ITT: Characters that should have never existed

They were a mistake, especially Sam and Miles.

Miles will forever suck

Kamala is the best new character introduced in years (mostly when she's written by Wilson, sometimes elsewhere, never by Waid).

Sam is mostly inoffensive and I liked Duggan's run on Nova.

Miles needs to die as soon as possible.

>"Comics were a mistake."

>especially Sam

wrong

Sam is a shit character.

Hopefully Marvel start axing them off when Generations gets cancelled by issue 5

Kamala is the only one I like out of these, but I was very hesitant to even read it at first because I am sick of heroes being replaced.

Confirmed hasn't read his title since before AXIS.

I think Kamala benefited from the fact that Carol was very prominent and grew out of her Ms. Marvel persona, and Kamala had a strong identity of her own.

I've read all of Sam's shit, and read most of the shit he appears in. He's not a good or interesting character in any of them. It'll be a good day when Marvel finally kills him off, which will probably be soon, too bad Miles wont die as quickly.

Best idea in my opinion would be to revert Kamala to a local, non team up Jersey hero and build her own roster of allies and enemies slowly, as they were originally.

Re-start the Ultimate universe with Miles as the main pov character and only one who knew it was destroyed and recreated.

Keep Sam as your young/next gen cosmic hero and let him have team-up and be the focus instead of dissapearing into the background.

That's what's shitty about Miles and X-23 as Wolverine.

When you make a character that is ostensibly a duplicate of another, more popular character in some way, you have to give them something that makes them unique so they don't become redundant because once people realize the redundancy, the less popular character, which is usually the new one, is going to be eliminated. Ben Reilly was basically the same as Peter, so he died and Peter came back. Kaine got to survive by wanting to be hardcore. Venom got to survive by being an alien-powered psychopath. Miles isn't different enough from Peter and not better at what Peter does. He doesn't have the charm, the humor, the lovableness, the occasionally moments of badassery that Peter brings to the table.

X-23 is a similar case, but she didn't used to be. Before she was Wolverine, X-23 was different by being cold and effecient compared to Wolverine's gruff berserker nature. She was overly formal and aloof while Wolverine was more brash. Wolverine was a product of the wildnerness, X-23 of the laboratory. They could coexist despite their near identical powersets.

Now, X-23 is being written just like an ordinary girl and she sucks. Logan was better at being Wolverine and X-23 was better at being X-23. The last character to compete with Wolverine int he Wolverine category was Thunderbird, who actually predates Wolverine as the tough badass of the X-Men. But Wolverine was better at it, so he got forgotten by history.

Loeb's Dead Son is just handled poorly. He had a good start, but he kept getting wrapped up in events and other bullshit with writers who didn't care. He's been pretty alright in the current Nova so far.

Kamala is okay, but she also has the problem of constantly getting wrapped up in events and team-ups despite only being on the scene for a few months comic time at most.

Miles just fucking sucks.

>He had a good start
He really didn't, he wasn't even really a character when he started out.

I don't have much to say about any of this other than that Kamala and Sam had better be the ones to fuck when all of this is said and done.

Getting boned by Miles is like using a warm dildo.

>Kamala and Sam had better be the ones to fuck when all of this is said and done

Unless Sam converts to Islam in the near future, that's never going to happen.

>few months comic time
Between the two secret wars time skips it's been over a year.

Damian Wayne was a mistake.

Every single time when I try to like him, the writers do something with him that makes me dislike even more. Like what Tomasi did with the first issue of SuperSons

>too much words
What the heck? Is this Bendis?

They were all handled poorly. None of them were given a chance to grow and develop on their own before being shoehorned into the main Avengers team and shoved into constant event after event.

Every single new character, legacy or otherwise, Marvel has introduced in the past three or four years has had this problem. They don't get a chance to establish themselves before editorial tries to shill them.

Yes.

>they think Kamala will have sex with anybody before she is 18
That book is way too light hearted for that. She doesn't even have threatening villains. So far computer guy is the biggest threat he only has the plan telling her identity, usually the problem in this scenario would be attacking her family.

Who said Sam had to convert? What if Kamala converts to Sam's Space Catholicism?

Then she'd be beheaded for being an infidel. Don't you know how this works?

Her editor would never allow it, and it would probably drill up a ton of bad press because so many casuals believe she is the first main stream Muslim superhero. Turning her into a villain would be more likely.

Plus Kamala's very attached and proud of her religion, and follows it even despite temptation. Plus it'd piss off her parents, and she's too much of a good girl to let that happen.

Her parents would be cool with a guy that converts and follows the Muslim ways though. They accepted Kamala's brother's wife for that very reason.

Who -is- the first mainstream Muslim superhero, anyway?

Wasn't there a devout Muslim on the X-Men once?

It would be like in the cartoons; she'd just shrink her head to microscopic size when the guillotine comes down.

That's probably the actual reason.

