MARVEL UNIVERSE THREAD

Alright guys, do as the title says and post your thoughts on the current state of the MCU.

>Post things you like!
>Post things you don't like!
>Post things you wish you could change!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7i574Em3IrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Post things you don't like!

The MCU and Sup Forums.

Using a 1-10 rating scale with 5 serving as a true "average"

Phase 1:
Iron Man
>9/10
>RDJ killed it.

The Incredible Hulk
>7/10
>Interesting contrast to the Ang Lee Hulk movie.

Iron Man II
>4-6/10
>Sam Rockwell is gold. THe movie rating changes upon my mood.

Thor
>5-6/10
>I've only seen this movie like twice so maybe I should give it a look.

Captain America: The First Avengers
>THE STAR SPANGLED MAN/10
>But seriously, it hand an Indiana Jones esque vibe and I loved it.

The Avengers
>10/10 upon first watch.
>Now it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to quippy but still a fun movie.

most of marvel's current output is worse than the MCU

And it's because of the MCU that they're suffering. All the more reasons for me to hate it.

>imply it isn't objectively the best thing to happen to Marvel in the last decade.

>like
nothing
>don't like
how they changed the landscape of movies so they are all action comedy schlock
>post things you wish they would change
stop making movies

>Implying it isn't a tumor sucking the life out of all of Marvel's other divisions, and in turn the comic industry in general.

>sucking the life out of all of Marvel's other divisions

Alright, explain this one to me.

Phase 2:

Iron Man 3
>4/10
>I would have been happier with a straight adaptation of Extremis. Playing up Tony's PTSD was genius but they should have had him use alcohol as a means of coping.
>The movie needed more scenes similar to the moment when Tony summoned the armor in his sleep and it walked to their bedroom.

Thor: The Dark World
>3/10
>A movie that makes Thor 1 look like a cinematic masterpiece.
>This movie could have been sooooooo much better.
>Maybe I'm too hard on my rating.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>9/10
>Fully realized Cap choreography and a simple streamlined plot that has tons of throwbacks to old spy movies. Love it.

Guardians of the Galaxy
>8/10
>A fun sci fi movie that I consider superior to THe Force Awakens.
>Still feels like a Marvel movie though but to a lesser degree than its contemporaries.

Avengers: Age of Ultron
>4/10 on first watch.
>7/10 now with Spader chewing scenery up like it was his day job.
>Whedon substancially improved as a director that is evident is basically every scene.

Ant Man
>Could have been a trainwreck.
>Easily my favorite movie of Phase 2.
>The entire main cast is fantastic.
>Corey Stoll delivers an understated terrifying performance and had a sexy as hell suit.
>The soundtrack was catchy as hell.
>THE QUANTUM REALM!

>blaming the disconnected movies because the writers and editors of the totally separate comic division are a bunch of idiots

Do you REALLY think we'd be getting stories that were any better if the MCU weren't around? Alonso would likely still be EIC and Bendis would still have too much pull. Without GOTG he would have made ruining X-Men a full-time job and probably stayed even longer.

You have to be a casual not to realize that Marvel comics had been on a downslide for a while. The 2000s were just as beleaguered by awful team books, synergy, and events.

>Comics.

Two reasons. Firstly, with the introduction of the MCU a new spotlight was shined onto Marvel that they haven't had in ages. Naturally, they saw this quick claim to fame as a way to draw in new readers. So they started to dumb down their wonderfully complex universe (that many fans truly did love) to be more simplistic and match the movies. Which so kindly stated, are already suck and stripped Marvel of their diversity in story telling. Secondly, the writers started to take note that many of the MCU actors were growing in age, and would likely be in need of replacing. So instead of focusing on telling interesting stories with characters that the fans loved, all the writers at Marvel want to make the next character that will replace the old ones in order to get that mad royalties. Then started to deflect any criticism (which would harm their chances of becoming adapted) by saying that anyone who doesn't like them is a sexist or racist.

>Cartoons.

