This was better than Blade Runner 2049

This was better than Blade Runner 2049

No, it wasn't.

QUE REDDITA, QUE UPVOATA

Not even close

One of the best films this year, but still not better then Blade Runner 2049. The only reason you say this is probably because it's more obscure.

Yes, blade runner is overrated meme shit because muh waifu xD
also OPN destroys Zimmer jew hack with generic BRMM for brainlets

Yo they spelt the name of my home town wrong. Im not gonna lie, I got excited when I saw them reference that shit

Agreed.
Blade Runner had a weak ending. A car chase through LA where no cops intervene? For the entire length of Gosling shooting down the cars and then the ground fight?
No emergency services anywhere?
And the trope of "oh no the hero's totally dead and been beaten, I guess the bad guy wi- WHAT'S THIS? He's alive? Woah, what a surprise!"

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic film but it's not flawless

That's because BR2049 was shit

I cried at the end, but I always cry at the end in the theaters because I'm always drunk.

Anyways it was powerful and I loved it

it's top 2, right after ''Call Me By Your Name''

I cried at the end of 2049 and Good Time. They were both good, some of the best films this year.

Brainlets on tv overrating this movie made me expect something really special...i got something fun but pretty forgetable

What's your movie of the year?

Call Me By Your Name

Dunkirk obviously.
Good time isn't even memorable enough to be a meme movie, like In Bruges.
I watched After Hours after Good Time, because everything set in one night concept reminded me of it and it was far better

Yeah Good Time was great. I was the only one that moved by the end though.

> A car chase through LA where no cops intervene?
There wasn't a car chase trough LA you fucking moron.
> no cops intervene?
He was the cops for everyone concerned. They couldn't call for help because he surgically took out the copilot and the comm system/

> For the entire length of Gosling shooting down the cars and then the ground fight?
A ground fight on the outer side of the fucking sea wall in the middle of nowhere.

God the people trying to sound smart "picking appart" this movie just did not fucking pay attention. Cinemasins was a mistake

The killing of a sacred deer

Good time is honestly the best movie ive seen all year, it was so much more heartfelt than expected. That ending really fucked me up

I have yet to see it but I think it'll probably be mine too

>He was the cops for everyone concerned.
He literally handed over his badge and gun. No he wasn't.
>in the middle of nowhere.
they were transporting Deckard from Wallace corp to a facility where they could question him better. The entire route was completely urban. It wasn't the middle of nowhere at all.
Christ, how far down your throat is Gosling's dick right now?

>He literally handed over his badge and gun.
He still had his police car. He was police for anyone concerned

>hey were transporting Deckard from Wallace corp to a facility where they could question him better. The entire route was completely urban. It wasn't the middle of nowhere at all.

Did you even watch the fucking movie? As I said you have no fucking idea what you're saying, you think you're Cinemasins or something.

They were transfering him to an airport to move him off-world. The route led above the sea wall, nothing but fucking water underneath. That's when he timed his attack. When he took out their comms system, they couldn't do anything but head back and land on the outer side of the wall. There was absolutely nothing there.

Fucking idiot. Just pay attention next time or shut the fuck up

HE ATTACKED THEM ONCE THEY LEFT THE WALLED CITY LIMITS

AIMBOTTED THE FUCK OUT OF THOSE SCRUBS

Lopatin is jewish too you braindead Sup Forumscuck

>He still had his police car. He was police for anyone concerned
Do you really think that if you chase a car on a busy highway, shooting at it, that no one will take notice as long as you're in a police car? Are you fucking 12?
>hurr
Watch it again, he attacks before they're over the water. There are clearly buildings all around right before he fires. Stop acting retarded and butthurt that someone would dare criticise your autist wet dream

This. I hate the OP

>Do you really think that if you chase a car on a busy highway, shooting at it,

What the fuck are you talking about you fucking moron. Download a rip and watch the movie. There was never a busy high way anywhere in the movie. It clearly shows you the water underneath before he opens fire.

FFS

No, they show the three cars going over the sea wall.Then he opens fire on them and two cars crash into the waves, while the third one is damaged and they have to go back

only saw it because the director literally post on this board

They were over open water for a while before K opened fire, from what I remember

#wrekt

too bad he is a jew and hates this board because of its real talk on jews

Your picture doesn't change the fact that K didn't open fire until they were out of that area

>unironically caring about identity politics

it clearly shows them going over the sea wall and the water underneath them

unless all you've seen is the cam and it's too dark for you to make out

>shifting goalposts everytime your argument gets BTFO
First it was "He still had his police car. He was police for anyone concerned".
Then you realised how stupid that was.
So it became "There was never a busy high way anywhere in the movie"

I watched it in cinema back when it came out. I know they were on the sea edge, but they were still pretty close to the city considering it was only a few seconds later. And can you even call it a sea since they crashland on an urban embankment?
(And I swear there were buildings in the background after they landed?)

