Regardless of what you think about The Room as a movie (you probably think it's a bad one, rightfully so)...

Regardless of what you think about The Room as a movie (you probably think it's a bad one, rightfully so), you can't argue that Tommy Wiseau is a positive role model with his positive thinking and his "I'll try hard enough" attidude. If every user was like Tommy, his life would be better, and as a result, the world would be too.

I'm looking forward toward The Disaster Artist, I think it's gonna be like Ed Woord -meaning it'll be about a man with passion and a pure heart.

I feel bad for Tommy, he's finally thinking that he made it but Hollywood and people are just making fun of him, but he thinks they really like his work. He's living in blissful ignorance.

In the end, the only thing that matters is if you stay true to yourself. Tommy does.

its not a bad movie. it's an entertaining piece of art with a lot of memorable dialog and humor

deep inside he knows that it's all a sham but he plays along because it's the only fame he will ever get

But Tommy left his heritage behind, he changed his name, he's ashamed of his polish origin. He's merely pretending to be American, he's living behind layers of insecurities. His persona of Tommy Wiseau is just thin facade.

Whole point of USA is you can be anything you want as long as you try hard enough. And Tommy did.

You're my favorite customer.

What's that supposed to mean? That he bubmed his character up in his own movie? Big deal...

Hi doggy.

This most likely.

Yeah, but I don't have mystery millions of fucking dollars like Tommy. Tommy is some rich kid who knew he couldn't fail.

He's obviously a better businessman than director/actor. Are you jelly he made it?

Real businessmen state where the money came from, no one believes his story about his empty fucking store in SF. No jelly, but don't deny he had a head start and he's shady. Greg talks about this a lot in the book. Tommy is barely competent and clueless in most things he takes part in. The film was made through sheer will and a mystery vault of cash.

>Real businessmen state where the money came from
Tommy likes having a mysterious image and is incredibly secretive of his person life. But it's still pretty obvious where his money came from. He started off in sales, then had some help getting into real estate before the tech boom in SF. The only possibly shady parts are that his backers were old people that may have kept him around as a boytoy, and that his clothing stores sold irregular jeans and knockoffs.

If you think that's shady, you must think Arnold Schwarzenegger is shady because he basically made his money the same way. When he moved to the US, he had a job managing a gym, then he started a bricklaying company and a mail-order workout tip business. From the profits from those businesses he got into real estate and became a millionaire way before becoming a known actor. Real estate is seriously lucrative if you know what you're doing and are willing to take risks.

>he had a head start

Greg doesn't even believe this.

>post-modernest cuckold

>he had a head start
Tommy is a someone who probably found every single door that could close, closed. That's why in my book, he's a positive role model.

He's quite possibly the most famous idiot ever, but I admire the simple mindset that he has. Not filming digital and film at the same time kind of simple, just simple on a philosophical level.

There's countless shitty movies made by idiots every single year, but you never see or hear about them, and that's because they have no redeeming or memorable qualities at all. At least this dude made a film that offered something that resonated with people, regardless if it was bad writing, production, or performance, it had a lasting impact on people, and that's pretty much what the goal of all film is in the end.

Foreign dude achieved his goal, but simply in a way he did not expect.