This is going to bomb in the US, isn't it?

This is going to bomb in the US, isn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=7BcG14OSB-k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRfnevzM9kQ
youtu.be/c64K85QaUTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did Sing?

Anything, so matter how shitty, can succeed with pop culture references, theater tie-ins, and a monstrous advertising budget.

that's why Sing made such as much money as it did

Does "Rock Dog" have any of those? I'm getting "Ratchet and Clank" vibes from it instead.

of course not

Lego Batman is already about to be crushed by 50 shades this'll do fine maybe come in second after Get Out

dude follow your dreams lmao

>Get Out

I can't believe this was directed and written by Jordan Peele.

isnt that one of the cadillac cats?

obviously

look at that cast

box office cancer everywhere

What is this, like Chinese or something? This really has a foreign feel to it so it'll have to overcome that. Look at The Great Wall's BO numbers if you don't believe me.

Also, this is the first in hearing of it, so I'm thinking they might not have done such a great job with marketing? Dunno, but I don't have super high hopes.

what is this, a poster for ants? also all those cars in the background are exactly the same

The wolves are essentially mafia. Their cars are supposed to match.

>Get Out

I really don't want to sound like a faggot, but I will: I hate the very idea of the movie, and fuck Peele for making it. People want to defend it as satire, but it's obvious what it's doing, and it pisses me off. Fuck him, and fuck anyone involved in that garbage.

it doesn't have Rooney Mara so it's not all box office poison

poor Kubo

Colorful animated family flicks tend to always make money. Even Norm of the North made money.

>Get Out
What is that?

They have little numbers on them

The movie makes fun of white liberals' obsession with black people. It's not like what the trailer makes it look like at all.

I appreciate that they just have two passengers, but they swap who's sitting where to make it less obvious.

youtube.com/watch?v=sRfnevzM9kQ

I-it looks like it could be fun, if a little generic

I wanna fuck that dog

So is Rock Dog from Peru or Tibet? And why am I supposed to care about him learning to Rock? Clearly he's going to learn how to rock & Angus will learn how to either be more creative or how to loosen up. It's just Zootopia with music & they already made THAT shitty movie too.

>like Chinese or something
Yeah, it's Chinese. The really sad part is there was some sort of feud with the creators of the movie and a large theater company and, out of pure spite on the theaters 's part, they refused to air the movie and caused it to fail.

oh i didn't notice the license plates but i was trying to point out the wolves. every car has the same two wolves just with their seats switched.

>And why am I supposed to care about him learning to Rock?

Because he's young and has a dream and stuff.

A Chinese movie about a young boy who defies his parents to leave for America to achieve his true dream based on a capitalist society that promotes saying what you believe in & being your own person? This sounds highly irregular...

Maybe u r triggered

Go back to Skyloft you fucking coke fiend.

>zootopia
>shitty
looks like someone needs to spend some more time in the magical world of Disney

SEIZE HIM

The movie is, technically, American. It was made in US by Reel FX.

>they set up and show the end to all the conflicts in the trailer again
fuck this trend

I meant Sing. Sing was shit was American Idol with animals & light watercolor rubbings from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Because he has magical powers and learning to rock will lead to him becoming a powerful bard mage.

This even bombed in China where this was made.

And Lionsgate wants to bury this because they worked with FUNimation on re-releasing the original Ghost in the Shell on theaters.

If you want an Asian animated movie, just wait for Your Name. - Kimi no Na wa. to come out in the US. Even the Chinese loved it and they would rather watch that anime movie rather than this awful literal Chinese cartoon.

It wasn't made in China. It was financed by China. There's a difference. If anything, they hated how Americanized it was.

Anyways, if you want an Asian animated film, Your Name. - Kimi no Na wa. will sate your fix.

Someone posted a theory that the white people are actually ultra liberal and are kidnapping black people so that they can put their brains inside them and become black people.

Which to be honest, sounds a whole lot more interesting than "Oh man, look at all these white people that are really racist." It takes the whole "You only care because of my skin color" thing and runs in the opposite direction.

Of course that won't happen, because fuck originality.

Fuck your anime shit.

The commercials feel like a bootleg of Kubo.

who else sees it

I havent seen it but how?

see

Sing had the benefit of huge marketing and brand recognition.

I've just seen passing trailers for this and maybe like one TV spot.

It bombed because they pissed some people off in China or something.

The twist is that she lives in 1986 and he is living in 2016 or something like that, isn't it?

Not exactly. She lives in 2013 but he lives in 2016.

Wow. That's way more boring.