>Good time isn't even memorable enough to be a meme movie, like In Bruges.
dude

>I watched it in cinema back when it came out. I know they were on the sea edge

Hahaha. First it was BUSY FUCKING HIGHWAY URBAN CHASE WOW. Now it's well..they were close? Just face it your argument fucking sucks.

> but they were still pretty close to the city considering it was only a few seconds later.
It wasn't a few seconds later. It shows a passage of time, because some interaction happens between the controller at the airport, and luv/deckard.

>call it a sea since they crashland on an urban embankment?
Again with your fucking idiocy. Do you not understand what an outer side of a wall means? There was absolutely nothing fucking there

>being this butthurt
You make blade runner fans look like idiots. People like you ruin it for everyone else

>makes shit up in order to find ""plotholes""
>gets btfo
>f-fuck yo autist
HAHAHAH

Song to Song. I feel like I've seen Good Time before, to the detail - it was insulting. Why don't they ever explain why he drags the retard out with him on his robberies?

did the giant waves crashing and taking the car away not tip you off that it's not an
>urban embankment

thanks rarbg
thanks yify

this is high quality bait

My ocd comples me to take the b8, ffs
>First it was BUSY FUCKING HIGHWAY URBAN CHASE WOW. Now it's well..they were close? Just face it your argument fucking sucks.
No. "Busy highway" was an allegory to your claim that being in a police car was sufficient. My point is that in the present day you couldn't chase someone on a busy highway and shoot at them and not attract attention due to a police car. If you could read at an adult level, you would've understood this. My actual point, which you can see I wrote, was that right before he shot, they were in a busy area surrounded by buildings which is very comparable to a busy highway. See >There are clearly buildings all around right before he fires

>It wasn't a few seconds later
Time it. It's literally a few seconds. Your autism won't change that.

> There was absolutely nothing fucking there
Proof? Bullshit pulled from your ass doesn't count by the way

>>gets btfo
This literally never happened. You have been btfo 3 times in this thread though. I don't know why you continue.

Song to Song is my MOTY too but Good Time is also in my top picks for the year, for different reasons.

So what is it then? Why's there any type of embankment in the middle of the sea? Genuine question, did I miss something?

>song to song being better than this unoriginal schlock is bait

Don't respond to Malick fags. They'll eventually realise that masturbating to a guy whispering pseudo philosophy over pretty pictures doesn't make them patrician and actually outs them as the plebs they are

There was no urban chase you absolute fucking moron.
He waited for them to get up the sea wall and into the water. What exactly do you not get here? Your argument is fucking shit.

>Time it. It's literally a few seconds.
Because a few seconds of movie time always equals the exact amount of time in the world of the movie right? There are a few establishing shots of the water, them contacting the Aiport, more establishing shots, then Luv/Deckard interaction.You can guess at least a few minutes have pased.

>Proof? Bullshit pulled from your ass doesn't count by the way
There's your fucking proof. Brainlets who are trying to pick appart this movie have been BTFO forever. Go and kill yourself in shame now

Those seem like two pretty different films to compare to eachother. Haven't seen Spotlight though

Absolutely destroyed

*Haven't seen Good Time

it's not pseudo-philosophy. They are inner monologues which reveal about who the characters are.

>There was no urban chase you absolute fucking moron.
>Even though it clearly shows him chasing them through the city

>Because a few seconds of movie time always equals the exact amount of time in the world of the movie right?
Moving your goalposts yet again. It implies it hasn't been very long.

>There's your fucking proof
Thank you. I said it in the post that I vaguely remembered but could be wrong. This doesn't negate the above

>post 1m20s after
Does samefagging make you feel smart?

Wow you absolutely destroyed that guy, says me, who is a different person and not the guy who's post I'm responding to

Wow that guy is an idiot.
You should see It completely wrecks you. You make all us Blade Runner fans seem stupid. Please refrain in future from being so salty and butthurt

>Even though it clearly shows him chasing them through the city
You admitted you were wrong about one thing, now admit that you clearly weren't paying any attention. There was no chase scene in the movie. They are out in the water when they first even notice him.

>Moving your goalposts yet again.
That's not moving the goalposts. You said exactly a few seconds passed, I told you the way it was cut it implied it was longer, maybe a few minutes. That's plenty of time for them to be in the open water in their flying cars.

watched it last night. It wasn't

>There was no chase scene in the movie.
See Did you even watch the film?
>They are out in the water when they first even notice him.
That doesn't mean he wasn't chasing them.

