/trek/

Hard lessons learned edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9JLrwAB4DrY&t=651s
youtube.com/watch?v=XVaNxB5TN2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This was a good Troi episode

I agree. I liked the way they paid homage to the Kobyashi Maru and Spock's "the needs of the many" line without directly referencing them.

I want to live on the Enterprise

Was it rape?

How can Data be shot (and nearly disabled by) an arrow but survive being shot multiple times by a submachine gun?

Could she give consent, considering she was intoxicated at the time?

After roles in various exploitation movies such as Death Wish, Marina was desperate for TV stardom. She probably did whatever the producers wanted,

Might was well charge a vibrator with rape

>How can Data be shot (and nearly disabled by) an arrow but survive being shot multiple times by a submachine gun?

How can an intelligent being capable of learning graduate Starfleet Academy without understanding common idioms like "Burning the midnight oil"

Now that you say that, it kinda does. Imo Gates is a sexy name. I like it.

they didn't need to be like LOL GET THIS REFERENCE? GET IT? like JewJew Trek and STD by saying the entire "Needs of the many(...)" line verbatim

Anymore Riker fatfics, Broccoli fetishfics, or QxJaneway fuckfics?

post-Jellico Troi was the hottest thing. That proper uniform did wonders to her.

Since Data is incapable of feeling trauma, no.

Typical Americans. How about Fence McTrend?

It really did. Honestly she should have kept the Farpoint outfit longer

They have done this in every ST series onwards, I just heard them talking about it in ENT. The line predates Spock, it's just a Vulcan thing. Quit sperging out, tourist.

That and the hair that didn't look like a wet poodle.

Well, McFadden is just an old Irish name. As for Gates, that's her real middle name. So what if her name is multiple objects? You don't seem to care that Troi's actor's first name is a boat dock.

She looked great in the VOY episodes she was in in the DS9 uniform. THAT was prime Troi tbqh

his head survived being deactivated for 500 years in a cave.

All that past trauma must have been horrible when he got his emotion chip then.

Marina Sirtis only got hotter as she got older, then hit the wall. Much the same way Gates McFadden did.

Would it even work that way? The emotion chip would only affect his current experiences, and even if it did affect his past, remembering Tasha would likely only give him pleasure.

Rewrite Chakotay and make him less shit
hard mode: that Armenian scam artist is still on the payroll and you have to work with him

>Rewrite Chakotay and make him less shit
You'd have to rewrite the entirety of Voyager, my lad.

Make it so the Maquis and the Feds didn't get along perfectly after one season. Have him actually be his own leader in his own way that is at conflict with Janeway but also balances her. Once it became all about Starfleet he just kinda fell in line and never got to do his own thing

The same reason Kirk and his crew can wax poetic about 20th century media but Picard and his crew don't know what a cinema is even though Picard reads 20th century detective novels.

Maybe Q designed the simulation to be potentially lethal to everyone involved and a real arrow wouldn't have done anything to him?

He got his face tattoo in prison, each line is a person he beheaded because they betrayed the Maquis. Tuvok tried to get him to calm his shit after joining up with Voyager but Vulcan logic didn't appeal to him, but Injun beliefs did because he interpreted it as sending his victims to peace in the spirit world, or whatever Armenian nonsense Highwater comes up with. He meditates when his natural seething rage makes him want to cut off Janeway's sanctimonious head with the blade he keeps strapped to his back.

The whole Maquis and Starfleet conflict abruptly ended far too early in the show's life, with him becoming Janeway's bitch for the remainder of the series. Have it be an ongoing problem with his inner turmoil over where his loyalty lies.

what Maquis causes does he have to be loyal to in the Delta Quadrant?

Good question. It seems like this whole Maquis conflict was doomed to fail, which might explain why they hastily ended it.

Each other

Were we supposed to feel bad for her at the end?

Kind of? I think their goal was to make Dukat as unlikeable as possible but it didn't work.

I don't know. I sure didn't. It was clear she didn't give a shit about the Prophets from the start. They were just part of her path to power.

Were we supposed to want to fuck her?

>Were we supposed to want to fuck her?

Yes. I did.

youtube.com/watch?v=9JLrwAB4DrY&t=651s

Anyone watch this? kinda fun, badly filmed, baby crying at times, stage clearly not big enough to support frakes weight so he's not there. Marina kinda runs it, kinda annoying but also adorable. The end is awkward as fuck. Wish they took one more question after that one. Still fun panel.

