BREAKING: Rian Johnson Returning To Create New ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy

>Lucasfilm has announced Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson will return to the Star Wars galaxy to create a brand new Star Wars trilogy.

>Johnson is set to write and direct the first installment of the next trilogy with his Last Jedi producing partner Ron Bergman also returning to produce.

>The trilogy will be separate from the Skywalker Saga and will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars canon has never explored before

starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy?cmp=smc|1147744441

EPISODE X, XI, XII

KEK

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/
youtube.com/watch?v=UtmGSJdvavY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Miss George yet?

More than i thought I would

YES! More marxist propaganda

selling Lucasfilm was a mistake

>The trilogy will be separate from the Skywalker Saga
Thank fuck.
Sounds like bullshit though, but I'm okay with this so long as it is its own little thing with nothing but occasional historical references to shit in the universe.

I see this is the pliant yes man that Kathleen Kennedy and Disney have settled on.

PLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWNPLS BE THRAWN

>He loves the prequels
It's gonna be Old Republic isn't it?

>more Star Wars

No, I'm good.
TFA was trash. Rogue One was a waste of time.
The direction will stay the same and people will stop caring. Fuck, people have already stopped for Episode 8.

>Star Wars
>no Skywalkers

yeah, no

tv show also incoming

>planning a live-action “Star Wars” TV series to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019.

variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/

Why didn't they stop after the first three?

No. The prequels and nu-star wars are both complete garbage.

You don’t know what marxism is dude

I'm OK with that. Rian is a top tier director as far as this kind of movies go.

>The trilogy will be separate from the Skywalker Saga and will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars canon has never explored before
What they should have done with 7, 8, and 9. Too little too late.

George knew when to stop.

Just kill Star Wars already.
I respect the franchise for it's place in cinema history, but nowadays it's just overrated. It's mediocre fantasy and even worse sci-fi.

If George didn’t sell the franchise nu-star would never exist and now we are going to have these shitty movies jammed down our throats every year for the next twenty years. So I ask you again. Do you miss George yet?

cuh it's about time biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiih

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

its a jew.

The jewish privilege is strong at Disney. Zero diversity in directing the new star wars main movies all of them have been one type of person always the same.

These wont be any different nigger. It's gonna get milked for all it's worth. Zombie star wars

I just want my Old Republic movies.

>white cis heterosexual man who eats meat

DROPPED

This. Not to mention whatever KK touches turns to shit. I don't know why people here have hope for a good old republic trilogy.

>marxist

Don't break his widdle polweenie brain

>not waiting to see what the reception is for TLJ before making big decisions
Christ.

You know, Star Wars movies used to be special. They'd come out once very 3 years for 9 or so years and that'd be it. Now we get them every year. It loses its charm this way.

I fucking hate Disney.

Infinite sequels really doesn't make the OT seem pointless at all. Great job Disney, you fucking kikes.

>mad marxists

can Star Wars die?

There will be a starshit movie every year until the nuclear holocaust.

only when it stops making money

>the Skywalker Saga
The what now?

id pay to watch that
more so that last jedi desu

Why are women so bad at handling franchises?

>The trilogy will be separate from the Skywalker Saga and will introduce new characters

Hmm.

>Disney
>Marxist Propaganda
Are you fucking retarded? Literally name a company more capitalistic than Disney.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At least it isn't being helmed by JJ.

Yes, because it makes total sense for Disney, a company that would quite literally not exist under Marxism, to promote marxism.

Yes, I can absolutely see how that is a beneficial and profitable aim for them.

>grew up watching Star Wars
>still have the binder with all my Star Wars trilogy pogs in
>was in College when everyone was in meltdown about Episode 3 and it was glorious
>In just a few short years Disney managed to not only kill my hype for future Star Wars both in movie and vidya but now I don't even like thinking about Star Wars

Star Wars depresses me.

>tfw you'll be dead before Disney stops making Star Wars movies

Cryosleep can't come soon enough

If TLJ underperforms will people turn on Kennedy, or is she shielded from criticism because she's a woman?

One new SW movie every year for the next 20 years !

I think he means cultural marxism. Replace proletariat with minorities, LGBTQ, and women while replacing bourgeoisie with white men.

>or is she shielded from criticism because she's a woman?

You knew the answer before you even typed that.

Remember when Star Wars was an event?

More every day.

Disney has already said they want the movie-per-year thing to last 50 years faggots, what did you expect?

>EPISODE X, XI, XII

I'm kinda confused if this is 10,11,12 I don't think it is.

Its a separate anthology trilogy.

more and more!

Honestly, no.

