doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE
youtube.com/watch?v=5ga6CwyKvr8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Grand Finale of Fatal Death: Even More Death Yet Again
/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
LAST EDITION: PARTY TIME (cont'd)
=====

It's the end, and the moment has been inadequately prepared for! For just over two months now we've been slowly progressing through /who/'s epic Shit Trips: Volume 2 anthology. There have been comfy reviews, laughs, and even a smidgen of artificial drama. But now it's over. The evil is defeated. May all of your trips be shit. But remember, before Volume 2, there was Volume 1...

TODAY'S STORIES:

>Thrice Upon A Time
By Neo (audio available: youtube.com/watch?v=HjFi_IPYPJU)

>The Soul Bug Finale: State of Grace
By Catharticspurious

>The Healer
By Rachael Riley

>And The Clock Strikes 13
By Gallifrey_Immigrant

>Framing Story Part V: A Land of Fictions
By Gallifrey_Immigrant

>Iu
By Aee Ie

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Previous 3 Posts:
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89870142/#89870225
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89693585/#89693641
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89548017/#89548194

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

Neos feedback:

Wonder when we'll next have a "monster invades London" episode. The last one was Death in Heaven right?

will the Axons meme magic work

clayton hickman and gareth roberts are human filth

the rainbows on jodie's new costume confirm the doctor is gay!!!

Why, what have they done?

check last thread, they were throwing a fit over the new tardis design and being very toxic

What's so filthy about that?

>very toxic
Isn't that reserved for being actively nasty towards people, rather than complaining about TV props? I mean, it's a bit obsessive to insist all the details of the door handle or whatever be exactly "right", but not really hurting anything by it as such

3rd doctor speaking chinese is kino

they were being toxic to people who suggested that they were overreacting

does Jo get better or will she be an airhead all the time

Everyone watch the Five-ish Doctors right now!

Jo being an airhead is part of the appeal. Like Jamie, she's incredibly loyal yet thick. I just liked the fact that she was the first "hip" modern companion who really felt like she came from her original time period.

She's never going to be as sharp as Liz or Sarah Jane, but if you don't like her in Season 8, she'll get a bit more savvy as her tenure goes on.

What's your favorite season, classic or new, that you feel is underrated?

Finally! I am no longer banned! I can post again! I'M FREE!!

jodies costume is better than capaldis first desu

cant wait for Jodies inevitable youtube who channel "dont forget to subscrieb..." with a blow kiss at the end

how did u get banned?

13's tardis console should double down on the 80's theme park look.

I liked what Series 9 was trying to do, and I liked what Season 18 was trying to do. They both had kind of choppy episodes, and their arcs were a tiny bit muddled imo, but i love them all the same

Not enough people give Season 11 the shake it deserves. Pertwee and Sladen are a comfy combo.

You have bad taste and you should feel bat about it

The Time Warrior and Planet of the Spiders are the only worthwhile parts for me. And even then, I like Spiders despite a number of glaring flaws.
Oh, and Death to the Daleks has some unintentional comedic value.

>he doesn't like invasion of the dinos

capaldi's original costume was boring, it didn't get good until listen once stuff like the holey jumper was added.

jodie's is already doctory.

Thinking about it now, were there any season long arcs on classic and nuwho that were successful?

I remember most of them not being executed well, at least at the top of my head

deal with it manbaby

i liked bad wolf

post yfw no doctor who for basically a year

>tfw they pull another 12 and the outfit revealed today only shows up like once or twice and then the rest of it is variants that are way more kino
>three years from now we'll post that original costume reveal pic and say "what the fuck happened to this original costume she only wore it like twice"

capaldi's arc were okay imo

its absolute kino

at least i have lots of unwatched classic era episodes

I think Bad Wolf was executed better than some people give it credit for. It was a bit of a deus ex machina in the end, but the space station turning out to be the one from before, and the events being the doctor's fault was a pretty big revelation to me. And the heart of the Tardis opening, after it being demonstrated in Boom Town, left a feeling that it was really connected to before. It's a pretty light arc, but that's kind of what makes it work.

rtd hurt the show by making his doctors wear such boring and normal outfits

a leather jacket, a generic suit.... like really? bottom of the barrel.

the doctor is an alien, he's supposed to wear weird stuff, basically all of them do that except for 9 and 10 for some reason.