Obviously we'd need to get a writer for Kamala who often resents parental wishes and desires and demands a separation of parents from their children after high school.

Anybody know David Willis' number?

Sam had a terrible start and just stayed shitty.
The only reason current Nova is good is because Rich is there.

Yeah, Dust.

I like him, but I do think he's over the top and completely unrealistic even for comic standard.

Though, I wouldn't mind if they get rid of Tim instead because Damian is more interesting than him and having three Robins is enough.

Wrong-o. The answer is that Sam's been allowed a chance to grow past his initial reason for creation, which was to be "Jeph Loeb's dead son". This only could have happened if they had given Nova to other writers, which is obviously the case.

The same goes for Kamala in a way; she's only had one writer on her title, but Kamala has also been given a chance to evolve past being "Carol Danvers' replacement".

However, Miles has yet to evolve past "Ultimate Peter Parker's replacement". Bendis almost refuses to let anything of importance (or of interest, it seems) happen to the character.

I quite like Kamala as a character, although I do think that her going big so quickly did her no favours. If she'd been integrated into group stuff way more slowly, I think she'd have been even more popular long term.

>Sam's been allowed a chance to grow past his initial reason for creation, which was to be "Jeph Loeb's dead son"
No he fucking he hasn't, we STILL haven't gotten past "MUH DAD".

There's none of the unsettling tones from Loeb with Sam, but he's still a trash character.
He never developed into anything because he always tied into every last event.
Now he'll live in Rich's shadow until he fades into obscurity.

Sorry I just remembered a crucial detail about Kamala. She DID return Bruno's feelings, but didn't pursue a relationship because she wanted to be a hero and focus on that, or something. I don't remember. But I DO remember that the difference in race and religion weren't the main factor for her declining, or if they were a factor at all.

So Kamala might be up for a romance, though she might not be thinking long-term about it.

I got the impression that Kamala herself didn't know whether she returned Bruno's feelings properly, or how she should go about things if she did. She probably did like him, but I don't think she really let herself think about any of the issues with that.

>Like what Tomasi did with the first issue of SuperSons
What? The only thing that Damian did was driving a bus.

And teach a class too.

>thinking Dust is mainstream

I think she was very aware. She explicitly says that she loves him, and has been trying to avoid these feelings.

In another time, if Kamala was older and more experienced in life/superheroing, I think they could have been something more.

You telling me marvel cant write young characters? I am in shock sir

Bendis?

My bad, I was overly vague. When I said 'properly', I meant in an actionable way-her having a thing for him is fairly undeniable, but it never felt like she was going to act on it at all to me.

I agree that they could have been something more in kinder circumstances (and indeed still might be, although I hope not for a good long while since the split there might be good for character development)

Clearly user wants Damian to be a bus driver.

I really wish I could pretend there's a chance this is shopped but.
>[unsolicited opinions on Israel]

Looks like mark bagley.

Man, Angela was such a disappointment. What got me the worst were the occasional brief flashes of something that seemed like it could be amazing, like the brief encounter in the last chapter between Leah and Loki, since it made the rest of it feel all the more wasted.

Also really disliked Sera when she got all meta in general, despite not minding her when she was actually Mephisto.

Dust, Isaiah Bradley, His grandson Patriot, Simon Baz, That french Batman guy...

Laura went full autismo with Dust.

The thing is with characters like Weopon X, Spider Man, and Hulk... the accident could literally have happened to anyone.
Its not as if Peter was the chosen one (despite what Ultimate comics say) Anyone could've been bitten. Anyone could've been hit with gamma rays (though few could survive)
Anyone could be trained to physical perfection and become a Batman.

Honestly, the copies of superheroes seem like something a kindergartener might do.
>haha im Batmans son/daughter. So im exactly like Batman!
>im the Things girlfriend! So im exactly like the Thing!
>im a clone!
No wonder the Reskins are made for the youth.
Really makes one think.

I still think Laura would've been decent Wolverine if she was written in character.

An in-character Laura wouldn't have wanted to be Wolverine though.

It's questionable if Isaiah or Elijah Bradley are Muslim, though Josiah X is Nation of Islam. You're also leaving out Monet St. Croix and Faiza Hussain.

Sam's fun
Kamala's biggest achievement so far was being described as Jerkoff Hands
Miles is just chocolate Spider-Man

Sure, 'cause she would've filled her own niche. Make her just adopt the name "Wolverine" to honor Logan, but keep her own costume and general personality. Have some kind of scene to show she's her own thing instead of just being Logan.

>Rando bad guy has Laura pinned against the wall
>Rando bad guy: You're just some little girl. Logan would've come at me like a damn tornado by now. You think you can just take his place and BE him?
>Foot claw comes out, stabbing him
>Laura: I do not.
>Laura capitalizes on the surprise and takes him down

Something like that, I dunno.