The cartoons are not drawing from the comics, which are more diverse and have a lot more history to work with, and instead are pulling from the movies. This leads the cartoons to be lacking any soul or heart, and leads them to be nothing but shameless movie tie-ins. Ultron was in the movie? Now Ultron is the main villain. Quicksilver showed up? Now he's a main character. Rather than taking the established universe and rich history and doing something creative with it, everything has been watered down to the shitty MCU style. Again, like pointed out.

>Games

MOBILE
MOBILE
MOBILE
MOBILE
MOBILE

(though it does seem they are fixing that one)

>>Maybe I'm too hard on my rating.
You really are it's only notably flaws are Malekith not being fleshed out a most of the comedy bits.

It was on the down slide, but still redeemable, the MCU just made things get worse /much/ faster.

Phase 3:

Captain America: Civil War
>8/10
>I feel like it's pretty popular to shit on this movie here but that don't stop me one bit from having a blast.
>"I don't care. He killed my mom.". I know Tony was in the wrong for immediately trying to murder Bucky but I can't hold it against him.

Doctor Strange
>I'VE COME TO BARGAIN/10
>Trippy soundtrack and visuals.
>Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One
>Everything involving magical combat.
>It may be just because it's recent but I loved Doctor Strange and it encouraged me to start looking at his back catalog.

I agree with you on Ultron, people are way too hard on that movie. While I don't care for Ultron's appearance Spader kills it and I really like the character as a twisted reflection of the Avengers. Even with all the quips I still think it's a better movie than the first Avengers.

Denied DC's ability to appeal to people so 0/10

Would a 5/10 be a more appropriate rating. Truly middle of the road inoffensive flick. Just remember hating that they got Christopher fucking Eccelston and HE GOT TO DO NOTHING!!!!

I hate hemsworth thor,I hope ragnarok leads to some reincarnation shit and we can recast or he learns to act

they fucked up hawkeye
they fucked up mandarin
made black widow way more important than she should be
really need to flesh out vision and scarlet witch
they need to pull back the robert downey jr aspect of iron man, he's becoming really annoying/unlikable

doing a good to great job on everything else

I hate all the focus on the piece of shit Guardians of the Galaxy franchaise, people don't care about them beyond the talking aninal and the cute baby toy.

DC makes a telltale Batman game and turned out great! Marvel makes fucking Guardians of the Galaxy telltale, fucking why not Punisher or Daredevil?? What a fucking waste! I'm not even going to watch the trailer.

>Christopher fucking Eccelston and HE GOT TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Not to mention the amount of really stupid jokes during the final battle.

The MCU didn't make anything worse. The people in charge of the comics just learned all the wrong lessons from the 90s and 2000s. It made them successful in the short term but is now coming around to bite them in the ass.

If you're going to blame the MCU then you have to go all the way back to when Marvel sold off the movie rights in the first place after fucking themselves and the industry over in the 90s. That was when they started trying to piggyback on the movies in addition to intensifying the stupid fucking event cycle. I mean Marvel's had, what, two or three good events since Galactic Storm? And yet they've continued to arrive year after year without fail.

I repeat, if you blame the MCU for Marvel's demise, you must be a casual. All the MCU did was garner enough success in-house to seduce the already stuckup and stagnant comics division into finally outgrowing their woefully undersized britches.

>The MCU didn't make anything worse.
Yes it did.

>The people in charge of the comics just learned all the wrong lessons from the 90s and 2000s.
And the MCU is one of them.

>That was when they started trying to piggyback on the movies in addition to intensifying the stupid fucking event cycle.
Okay? Doesn't excuse the fact that they're piggy backing it more than ever before.

I refer to my other post:

He's a good actor, just getting shit scripting. His best stuff have been in Avengers, not his solo movies. All the shit I keep hearing about Ragnarok sounds AMAZING..BUT since they fucked up Thor 2 and Thor 1 a bit less, I'm cautious.

>DC makes a telltale Batman game and turned out great!
I like you Bro. Telltale Batman was probably the most unique "modern" elseworld Batman tale. It was like a more cartooney version of the Nolan Universe and I loved every minute of it.

