You now remember Cartoon Fridays

You now remember Cartoon Fridays

is it just me or was the girl host black once?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonnetwork.wikia.com/wiki/Nzinga_Blake
youtube.com/watch?v=CKNV5AJOXGM
youtube.com/watch?v=9P5Ak3tXVm0
youtube.com/watch?v=bydvq63rx8s
youtube.com/watch?v=ToEXDwmQUZI
youtube.com/watch?v=iPQxRmmhgz8
youtu.be/yUPCb8Uu_0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where are the hosts now?

Including the black one

cartoonnetwork.wikia.com/wiki/Nzinga_Blake

There were 2 different female hosts, the black one was the first one

Did the show get cancelled soon after she left? I dont even remember a white one.

Was there ever a "last" episode?

Wait, there were live action hosts at one point?!

I remember Live Action hosts, but not those two hosts. I don't remember that set either.

Sorry kid you gotta be 18 to post. CF was a big part of my childhood. On that last day of the class week it wasnt just playing the PS2 but turning to that channel knowing new episodes would be playing. Good fucking stuff. Dont know how CN does it today since I stopped watching after the golden age ended

this looks Australian

But I don't remember live action host for Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, I remember actual Cartoons like Courage or Ed Edd n Eddy would host for the night and premieres

Which hosts do you remember? Only ones I ever knew were a black chick and kind of annoying but endearing white guy who seemed fat

I turned 23 today.

I only remember the cartoon characters as hosts and getting a code each week for a free character on your Cartoon Network.com account.

I had the single greatest PPG collection ever, the background wasn't even visible there was so much stuff on it.

I remember both those eras. Live action hosts come around the time of Fosters Home if I aint mistaken, maybe a lil bit before. Hell now Im having flashbacks of fucking Miguzi. Fuck that Code Lyoko shit

>Dat Opening Intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=CKNV5AJOXGM

Nope, Nzinga was on from October 2003 to December 2004. Tara hosted from January 2005 to February 2007.
so there were more episodes without her than with her

Imma just leave this here...

A couple, after Cartoon Cartoon Friday's they had this which was just Cartoon Friday's and then they had Fried Dynamite which was during the CN Real dark ages.

Seriously, does anybody remember Fried Dynamite?
I hope you don't.

I tried and tried, but for the life of me I could never really figure this game out. It took me a long time to learn how to play it, and even then it was confusing and I sucked.

>live action hosts
>not the original where the cartoons were hosting

BIG

GUY

SHIMMY!

I spent many an hour collecting good ones and building my page with cool stickers n shit

Thanks for the nostalgia blast. I just feel bad for Nicucklodeon fags who never got to experience this feeling.

And out of nowhere just now I remembered I used to watch some shitshow called Phil Of The Future on the Disney Channel.

Remember that MMORPG-esque KND game they used to have, where you could get your own numbah and do missions based off the week of new episodes that premiered?

The white girl, Tara, was a replacement of the original co-host Nzinga. the fat guy, Tommy, was there for the entire run of the series

Speaking of old shit Cartoon Network used to do, remember that competition where they had three characters: A Giant Elephant troll, a dark wizard and a knight which every week would represent certain cartoons being aired that day and whoever got they most votes they'd air those specific cartoons as well as determine which character "wins" in the end.

If I remember right dark wizard dude won.

>>You will never be 10 again, at the library downloading and playing Operation B.E.S.T. for the unlikely chance of having you high score on TV

I want to go back

Ooooh, that explains it. Didn't really watch as much CN during that era, mostly during the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays era.

Tara Sands is still VA'ing even recently voiced Kari Kamiya in the Digimon Adventure Tri dub.

IDK, about the others though.

>Seriously, does anybody remember Fried Dynamite?
>tfw was rewatching KND last week
>Had some Cartoon Friday's adverts in the credits with Tommy and Tara
>Come up to around seasons 6
>Fried Dynamite ads start coming in with the credits suddenly
>Later the opening song to Out of Jimmy's head starts playing as the credits roll near the end of one episode during the credits
The Nostalgia hit me so god damn hard

>Tfw had a shitty computer at the time and couldn't compete in that
I still remember was some of the missions were from it though.

Hell yeah.

If I remember correctly, there was also an event where one of the dozens of players were chosen for some sort of event, and had been given a cameo in an episode of KND.

>Tfw it still Friday Night for me for one more minute

Just realized I unintentionally repeated myself in this post but you get what I mean.

Remember Whiskers, the Kitten who can name fruit?
youtube.com/watch?v=9P5Ak3tXVm0

This intro was always the fucking best. The whole of the channel's history up to that point condensed into 1 minute with a great song and the theme of having all the characters know each other and work together, which is something the channel did from way back in the 90s up until the mid-late 2000s.

