Hercules

I want to get into Marvel's greek side

so redpill me about the Greek Heroes, how strong are these guys? how would Herc compare to Thor, how would Odin compare to Zeus?

Roughly around the same level

Herc is a big guy

Hercules lifted Manhattan island. He's stronger than Thor. But he's a complete and absolute bro.

Check out Pak's Incredible Hercules.

Marvel's canon has Thor and Hercules being distant relations by virtue of both being Earth gods.
They're both about equally strong. (that is to say stronger than many other god characters like Loki)
Odin is more powerful than both as he wields "the Odinforce" but I've been reading Marvel for 30 years and have never seen any Zeus.
It's important to note that Marvel's take on "gods" is that they are living myths that exist as walking talking stories that change in keeping with people's beliefs about their abilities.
Because of that last part their relative strength (and even personal history) changes in relation to external forces.

4U

depends on the writer so it's pointless to talk about it

>but I've been reading Marvel for 30 years and have never seen any Zeus.

Most prominent memory of him for me is Herc looking after a kid version of him around that whole.... Continuum© thang

Who would be hercs?
Loki =
Enchantress =
Sif =
3 warriors =
Legacy/sidekick =
Girl counterpart =

>depends on the writer
yes
>so it's pointless to talk about it
no

>redpill
I hate this word. Its basically this generation's "enlighten"

>Hercules thread

Herc should have been the 3nity not thor.

Black hair/tech = Tony
Blond/ leader = Steve
Brunette/ magic warrior = herc

> Odin is more powerful than both as he wields "the Odinforce"
No they are about equal in strength.

anyone can change it on a whim, they don't give a flying fuck about continuity and basic personality traits now, let alone power levels
so what's the point?

Thor is a god, Herc is a demi-god. I think Zeus is dead and hanging out in the same purgatory as Phobos and, until recently, Ares.

They're aliens

At least herc as a connection to man

No one knows is Hercules just fap material?

>They're aliens
No they aren't. They're Gods. Living stories.

Meant for this

You're thinking of MCU.

who is the Spider hes talking to in the last panel? also where is this from?

How have you been reading for so long and yet never read Pak's Incredible Hercules?

Probably anansi

Her c has long purged his mortal side trough flames, he's been a full god for ages.

As for power, yeah, most of the pantheons are of the same level, between Thor and herc, herc is physically stronger and is the better Hand to Hand fighter, Thor has more utility.

Supergod herc > Rune King Thor > Thor with Hammer > Herc > Thor without Hammer

I fucking hate how every relaunch of his book that wasn't Pak's is
>Herc is known as being a goof off, now he has to be serious and be the hero he need to be

It's so fucking tiring hearing the same fucking premise each time. He hasn't been a goof off in fucking ages. and what's wrong with having fun??

Fun.

If hypotheticals aren't fun to you, then yes; there is no point... for you.

>Supergod herc
The hell is that

>red pill me

That term usually means crack open the conspiratorial one world government, deprogram me and make me finally sympathize with Hitler's mission

No no that's the indigo pill

After Herc died in his 2008 run, Cho gathered the ambrosia of Olympus, the golden apples of Idunn, the spells of the Book of Thoth, and the amrita cup of Dhanavantari to form an elixir that turned him into a Skyfather and get Herc back, Cho couldnt handle the power so he gave it to Herc who grew stronger and surpassed Skyfather levels by the time of chaos war. Herc used the power to restore the multiverse that Anti Monitor'd by Amatsu Mikaboshi.

>Gillen never got to make a 2012 Mayan gods story in JiM
Bummer.

>Cho gathered the ambrosia of Olympus, the golden apples of Idunn, the spells of the Book of Thoth, and the amrita cup of Dhanavantari to form an elixir

DIZUS CRAIST CHO!!