TOP 3 MCU MOVIES
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Ant Man
>Doctor Strange

NO SHAME!!!!!

Dr Strange is the best movie in the MCU.

Age of Ultron is extremely fucking underrated.
Only cons of note are...
> Ultron not being dead pan or menacing enough. (spader was still fucking great)
> Too much comedy at tension breaking points, Thor verbally stalling Ultron while being choked was a good example.

I gotta be honest I really did like Nat + Ban, people say it wasn't set up enough, re watch the 1st Avengers with both their emotions flaring with him holding her subconsciously responsible for bringing him back into this mess, and the only time we REALLY see Nat scared and its not a act like it was with Loki, is when the Hulk chased her. Her overcoming that and becoming basically the Hulk's chill pill by AOU shows genuine character growth.
Their scene at Clint's house remains among the best films emotional bits of the MCU.
The people claiming Widow is crying about "muh babies" are imbeciles. Bringing up her physical and mental transformation into a assassin as a sign of kinship with Banner isn't whining. And it didn't come from nowhere it was already on her mind thanks to the flashbacks Wanda gave her.

And Vision & Ultron's last scene remains one of the greatest moments of the MCU period.

>His best stuff have been in Avengers, not his solo movies
Disagree that moment when he breaks down when he thinks Loki died in 2 was were he showed the most emotion.

I just don't like how dry his delivery is,when he said"is that the best you can do!" To ultron it came of as bland and not at all Norse warrior godly,plus his costumes have been shit.Id kill for just when seen where Thor just radiates power and not act like a fucking dudebro,the closest we got was him scaring Malekith but even that was just a slow Mo scream with no real power in it

Not going to go through every claim you've made, but:

>comics

I'm not entirely sure Marvel 'dumbing down' their comics is the MCU's fault as it is the writers they hire faults. Like you said later in your post, they started going for the SJW crowd hoping for success. (which obviously isn't the majority of the crowd that watches the movies)

>cartoons

Marvel has always had mediocre shows, except for stuff like Earth's Mightiest Heroes. But I'll give it you that it has become MCU-lite.

>games

Them going completely mobile is the MCU's fault, how exactly? If anything it's Disney's fault for letting licenses to their franchises lapse like what happened with MvC (until recently, obviously). Before that they were shitting out nothing but random Spider-Man games.

You're probably more knowledgeable about the inner-workings about this stuff, I'm not so much 'cause I don't really care.

I'm sorry user, but you're not going to convince me that the movies, which are for the most part the only output from Marvel I even remotely enjoy these days, are somehow responsible for all the problems that have plagued the company for literally the entire time I've been reading comics. Especially when they have absolutely nothing to do with the comics division. The problem has always been the leadership, to blame the MCU is to attack only the most superficial part of the problem.

I think people are overhyping Spider-Man Homecoming way too much. People all over the internet (not so much Sup Forums) are acting like this will be the crowning jewel of the MCU, when everything about it makes it look average.
>>Peter fighting the Vulture to impress Tony Stark.
>>"I'm gonna prove I'm a big boy!"
>>Lame High School subplots like love triangles and math leagues. Are Math Leagues really a thing?
>>Going out of its way to show that it's a different Spider-Man franchise by rearranging the supporting cast.
>>Ned Leeds is pretty much Ganke. Does Pete really need a Ganke?

The lengths they are going to cover up the Shocker just gives me the impression that the Shocker suit will suck.

>Forgetting Spectacular Spider-Man.

>Forgetting Spider-Man TAS

>Forgetting X-Men TAS

>Forgetting Silver Surfer TAS.

I swear to Christ I will slap a bitch.

I already addressed how and why the MCU is damaging the comics. If it still doesn't convince you, then it's out of my control I guess.