That said, I don't think I EVER noticed Scotsman in the intro until I watched it just now. Weird.

>you know remember when Brak one survivor
>you know remember when Scooby Doo was elected President of Cartoons
>you know remember when Ed made a huge upset and won the presidency the next election cycle

>Out of Jimmy's head

Even as a wee kid I knew that signaled the end of the golden age. Holy fuck.

I didn't mind the original movie honestly.

SO IF YOU WANT A VP WITH A BACKBONE
AND NOT A VP WITH-OUT ONE
THEN VOTE FOR THE GUY WHO'S A SKELETON
YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE HE HAS A SPINE

happy birthday

>tfw the hosts starting repeating and they used the same jokes

Oh my fuck what is this feeling I'm feeling? Its like a past life I had and I'm remembering it all

Holy fucking shit that nostalgia hit hard.

I remember voting for Numbah 1 and Eduardo simply because I knew no one else would

>Have an election
>Have the two most popular shows the channel had at the same time combine
>With the shows respective most popular character no less
They never had a chance.
It should've been Edd versus Grim. I can see that debate being so heated we'd be arguing it to this day.

Remember CN Invaded?

>they had models for in between shows of CGI aliens
>I think it was to advertise some kind of Canadian Cartoon they got the rights to
>never see the show it was advertising
>this was just some Halloween gimmick for the channel I guess

Actually it was to advertise Krafts cheese.
No I'm not even joking.

It's why half of the episodes plots were cheese related.

>Thanks for the nostalgia blast. I just feel bad for Nicucklodeon fags who never got to experience this feeling.

Kiss my ass, CNfags

>The ending to the EEnE and Grim episodes
>mfw the end credit scene in Grim revealed the entire thing was some conspiracy

>Kraft

Oh fuck my nostalgia benis

>my Uncle was on an episode of this
>they threw a pie into the crowd
>it ended up hitting him in the face randomly
>he's dead now but the memory still brings me some amount of joy

Now, when it came to blocks Nick was pretty good too, but the content is what carries the whole thing. Pickboy was based, but he would've been even more based if his selection of shows was on par with CN's. Not to say Nick didn't have plenty good shit, but not as much by a sizable margin.

I remember being upset that the black girl was gone
>Fried Dynamite
I remember hating that I don't even remember what it is

I exclusively associated Vivaldi's Spring with this stupid cat for the first half of my life

Oh, hey, I remember this. I remember always looking forward to Fridays as a kid, hell I remember imagining running something like it myself, except it was pirate themed.

...shit, I feel old, now.

youtube.com/watch?v=bydvq63rx8s

I remember there was one week where they had Lemony Snickett "on the show" but it kept cutting away every time you were about to see his face and then at the end of the show you see his hat in the window and just as he is about to enter the room the transmission "cut" to all the characters speaking Spanish.

Also Pick Boy

Wait am I thinking of Nickelodeon

yeah it was around when the Jim Carrey movie was coming out and it was on Slime Time

They kept hyping up that he was gonna be on the show but stuff would happen to delay him like his elevator breaking down, a dog chasing him etc.

>Wait am I thinking of Nickelodeon
Most likely, Nick had a deal with Snicket to make a film about the Series of Unfortunate Events.

Remember when they first started advertising for KND? That shit got me so hyped, they were being super secretive about it and acting like it was some big deal, like they were receiving information on some super secret project, and kid me ate it up. I think there was supposed to be some other show launching alongside it, but I don't think it took off.

Fucking Christ, I must have blocked that shit out. I think I remember some interim period that didn't have the kid hosts and was just sort of there.

I recall them also giving out tips and hint for the tie in Video game

Cartoon cartoon fridays was better, but plain Fridays was decent too.

People always say "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2004", but I'd have to say "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2007". In 07, CN City ended, the beloved Fridays block was replaced with the poor Fried Dynamite, the shitty version of Toonami began (the one with soccerball-faced TOM as the mascot), the seeds of CN Real were planted with the show Out of Jimmy's Head, horrible shows like Chowder and Flapjack came in, etc.

>Flapjack
>shit
Screw you nigga, that show was the only beacon of light during the the dark ages.

I remember even as a kid going "The fuck is this lolsorandum shit. Do adults think I like this"

Am I crazy or did Miguzi used to play Dragonball GT? I remember having a huge afterschool crush on Pan for awhile

>Nzinga

>CN Real

Oh god a hateboner I even had as a kid is coming back. I couldnt have been the only one that thought the live shit threatened to turn CN into the next iCarly zone

I recall this being replaced with some cartoon network GOLD just before Friday night cartoons died to me.

CN real is actually what got me out of kids cartoons, by the time that era was over I was too old to watch anymore.