Does anyone have any comments or questions about the framing story, now that book club is finished?

wait a second that coat

I wouldn't say hurt the show, but yeah the outfits were lame and not "doctor-like" in the slightest. Especially 9's

Neofags all let us rejoice,
For we love Christel Dee;
We've Claudia Boleyn and streams to go in;
Our home is fed by Sneed;
Our land abounds in Neo's gifts
I am, I don't know where;
In archives page, let every stage
Advance Neofag Fair.
Till the jannies get mad then let us sing,
Advance Neofag Fair.

9's personality kind of made up for the costume but 10 was basically the human doctor so that made the suits even worse.

She's incredible in Frontier In Space. Which is her third-to-last serial iirc.

Honestly though, whenever I look back at pictures of old companions, Jo sticks out as one off my faves and fills me with warm feelings. She's up there with Sarah Jane and Tegan

Until his hands wear out, our boss
Will spam :lul: in the stream;
To turn this plebeian thread of ours
Into every simmchad's dream;
For refugees from Reddit dot com
Remember our Neo is top dog
With courage let us all combine
Advance Neofag Fair.
Till the jannies get mad then let us sing,
Advance Neofag Fair.

Agreed. I said this in a previous thread but i'll pretty much say again that if i had to choose between one extreme and the other, i'd rather have something like sixies costume over nine's costume

Nilso baby I love you
Nilso baby lemme come and hug you
Nilso baby I love you
I sent an angel out
Just look above you
The stars in the sky say
Nilso baby I love you

I don't want a lot for Christmas
Shouts out Chuck, Chib, Jodie, Sneed
I don't care about the kino
Playing in the Cats12 stream
I don't need to post my wishlist
There upon the Amazon
/who/ Claus won't even make me happy
With a boxset from Peladon...

I just want to see Nilso
In a Series 11 cameo
Come on Nilso my boo,
All I want for Christmas is you (you, baby)

I honestly feel like S10 is very underrated. I think it's been the most tightly written series since S5. I liked Bill, I liked her dynamic with the Doctor, I liked the parallels between S8 and S10. I enjoyed the resolution for Missy and Twelve's character arcs, both together and individually. I think it sagged a bit with the Monk trilogy, the first five episodes were solid and the finale is arguably the best we've ever had. I don't think it gets nearly enough love.

Last Christmas
I gave Nilso my heart
But the very next day they deleted the thread.
This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to you on the Discord instead

Are you forcing down a new meme on us all?
It's the time that Senor Gato has a ball
Does he advise Freema to get braces?
Does he call all anons racist?
Can he relent from shitposts for a day?

So here it is, Merry Catsmas
He's forcing a new meme
Look to the next thread now
It's only just begun

Are you waiting for the stream to fill?
Are you sure your account is old enough to chat?
Does El Gato always tell ya
That Lil B songs are the best?
Then he's up to Celestia doing pirouettes

So here it is, Merry Catsmas
He's forcing a new meme
Look to the next thread now
It's only just begun

sixie's outfit is unironically kino

songcelery

Smile was pleb filter desu. People just got butthurt over the emojis.

I loved Series 10. It was the most consistent the show has been in a while now, and it got me back into the show and excited for the new Doctor after i kinda fell out of interest after series 8, which i'm really not a fan of.

t. normie. I hope Chibnall scares you out again.

It wasn't even a getting scared out of watching the show, i just got kinda bored which i'd probably attribute more to getting burnt out with the show i guess.

The only part I didn't like about Smile was the "Vardi are the indigenous people lul" ending. Rest was awesome. Nice, synthy soundtrack too.

