It Comes at Night

So...
What was this movie about?

A film director's desire to be taken seriously even though he has nothing to say

Pennywise prefers to jack off at night.

I cum at night 2.

It's like the director just decided to give it no ending and call it a day. I literally can not understand what was supposed to be happening in the film.

I can't think of any film I have watched that just gave up like this.

a dogs asshole

yeah, I guess it looks like that.
It's..provocative!

race-mixing

average film, kino poster

a subtle version of get out

the way race relations happen irl

dude, we are the monsters lmao

It really is a movie that goes to huge lengths to try and be about anything but a chamber drama where people have cabin fever but all of that just feels like being openly teased. It doesn't even follow through on the solid plot development it does have, chiefly the boy's crush on the neighbors wife. It wants to be a character driven film but sets that up with no payoff at all

that would be trite though. things on't happen like that irl

I think this is the best drama that has come out all year. It's not really a "horror" movie.

All the characters have to question their humanity at some point during the film and some of them end up choosing poorly. And if he had just shot the break-in guy in the face at the start they probably would have survived.

Never show mercy.

>he wanted this movie to be an interracial cuckolding film

my man, it's a half-assed episode of "The Walking Dead" without zombies, and nothing more.

that doesn't mean it's not also what he said

It's not the best drama that has come out all year, not even close

I think Walkind Dead is a bit more pretentious.

And what is?

We've been having best-of-year threads all week, I'm not gonna repeat the whole list for you. My personal favorite so far is The Square, but it's been a pretty good year all around. It Comes At Night doesn't even rate in the top 20. Watch more films.

movie fuckin sucked

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Square. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also anihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike The Square truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in the films existential catchphrase which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as their genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a The Square tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

A pretentious movie trying to not be a horror movie even when it presented itself as one. Most disappointing experience at the theater I had this year.

But that's literally the It Comes At Night audience. Anyone could understand The Square, you don't have to trick yourself into thinking it means something

A 5/10 pretentious wankfest of a movie for people who've never seen night of the living dead and think that "people are the real monsters" I'd some sort of new idea

>literally

>dude
>lmao
>hey dude
>what
>listen
>what if we
>dude
>what if we create plot substance by having none at all?
IT COMES ALT-RIGHT

Dan Schneider

I liked it

I havent seen it so is it worth the watch ?