Why did Thor 3 flop? Was it too smart for average audience ?

Why did Thor 3 flop? Was it too smart for average audience ?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2017.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=it.htm
theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/10/blade-runner-2049-top-at-uk-box-office-kingsman-dunkirk
the-numbers.com/movie/Blade-Runner-2049#tab=international
youtube.com/watch?v=bAb8KIhgVAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

B-but Sup Forums said yesterday this was an assured flop.

What are some wholesome mobies?

Amerifats confirmed for Ameritards.

PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
TELL ME THIS IS THE BEGINING OF THE END OF CAPESHIT!
HOPE JUSTICE LEAGUE FOLLOWS AND LOSE TOO.
GOD BLESS BRITS!
IT'S NOT MUCH BUT ALWAYS A GOOD START!

>UK box office
Meaningless, especially as Orient Express is an extremely British movie. Thor 3 has done decently well so far - $500mil opening week.

brits are still assmad about being raided constantly

So do the kikes force Daisy get blacked in the movie or what?

Thor was already on top last week.

Agatha Christie is huge in Britain, especially compared to AmeriKKKa.

and yes UK audiences are generally better which is why Blade Runner was a hit here.

>too smart
>"and then Loki was like a snake and I like picked it up and then he turned back into Loki and I was like 'aaaah'..."

>UK box office is meaningless

Lol tell the investors it's meaningless. The UK is usually the 2nd or 3rd largest market for CBMs

>Blade Runner was a hit here.
Keep telling yourself that.

>220 million budget
>120 million reshoots
>200 million dollar add campaign
>only take 50% of box office
Yeah I think Thor 3 flopped

It's flopping in the US now opening weekend has passed.
Box office takings just dropped 44% over a single day.
I guess normies are sick of slap stick superheros

As for today, Thor Ragnarok is making less than It. Yep, you heard that right, the movie shilled here non stop for a year, the same movie that forced mods to make a stickie to control the shills, is making less in the United States than some R-Rated magic alien paedo clown flick

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2017.htm

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=it.htm

to be honest Thor 3 is for people with high intelligence

"here" is the operative word. it did well in the UK:
theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/10/blade-runner-2049-top-at-uk-box-office-kingsman-dunkirk

but he is right
the-numbers.com/movie/Blade-Runner-2049#tab=international
usually china is biggest international audience, but for blade runner it was UK. 20 million is a lot for UK, only capeshit, Disney and very few movies pass this

>murder on the orient express
>a hit in the UK
golly gosh

that's becoz it's all a bit of a palava to britbongs

youtube.com/watch?v=bAb8KIhgVAI

It did well with 40 year old nostalgia virgins, teenage gosling lovers and children in a country where, unless you live in London, there's literally fuckall else to do. Considering it's the ONLY triple A movie out in the UK I'd say it's done pretty badly. Everyone I know who's seen it says it's an absolute pile of shit.

you know terrible people

>in a country where, unless you live in London, there's literally fuckall else to do
Imagine thinking the overseas branch of Hong Kong has anything going on. Get some scrumpy and western in y', y' joyless cunt.

Fare thee well, god of quippage. By Branagh thou wert born, and by Branagh thou shalt die.

looking forward to this

>A classic old school mystery beats Marvel capeshit

I went to see it with a bunch of mates from work and we nearly all liked it, so I think you just hang around with idiots. I makes sense, as you're on this board

>UK
>orient
Read a map, fag

you stupid
you have small brain

This movie was a flop the very moment they hired Johnny Depp.

Lmao, could you be more of a bullshitter?

t.dummy

Que? Britain was last successfully invaded a little shy of a thousand years ago, what do you mean they are being constantly raided?

Black Valkyrie. It might do the studios well to learn that erasing beautiful white characters might work in New York but not in Europe. Valkyries are part of our beloved heritage and they are always white. All the comments and opinions I ever heard on the Thor film were mostly how it looked OK, good to see Loki again, but why are Norse gods and Valkyries black?

>Thor 3
>Flop
>Has almost outgrossed the first Thor in a week

I really enjoyed Thor Ragnarok. A bit too many quips at times, but one of the few current marvel movies ive enjoyed in the cinema. But holy fuck do I hate normies watching these movies.
>"that Odin or thor guy...was that Matt Damon?"
Overheard a guy behind me, no wonder why these movies draw an audience.