My friends roped me back in to watch Steven Universe, though.

nah the only anime they ever showed on Miguzi was Yugioh GX, Zatch Bell, One Piece, Pokemon, and Naruto

GT I think was near the tail end of Toonami's life

I remember Nick having this block where they played shows for "older" audiences, basically just All That, Kenan and Kell, etc stuff I guess might be considered for tweens/teens instead of kids? Can't remember if they had a host but I remember an orange couch. The fuck am I thinking of?

SNICK or Saturday Night Nick, it was the teen block basically

No. The end of Toonami well after GT. At the end Naruto absolutely dominated the block, and filler hell is what honestly delivered the coup de gras.

I don't recall Zatch Bell or One Piece on Miguzi.

Watching the Chunin Exams with friends was some of the tightest shit. Its sad to see what Naruto became but them Rock Lee days was straight fire

Wasn't it just full of shows they used to advertise to kids though?

Never mind, I recall Zatch Bell, but still not One Piece

>Tfw you remember the last show that aired on Toonami before it died the first time.
>Tfw that show as Samurai Jack

nah SNICK had the big orange couch on it for interviews with boy bands and teen celebrities at the time.
They had stuff like Keenan and Kell, Amanda Show, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Pete and Pete, the Adventures of Alex Mack etc. the shows above 8-12 but below whoever the fuck Linda Ellerbee was for

Did anyone else watch the older shows on Nick at Night after Nick went off? Kept on watching those older sitcoms even after Adult Swim replaced the Paid Programming on CN.

I'll do you one better.
youtube.com/watch?v=ToEXDwmQUZI

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. A pie-related death is a sad yet equally funny way to go.

I remember when Orochimaru was this seemingly invincible villain that worfed Kakashi and Anko, and managed to kill the Third Hokage, and then when the Akatsuki showed up, it was this big thing because Orochimaru was scared shitless of them, and that Itachi was this boogeyman that everyone took super seriously. I honestly think that, with a few exceptions, Shippuden was a major downgrade, because Part 1 made me really feel like the bad guys were these big, terrifying forces of nature without them even having to do much.

Pain Invasion Arc was pretty awesome though. Having this one (okay, technically six) guy fight the entire village and win was amazing, and then Naruto returning after Pain nuked the village to avenge everyone was just amazing, especially since Pain had seemingly killed Kakashi and a shit ton of other people.

fuck that made me laugh too hard, thank you user

I thank God I Am Weasel existed just so that we could have his baritone in this.

Also
>WHO DO YOU THINK I AM, SINATRA?

>Then he resurrected everyone and Naruto as a series never recovered after that.

Yeah, that was bullshit, it took away any sense of drama the arc had.

the only good think about Naruto ending was Guy Sensei unlocking the last gate and sacrificing himself to make sure some people escaped

Naruto comes outta nowhere and just revives him like it's nothing off screen

I've never felt so empty about a narrative

youtube.com/watch?v=iPQxRmmhgz8
Who wants to watch a movie?

Fuck no Bill Cosby seemed like a lame ass black grandpa

I watched Jijinx or whatever that prank show was where adults pranked their kids

Seeing gToons made me remember the collectible card thing Nickelodeon had on their website. You could play games and shit to buy packs of cards. Does anyone remember the name of it? I'm pretty sure that was my first "internet hangout".

Please tell me they still do it for the kids of today. I always got so fucking comfy. Mom even made me caramel popcorn when I told her something was about to play

God damnit if I could just relive my kid days forever in a purgatory I wouldnt mind staying forever like Ed Edd and Eddy do

>this intro
>2003
Fuck me I was 8 around that time. Time flies.

nope

it's just a quick rundown of what you're gonna watch with the blocks introduction to air some hollywood shit they air any other time

Eh that was when it became obvious there was no turning back. 2004 is a perfectly fine point for when it died though. Most of the OG Cartoon Cartoons were done. PPG was still around but at the end and McCracken had left a long time before that anyway. EEnE was in what was supposed to be its final season (and that took two years to air so it had been effectively dead up until it was revived) too but outside of that everything else was done. That was also when they booted Toonami to Saturday night in favor of Mizugi which failed and left to Toonami's slow death.

Everything that built the network in the latter half of the '90s and turn of the millennium was effectively done at that point or changed beyond recognition. 2007 was the plug finally being pulled.

While I watched that I was more into their other shows, like All in the Family.

Guessing that's some of N@N's original programming? Never cared for any of that.

No because Nickelodeon was lame. Only faggots with bad taste and a love for shit animation ( iCarly boners lurked there. And Disney was for girls, fuck Lizzie McGuire and her dumb Italy movie

LET THE RAIN FALL DOWN

youtu.be/yUPCb8Uu_0w

Pic related is the best show Cartoon Network ever produced. I really wish they'd bring something like it (and a proper June Bugs) back.