Matt Reeves drops out of Batman

OMG, how shit can the script for The Batman be?
Is Johns involved in this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pGW1XaEWHnM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thing is sounding like a career-ending hot potato.

Why dont they just have Snyder direct it

>Is Johns involved in this?

He was a writer on the script.

Yeah, he co-wrote it and is still a consultant at WB.

Don't we already have this thread?

Well, that explains a lot

everyday till you like it

Tumbling down...Tumbling down...Tumbling down...

I don't think it is the script. Affleck co-wrote said script, so it wasn't that that made him give up directing.

The problem is probably the studio and producers demanding crazy stuff.

D U M P S T E R

F
I
R
E

I wish Johns would stop wasting his time with this movie shit, no one gives a fuck and they all turn out shitty. Go back to writing comics.

Yeah, Affleck's last movie bombed so they lost confidence in him and started getting really micromanagey probably. That would scare off most directors.

>reads script
>suddenly Birthday Boy

That would cause anyone to walk the fuck out.

>drops out
Would mean that he was actually on the movie. He was only in talks for the movie and dumb "news" sites ran with it like it was confirmed.

AAAAH GO BACK TO MOVIES, GO BACK TO MOVIES

Brett Ratner incoming

At least let him write the Seven Seas arc for JL

Why would you direct a DC movie?

Basically just means that you have to make a movie that you have very little creative impact on, yet is inevitably gonna be bad anyway... and then you have to take the blame for it.

That's what Brett is for mate

I want it, solely for the amount of mental gymnastics people will go through to defend Ratner's work

Can they bring Chris McQuarry onto this? He's got a reputation for making failing movies into good ones.

At this point I reckon it'd be too little too soon, but it would at least possibly make it better than Suicide Squad.

Also, can I get a source on this?

Going by Sup Forums as a sample, I'd say they won't defend Ratner. Instead, they'll double down on sucking Snyder's cock.

that sucks, is there any reason as to why? or is it typical studio shit

because the dceu is shit

>post YFW Sup Forums meme magic is destroying the DCEU.

Take that Sup Forums!

>that sucks, is there any reason as to why? or is it typical studio shit
I suspicion is, that Warner insist that The Batman comes out in 2018 as planned, and no sane director would think it is possible.

yeah that makes sense, just aquaman confirmed for 2018 right now right?

Have they set up production or filmed anything with Aquaman?
It could easily disappear to be replaced by Harley and her Girls.

Probably more than that.

Look at "Suicide Squad". The studio refilmed the movie to make Boomerang have a Pink Unicorn. Take a look at the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer, half of the scenes there aren't in the movie. They were removed to add Pink Unicorn jokes.

I can see them demanding the same kind of bullshit for this movie. No wonder nobody wanna direct it.

and what "meme magic" is that?

But the unicorn bits were choke-on-your-popcorn HILAROUS.
Tell me that anyone in your theater had any sides left when those dropped!

I want to direct this

Hercules was garbage Brett.

Are we gonna start pretending that George Miller or Mel Gibson would touch a DC cape film with a ten foot pole now?
Because neither of them will.
I have doubts they could sign Shamalamadingdong on at this stage.

Patty will be spending the rest of her career trying to live down her Snyder homage to Wonder Woman.

>put together a cut of the movie that test audiences like
>studio hires incompetents to recut it anyway
>have to go out and swallow shit claiming that the studio abortion is totally your baby and there will never be any other cut
>studio releases "extended cut" for bonus shekels making you look like a tool
>your original cut will still never be seen by anyone

i keep seeing cast announcements so i can assume so, Wan seems set on doing it.

>Shamalamadingdong
niggas got his own superhero franchise now

>i keep seeing cast announcements
In other words, no.
I can see Aquaman being canceled on the heels of Wonder Woman's spectacular implosion.

>Snyder apologists are this deep in denial

>Snyder

That's Ayer. And I'm not apologizing for him because he was spineless enough to let the studio buttfuck him in public. He deserves his misery.

You ain't seen nothing yet.
Read it and weep. Or rage, whatever.

whats wrong with any of that?

there was one post in there that WASN'T mocking DC for being shit

Making it a joke.

>DC's fine! It's all fake news claiming otherwise!
>what's wrong with that
Really, user.

that was Sup Forums though

what did Sup Forums do?

buy into tv memes

I have faith that in 3 more years, when the Director's Cut Extended Universe is 2 years dead and buried, we'll still have those guys insisting that Man of Steel was an incredible film.

... I like MoS.

I won't say it is an incredible movie or anything like that, but is better than BvS and SS, easily. In fact, I like it more than the two "Thor"s

>DCfag here, Snyder's BvS was cheeky, but it has no place in capeshit. DC is plagued by the Nolan series, if it's not up to par with it's darkness and realism it will get shit on, so the DCEU is doomed to be a no-fun franchise. Also, the casting sucks, besides Cyborg and Batfleck.

>so basically you can all thank Nolan for this mess.
Holy shit

I don't like MoS on any level, but I can't fight you over reasonable opinion.

You seem to be forgetting about this little thing between Directors and Studio's called "contracts".

you dumb ass.

Now that's some apologia there.

I bet the executives are being total tyrants and fucking up every aspect of the movie.

This is mental. This movie went from Hollywood gold, to development hell, and then the next day I find it's achieved its final form as a dumpster fire.

How shit is this Batman movie? I mean really? Is this Batman movie average, but too many Hollywood big shots don't want to risk being attached to a crumbling DCEU for fear of career suicide?