Cho is just below Rick Jones in terms of 'don't underestimate humanity'

It's sadly a cooler concept than how it's executed.
I mean first two issues are alright if you're fine with Cat memes but the last issue comes in on he tail end of Cho's final ingredient.
Same can be said of Chaos War, it sounds cool but then when they do it they do it in a way that leaves you with blue balls.
Like you hear "All the pantheons of Gods have to take on Aku as he tears through the universe" then what happens is All the Gods except a handful are fucking cowards and do nothing but hide and die

that was such a shitty way to end a good Herc book. It was pointless battles and an end that reset everything

Thor would know it as a love potion, how many times has he been roofied by Amora or Lorielle?

I think there's a considerable difference between love potions and date rape drugs.
I mean not so much in goal but potence

I felt like the writer was tired by that point, even the onomatopoeias by that point were lackluster

Heroic Age: Prince of Power was fun, albeit a bit dated. It's worth it just to see Thor and Cho broing around, and Delphyne's whole bit.

Chaos War was underwhelming as fuck almost from the start and really did feel like a waste of a good premise.

so there's no point but it's fun, fair enough

Ares
That Amazon Bitch
The qt waifu he keeps cucking
Let's just say "Athena"
Cho
I don't even... She-Hulk maybe?

that's some pretty shitty logic pham

To be fair it was kept vague right up until Thor #300. With aliens being the logical leaning.
And even then the guy who clarified it in Thor #300 wrote up the whole Cosmic Axis thing a few issues prior, which implies they're... I dunno extradimensionals or something, it was vague too.

I'm still pissed the 2015 Hercules series sold so poorly.

Hopefully Marvel turns him into a movie as a replacement for Thor so they can do more with him.

Journey Into Mystery. 600andsoemthing. Fear Itself tie-in. Mephisto is on the cover and narrates the whole issue, relating what the various Gods & Demons are doing about the crisis at hand.
It's where that Devil's Advocacy page/concept is from, if you've seen/heard that before.

Are there no magic beings, trickster in Greek/Roman myth?

Theres Circe but Shes a girl and they already have a Sersi an eternal.

Chaos War bruh

>multiverse
Mutliverse includes alternate Earths & mathematical abstracts. Pretty sure it was just 616 and it's various planetary pocket dimensions.

He needs a more slicker redesign
Orange + Green = no buy
Just look how no one takes Aqua man seriously

Colors are important

Greek/Roman myths has more stories and substance than Norse

The issue was cool it's just LOLCATS reference probably wasn't the best way to end it.

I ain't. It really failed to live up to the hype of #1.
Herc comics tend to explore all pantheons instead of sticking to his own, more so than Thor comics do at least. Which is accentuated by just how fewer Herc comics there are.
After that cro-magnon shadow demon thing I was all set for a roller coaster ride through mythology and instead got a cockney Beowulf and those Tumblr fucking shits.

oh shit it actually is, too

Better, but given what Thor has given us over the year's I'mma still disagree.
Besides everyone does Greek stuff. there's no lack of it. Shit that's why they went with Thor in the first place. Diversity yo'.

>The qt waifu he keeps cucking
Hebe.

Hercules would happily have boned Sekhmet and everyone would have gotten a happy ending. As it were. Thor is a bit of a prude much of the time.

>I want to get into Marvel's greek side
You mean the butt?

Hercules & Thor are on approximately the same superheavyweight strength tier, alongside big lads like Hulk, Juggernaut, Gladiator, Sentry, Wonder Man etc..
Starlin considered Odin & Zeus the same tier but that was judged moreso in fundamental cosmic ramifications for the universe than out-and-out strength.

Pak & Van Lente's The Incredible Hercules is his longest & most beloved series, from which many memes sprang. It spun out of World War Hulk and was actually a renaming of Hulk's own comic (Hulk got a new #1) so the first issue number is over 100. That run would go on to encompass a few one-shots, the miniseries Prince of Power, the event Chaos War, and the short lived ongoing Herc (in that order). There was also a rather good Hercules miniseries before all of this, sometime around Civil War, about him having to redo the 12 Labors in a modern context. Not sure if that was by Pak & Van Lente too but it wouldn't surprise me.

