What does Sup Forums think of Ann Nocenti?

What does Sup Forums think of Ann Nocenti?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A6NQtxABL-M?t=5m30s
bleedingcool.com/2015/09/18/keegan-michael-kay-has-learned-that-he-and-dwayne-mcduffie-were-half-brothers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

she sounds like a swell person

More pro file's like this?

Everytime I see her brought up it's either bile or hallelujahs so I'm assuming she's controversial.
I have a rare DeMatties buried somewhere.

Daredevil Inferno was some cray-zee stuff.

>bile
People that read her newer comics
>hallelujahs
People that read her older comics.

A lot of that bile was undeserved. People were just looking for scapegoats to blame after the shock of the New 52.

She seems like just a solid comics writer/editor. I'm not sure what's there to be controversial over.

She made some really great works (Daredevil) and some really bad ones (Catwoman, Green Arrow) and the last thing she really did was Klarion the Witch-Boy which is either great or bad depending on who you ask.

the man was too good for this world and we deserved him least of all

The first time I saw hate piled on her was actually an older comic. The Beast mini IIRC.
Also I was under the impression that her X-Men additions were divisive, somehow.

We should have these again. Even with social media, I feel sort of disconnected with the writers and artists.

Another one.

>he did write fantastic four
>everyone hates it because of out-of-context surfer/panther page

What's the context senpai?

Her Daredevil was fantastic.

I've never read any other comics by her that I liked.

I can't believe Sup Forums killed McDuffie

It's not hate. It's just that he was autistic enough to put it in and then on the next page says how stupid it was. Then he makes a blogpost. It's not absurd, it was just stupid to have that sequence.

It's still a really stupid fucking scene in any context. Don't matter if he's letting himself get interrogated. It's like a more retarded Jacob's ladder.

This sounds vaguely familiar but my immediate reactions still WTF.
Details?

Not super duper relevant, but did you guys know that Dwayne McDuffie was the long lost half-brother of Keegan Michael Key?
Unfortunately Key only found out after McDuffie passed away during hear surgery, for a condition that they both inherited from their father.

BUMP

Best X-editor. One of the better DD writers. Created Mojo, Spiral, and Typhoid Mary.

She's aces in my book.

And apparently based Longshot on Tom Petty

Which issue? I wanna check if I already have this.

First Marvel writer to use the word "pissing" in a comic book

Oh my god, I can't believe I never considered this.

Welp, off to buy a Longshot figure for my mom.

kek. When?

Most likely this one.

>It's still a really stupid fucking scene

Nope.

Anos Inocentes

>Assistant Editor's Month

Now there's an event that is rarely talked about.

SUPERCOW

youtu.be/A6NQtxABL-M?t=5m30s

You mean Silver Surfer was dead the whole time & was just dreaming that he was able to be caught by the Black Panther?

Wait

This is real?

bleedingcool.com/2015/09/18/keegan-michael-kay-has-learned-that-he-and-dwayne-mcduffie-were-half-brothers/

I know it's hard to believe but Key talked about it a couple years ago

That's incredible. I wonder if Key would ever read some of his Milestone work.

The best one is Ralph Macchio's because like half the thing is just explaining he isn't the Karate Kid.

I have an issue of Animax.

It is a weird book that seems to be shilling a toyline that may not have ever existed.

The fact that they made him do the Fantastic Four as a Storm/Panther shill book probably made it a hollow victory to him.

Why wouldn't the Guardian Angels let him into his apartment

Racism.

Okay, I think this means they have to cast him in some role in any future Static projects....

I thought they were just quasi-vigilantes

Do they hate Black People or something?

Stop for a second and think about who quasi-vigilantes in late 1980s/early 1990s New York would be targeting as 'suspicious'.

I see

I didnt understand

She's fucking shit, shame how she's one of the most well known female cape writers. Louise Simonson and Gail Simone write circles around her.

Her Catwoman run was straight garbage. An insult to the character. My life would be better off if I had never read it.

I love the Longshot introduction mini. I've not read much else of her stuff.