Futures End Badly

Where were things supposed to go with this? Nothing changed, Earth-2 kept being it's own series back on Earth-2.
- Fifty Sue doesn't stop the apocalypse & literally tells everyone else in her bullshit family to just accept it and shut up.
- Faraday just fucks off & leaves, never to be seen again.
- Someone comes after Mercy, but we'll never find out who.
- No one takes Jason Rusch being locked in sensory deprivation hell for two weeks as a problem at all or even thinks its fucked up.
- We have a new Guardian, but stop looking at him, we need to focus on Tim Drake.
- Why did everyone just stop superheroing? This was not explained well in the main story at ALL.
- Stormwatch being relegated to getting shit on...AGAIN.
- Why is everyone pretending Brainiac is such a huge problem, when he's apparently THIS easy to defeat Brainiac-Prime?
- Why is Mr. Terrific a GIGANTIC shit?
- They all go back in time again, fail completely & don't think any of it through.
- Why we gotta shit on the Key?!

It was a terrible event. Ignore it because DC sure as hell is.

What happened to fifty sue anyway? Was she only born in the future's end doomed timeline? Seems like she should be powerful enough to magic her way to the main universe when shit goes bad.

Like 52 was WONDERFUL, Countdown...effective but didn't actually build on anything other than "That Crisis is HAPPENING!" & Trinity just sort of made its own ideas on what it thought was cool & now THIS? You took a whole year to sell me THIS?

Or to just fix the universe she lives in if anything. You have now used more brainpower than the people running things. Most of her powers are ONLY limited by HERSELF, despite the inherent danger of her own limitations, which is ALMOST interesting, but she only cracks like ONCE & its so she can sob quietly and go Muh Mommy! She only does things to entertain herself & apparently didn't think "Not living on Brother Earth" wasn't a shitty idea. This is the problem when you create a character with no weaknesses & unlimited power.

Wasn't the only thing that had any real impact that came out of this was Tim Drake becoming Batman Beyond?

Seemingly, yes & they could've just made that a special where dying Terry (or dying Batman) just comes back & tells Tim to do it. Even worse, it's ALSO alternate Tim, so it doesn't even matter. Also Tim only ends up there because he BELIEVED that Brother Eye would TOTALLY just send him back home because he's cool like that. Maybe don't believe the evil robot is suddenly cool.

I guess it was part of the earth 2 status quo change. But no one cares about that and they could have just found Telos without any of that bullshit.

I think it may have originally been meant to have more impact but at some point they decided to do away with it.

IIRC it had some bits of all the Daemonite subplots being set up in the early New 52 titles that ended up being dropped as well.

Yes but also after nobody liked that they eventually just switched to Terry anyway.

Convergence made even less sense to me:
Step 1: Kidnap everyone for an entire year based on something your boss said.
Step 2: Force everyone to fight on Not Battleworld or their city will die.
Step 3: You CAN just give up or not fight & you lose, but no one gets blown up until Telos actually like gets there & checks it off a list.

And then Dr. Strange Skeletor shows up & manages to undo the power of a god-robot by just magicking a little bit & everyone seems confused how Skartaris got there (HE IS the PLANET!) And then they rewrite Crisis WITHOUT JUST SHOWING THEM DO IT!

At least some of the two parters were good.

I'll definitely agree! It was literally a bunch of cherishable time capsules that were WONDERFUL! Bring back Captain Marvel SURE! Show us an Aquaman that is confused & angry at a world that can't live with him? YES! Mera gets over Aquaman being dead & kills another Aquaman to help? THIS IS GREAT! Infinity Inc. that actually look like kids? YOU ARE SELLING IT! But the main story tried to retcon things in the LAZIEST way & all we got out of it was a NewEarth2 & a sad, sad Native American Robot-Earth-Man. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Zero Hour, but at least we got STARMAN out of it!

Can Dan Jurgens stop bringing bs stories into the DCU? Thanks.

It wasn't even an event. It was just a weekly

I liked his work on Booster Gold, Vol. 2 Because it went so wacky & crazy like DC's Quantum Leap (or Legends of Tomorrow except easier to swallow), but he murdered DC Events for years!

New 52 had less events than pre flashpoint, the preflashpoint was of plotholes and edge and crappy chatacters.

Because 52 & Countdown weren't events in and of themselves?

Trinity War was just long setup for Forever Evil, which I thought was decent enough & I havent gotten into the Darkseid War or Godfight yet.

Yeah, the entire thing felt pointless in the end. DC is never making another weekly like 52 ever again.

Yeah.

The set up of rebirth leads to whatever's next. I don't think pre flash point will come back. Maybe something else.