I might have gone seen this but I can't stand Johnny depp

Americans and Chinese like capeshit, colour me surprised

bumping the only decent thread on this board

> Kill off three side characters
> Destroy Asgard
> Slice Thor's eye

> Comedy...

The fuck is wrong with this movie? It was a mess.

> A movie with three main developed characters; Thor, Loki, Hulk...
> Outgrossing a movie released many years ago when it was a cast of nobodies playing characters nobody knew

That is not an achievement.

Fuck wrong thread

>Agatha Christie is huge in Britain
This, don't fuck with Poirot

Looks like a flop to me

> A movie with three main developed characters; Thor, Loki, Hulk...
> Outgrossing a movie released many years ago when it was a cast of nobodies playing characters nobody knew

>That is not an achievement.
Keywords: In a week

It's already made its budget back

Is this a good version of the book? Should I watch an older one first or do I just need to stop being pleeb and read the book?

>Amerikkka
I remember being in high school.

Has to make back 19x it's budget in first weekend to not flop

This makes me happy. Hopefully it will play in the local movie plex

Satan trips lies. I mean, it dropping like a mule but they have already gotten something like 150-160 million back and it been out for a week stateside.

Unlike poor bladerunner that looking at a 70 million dollar loss

The only thing to do in London is hide in the basement avoid Muslim terror attacks.

Thor 3 is doing worse in the weekday box office than GOTG2, Wonder Woman and Home coming, It's opening was bigger than Homecoming and it's already behind, by this time next week it will be behind Wonder Woman. There are still people on Sup Forums who think it will make a billion dollars

>$500mil opening week.

That's a lie

Because Thor has already been out for over two weeks in the UK

>Thor 3 is behind IT (2017) every single day
lol

55 dom
50-60 foreign

Nobody gives a fuck about Thor. The Marvel faithful all went to see it opening weekend and now it's got the biggest drops of the year except for Logan but that was R rated

Where are the venues showing this in 70mm in Canada?

>Kenneth Branagh made Thor shit on purpose so the sequels wouldn't beat his future movies
Damn

you mean a 2 week gross of 500 million

>omg this beat Thor haha fuck capeshit

this movie was fucking garbage, about on par with capeshit
don't you fucking celebrate

>send roasties to do a man's job
>all die
yes that's about right

>gets proven wrong
>tries to lie about reality to save his face on anonymous imageboard

pathetic

>branagh blackwashed the character so that daisy can get BLACKED in the film

why are brits such cucks?

Their personality of "perverted aristocrat" goes finely along with lifestyle of cuckolding

Why was loki so weak in thor 3?

He didn't use his sorcery once, not even vs dr strange.

We fucking love murder mystery shit over here, it's kinda strange. There are so fucking many and literally everyone has a handful they watch. Poirot, Marples, Midsummer Murders, New tricks, Morse, Lewis, DCI Banks, Silent Witness, Jonathan Creek, Vera, Broadchurch, Wallander, Law & Order, Rebus, Cracker, Taggart, Inspector Lynley and fuckloads more. It's a fucking national obsession.

The entire crime drama concept is so much different over here than in the U.S with shit like C.S.I and other border-line comedy shite.

I assume he as busy being zany comic relief

>It's alright, It's OK
>Doesn't really matter if you're old and grey

The seasons of New Tricks with the original cast is actually Brit-Kino

Spoilers: Poirot did it!

user was right that everyone has their favs, but I've literally never met anyone who doesn't like new tricks, even now with the new cast, it's still decent.

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

>thor loses his hammer
>he is literally castrated

Recommending anything really good amongst new stuff? I only watched Broadchurch for a season and a half. These cliffhangery mysteries aren't for me.

If you don't count the muslims.

What the fuck even is that article?

>Marvel's 17th movie in a row with a white male lead
>A hammer to the face of the Alt-Right

Judging by his string of back to back failure and underperforming box offices, most of America will tell you the same.

He's still a draw in internationally. Even that piece of shit pirates movie whipped the floor with all the cape shit this year

I'm ashamed to be your fellow countryman