>Sing
Sing was pretty decent though

>This is going to bomb in the US, isn't it?
Define bomb, it looks cheap

Isn't this that meme anime movie that stole its plot from Sup Forums?

It looks like shit.

I watched Your Name. - Kimi no Na wa. and it had very little resemblances with Keit-Ai but had a similar concept of a long-distance relationship between them.

Keit-Ai was just a homage to Shinkai films, and Your Name. - Kimi no Na wa. just happened to be a Shinkai film.

>monstrous advertising budget.
This film sure as shit isn't getting one

Is this gonna be the next new dead meme?

Is anyone going to talk about the whole laser-shooting thing?

i will watch it for this boy

Honestly Bodi is so cute that I can't tell if I would lewd him or not

it already bombed in China

because of some petty quarrel.

How can something that looks like this be acceptable for modern theatrical releases?

gay

Looks cheap and generic. I hope it flops.

I think they were going for a smooth stucco finish, but they didn't add enough depth to the texture, so it looks like they forgot to put on a texture at all.

Not helped by the fact that its made out of Cylinders and other primitives.
Thats fine for a random house down the street, but not for something featured center screen.

What the fuck?
Didn't we just get a rock fox movie?

Western animation industry needs a crash. It's becoming too mediocre to handle.

i heard about kung fu pandas.

but nothing about rocking foxes.

why are yo so buttbothered by what looks to be a good race based thriller?

Zootopia set new standards.

still, some characters look cute.

>it's not straight sex if she looks like a boy

javascript:quote('90046319');

she's so plain she looks like a guy.

isn't it a Chinese production?

From the thumbnail, I thought this was about Hong Kong Phooey, somehow.

>I was not alive in the 90s
>Clearly, this is a boy.

Rock Dog's budget is less than half of what Zootopia had. Stop being so damn judgmental.

Oh fuck Matt Dillon is in this? That's unfortunate.

You don't need money to make a movie not suck dick, what are you getting at?

When the movie is made in America, and not animated by Japanese animators who barely get paid slave wedges, then yes, you do need money.

>never stop,even when the girl says STOP DON'T RAPE ME ANYMORE I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE

Wow

Don't ever insult Rock Dog like this ever again.

hngg foxes

More like 1/4 because Zootopia had to be reanimated from scratch 6 months before deadline.This surely coated extra.
RD costed like 60m - comparable to the Lego Movie's budget.

Here are some more of the wolves featuring Kenan Thompson and Lewis Black.

youtu.be/c64K85QaUTk

I like his wolf partner. I don't think he says a word in the entire movie, but even during the Chinese trailers, he was my favorite of the wolves. All of the other wolves are generic clones.

plenty of clones there.

And your point is?

oh you party pooper.

She has literally the same amount of screentime as the goat drummer, but the US marketing hasn't promoted the goat drummer at all. Face it, she only got promoted because she is literally the only female character in the movie.

Is the OST out?

Honestly from that trailer, it looks kind of good. I guess we will see. Looks cute.

But something has already soured this movie for me a tad.

My dumb niece can't stop copying that cat's voice. Every time that damn fucking commercial comes on Cartoon Network she goes "YOU GOHTA BE KIDDEN MEH" like the cat. It's driving me nuts and I've got to watch after her all weekend including tomorrow. Plus now she wants to go see it.

Sing was cute user.

Your niece will grow up to have a terrible taste in furry men.

Please stop promoting this garbage.

I'm scared user, what can I do to stop this?

just get her to watch the classics

In best case scenario you can get her to read stuff like wuffle with positive rolemodels and she'll fix herself and get on the right path before the teenage hits, but once someone develops a subconcious affinity for the slim asshole rockstar archetype it rarely breaks before it is far too late.

I'm not giving my niece furry fodder

I'll just not take her to the movie. That fixes it. She's just copying the "funny white kitteh on the TV". She's no furry.

The funny thing is that they are trying really hard to portray the whole 'kidnap and brainwash black people to serve as wageless employees for rich white people' when there are lots of people in the USA who will see the movie and think that it's not such a bad idea.

Could work but it might be pretty risky.
She might think you are suppressing her and that shit is dangerously potent fuel for teenage rock rebel thing.

FROM THE COUNTRY THAT GAVE YOU LIVELEAK DEATHS AND COUNTERFEIT EGGS

So basically they ripped off the Koreans that we licensed a remake from

ahahaahahahahahahahah

Kevin James is in EVERYTHING these days

This is future Walmart bargain bin fodder for sure.