FREAK

The Boys is such a juvenile series
It's like Stickdeath: The Comic

WUZ

STAND HERE AND

Favorite team arc?
Favorite overall arc?

TekKnight is to good for this world.

I can't understand why Ennis hates Wolverine so much. You'd think a brooding loner type like him would be right up Ennis' alley.

Ennis hates short guys.

I think Ennis hates Wolverine's repression
He's got literal knife fists and he exists in a PG-13 world marketed to children

But he's not of Irish descent.

Neither is Frank.

Ennis hates superheroes in general

At least it's not completely autistic, like his hatred of Captain America. Fuck off, Garth, you didn't even serve, who are you to speak for soldiers?

Since when does Ennis hate Cap?

I'm no Cap fan, but you'd think a guy with a hard on for ww2, would understand how important the character was to Veterans. The character was made by one as well.

He likes Superman. Heck, he even writes Superman really well.

Ennis is a cunt; "Oh, soldiers & cops are trained to handle shit! Supers are just rich asshole who werck everything!"

Bitch, you think a major (tho fictional) corp like Vought-American would spend billions creating Supes and then just blindly throw them into action and hope that they didn't all get killed, or worse, get a whole bunch of innocent mouth-breathers, uh, consumers killed too?

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the things in "The Boys", but the problem with the main conceit has lurked at the back of my brain until an user in one of the last storytimes brought it up. Especially since V-A wanted to get supes into the military (probably in a form not unlike The Boys themselves).

Most writers who tend to write superheroes in a cynical light tend to write Superman with respect and compassion.

Mark Millar is another one of these writers.

It doesn't make any sense to me either. Despite him hating most capes aside from Supes and Wonder Woman, he can write them really well. He even writes Daredevil really well, despite being a Catholic and Ennis hating religion.

That's because he's a good writer. You don't need to like something to be good at writing it.

The thing you need to understand that in-universe everything that Vought-American makes is complete and utter crap. They're good at playing the corporate game and selling their product, it's just what they make either falls apart or is dangerous for whoever uses it.

yeah but you think after a certain point every would just stop buying from them if all the stuff they make is shit

That's why they've basically entrenched themselves into the government to get those sweet government contracts. The supers were actually fairly profitable due to all the marketing and they had Vic the Veep on their chessboard as a puppet so they could finally start using supes for government work.

Do you even corruption? If you can limit the public knowledge about your failures, no one will care.

>you didn't even serve, who are you to speak for soldiers?
yeah man and while we're at like who are all these fucking scientists curing diseases that haven't killed them? What do they know?

have you ever looked at the companies they're parodying? The US military industrial market is FULL of bullshit companies making superfluous or outright inferior product and paying people to buy their garbage so that they can continue to have the cred to make more garbage. Sure, common sense would say their business model doesn't work, but that doesn't actually stop them just like in real life.

What the fuck was his problem?

He just thinks the X-Men in general are ridiculous and mocks the style of writing used for them.

He generally doesn't think well of including superheroes in war. It's similar to Pat Mills' similar disdain shown in Marshal Law.

What I don't understand is how people here think that if you write a story that has a negative take on something, it must mean you hate that something. A writers job is to tell a good story, he should be able to write outside his own personal biases, and Ennis is a good writer. People that autistically screech at him because he " hates muh Captain America" are really just making fools out of themselves.

Ennis has gone on record saying he hates superheroes. Keep being obtuse though.

>superduper arc
>just a bunch of teens who actually want to be heroes
>most of their powers are shit
>Malchemical nearly kills them and Hughie

The ending of this series was such shit.

I mean the last cover for The Boys was superheroes going into a toilet so its to be expected

He's gone on record enumerating the specific reasons he dislikes Captain America, and they're really stupid.

Is it the little wings on his head? Those are kinda dumb.

Get out.

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHH

What is that? Sonic?

>tfw ywn teach Stool Shadow what to do on her knees

>everyone dies
>Vought American is barely affected
>faith in supers is shattered yet supers are still seen flying around

At least the protagonist gets a happy ending. That's something pretty rare for an Ennis comic.

I dunno about that. I know Mauve can take it, and she's about Stormfront level supe. But if Hughie and Starlight end up having a Homelander tier baby, it might not end well for them...

>having kids

wew

Starlight's already a super, I think she'd be able to handle a superbaby. You probably won't end up with Homelander-tier genes if the father's just a normal guy.

True. But Starlight was born a supe, and Hughie was injected with Compound V AND drank some of Mother's Milk's Mother's Milk. Their kid might inherit some boosted V off of both of them, and who knows?

At the end they said that they should adopt what's with all the serum in their system.

*leaps away*

this

Did Stool Shadow even have any powers? Or did they let her into the group because they felt bad?

What is the "gonna" catchphrase parodying about Wolverine?

Not a big comics fan, couldnt afford them in my youth. Most of the references in The Boys went right over my head.

She was a shit Kitty Pryde. The joke was that she thought she could go through walls, but couldn't. That's why she looked beat-up. Most likely she was just crazy, like the rest of super-dupers.

It's lolsorandumb bullshit, as expected from a juvenile hack like Ennis.

It's sounds like it's referring to wolverine in the sense that he's always about to murder the fuck out of the thing in front of him but given the universe he's in he can never be quite as violent as he's written to sorta be.

This results in this short pile of always almost going to kill, don't think the specific word "gonna" holds any meaning beyond that.

>Vought American is barely affected
Their CEO is effectively broken as a man and it essentially poisoned the well for what was their main breadwinner.

"bub"

>tfw everything you've worked for your entire career will just end up as yet another example of how Vought fucked up through incompetency
>tfw that's obviously the Deep

If The Boys ever gets made into a series, it could be completely shit as long as The Deep line ends up there.

I don't think he hates Wolverine at all, just finds him silly

yeah, it's not like he does all that much, but ever once Ennis seemed to work out what his personality was, I've had a bit of a soft spot for the Deep

Later in that book he gets shot in the balls and run over by a steamroller.

That's a pretty based line for wolvie, thanks Ennis

Ennis hates ALL SUPERHEROES with a burning passion. Even Superman, supposedly the one he likes, is pretty dumb in Hitman. The others are all sociopaths, thugs or morons or get treated like dirt, as when he had Spider-Man get beaten to a pulp in Punisher for cheap laughs.