Comics
Dislikes: everything else

Movies
dislikes: holy fuck i hated ultorn with a goddamn passion, only movie i ever walked out on

Your perspective is limited. I've been watching Marvel comics repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot on a grand scale for over two decades. The problem with Marvel comics is not the movies, it's Marvel comics. If you can't see that, well, you must be a casual.

sadly this guys right, movies or no movies marvel hasnt been good since like 95

That's not to say they haven't published good books since then. Hell, they're still publishing a handful of good books. There will always be good writers doing their best with what they have to work with. But as a whole, both the company and the universe have been in dire straits for a log fucking time.

for sure, i've enjoyed a few runs that are usually cut short for some reason or ruined by an event but i keep trying to dip into other books or writers or characters i like and marvel has a bad habit of fucking them up too, ive never seen lemeire shit the bed so badly with writing than he has with death of x and inhumans vs xmen

Okay? That still doesn't change the fact that the MCU is damaging it even more than they already have.

I'm pretty fucking burned out on Marvel. The Netflix shows and Guardians 2 are the only things I'm looking forward too at all.

Also Moon Knight when?

Cape movies no longer hype me that much but Phase 3 had a good start with civil war and strange and the trailer for Guardians 2 looks promising.
That's hilarious. My hopes fo the best solo movie are with Black panther desu.

Ive explained numerous times that the MCU cannot damage the comics because it does not directly affect the comics nor is it run by the same people. And that's ignoring all the other shit that's been wrong with Marvel for years.

The MCU causes endless event fatigue? The MCU hires bad writers to the comic division? The MCU floods the market by way of countless shitty variants? The MCU causes them to give up on a cohesive shared universe that moves forward instead of backward? The MCU preys on the audience of the comics with shock and anger factor? Cause all of these are much bigger problems than synergy.

Get the fuck out of here.

user, think of it like a man murdering someone while a nuke takes out the city they're both in

In the end, it REALLY doesn't matter

And I've explained that it doesn't matter if they are run by the same people, the MCU still has a clear effect of the quality of all other Marvel mediums. But if you still don't want to address the points I've brought up than that's fine, just don't pretend that you have.

At this point it's like nuking a country vs blowing up the Earth. Does the nuke cause damage? Of course, but blowing up the Earth causes more.

In terms of comics, it's obvious what the problem is. All the good writers left and all the leftovers are people who get their knowledge from the MCU. Bendis being in charge for a decade not only enforces this poor thinking, he encourages it. "Ugh, isn't Alpha Flight lame?" "Iron Fist? Why should he be at Luke Cage's wedding? He's not a New Avenger". The over focus on the popular characters has killed the creativity of the company, and we get stuck with shit like all these new legacy characters, because nobody wants to create new faces. Hell, comics have actively discourage the creation of new characters with how freely they kill them off.

And this is where we start heading to dead end territory. The films are seen as the finite way of doing a story. Civil War is done, now there is no need to bring that story up again in the films. Writers instead of actually creating stories are just awaiting the next thing from the MCU. "Hellcat is in Jessica Jones?" I guess that means dipshit, happy go lucky Patsy is now hanging out with "RAAAAAAPE!!!" Jessica Jones! It's like asking someone why Star Wars Episode 8 isn't their most hyped film of 2017. We've seen nothing about it, yet we're supposed to be hyped for...something? That's what Marvel comics feels like right now. All this endless promising for something, but that thing never comes.

How many times has Thanos been used in comics of late? How many events do we have where the lineup is almost entirely MCU characters?

Now wait til next year or the year after when Phase 4 is announced, and suddenly, all the Marvel books start using characters proposed for those upcoming films.

Say what you will about the MCU, but ever since those new photos at the start of the week, I've gotten more hyped for Phase 3. GOTG 2, Thor 3 and Black Panther look like they're actually being creative with their settings and visual styles, that it makes Homecoming look bring in comparison.

I fucking hate both Thor movies.
I spent the last couple weeks watching everything Taika Waititi directed.
Ragnarok just might be the surprise hit of the year for me, it might be even better than Guardians.
Can't wait for the first trailer.

youtu.be/7i574Em3IrI

I saw Hunt for Wilderpeople two nights ago, and I got to agree, Thor 3 is gonna be great if they let Waititi do his own thing. He's able to balance the serious moments with a lot of comedy really well.

