Ok...

Ok, so how and why are all big budget blockbuster movies directed by newcomer Indie film makers with zero big budget experience?

Also how do they all pull it off so well?

my theory is that there are some big secret people always behind their backs making sure they don't fuck up.

>waititi newcomer
hello newfag popcorn muncher

>taika waititi
>newcomer
uh huh

he just made two fucking indie movies and that vampire comedy....he has not been doing shit yet

Because there's very few middle ground films any more. Funding is HIGH or LOW.

>my theory is that there are some big secret people always behind their backs making sure they don't fuck up
...how is that a secret? Major studio productions have a huge team of in-house producers, and they usually hire an experienced crew that has done lots of big-budget effects movies even if the director hasn't. Hundreds and hundreds of people work on a movie like "Thor."

Inexperienced directors are easier for the bigwigs to control. They need people who do as they're told.

OP here

yea but why don't they let established directors direct Capeshit?

i think op might suffer from retardness

do you also think edgar wright was a newcomer when he was directing ant man

These studios put a whole entourage of producers and executives behind these Guys, a Director is hardly a "i do it all" figure, unlike many believe, especially in modern hollywood

This plus theyre cheaper.

How many quips do you think Nolan would put in an avengers film? There's your answer.

Established directors are more expensive and lots of them are auteurs who would rather have a lot more control over aspects of their film.

> From pajeet for pajeets
No wonder mcucks such subhumans

This isn't new.
Capeshit has always been directed by literal nobodies.
It's because famous director don't want to direct Capeshit.

Nobody knew Sam Raimi before Spiderman (evil dead was a geek thing)

Nobody knew Nolan before Batman Begins.

Nobody knew Snyder before 300 & Watchmen.

Nobody knew Tim Burton before Batman.

>pajeet
You're not very good with faces user

>Taika Waititi
>Pajeet

He didn't direct it.

Fuck you're an idiot

dumb fuck

>he thinks waitit is indian
WHEN WILL THESE SLOP MUNCHERS WILL GET OF MY BOARD

Didn't he leave because they didn't let him do what he wanted with the movie?

> Butthurted pajeets

Edgar Write didn't direct Ant-man... He wrote a script then left. He had very little to do with the finished product. Now fuck off you mouth breathing cunt

>Butthurted

He clearly looks like one so who gives a fuck

this

>Pajeet tries to call out others whilst pretending not to be a pajeet
>Fails

Checks out

>polynesians
>looking like indians

Lmao pajeets gonna pajeet

shut the fuck amerimutt

The sheer retardation in this thread is astounding.

He's the most bankable director in the southern hemisphere; OP confirmed idiot

>my theory is that there are some big secret people always behind their backs making sure they don't fuck up.

yeah it's called storyboarding and pre-viz, second unit directors, stunt coordinators, and VFX supervisors

do you seriously think taikkiikia waititty or whoever just suddenly discovers they have a prodigious talent for directing huge scale action setpieces? sometimes those things get worked out before the director's even attached to the movie, or BEFORE THERE'S EVEN A SCRIPT.

He's made the top two highest grossing New Zealand films ever.

>WHEN WILL THESE SLOP MUNCHERS WILL GET OF MY BOARD
Isn't there some corner of the internet in your native language you could go shit up.

They pick directors that will be easy for the producers and corporate higher up people to manage.
also,
>also known as Taika Cohen

This
plus they are cheap

>Also how do they all pull it off so well?
are we talking about that garbage thor movie that came out last week?
mong

what is LOTR trilogy

American films shot in New Zealand.

MARVEL movies are an easy way to blood new talent in the big budget movie structure.

>american
uh, no.

did you watch 80's movies? they were shit. everything you nerds sperg over is complete nostalgia. most good movies are new. those are the facts. I'm sorry.

How many members of the fellowship were American? 3 out of 9?

he's a Pacific islander monkey/Shekel merchant half breed

>Ok, so how and why are all big budget blockbuster movies directed by newcomer Indie film makers with zero big budget experience

A big-name director with a lot of stroke will demand utter creative control.

A new director will be much more pliable when his corporate masters instruct him as to what the movie will actually look like.
>You can direct it however you want, but here's your cinematographer to make sure it looks like every other MCU movie and here's your script which you will not deviate from at all.

HES A FUCKING JEW YOU DOPEY FAGGOTS
>COHEN
>COHEN
>COHEN

1. Established directors don't want to direct franchise movies that are severely limiting creatively
2. Producers already know what they want before hiring the director, so unless the director will just do what they're told they won't hire them
3. They have standards and aren't interested in making 2 hour toy commercials for manchildren

>"Hollywood director is Jewish"

>"In other news: Water is wet."

>so well

Great bait

>newcomer

How is he even close to be a newcomer?

Huh

They still have passion for the profession and know they've been given the job to follow through on their vision rather than being burned out or expected to hew to a formula in making the movie.

BASED.

NEW ZEALAND RE-PRESENT

Maybe read interviews with these indie filmmakers when they're asked that question a million fucking times. In the case of Waititi he has directed big budget super bowl commercials and has used large casts before. He said the only difference was the length of filming.

Because established directors are harder to control. A newcomer will do what they say because they need a hit to finance movies they actually care about.

Hori is the preferred ethnic slur, pronounced whorey

Oh and a Maori/Jew hybrid like Taika is a Heebro

Ang Lee's Hulk flopped
He has 2 oscars
James Cameron and similars aren't interested
Inarritu said it is cultural genocide

>why don't they let established directors direct Capeshit?
The original Marvel movies did this. Jon Favreau with iron man, kenneth brannaugh with thor, Joe Johnston with Captain America, and the incredible hulk was the director of the transporter movies. Gunn and the Avengers, and Edgar Wright was the director for ant man until he wasn't. Even snyder, for as much as I don't like those two movies, was still the guy who made 300, a movie that spawned nearly a decade of cheap rip-off's.

>Gunn and the Avengers
fuck, whatever, you know what I mean. Why the fuck do I know this much about capeshit? Why the fuck am I talking about this. Jesus Christ.

Hello, you may have only worked on small comedies, therefore no clout in the creative say, but we have big plans for you.

>here is your bare bones script
>here is your camera and tools
>here is your money
>here is your producers, we wouldnt want you spending the money badly right?
>here is you designated connections to other MCU movies
>here is your thesis on said movie
>and here are your actors

The directors generally have very little control. Why do you think they keep making the same movie over and over?

based SoyBoy Poster

well James wanted to do a spiderman film and Inarritu isn't talented

Jim's spiderman would be nice
Can you explain why iƱarritu is not talented, mind you i think the same thing but i want to know your perspective

Because indie filmakers will work for cheap and do what the studio suits say.

Because the studios want a YES man and considering it helps the directors career its a win win.

>so well

>my theory is that there are some big secret people always behind their backs making sure they don't fuck up.
I assume they have a dozen producers looking over their shoulder at all times and as long as they toe the line it works out otherwise you get pic related