>be careful of the rape gangs, my friends

>Hard lessons learned
If you want to talk about lessons, why didn't Voyager ever try to fix the slipstream drive? Their first go at it shaved 10 years off their journey, then they just dismantle and forget the whole thing? The whole plot of Timeless made no sense: I haven't seen it in a while, but from what I do remember, it boiled down to Harry sent the wrong set of numbers to Voyager (this sort of shit is why he never got promoted), so they crashed on an ice planet. This makes no sense; why was Harry needed to send a set of number to Voyager in the first place? Can't they create a program that will send the numbers to Voyager as soon as they're generated? I'm pretty sure we see them telling the computer to carry out more complex tasks. Why does it require a second man on the Delta flyer, manually punching in the numbers? What if his finger slipped? What if he was a second too late? What if he sends the wrong numbers and the ship crashes and kills everyone? Was his job protected by a union?

And then they just give up on slipstream right away, without even trying to devise a better method of getting the right coordinates, even though they were still tens of thousands of light years from Earth. They even decide on the vastly more insane plan of stealing a transwarp coil from the fucking Borg instead of fixing the technology they already sort-of got to work once. Why? Did Janeway skip the lecture at the Academy where they tell you not to give up just because you didn't get things right the first time?

Those titties though

Marina ruins every panel shes on

>ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS, THERE ARE TWO GENDAAAAAAAAAUUUGH!

lol

Maybe have the first season of VOY have Janeway and Chakotay on their own ships after they go through the rift, just like what happened. Only don't have his ship destroyed so soon. They each do their own stuff in the DQ and have the same goals for getting home. They can pick up their own respective alien crews as the season goes on and at the end they have to destroy one ship to save the other. And then the rest of the series could continue like it did. Only now you've got more of a Maquis background, and it's not so much one crew under one captain but two. I liked when they had Seven of Nine add all that Borg shit on the ship, by the time Voyager got home it should have had 4 years of all kinds of modifications and shit done to it. They should have had to make more compromise instead of just having everything go their way until they got home. That's what that story should have been about.

It was the stupidest line in the movie anyway. cringe every time it's referenced like it was deep or something

She had a few moments where it seemed like she could be saved, and remembered that she does care for bajor's people (she just insists on being their leader), then the writers were like nahhh, muh pah wraiths and dukat. Dukat's ending was awful too. Also sad that Damar had to die when his character had become really fucking amazing
The problem though is that the show DID have to end, and the writers had to sloppily wrap things up.

>ay holmes, you came to the wrong town ese
what the heck were they thinking making spiner make that very bad mexican accent? i dont think mexicans talked like that in the cowboy days

Reminder that O'Brien is the only man for Bashir, Garak is a whore incapable of loyalty

>Muh 7 million
Was Tripp Jewish?

>muh 7 million
You have to admit it's a lot worse than the bajoran occupation. 7 million killed in one single attack

Cardassians are space-Commies in that they were only trying to help the Bajorans develop their own economy

i know. they did nothing wrong

How many holodecks does the average ship have? Aren't there more effective ways to use hologram technology? Why isn't it called a smart matter/regulated EM field recreation chamber?

Is O'brien a better engineer than Scotty?

Who would be better in a pinch

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Out of all the Trek actors, is Marc in the top 3 /ourguys/ list?

Rom

Hes easily top 2 of ds9 no contest

How power intensive is a holodeck? Why not make the entire inside of the ship a holodeck? That way they could customise every surface, workstation, table etc. for every possible need.

Tom tinkers with these things for most of the series, doesn't he? He's into cars and stuff so they assign him that job. That's why it never gets done, Tom Paris is the worst officer in the history of Starfleet and has the work ethic of an Australian aborigine.

Is that the one where Gates gets pissed at Marina?
It's not supposed to be deep. Quite the opposite if you ask me. It's just a simplification of an officer's duty. If you have no choice but to sacrifice yourself to save the ship and the rest of the crew, you do it. It not being deep doesn't make it a bad line. It's a great line, but you thinking it's supposed to be deep is the problem. It's just logical. Now, in Star Trek III when Kirk flips the line at the end to justify saving Spock? THAT was fucking stupid and made no sense.

>He hasn't watched Star Trek 9
They do just that. They even do the same thing in an episode of TNG. For some reason they forgot how to do that between then and VOY s1e1 (The Caretaker) but remembered in the middle of the Dominion War. This is such a plot hole.