Hell, I would not be surprised if we get a Thor 4.

I really love TFA. I know people love to shit on it, but I thought it had a style and tone that a lot of the MCU lacked.

No joke, it's my second favorite MCU movie. I really loved it the first time I saw it and rewatching it after seeing Winter Soldier made me like it even more.

My worry is, is Marvel burning through material too fast? Three movies a year, three netflix shows a year, and even more tv shows. Even material like Ghost Rider was used up in Agents of SHIELD. And now we got Inhumans and a rumored Namor show on the way. How much material will be left going forward?

For example, when Phase 3 was announced, people were asking for stuff like Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Civil War, and Infinity Gauntlet, and we're even going to get Planet Hulk merged with Thor Ragnarok. But now we're past all those really popular stories and we're sort of in the dark for Phase 4. What are the major stories left to do in Phase 4? Outside Spider-Man material, I'm drawing a blank, and I'm sure a lot of other people are too.

My friend said how the Captain America Trilogy is the best franchise of the MCU, and thinking about it, I find it hard to disagree.

Goddammit, I lost the scathing rebuke I was typing so I'll cut this short:

You're evidently a casual by the weight you place on cartoons and video games, but the original argument was that the MCU is responsible for Marvel Comics being in shambles today's. Well let me tell you bud, if there was no MCU, you might have a few less shitty in-house cartoons, and so you'd hardly be the wiser. But things would hardly be different on my end. I've been watching Marvel burn for twenty goddamn years, and it was already on fire when I got here. So don't you dare try to tell me what the problem with the comics is.

From best to worst IMO

>Captain America: Winter Soldier
>Ant Man
>Captain America: Civil War
>Iron Man 3
>Iron Man
>Captain America: The First Avenger
>Avengers: Age of Ultron
>The Avengers
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Thor: The Dark World
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor
>Iron Man 2

Haven't seen Doctor Strange yet.

Thor TDW is great (and beautiful) when it's on Asgard.
Thor and Loki interaction is great.

The Earth parts of the movie are where it shits the bed.

They can always make up new stories though. Civil War and Age of Ultron almost have nothing to do with the comics for example, even if they're using the names of a comic storyline.

i love civil war but it feel more like avenger 2.5 than a cap movie

The MCU pretty much saved Wanda from the idiocy of the comic division.

Or they could just have some villains returning.
By 2020 TFA will be 9 years old, characters like Red Skull returning at that point would feel sort of new again.

While true, I also feel that people would lose interest in the MCU if they start coming up with purely original villains. Like say, Weaver in Defenders. If she's an OC, I'm worried she'll just be a mob boss with not much interest in her, and the comics will suddenly create her for their stories (especially since it's Bendis) and it'll be tedious.

Yeah I feel the same. I actually really love the Asgard parts and when it focuses on the brother dynamic, but the Jane & co. stuff is really fucking annoying.

Also, I have to give Thor 2 props for looking great, much better than most MCU movies. Frigga's funeral looked gorgeous.

would you like to see kang in the mcu?

AoU needed less action and more character moments, and dial back on the quips.

2R2M are 4 people, Joss is one guy.

>You're evidently a casual by the weight you place on cartoons and video games

The fuck do you mean? My description for why it was effecting the comics was two times bigger than the complaint for cartoons. Not that it matters since the original question was how do the movies effect all other Marvel divisions. A question was asked and I answered.

>but the original argument was that the MCU is responsible for Marvel Comics being in shambles today's

No, the original argument was, and I quote,

">sucking the life out of all of Marvel's other divisions

Alright, explain this one to me."

> Well let me tell you bud, if there was no MCU, you might have a few less shitty in-house cartoons

You say this like it isn't a good thing.

> I've been watching Marvel burn for twenty goddamn years, and it was already on fire when I got here.

Cool, but it doesn't change the fact that MCU made the fire get worse.

>So don't you dare try to tell me what the problem with the comics is.