>That's not moving the goalposts
>Even though I said one thing
>And then decided to argue a different thing

1. Song to Song
2. Lost City of Z
3. Blade Runner 2049
4. mother!
5. Good Time

I am a giant pleb though.

why are all people trying to be anti-blade runner absolute fucking morons who clearly didn't see the movie?

>Did you even watch the film?
Did you even watch the film? You're saying it's unbelivable he could be chasing them trough urban areas without them calling for help...BUT HE WASNT CHASING THEM. They were in the open water when he attacked. He either tailed them quietly or got far beyond them. They never knew they were in any danger until they were in open water, until it was too late. It makes your argument fucking stupid and pointless

why does every fanbase have that one autist that makes everyone else in the fanbase seem like utter retards?

Song to Song is fucking horrendous. Fuck all of you fags. Thin Red Line was Malick's last decent film

Being drunk at the cinema is kino

Once again moving goalposts. Let me help by restating where my argument is given everything, it will help.

Goose chases them through the city (how he knew where to find them is another thing but for another day). Within seconds of leaving the extremely urban area, he shoots them down. When he shoots down the one with Deckard, they land on an embankment, making me question how far from the urban mega city they really could be.
They then have a long fight. And in this fight is the tired trope of "omg the protagonist is totally dead! guess the bad guys wi- oh hang on, turns out he was alive! what a twist!"

My question is why did no emergency services intervene at any point. Even if we were to accept that they somehow did get far enough away from the city that no one saw, are we to believe that cars in the future don't have radios or phones of any type?
Now you can get back to your autistic raging that someone would dare question anything in your sacred film

There you go with your fucking bullshit again. every single one of your arguments was beaten, even with images from the movie. You're now pretending like it never happened in the first place.

Nice argument fagtron.
I don't know why I expected you to be able to compose yourself in a decent fashion. Have fun nerd raging over people disagreeing with you

I'm a third party observer and you're the bigger nerd by a wide margin.

1. Sleep Has Her House
2. Blade Runner 2049
3. Dunkirk
4. Good Time
5. A Ghost Story

those are the only movies I've watched from this year though desu

>Goose chases them through the city
We already established that he didn't chase them. Please pay attention. They had no idea they were in any danger until they were in the middle of water.

>Within seconds of leaving the extremely urban area
Again I showed you how the movie shows a passage of time of at elast a few minutes, and their flying cars are fast.

> they land on an embankment, making me question how far from the urban mega city they really could be.
It does not show you their entire ride home. Their engines and comms are damaged so they can't make it to the airport, but they can reach the outher side of the sea wall.

>My question is why did no emergency services intervene at any point
What emergency service? He timed the attack specifically so no one would notice in the middle of the sea, and took out the engine and comms in a few hits. He was designed to be a hunter and had knowledge of these things.

> Even if we were to accept that they somehow did get far enough away from the city that no one saw,
No one saw? Like trough a fucking window or something? Did you even pay fucking attention? I know not everything is spelled out in the movie but if you're trying ot make ridicilous arguments like this at least you can do is watch carefully so you don't embarass yourself

The sea wall was established several times

>95

Yeah, I agree, that BR2049 chase guy is certainly more autistic, in a bad way.

>Gets BTFO
>Y-you're just moving the g-goalposts

>We already established that he didn't chase them
No we didn't. Apparently you don't know what the word 'chase' means. Please look it up
>They had no idea they were in any danger until they were in the middle of water.
As I said above, their lack of knowledge doesn't mean he wasn't chasing them. I don't know why you're getting hung up on this. It's not the chase that's important, it's the fact they're surrounded by the buildings while this is happening. Is this you trying to move goalposts again?

>Again I showed you how the movie shows a passage of time of at elast a few minutes, and their flying cars are fast.
No, you said that because it cuts, theoretically it could've been longer than the seconds it takes on-screen. But there's nothing to support this.

> but they can reach the outher side of the sea wall.
Is that what happened? What makes you say this? Wouldn't that make it an incredibly small sea?

>What emergency service?
Cops. Firemen. Doctors. Literally anyone.
>and took out the engine and comms in a few hits
Are you saying that he disabled all 3 cars' comms before any of them had a chance to react? And you think that's completely fine and in line with the rest of the film?
> He was designed to be a hunter and had knowledge of these things.
What the fuck? I'm not even going to...