Futures End was fucked over because of a couple of thing:

1. DC decided to do DC You, meaning outside of Earth Two: Society/Batman Beyond, there would be no way for the fall-out to play out

2. Geoff Johns turned his nose up at referencing Future End/Earth Two/Worlds End in Darkseid War and flat out ignored EVERYTHING

3. Convergence went from filler to a mini-series that was supposed to be the 30th Anniversary Event celebrating Crisis On Infinite Earths/reset button being pushed to wipe out everything Morrison set up in Multiversity.

4. The fact that Earth Two crashed and burnt so badly after Robinson bailed on it, that DC basically said "fuck it" and decided to not follow up on any of the plot threads

5. The Future End One Off Event Month was a huge fucking sales disaster in that hardly ANYONE bought any of the main line's Future End one shots.

Future End was huge flop of epic proportion and hence why DC pretended it never happened, save for the books that were irrevocably tied to it and even they had it downplayed.

Even Countdown did not fucking suck as badly as Future End did.

>countdown
>effective
what

Future's End: I read the whole thing for free thanks to Sup Forums's storytimes and I still feel like I want my money back.

>Even Countdown did not fucking suck as badly as Future End did.

Countdown was more retarded than futures end storywise.

>Even Countdown did not fucking suck as badly as Future End did.
It absolutely did.

Hell, Futures End isn't the worst weekly DC was running at the time.

Have you forgotten Earth 2: World's End?

Convergence didnt wipe out anything but stated theres a second infinite mutliverse.

Morrisons 52 multiverse showed up again last month.

I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about. The last issue of convergence had past DC elseworlds changing into Morrisons multiverse

Countdown helped set up Death of the New Gods, which was THE part of Final Crisis, despite all t e confusing over-allegorical Monitor horseshit. I appreciated the Search for Ray Palmer, they helped redeem Jason Todd being an asshole for generally shit reasons, gave legit, acceptable origins for OMAC & the Great Disaster, even if it was at the cost of some Legionnaires & evil Mary Marvel at least meant that SOME part of Earth-S was still kicking somewhere.

BUT, they SHOT down Eclipso like NOTHING, started on the trend of "We need MORE Harley Quinn in this," totally blew up Pied Piper into a huge character for no reason and turned Captain Atom evil because "he got shot with an EVIL ray!"

I forgot about this event but I think i didn't read any of the tie ins
What was the plot of this shit anyway?

Faraday showed up after Future's End

Terry McGinnis has to stop the Terminator, but he does a shit job of it, since he's too busy sleeping with a new Plastique. Meanwhile, Mr. Terrific has become a douchebag Steve Jobs techlord & for some reason all the good superheroes quit or are busy. Ronnie Raymond abuses the hell out of his powers to get chicks & not eat at the cost of locking Jason Rusch in senso-dep for WEEKS. Superman wears a mask & is really sullen, but it turns out he just quit & its really Shazam pretending to help things out. Also, there's a HUGE subplot where everyone from Earth-2 came to Earth-Prime because of Darkseid & Darkseid fucked up the Earth & EVERYONE hates Earth-2 people for no good reason & Cadmus is secretly kidnapping all their superheroes to create a REALLY annoying omnipotent little girl. Also they pull the same twist they came up with Pre-FP of "What if Brainiac was actually run by a cooler, BIGGER Brainiac & the others were all fake" when they reveal an even BIGGER, even EVILLER Brainiac, who tries to drive Metropolis off the earth like a motorcycle. Then Terry fucks up & lets Brother Eye take over the world by accident & dies. In the end, Tim Drake becomes Batman Beyond Two: The Legend of Curly's Gold & uses the last of his time goo to go back in time & stop Brother Eye from existing, but Brother Eye is like "OH! I was a HUGE shit, my bad! I'll not do that AND I'll send you back to your girlfriend even!"

TURNS OUT, the evil robot was lying because he's a liar & Tim finds out he's stuck in Terminator future. They also gave EVERY book out a Futures End tie-in, half of which were just "logical future ending to this book" & the rest were mildly tied into the plot.

Also their big way of saving the Earth is: FUCK Earth-2 & let them ALL die.

>All that shit

>They also gave EVERY book out a Futures End tie-in, half of which were just "logical future ending to this book" & the rest were mildly tied into the plot.

To be fair, these were the best part of the whole thing

The Grayson one was great.

So.. Brother Eye IS eventually going to Borg the whole planet or did Terry ACTUALLY stop it?

This plot point was wrapped up in Batman Beyond as Tim finally stopped Brother Eye but the past was still fucked up.