Good! I'm glad to hear that. I think you should go back and watch S9 if you haven't.

>I think you should go back and watch S9 if you haven't.
Oh yes i watched it when it was new. I did enjoy it most of it and all, but it really didn't bounce me back into the show the same way that S10.

Basically that's what i was trying to say, but obviously i didn't convey my point well enough because some user then proceeded to call me a normie. Or maybe he was going to call me a normie no matter what, i dunno.

Yeah agreed. I think the early S10 episodes are underrated. People here act like they were S7 tier. But they were great imo.

You all niggers have such bad taste

no you

Ah okay good. I understand now. I have mixed feelings about S9 myself; I definitely don't revere it the way most of /who/ does.

No, it was nowhere near the mixed bag that S7P1 was. I don't understand that claim at all.

What's your favorite Doctor/companion/episode/series user?

series 10 was actually the best capaldi series. in a few years people will realize it.

Any critiques on how I handled the Framing Story of Shit Trips 2.5?

Series 10 was one of the worst seasons of Doctor Who ever how can you say that?

This scene is Kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ga6CwyKvr8

Certainly the most consistent. And with a tightly written arc too What Series 9 has going for it is mostly Heaven Sent.

I love this. pic related is also kino

nah

>Certainly the most consistent.
Consistently shit

We arent discussing series 2 user.

>What Series 9 has going for it is mostly Heaven Sent.
i think you mean every episode but Sleep No More

What don't you like about it?

I personally disagree, but i'm interested to hear your reasoning on why it's so shit in your opinion.

still weird knowing that at one point in time Husbands of river song might have been Peters last episode.

Series 10 is slightly less bad than series 2

Capaldino's first, series 8

Am I the only person who liked Knock Knock because it had David Suchet in it? If anyone else took the role of the landlord it wouldn't have been as good

RANK NU WHO NAO
9>5>8>6>3>1>4>7>10>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>oy-vey intensifies

Clara becoming more and more like the Doctor and finally breaking free from her earthbound life after her bf died was kino. The culmination of that arc leading to her death in Face The Raven is one of the greatest moments in New Who. It's a shame the impact of it is retroactively soiled by her Not Dying

She does die though.

Can't put it into words because I'm autistic
But I know shit when I see it

she comes and saves the day in twice upon a time and flies off with her diner tardis

5>10>8>1>9>3>6>4>7>2

>tfw watched sleep no more live when it came out with my friend who sometimes watches doctor who with me
god the amount of anger and embarrasment afterwards

It was boring and the ending was incoherent dogshite with music that didn't fit what was happening on screen, but I really liked the jumpscare with the VNA level dark eviscerated corpses

Yeah I know but it's a lot more poignant if she dies right then and there before the events of HB.

That said, I adore the Doctor talking to Clara in the diner in HB and the moment he plays guitar for her is one of the most memorable for me, and I play that guitar part occasionally, it's so good.

I like Hell Bent but I also think Clara's death would be more effective without it

Hell Bent really is a mixed bag, with much of it demonstrating what a master writer Moffat can be while at the same time showing how much he reaches for the happy ending, despite how much the narrative and plot fall apart because of it.

When I get down, I remember that the Leekley bible had the Doctor say "FIRE UP THOSE CRYSTALS, CARDINAL" to the disembodied Borusa ghost powering his TARDIS, and I honestly start laughing in real life.

Is it a happy ending, though? For Clara and Me, sure, but for the Doctor?

You're essentially trading the tragedy of Clara's death for the tragedy of the Doctor forgetting about her. I would never trade anything for that diner scene, though.

I feel there's quite a dark sorry to be told with the idea that Clara still dies... eventually. One day she will have travelled the stars without her Doctor for millennia, one day she will have seen it all. One day she will be burnt out. One day she will return to Trap Street. One day she will die.

But you're supposed to remember Davros had his eyes shut all that time and piss yourself laughing