>Rando bad guy has Laura pinned against the wall
>Rando bad guy: You're just some little girl. Logan would've come at me like a damn tornado by now. You think you can just take his place and BE him?
>Laura: I do not.
>*teleports behind Rando*
>Laura: It is not a matter of personal import... child

Lamest-ass shitiest ass-pull of a character. Absolutely has no legitimate purpose to exist rather than being a jerk-off material for horny virgins.

>Sam's fun
No he isn't.

Man you can't mock the idea of Wolverine and X-23 being tryhard edgelords when they're already tryhard edgelords by their very concept. I love both of them, but they are.

It's also weird that Miles being black spiderman is supposed to be a big deal when he isn't even the first black spiderman.

Why couldn't they just let Bruno be Kamala's Mary Jane?

I don't like Damian either. I'm guessing I'd have less of a problem with him if he just wasn't born to die and had more of his own kind of deal.

Since then he's just been riffing off what every bad thing Batman's sidekicks have gone through, other than actually being biologically related to him. Then again, it's been a while since I've Batman stuff.

But user, she makes meta jokes ALL THE FUCKING TIME. This makes her super-original and funny, right? Right?

Right?

>he isn't even the first black spiderman
Who was?

He should have died with the Ultimate universe.

If this isn't a shopped then screw whoever wrote this. As a long time reader of comics this retconning to make Pepper Potts more than what she originally was is an insult to the Stark character.

The character concept? Definitely.

Which is why the brilliant artist-writer combo should have been given better material to work with.

He's about as fun as watching a dumpster fire.

Gotta get that movie synergy, brah.
Didn't you see how epig Pepper was in Iron Man 3?
She totally saved the day

Sorry, but you get the idea.

>heroes being replaced

She didn't replace anyone though. Carol is still around and prominent.

Bruce needs to go away and Dick needs to become Batman.

Hobie Brown, a.k.a The Prowler wore the spidersuit for a while.
IIRC he was the first

>Pepper is so awesome because -- she IS so awesome. I think she's just so awesome because she doesn't try to be awesome. She -- she knows a thing or two about a thing or two and she talks the talk while she walks the walk. And that's -- that's just, like, so awesome. Like so awesome because it doesn't try to be awesome.

Does that really count though? He wore it like once and it was only to fool Peter's friends and family, the next time he wore it Miles was already around.

He was Jason Todd all over again, right down to the dying and resurrection.

Unfortunately, it's real. Unsurprisingly, it's written by Bendis so nothing new.

Difference is that Damien is at least interesting in some way. I mean, there is a reason everyone voted to kill Jason.

To be honest, I find her hit-and-miss. What I REALLY like is when she realizes that the people around her aren't tropes and characters, and that things won't always go her way.

I know it goes against the point of the character and story, but her having to face the consequences and being sad makes her a lot more interesting.

A black guy put on the spidersuit, called himself spiderman and did spiderman shit.
That sounds close enough to me.

>everyone
It was one guy that voted multiple times to tip the scales.

It'd be perfectly fine if it was a lead-in to Riri discovering her hero worship is based on her perceptions of Pepper rather than who Pepper actually is. Have Riri show up expecting a kickass team-up only to find a harried Pepper ignoring her in favor of running a multinational corporation before berating Riri for running around playing superhero as a fifteen year old.

At the end of the issue Pepper shows up at Riri's house, apologizes for her outburst, then starts yelling at Riri's mom for letting a teenager run around in powered armor fighting supervillains.

But that's like you just throwing on a cop's uniform and then arresting someone, you're not *really* a cop, you're just dressed like one.

I'll concede the point there.
But Miles being black still isn't a big deal by any stretch of the imagination in the MCU.
Especially when there are mutants getting gassed to death right next to him.

That's way too much to hope for.

Sam can stay. I wouldn't mind if the other two disappear. Sadly it will probably the opposite.

Almost every single fucking female superhero character ever

I like both those things

Sam gets more hate than he deserves,yeah he's no Richard rider but he's hardly a terrible character,his constant need to keep trying even after resounding failure San terrible fortune just make him relatable,his only real flaw was all the focus on "muh dad" never let his personality flow,with focus on Rider again I trust hopeless to show what Sam can be when not focusing on fixing his shitty life

Da Costa is Ewings husbando and a Mary Sue,can't stand him

>Sam gets more hate than he deserves
Do we browse the same Sup Forums? Sam hate hasn't really picked back up until recently when Rich returned, the love for the character heavily outweighs the hate.

I like Sam in the new Nova ongoing.
He and Dick make a nice duo.

When did Marvel make Han Solo a character?

When did Disney buy both Star Wars and Marvel?

I really wish we could see Rich picking up the pieces of his life and try to settle his fight with Thanos rather than watching him baby sit some kid he had never met before

>work at drivethrough
>bunch of kids come through
>clearly see spiderman mask in back of car
>it all clicks
>dont bother doing anything with this information because im stoned off my ass
just another day

>Kamala is the best new character introduced in years
Carnage-man