Classic Herc was a perennial team player & Supporting character. He got a mini or two in the 90s that I can barely remember and a disjointed alt-future scifi saga in the vein of Buck Rogers, but his best stuff was either on the Avengers or besides Thor. Off the top of my head Avengers #100 and Roger Stern's final arc in the #280s were centred around Olympus, And Kirby & DeFalco used him the most in Thor comics (as a rival and a best bud respectively).
He was also a regular member of 90s Avengers, which a lot of people don't like, and Slott's Mighty Avengers, which I haven't read. And then of course there's the recent 12 issues Dan Abnett did, on which opinions vary.

Hope that helps. I badly wanted to post one of his mushy heart-of-gold pages but maybe that's not what you're after.

You hebe what?

no, it was just written down. Norse mythology is very broken because most of it was oral traditions, and a lot of what was written down was taken from that and written hundreds of years after they were regularly told. They may well have been just as flushed out as Greek/Roman tales

>Wonder Man
poor Simon. I really like the guy but he gets shit on constantly. And that's from a Pymfag

Adding some reading material
He shows up a bit in Busiek's Avengers, just one arc I believe, it's a pretty crazy fight for a few books. I really liked it
Slott's Mighty Avengers is AMAZING. One of the best things Slott ever did.
This spun off to Avengers Academy, which is my fav teen avengers book. Herc shows up to train them in classic greek wrestling, pic releated. I love Finesse's face

Adding to the adding
Wolverine & Herc had a fun lil mini together.

that would be a fun team up. If it's a crossover I would love Worf in there. Cause the two or three pages of Wolverine and Worf together were amazing and I wanted a book of them bar hopping together. Add Herc for a little more light hearted fun and it's a dream drinking team.

Norse being fuzzier is a good thing, it's what allowed Kirby to take it as just a basic foundation and go crazy building his own shit on top of it.

>I think there's a considerable difference between love potions and date rape drugs.

Yeah, gods call it one and humans call it the other.

>I don't even... She-Hulk maybe?

Namora.

Those were Cho's words. He probably meant the local multiverse

I need that bottom left panel with Thor's dialogue changed to "deal with it."

>Are there no magic beings, trickster in Greek/Roman myth?
Basically all of them.
There is no designed dick, they are all dicks(except Hades\Pluto. He's the most chill and nice and reasonable Greek\Roman God, and of course he gets the short straw and everybody depicts him as evil)

Circe is a solid DC villain, I'd imagine Marvel consider it foolish to try.
Of the Herc villains I can think of right now I guess Pluto might be the most magical? Ares and Typhon and the Amazon queen are consistently brawny, he's got a strong arm too but his plots tend to me a lot of intricate and devious.

he's a true bro

To be fair, Loki gets some insane showings occasionally even if he tends to lose a lot to Thor (as one would expect from Thor's main villain in all fairness). When he's not fighting Thor himself he comes across as a much more terrifying threat, especially when he's treated as a full on reality warper like in YA and the end of Agent of Asgard.

Leta not forget that he has beat Thor multiple times. And also the many times he causes Ragnarok. He is a master planner and manipulator....but he sometimes changes his mind midway in his plan. He is brilliant but seems kinda schizophrenic at times

Yeah, he reminds me a lot of a more insecure Thanos when he's well-written. Genius bruiser who would be a villain-sue if he didn't come with so much internal baggage.

Whilst Agent of Asgard was flawed, I'll always appreciate it for how powerful they managed to make God of Stories Loki and to a lesser extent King Loki without going into wank.

Hercules jobs to Thos
Zeus jobs to Odin

Where's his right buttcheek?

I say Sup Forums, if I read this chaps riveting tale, will I turn into aMan of Murder?

Herc is stronger than Thor, and a slightly better fighter, but Thor's lightning gives him an edge.

As for Zeus and Odin, they're the strongest of the Skyfathers.

[nods respectfully towards you]

I always liked the idea Zeus has a raw power edge but Odin just out thinks him and has more ambition. Odin is basically Batman of the Skyfathers
Though there's nothing really supporting that