What would be some good comics to read for someone who liked Sandman, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Hellboy, Fables, etc.?

What would be some good comics to read for someone who liked Sandman, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Hellboy, Fables, etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry_(comics)
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

most anything by Moebius, such as Blueberry, Airtight Garage, Incal

What would you suggest as being the better introductory works? Or is it really fine to just start from any of them?

Doom Patrol, The Question, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Lucifer

You might like Kieron Gillen's Journey Into Mystery. I didn't find it quite on par with Sandman's best, but I did really enjoy it and felt like they had similar vibes.

Oh, right. Forgot to mention that one, I read it right after Sandman. Good stuff.

I don't think it matters. Blueberry is a single story (based on real event), Airtight Garage starts as improv surreal and ends tying up the loose ends , mostly.
I'd also suggest European comics, such as the scifi Wake, and Kerascoet's (darkish) works. There's also the Bone series for fantasy adventure.

That ought to be very useful, thank you.

The Books of Magic

shade the changing man
atleast till issue 50

>Blueberry is a single story
My bad I meant "Blueberry, Fort Navajo", it's the first of a long series, but complete in itself.
See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry_(comics) and (I don't think all got officially translated in English) and fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry for French readers

>I raed matchoor comics I um to gud for them supahero funny books my brain strong me only read comic for boring peepo

You seem upset about something.

I'm "upset" at pretentious faggots coming to this board and pretending they're better than everyone because they don't read DC or Marvel. It doesn't make you cool, it makes you a piece of shit virtue signaling how "into" comics you are because you refuse to like superheroes. Stop wasting board space and fuck off to some other shithole.

>I don't think all got officially translated in English
Don't know if they're official but here's what I've got.

Why is it that you take someone asking for reccomendations to be "pretending they're better than everyone"? Nothing prior to your very own post implied anything of the sort.

>because they don't read DC or Marvel
You're aware that Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and Sandman are DC, right?

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you slap together a Mega or something?

Apaches in the Lieutenant Blueberry cycle by Dargaud, 2007/10, ISBN 9782205060799 according to wiki was not translated
and your last, Young Blueberry "Demons o..." I can't find, maybe it''s Missouri Les démons du Missouri (Novedi, 1985/09, ISBN 2803900262) the wiki has the translation as canceled

I can assure you it's not virtue signalling at all, superhero comics are just absolutely everywhere in the hobby (finding a comic shop that isn't 90+% cape comics is hard) and that seriously sucks if you're not interested in them. They're so ubiquitous you literally can't even ask for recommendations for non-hero fantasy comics without an idiot like you coming in to complain about "pretension" for the gall of not sucking Stan Lee's dick for flooding the market. I don't look down on people who like hero comics - just not my thing - but I'm getting progressively less tolerant of whiners like you.

>OP expresses no opinions about capes at all and simply asks for recommendations based on what they already like
>waah pretentious faggot you hate my capeshit fuck off
This board is for all comics and cartoons of western origin. You're the only one being a faggot here. Why don't you recommend some cape comics you think they might like?