Well guess what, I dare, what now tough guy?

I'm tired of hearing this shit.
Civil War was still very much Cap's movie. A movie can have an ensemble cast and still have the focus on the main character, which Civil War did.

>b-but why did Tony have so much screentime?
Because he's the main antagonist.

I won't deny that it would be weird, but let's be honest, most people don't watch the MCU movies for the villains.

Hell, the most popular criticism of the MCU is that it has really weak villains. It they'd just start making them up, it wouldn't change much for the general public.

I wouldn't be shocked if Red Skull was in Infinity War. Granted, how effective can the Red Skull be in the MCU? He got teleported away to...somewhere in the universe, hasn't been to Earth in over 60+ years, and will have landed in some alien civilization who probably won't listen to some rambling red head guy. Any way the Red Skull could come back from a time gap that long would be very silly.

I still believe that when Thanos takes out Vision's stone, after a fakeout death, Vision starts talking in James Spader's voice when he's by himself.
I want a final fight against Kang where they're hopping through portals and landing in previous moments of the MCU where Kang is about to shoot the Avengers at their most distracted.

to many movies about the avengers.
not enough movies about the rest of marvel.

too much overarching nonsense. like, that stuff is dragged out too much, just gimme a few one shots.

I'm going to be autistic as fuck and say that I hated Asgard in Thor 2. It felt more like prequel Star Wars with the AA Guns and spaceships flying around. I really hated them taking the magic out of Thor.

It's funny that people blame the farm scene for ruining AoU when the film just flowed terribly. There are so many moments in that film that were "This just happened, just accept it", like how the Avengers just appeared on Klaw's boat so suddenly, or Wanda and Pietro aligning with Ultron.

Well I can respect that opinion, I'm probably in the minority when it comes to the Thor movies. I realize they're some of the weakest in the franchise, but I still enjoy them a lot mainly because of the Asgard stuff.

If they dialed back the Earth shit, they'd probably be some of my favorite MCU movies. It's the reason why I'm so excited for Ragnarok, the fact that 90% of it will take place in space fills me with a lot of hope.

Thing is, how many crime families can you do between all the Netflix shows before it becomes stale as fuck?
This. We don't need everything to lead back to the Avengers. GOTG 2 looks refreshing because it's far removed from the Avengers dick sucking. We also don't need to be reminded about Infinity Wars in every other film. Hell, I remember some journalist asking the Russos why Thanos wasn't in Civil War!

The director has said there are only 3 scenes on Earth.

I actually hope the MCU does a lot of the unexpected from now on. Like, do a Venom trilogy of films, that brings in Carnage and all of that. Do a Secret Invasion film, do a Dark Reign film. Hell, go as far as to do a Spider-Verse film with Tobey and Garfield.

Alright MCUdrones explain this to me;

Avengers
> Captain America gets pissy at SHIELD for experimenting with Hydra technology
> the heads at SHIELD tried to nuke New York

Winter Soldier
> Captain America works for SHIELD now for some reason
> Major reveal is that SHIELD is actually evil even though in the last movie they tried to nuke New York and are depicted as being run by an Alex Jones New World Order wet dream

Why do people think this movie is good again? Was it just the action scenes?

Marvel studios is not in charge of Marvel comics. There is no mandate sayin bad writers have to constantly allude to the movies. No, these bad writers choose to do so because it makes their job even easier. If it wasn't Thanos it would be a different character in the same terrible story. If it wasn't the MCU lineup (and it isn't always) the events would be no better. Don't tell me you think Dissassembled, House of M, Secret War, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, or Fear Itself are preferable to the garbage they're shitting out now.

Blaming the MCU/synergy for bad writing and editing is akin to attacking the new coat of paint on a house that's been rotting structurally for at least a quarter of a century.

You keep digging that hole bud. The MCU hasn't made anything worse, it can't, because they have no sway over the comics (or cartoons) apart from what hack writers and editors crib from them. It's a one-way street. And as these same hacks have been ruining Marvel Comics for along time before the MCU I know for a fact that things would be just as bad, in a slightly different way, if the MCU didn't exist.