Scotty found a way to "freeze" himself in a transporter. Did O'Brien ever do anything that incredible? I've never seen DS9.

>DS9 uniform
DS9 fags suck so hard. it's the goddamn First Contact uniform.

WRONG

Who's production budget paid for the uniform design?

whose*

More power intensive than just having decks and furniture. There's also the issue that if there was ever a dampening field, or a power fluctuation, most of your ship would disappear.

>mfw episode of DS9 where Tom Riker steals the Defiant and the Obsidian Order constantly cuqs Dukat is on
>mfw nothing more comfy than this

>furniture
This gets into the unrealistic ship architecture of these ships. How does every single ship in the galaxy have artificial gravity plates once they get warp drive?

My favorite part is that after everything riker just gives up.

Like oh my bad im done now

Yes. Because before the episode where data had to defend himself to prevent "further study" by starfleet scientists and they were required to have his consent, it was assumed by everyone that he couldn't consent to anything because he was an appliance, like a vibrator, but after that court episode, he was found to be a life form that actually could consent. So basically before that court episode, he was considered a juvenile, so Yarr committed at least statutory rape.

youtube.com/watch?v=XVaNxB5TN2M

O'Brien fucked Keiko and Kira.

Scotty was Chief Engineer on The Enterprise during it's first five year mission in outer space. He had to work in conditions nobody else had ever worked in before and keep the ship together. O'Brien was just a glorified teleporter technition. Scotty any day. I'd pick B'Lanna or Geordie before I picked Obrien

He found a way to teleport past shields in TNG, the dude was a wizard with transporters.

maybe the same way an arrow can pierce modern body armor? his body is great at adsorbing the impact of bullets but an arrow goes in deep enough to mess with his internal systems?

The only reason O'Brien had so many problems holding DS9 together was because he wasn't really qualified for his job on the station
>The guy in charge is just a commander so instead of a chief engineer how about a petty officer?
>OK
Gee

He just knew the shield frequency of the ship he needed to transport onto and so could modulate the transporter frequency to bypass it. It wasn't any tech wizardry, just good memory and luck in that that shit wasn't changed.

Idk a space station is like 100x bigger than the federations largest ship. Man kept that fucker running near flawlessly for years

That was a good episode, where O'Brien and Kira get close while she's his surrogate baby mama.

But,
O'BRIEN MUST SUFFER

I would venture to say that a chief petty officer is likely ultra-competent, unlike an officer that just moves from assignment to assignment on nice Starfleet ships. Enlisted actually do the work and like O'Brien said in the episode where it was Honey, I Shrunk the Runabout, he knows the circuits on the Defiant like the back of his hand.

>backpeddle

the federation is weak. In East Germany under my direct command I have 31 divisions including 11 tank divisions and another 5 in Czechoslovakia. In support, on the Russian western border are 60 divisions, including 22 tank divisions; in all, a 10 to 1 advantage. American and West German forces can field, at most, 10 armored divisions. The British maintain only a token force. We have played out a variety of attack strategies on the new Kutusov computer and find that a lightning thrust by 10 armored divisions from the north and 5 more through Czechoslovakia lead to total victory in 5 days against any possible defense scenario!

I loved seeing Data having emotions for the first time
>when he crouches on the floor feeling fear for the first time
>when the ship is crashing and he says "oh shit" and holds onto Troi like she's his mother
Hilarious

>I HATE this!

how could troi be so dense?

if all the cadets go through the Kobayashi Maru. Then she should be aware that simulation tests have solutions that involve bad ends.

No. The Cardassians were the Japanese and the Bajorans were Koreans. Similar length of time for the occupation, taking "comfort women" like Kira's mom for the military, and thinking their race was superior.

They weren't Nazis because they never had a final solution, they just were there.

Generations is underrated. TNG was the must successful Trek series ever, but they couldn't wait to turn the thoughtful, contemplative show about warrior philosophers in their quest for truth into a mishmash of Die Hard / Wrath of Kahn remakes. The only thing different between First Contact and a random VOY Borg two-parter is the budget.

Hey, thanks for the update my man. I will remember that and not make the same mistake ever again

I wonder why they let him into Starfleet then in the first place before he had any rights.

How does it feel when Orrivile is stealing your character actors? Remember Klang?

>Honey, I Shrunk the Runabout
Nice

You can still call the uniforms on Voyager the DS9 uniforms.

Meet Drogen, a prepper on an alien moon who was right and is now living the dream in an post-appocolypse