Yeah, he didn't whore out yearly movies

I sure hope this means we're getting a canon story about the ultimate jedi who wastes all the other jedi and eats their bones
youtube.com/watch?v=UtmGSJdvavY

No, I just hate him for selling it then. If he just sat on his franchise, too scared to make more because of how shitty the prequels were received that would be the best case scenario. But no, he sold it, I believe out of spite because he knew Disney would do this and George wanted to give the middle finger to SW fans. That's also why he won't release the original OT prints. Fuck George, he's responsible for all of this.

Could he interesting. I'm reserving judgement until TLJ drops.

>Absorbing every other company on earth to create a vertical oligopoly that Soviet Russia would be jealous of
>Capitalist

Why didn't they stop after "Star Wars"?

>McDonald's plans to make many more big macs next year

HOLY SHIT WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING. THIS IS GOING TOO FAR. COMPANIES ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE ONLY A FEW PRODUCTS AND THEN GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Clearly not, because he made both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

If its not the old republic I wont care. But me thinks tho disney knows that once they do the old republic and do it well. It will be peak Star Wars. And its all downhill from there.

the collective zeitegiest yawns as the sound of pennies clinking into a Mickey Mouse bank increases in volume

stars war is over

>letting private corporations run the world
>not capitalist

The state and the individual are at odds. The only way forward is to destroy the state and replace it with the individual (corporations).

I'd watch it.

Episodes I/II/III/IV/V/VI/VII/VIII/IX make no sense either. The overarching plot of this dumb series makes very little sense and is connected by names, not by coherent plotlines.
Luke going to Dagobah was the first nonsensical action in the universe. That and maybe D. Vader piloting a tie fighter.

This, fucking this Lucas may have been responsible for making some really bad Star Wars movies, but at least he knew how to ration them out so people would be excited for a new Star Wars movie.

Disney will kill Star Wars. But who knows, they have been milking Marvel to death and they still get tons of revenue.

Why don't have Christmas 365 days a year? Imagine all the Christmas presents they will sell.

>someone who stands for me replaced by someone that will kill me and grind me under its boot

lick that boot faggot

Big Macs aren't art, they're a corruption of food, which is a human necessity.
I.E. you're a faggot, and food analogies belong on

Anybody else get more worried about TLJ the more they hear about it? Rian's only made a few movies, and they were only okay. Now with TLJ, everyone is sucking his dick so hard he's gotta be nutting dust at this point.

But no one has seen the movie yet. I feel like this is just more good press about it, and if the reception to TLJ s bad, they'll just quietly cancel this new trilogy. That said, I'd kill for a decent Thrawn or Old Republic trilogy.

Most films aren't art either.

No, it's not capitalist. You need competition for functional capitalism and the fact that companies like Disney have been allowed to absorb hundreds of other companies into a monstrous oligarchical chimera capable of rigging the entire system is a sick joke. Americans need to stop being retarded and bulk up their anti-trust/anti-monopoly laws, and break these monsters up into smaller entities again.

All films are art. Whether they're good or bad is relative to interpretation, but you won't fucking die if you never watch Die Hard.
Ironically eating Big Macs will undoubtedly kill you, probably. There's a fundamental difference, Big Macs and Star Wars aren't interchangeable.

That all being said, I'd rather eat a Big Mac than rewatch a single Star Wars movie.

The jews have gone too far this time.

>I'd rather eat a Big Mac than rewatch a single Star Wars movie.

Of course you would fatty

>But no one has seen the movie yet

Um Lucas film and Disney execs. Have they were pretty honest about Rogue One and Han Solo publicly being shit. Prior to the studio stepping in.

the original 6 movies were already plenty. stop milking this you greedy fucks

Have no fear we've got Star Wars' for years!

This is (You)

It's just new shit. They're trying to MCU Star Wars. They'll just keep shitting it out until none of them mean anything, there's no story, and you can't even tell from watching one which one it is. The John Williams score will only stretch so far before it's just associated with whatever this year's SW turd is.

TLJ CONFIRMED KINO HAHAHAHAHHA PREQUELFAGS BTFO

>If TLJ underperforms
You know it won't.

Yes, he only made one film every five years or so. This is like an invasive species at this point.

I think this means TLJ is actually really really good. Disney doesn't just hand out a trilogy to a director with a slim oevure like Rian Johnson

For Star Wars fans' sake I hope it's better than Agents of SHIELD

Stop making Star Wars

Why would prequelfags be btfo? Rian loved the prequels.

He'd better stay the fuck away from KOTOR.

DISNEEEEEEEY

I remember a few years ago I stopped giving a shit about capeshit because I saw the 5-year plan for marvel and I felt exhausted just thinking about watching all those movies

I now feel this way about star wars

Fuck off Disney

They must've really liked The Last Jedi if they've already greenlit an entire trilogy for just one guy.

Very true.

So does this confirm they're secretly working on a prequel reboot too?

Sup Forums thinks anything that doesn't agree with them is Marxist