And I don't know who the fuck you were quoting but my entrance into this argument was about the comics, not "all other divisions" (which nevertheless are more closely tied to the comics anyway unlike Marvel Studios which is totally separate) which you clearly know jack shit about.

>Well guess what, I dare, what now tough guy?

Well you've made yourself look like a total ass by picking a fight about something you know nothing about with someone who has years of firsthand experience. So congrats I guess.

The action scenes go on and on yet the story and characters stuff gets skipped alot, as you say.

>Thing is, how many crime families can you do between all the Netflix shows before it becomes stale as fuck?
Yeah it's gonna become pretty stale. I may be biased when it comes to this though because I haven't been enjoying Netflix Marvel as much as other people. I loved Daredevil S1, but after that everything else left me cold.

I'm not the type of autistic fuck that needs everything to be exactly like the comics or the costumes to be 100% accurate, but I must admit that the insistence on being extra ultra grounded and realistic is becoming pretty grating. Like goddamn, we don't need 13 episodes before the hero decides to suit up and adopt a persona.

It's like Iron Man 3 blowing up all his suits to Age of Ultron and having them again, or Tony approaching Ross over Hulk, and then Tony was even farther from the Avengers project in Iron Man 2, you just roll with it.

Are you me, user? I feel that if the seasons were 8 episodes long, they would be a lot stronger. Every single season have had an episode where the heroes try to keep a mobster alive and end up failing.

>The MCU hasn't made anything worse, it can't, because they have no sway over the comics (or cartoons) apart from what hack writers and editors crib from them.

Nigga, did you even read the post. I never once claimed that they did, quite the contrary, but it doesn't change the fact that the MCU has a major negative impact on the other divisions.

> And as these same hacks have been ruining Marvel Comics for along time before the MCU I know for a fact that things would be just as bad, in a slightly different way, if the MCU didn't exist.

No, not even close. Things would be bad, but not nearly as bad as they are now.

>And I don't know who the fuck you were quoting but my entrance into this argument was about the comics, not "all other divisions"

You commenting about how I was a casual for bringing up cartoons, despite that when I brought it up it was in response to someone else asking about it. Quit back peddling.

>which you clearly know jack shit about.

So you mean to tell me that the other divisions are not impacted by the MCU anyway what so ever?

>Well you've made yourself look like a total ass by picking a fight about something you know nothing about

No, you told me not to dare, I dared, I wanna know what happens now.

> with someone who has years of firsthand experience.

Fucking kek. Bet you dad works at Microsoft too.

That's what Netflix orders from Marvel. Unless there's budget cuts or a huge one (like Defenders), 13 episode seasons aren't going away.

MCU is made by people who love the comics they grew up with or love the genre.

Marvel Comics is populated by egotistical writers who despise having to work within a "legacy".

The MCU has got creatively bolder since the comics division (creative committee) got kicked out.

I hope it all burns.

so much dis

It is really ironic.

Speaking my language

>I loved Daredevil S1, but after that everything else left me cold.
I feel you, mate.
I wish I could unwatch Jessica Jones in particular. The only good thing I can say about it is that it left me so disappointed, I enjoyed Luke Cage better than most people because my hopes were so low after JJ.

the first half of daredevil s2 was just as one as the firsth

>MCU is made by people who love the comics they grew up with or love the genre.
the fuck are you smoking

You are a lost cause. I've dismantled your arguments time and again, I've explained the real reasons why Marvel has been awful for years time and again, yet you persist in your ignorance because you just can't admit defeat in an Internet argument can you? I don't give a damn what you think of the quality of their movies, but to blame the MCU for the state of Marvel comics or cartoons or anything else is to mark yourself a casual of the highest order. Have fun circlejerking with your fellow casual memelord newfags.

FUCKING TRUTH!

It was fucking garbage.

No, you are a lost cause, you autist.

You're not going to convince anyone. And the fact you've been trying for years makes me only pity you more.