Captain Carrot

>CAPTAIN CARROT was a virtual textbook of How to Get It Wrong. The internal logic was constantly skewed. What would prompt anyone to coin the term “pig iron” in a world inhabited, at least in part, by intelligent pigs? Wouldn’t that be an awful “racist” slur? What would an “alley cat” be in a world with intelligent cats? And, seriously, can we imagine a “real” superhero called, say, Captain Hamburger?
>The book had all the earmarks of a “parody” — but, of course, it was a “parallel universe”, not a parody!! — done by civilians. By people who do not “get” the language of superhero comics. Appalling, when you consider who actually created it.
>And let us never forget the solemn pronouncement from The Powers That Were, lo these many years ago —- “CRISIS is going to get rid of all the parallel Earths — except the one inhabited by Captain Carrot!”

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/John-L-Byrnes-Fear-Book/dp/0446348147
youtube.com/watch?v=F6-KwC8ONyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds like a guy who hates fun

Autistic as fuck.

Though he kinda touches on one valid point, it is super weird that Captain Carrot is an actual world in the DC multiverse and not its own separate thing.

Do you think this kind of stuff keeps Byrne awake at night?

He's a crazy person. So that seems like a very real possibility.

Yes, but do not mess with him. This guy can write the future.

>>And let us never forget the solemn pronouncement from The Powers That Were, lo these many years ago —- “CRISIS is going to get rid of all the parallel Earths — except the one inhabited by Captain Carrot!”

Except the one rule this world did have was that it was a Toon dimension, and therefore it and everything on it was virtually immortal. They literally stated that it was destroyed along with the rest of the multiverse, but only briefly before regenerating immediately afterwords.

John Byrne is literally autistic, and probably has a case of arrested development as well.

Thank goodness for this explanation. Now I don't have to lose sleep at night.

How old is she here?

wtf is going on with the neck on that girl in the first panel

13 or 14, something like that.

I can't handle all this autism

PFFFFFFFFFT.

storytime!

It's gonna be slow, i'm no VIP user.

>Is he right?
His own forum mocked him mercilessly over this, and this is a place where you're required to register using your legal name and submit proof of it.

No, he wasn't fucking right you absolute retard

NOBODY PUMPS THE TIRES, BYRNE!

Thanks Grant

> "Earth-One"? Kinda stuck on yourselves, aren't you?

Great line

I love his scorn for non comic book writers aka "civilians" like writing for costumed people punching each other is some dangerous and exalted task only left to the worthy

Hey now, Byrne wrote an actual novel once.
amazon.com/John-L-Byrnes-Fear-Book/dp/0446348147

And Clark Kent made reference to it as proof that publishing a novel proves nothing.

> Chin Lung in panel 3
For he is the very beginning

got distracted., sorry. coming back.

You were fapping, weren't you?

no, not able atm.

It needs his own film directed by Robert Zemeckis animated by Richard Williams
and produced by Steven Spielberg, the team which created Who Framed Roger Rabbit .

youtube.com/watch?v=F6-KwC8ONyk

Remember when Byrne proudly told a story of him snatching his Aquaman toy from the hands of a playing child? Good times.

For real though, what's his damage?

or a tv show.

unfortunately it's going to be CGI. so cross that off the list.

>And, seriously, can we imagine a “real” superhero called, say, Captain Hamburger?
Yes, I can imagine Green Lantern.

For real though, isn't the point of the Captain Carrot shit supposed to be that it was like a superhero Looney Tunes world? Surely skewed internal logic is just how a world like that'd work.

and that was all. hope you enjoyed it.

of course there's more comics, but i dont have them

>CGI
This is the darkest timeline.

there's a 2d movie coming this year. our only hope for 2d is barney show

Can you elaborate?

>CAPTAIN CARROT was a virtual textbook of How to Get It Wrong.

Didn't see it.

>What would prompt anyone to coin the term “pig iron” in a world inhabited, at least in part, by intelligent pigs?

The shape of the earliest pig iron ingots resembled a reclining pig.

>Wouldn’t that be an awful “racist” slur?

...no? Not unless calling a pig a pig is an awful racist slur in this putative fictional world for children's entertainment beyond whatever was actually show.

>What would an “alley cat” be in a world with intelligent cats?

Homeless.

>Captain Hamburger?

YOU JUST DID FUCKER

YOU JUST DID

>The book had all the earmarks of a “parody” — but, of course, it was a “parallel universe”, not a parody!! — done by civilians. By people who do not “get” the language of superhero comics. Appalling, when you consider who actually created it.

>civilians

People like this are why you don't get to keep your gun after you leave the military.

>And let us never forget the solemn pronouncement from The Powers That Were, lo these many years ago —- “CRISIS is going to get rid of all the parallel Earths — except the one inhabited by Captain Carrot!”

What's wrong with that? Wasn't it selling?

>Is he right

no

he's just sounding off his opinions

right and wrong are purely subjective here, and he's still wrong because he tried to sound smart without actually doing his research, so fuck him

think of all the driver's licenses and passports he'd have been able to sell on to fraudsters if he wasn't such a fucking tool and knew anybody at all irl

I love how he believes that a thing like racist slurs exists in a world that bounced back from being disintegrated by antimatter.

He's a legit autist and can't appreciate goofiness and caricature.

Scott Shaw and Dave Manak did great work on this book.

>suddenly starro
Pretty fun read.

>Yankee poodle
>Alley-Kat

I'd Captain my Carrot for them, if you know what I mean.

>Just'a Lotta Animals
remind me: didn't those guys turn out to exist in a another dimension and didn't they sue Captain Carrot for copyright infringement?

>I got blasted to smithereens by the hero Aquaman in a free for all nobody remembers

>By people who do not “get” the language of superhero comics. Appalling, when you consider who actually created it.

Byrne trying to say that motherfucking ROY THOMAS doesn't know superheroes?

Roy has a sense of humor and can shrug off continuity problems, making him dirt in Byrne's eyes.

If it's a TV show, it's unlikely to be CGI, DC/WB has been very consistent staying away from that. If it is a movie, I hope it's something like Peanuts/Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs where it's stylized enough to forgive it.