The DCEU crashed and is burning harder than my social life in high school.

It's beautiful.

>>post YFW Sup Forums meme magic is destroying the DCEU.
Shitty movies like BvS and Suicide squad destroyed the DCEU

It all started with Man of Murder memes and went downhill from there.

Now, if only Sup Forums could do the same with current Marvel Comics.
>inb4 b-buth they'll rebirth'd the line next fall!
As long as Quesada, Breevort, Bendis and their gang of smegma eating asses bastards keep the power, Marvel doesn't stand a chance of being good. Ike might be cheap, but he only manages the economical side (though he's at fault for pushing the Inhumans and buying the FF and X-Men, but as long as it makes him a buck he'll personally fuck BlackBolt in an issue). At the end of the day the little clique running the place are the real cancer.

>I can see Aquaman being canceled on the heels of Wonder Woman's spectacular implosion.

Which is disappointing because Aquaman is basically DC's only hope at this point. No one is hyped for Wonder Woman(and it's going to get assfucked by Pirates 5), Justice League is still being directed by Zack so that's already a guaranteed bomb bar some sort of miracle, Cyborg got canceled and thrown into the Flash movie, and Flash got pushed back for a Harley Quinn movie.

If Aquaman fails, we're just going to end up with the Batman and Harley Quinn cinematic universe, with the occasionally guest stars by other superheroes.

>Sup Forums
>being able to meme magic
Sup Forums is the only board next to /x/ that can't into meme magic. We're too busy shitposting about hypercrisis

>It all started with Sup Forums memes and went downhill from there.
exactly so what did Sup Forums do?

Hey DC if you're reading this from a life long batman fan, I'll direct your movie.

I only require a few million dollars

>Hey DC if you're reading this from a life long batman fan, I'll direct your movie.
>I only require a few million dollars
There was a director who admits that he sign up to direct shitty movies, with the intention to get paid while doing nothing as film tend to be cancelled. Free money. But he stopped doing that once he was forced to actually direct a shitty film.

>mfw they've hit the point where Kevin Smith might actually be a viable option

I think the DCEU is a flaming wreck but it's still probably too good for him.

EVERYTHING IS FINE

IT'S FINE

NOTHING IS GOING WRONG

EVERYTHING IS FINE

theres plenty mate, what you talking about

Would Kevin Smith even want to?

His recent movies (that he directed) have been doing badly. He MIGHT just be desperate enough. Throw in the fact that he's a much bigger comic book fan than all the other directors that have been attached to the project, and it really might be enough to bait him into hoping this project will turn things around for him while having his personal touch.

Sup Forums definitely has no meme magic. The only time Sup Forums ever affected anything outside of itself is when it unleashed M*P on the world. Sup Forums has to concoct industrial grade cancer before anyone else notices it exists.

>/x/
>can't into meme magic
ONE JOB.

Anyone got a statement from Reeves? i cant find anything what so ever.

he says he wont, but if he was offered the chance he would take it as he's hypocritical cunt

he wouldnt, he's scared of ben

All they've managed is imaginary friends. The board LITERALLY dedicated to shit like meme magic can't do anything

>dly. He MIGHT just be desperate enough. Throw in the fact that he's a much bigger comic book fan than all the other directors that have been attached to the project
Affleck was the biggest

Except he's already out. We're talking about his replacement.

What I'm saying is if Affleck of all people wants out, I can't see Smith doing much better

>DC movies keep getting fucked before they begin
>Batman gets doubly fucked in the span of a week

Johns comics had been terrible and obviously taking the gig as a writer of this movie is one of the reasons it sucks

Why? It will be about seven sea legendary armors that will give the league powers (and alternative suits to sell toys) and nothing will happen.

Johns hasn't been writing comics since he was involved with the movies. Get your facts straight.

kek

This board does not have meme magic, it doesn't even has oc memes outside batman rape the joker forced shir

Sup Forums has meme magic.

We just wasted most of it by spending the last year feeding celebrities to Stan Lee.

Don't worry, DC still has this.

I'll be surprised if they don't shut down the whole DCEU after JL.

>Sup Forums has meme magic.
We really don't

>reading is hard

>batman and superman quit batman movie
What the hell is DC doing?

If 10 years ago anyone would have said that Marvel movies would be crushing DC Movies, I would have laughed at their silly mind

>But the unicorn bits were choke-on-your-popcorn HILAROUS.
>Tell me that anyone in your theater had any sides left when those dropped!
The sad part is that this is true people were laughing at this.

Can we officially say Johns ruined the DCEU now
WW is gonna flop
his Batman script is shit
He is gonna be held responsible for the huge flop this course correct is hitting

Not until the movies come out and then we will see.

I can't blame the guy for saying no. DCEU is really in bad place currently.

Can you blame the shitty driver when the cr is busted in the first place

What the fuck is that, Minority Report? Are we blaming people based on the future?

Just give The Batman to Zack, I unironically want this, the Batman scenes are the best parts of BvS and the whole objetivism philosophy fits more with Batman than Superman, he may as well carry half of the DCEU.

youtube.com/watch?v=pGW1XaEWHnM

They gave Snyder the keys and he cast everyone that mattered in universe
Gal Gadot is a terrible actress
Jesse Eisenberg is a terrible luthor and to think he passed on bryan cranston

His inept focus on visuals vs actual content is okay when you are focusing on a character like superman but when dealing with the JL yeah no

Johns was never kevin fiege
He has no credibility in the first place and has never really proven he can produce movies.
His failure is kinda set up to show how the old people they fired kinda did have the right idea