>No one saw? Like trough a fucking window or something? Did you even pay fucking attention? I know not everything is spelled out in the movie but if you're trying ot make ridicilous arguments like this at least you can do is watch carefully so you don't embarass yourself
A fantastic response to an argument I didn't even make.
Great job once again

What did we say about samefagging? Yes, if you keep changing what you're arguing everytime you get BTFO, it's called moving goalposts

Quite a lot are, but Sup Forums only watches capeshit and flavor of the week television shows in between a hand full of garbage they think is quote unquote "kino"

All I know is that this poster is fantastic

>they were transporting Deckard from Wallace corp to a facility where they could question him better. The entire route was completely urban. It wasn't the middle of nowhere at all.
are you fucking stupid? they were out in the middle of the fucking ocean on their way to LAX, which is NOT within the city limits. there is a voice that clearly states "now entering los angeles airport airspace"

fucking retard

stop spamming this fucking movie
it sucks

>there is a voice that clearly states "now entering los angeles airport airspace"
So they were on airspace land?
And you're trying to argue that these grounds wouldn't be strictly monitored?

Have you literally ever been to an airport? Fucking retard

you are pretty dumb huh

Again and again, I beat your stupid arguments and you act like nothing ever happened.

> it's the fact they're surrounded by the buildings while this is happening.
But they're fucking not. Nothing happened while inside the city, you only see the three cars going over the sea wall and over the sea. They crash-land into the fucking waves after he takes them out in a few seconds.

>But there's nothing to support this.
Yes there is you idiot, learn how filmmaking works. You have establishing shots, then one thing happening, then more establishing shots then another thing happening then the attack.

>What makes you say this? Wouldn't that make it an incredibly small sea?

Are you a fucking idiot? I showed you two different images on two sides of the sea-wall. Please figure it out yourself, it's not hard.

>Cops. Firemen. Doctors. Literally anyone.

How? Do they patrol the empty sea or something?

>Are you saying that he disabled all 3 cars' comms before any of them had a chance to react?
Yes he literally destroyed the two cars and disabled the third one before they could do anything, he was that skilled at the ambush.

it's a pretty cool poster. reminds me of this

no it was not

not even close

What are the 3 pillars of reddit cinema 2017?
Dunkirk, Baby Driver, BR2049?

Great response. You sure proved your intellectual superiority, the way you failed to respond to an argument that destroyed yours.

>I beat your stupid arguments and you act like nothing ever happened.
You're so delusional it's painful. The sad thing is knowing you genuinely believe this.
>But they're fucking not. Nothing happened while inside the city, you only see the three cars going over the sea wall and over the sea.
Goalposts again. Fucking try and figure out what I'm talking about.
The buildings all around show that they were in an extremely urban area literally right before he attacked. How many times do I have to say this before you learn to read?
>Yes there is you idiot, learn how filmmaking works. You have establishing shots, then one thing happening, then more establishing shots then another thing happening then the attack.
You're painful to talk to. A succession of scenes by themselves in no way implies time has passed beyond real time. Filmmakers do all sorts of things, such as show us clocks, or the daylight changes or a million other things to imply time has passed. Not literally fucking nothing. Your headcannon isn't proof.
>Are you a fucking idiot? I showed you two different images on two sides of the sea-wall. Please figure it out yourself, it's not hard.
So once again you have no proof and are arguing your headcannon?
>How? Do they patrol the empty sea or something?
Again, this is moving the fucking goalposts since your question was what emergency services. I listed the services that would respond. In the original post I was asking why they didn't call for backup. Your constant ignorance of context makes me think you're 15 at oldest. But further,
See and They were in an airport's airspace. So yes, they should actually.
>Yes he literally destroyed the two cars and disabled the third one before they could do anything, he was that skilled at the ambush.
Oh sorry, I didn't realise I was watching capeshit

YOU THE MAN NOW DOG

Isn't it was Wallace's personal Airport? That could explain lack of emergency services.

>Le Reddit
Christ, you faggots are obsessed with that site

Was it?
I don't actually remember what was said, but the guy who pointed it out said the voice said "now entering los angeles airport airspace" which sounds pretty public.
Is there anything to suggest otherwise?

It's an airport for spaceships, not cars.
Three cars blimping in and out on a radar would not have the entire airport on their feet.

>Great response. You sure proved your intellectual superiority, the way you failed to respond to an argument that destroyed yours.

lol

just a heads up to everyone in this thread that this is bait. do not fall for it

Are you saying that launching a terrorist attack on a spaceport is as easy as just driving your car there and no one will notice?

What? I'm saying that cars on the edge of the airport aren't their main concern. Someone requested a landing then changed their minds.Or, even if they did send someone to see what happened , Luv and K were already out of the airspace and heading back for the sea-wall...

>Safdie mumblecore better than 2049
get fucked Carney