk it for all it's worth.

any comicfags can tell me, thor vs hulk, who wins?

This. I regret having been memed into watching this shit by Sup Forums.

stop watching capeshit

And both them were great.

For once, the classic rock actually fits the theme of the movie.

>I saw the trailer with all their quips
>I saw the commercials with all the quips
>I know that Marvel fills their movies with quips
>I went to go see Thor and somehow was not expecting this movie to be filled with quips

At a certain point, you really have to blame yourself for being so stupid.

why not Amon Amarth's "Twilight of the Thunder God"
youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0

Comics-wise, it's the Hulk, but only because Thor's too noble to let himself intentionally go berserker mode. Against berserker Thor, the whole planet loses.

>can't make good or memorable music for any film
>just stick a popular old song in then use it again

This has been fucking worrying me, too. Zeppelin has always maintained that aura of being real rock stars who don't give a fuck, thanks to Page telling everyone to fuck off when they asked to use their music. They had a sample of Immigrant Song in School of Rock back in the day, but that one made sense. Then I remember hearing Rock and Roll in a Cadillac commercial, and I swear I've heard When The Levee Breaks in a commercial as well. Sort of disappointing tbqh, if they're running out of money or something, just do a one-off show in a big venue and sell tickets for exorbitant prices - it'll sell out in minutes and they'll be set again.

This, so much. As a younger me I always hoped they'd put at least an instrumental version of some Amon Amarth song

It's near impossible since it's not a mainstream genre and the band wouldn't like a westernized hollywood version of Thor, but fuck it. It fits

Man0waR is to high-test for such a mainstream audience

It even played in Silver Linings Playbook

I guess they have a mortgage to pay

this was kino other than the dodgy CGI for his eye-wound

This was more entertaining than anything Joss Whedon could ever pull off with The Avengers.

They played Antisocial by Anthrax in IT, which kinda caught me by surprise. Never say never, user.

Hey that's my favorite movie!

I don't even like capeshit, but this movie was actually half decent. The number of quips must be a record, but Chris Hemsworth plays a character like Thor really well. I fucking lol'd hard when he was explaining to Sharlto Copley rock monster guys how he'd fly by throwing his hammer and it would pull him off the ground, and rock monster guy goes, "Bloody hell, the hammer pulled you off?"

I’m glad that he got a power up that gave us cool scenes but wasn’t enough to beat the big bad. Gotg2 did the same thing.

> song about vikings
> plays twice, each time when Thor is in full posession of his power, it wasn't gratuitous, there was a point
> the song itself works perfectly in both scenes and is played in its entirety

It was a good use of the song. There are far worse offenders in term of how they use popular song.

The only thing I would add is Thor picking up a random axe and wrecking shit with it

youtube.com/watch?v=Rc6YROJbW4w
Why not Bathory?

yeah , and the lyrics really fits with Thor.

The heat signature under a mountain is the people!
The big green dot is the badguy!
We have to hurry!