Why is the Steven Universe crew filled with weebs who rip off scenes from anime?

Why is the Steven Universe crew filled with weebs who rip off scenes from anime?

They're not even references, they're blatant copy-paste sequences and frames. Hell, Beach City Drift's sole reason of existence is to shove in an episode-long Initial D "reference".

The only reason it's this popular on this board is because of cancerous waifufags, and nothing else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just another screenshot for further proof.

>What is a parody?

>le parody meme
It's a parody if it makes fun of it or does it in an entirely humorous way, this is just ripoffs of scenes from different anime.

There's parody, then there's copying scenes from anime. Even when Simpsons does references to movies the angles and sequence is different enough to be it's own thing.

Because it's shit show made for retarded tumblrinas? Not that hard to figure out.

Also fuck wan piss one of the worst shounens.

one piece invented crying
one piece invented sword fighting
is this what (you) want?

the containment thread is here

>one piece invented sword fighting
You're talking about this? That isn't One Piece

I honestly really hated the exaggerated crying in One Piece.
It was the worst aspect of the show.

Because people are finally realizing anime is the superior direction for TV animation and following it.

One Piece is arguably the most well-made shounen manga yet, I stopped reading it after the Timeskip because the pacing got horrendous, but it was kino all the time before that.

Well anime became much more popular in the generation when these folks were kids and in anime there's lots of references to other older anime which is where they might have picked up that practice.

I mean some japanese animators enjoy this show so maybe they see some of that in SU.

Neither of those two characters were the first nor will they be the last character to be looking down before looking up to reveal they are crying heavily

>one piece invented crying
Same situation
>one piece invented sword fighting
That isn't one pirece but same choreography
Sorry if your cartoon isn't original.

It's not well made at all. The first arcs are just retards crying all the time about their cliched backstories.

>shounen manga
Death note? Hunter x Hunter? Fullmetal alchemist?

>The first arcs are just retards crying all the time about their cliched backstories
You mean the first 39 episodes? You should keep watching buddy.

Here's a more obvious one.

I like HxH, but way too many hiatuses. One Piece was the only manga that made me feel invested in its stories and characters pre-Time Skip.

>One Piece is arguably the most well-made shounen manga yet
Fullmetal alchemist, Hunter x Hunter is better too.

>That episode where the crystal gems have to look for a serial killer gem who blended into society by stealing someone's face and pretending to be them
Just like that one anime

I'm sorry but I only watch good shows with not god awful writing.

Name 4 good shonens.

MATT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT FACE/OFF

Not him, but:-

>One Piece
>Hunter x Hunter
>Fullmetal Alchemist
>JoJo

>The blood dripping on the floor when he gets up.
>That split-second shot where you see his skinless face.
Good times.
Con air was better though.

Face Off is the most underrated Batman movie.

Boku no Hero's been pretty good.

The discussion at hand was that the guy didn't like One Piece, listing One Piece kind of defeats that purpose.

>Boku no Hero
Pleb.

Naruto until timeskip. Not even memeing.
Ranma 1/2
Dragon Ball
BNHA

This.
When a manga can make you cry over a fucking boat, that's some fucking top-tier writing.

>Steven Universe drinking game
>every time somebody cries take a shot

>die of alcohol poisoning

HxH, Baki, Azumanga daioh, Angel densetsu.

I've come to the realization that Naruto would have been way better as a fighting game first; then a manga. It's a fucking aces plot for a fighting game series, but on it's own, it's lacking.

>Ranma 1/2
>Dragon Ball
>BNHA
I hope that you aren't the guy that said "I only watch good shows with not god awful writing"
Also watch FMA (both) and HxH/Yuyu hakusho

>Watch
I've read FMA and it was fucking rad.

Gas the weebs.

Did you actually cry over that?

The stupidity of normal people never ceases to amaze me. So easily moved by dogshit forced writing.

You niggers argue over the dumbest things

user, This is a board about cartoons and capeshit.

HxH is the best.

What a dickhead

>normal people
>reading One Piece
>also forced writing

It was the culmination of the first time the crew was split apart by their own actions.

Anime copy scenes from Kung fu movies.

Also Simpsons doesn't have action.

Steven universe is just absolute shit all around. Once it's ended no one is going to ever speak about it on here.

Nigga I've lost count over how many times I've shed tears while reading One Piece.

You are retarded. One piece only makes me angry how people can get so easily manipulated by some fucking sociopathic chink in a sweat shop.

Sorry, did I miss out on a new hot Sup Forums meme where BNHA is somehow bad

It's not a total revolution in the genre but the characters are solid and the powers are fun. Getting me invested in a generic shonen protaganist is a seriously impressive achievement.

>being this autistic

Nigga stop having a broom up your ass, Oda is objectively a very good writer, so stop spreading your angry bullshit.

I can no longer tell if OP is trolling anymore. I'm starting to think that OP is really stupid. Like not fun lovable stupid but just stupid stupid.

OP come on man. Throw me a bone. I don't want to believe that you're this stupid.

Tfw when a kids show is based on one of the most gruesome horrific masterpieces of literary horror

>oda is a good writer

This is why you are retarded. This is why anime fans are thought to be retarded. Oda is literally a hack writer that uses every manipulative technique there is to make 10 year olds buy more of his shit and to rake up some cash.

What the fuck are you talking about

are you autistic?

If you think portraying emotion in a manga is manipulative than I don't know why you read comics or watch cartoons.

All medium is manipulative because it's trying to get you to care about what's happening even though it's fiction.

Stop being such a retard.

I'm sorry to pile on because it's probably not worth arguing, but there's no objectivity to that at all. I read up to Skypiea before I realized that the characters weren't going to suddenly become more compelling to me and that I didn't have to force myself through another thousand pages of silly pirate battles I didn't care about with a group of "friends" who just seemed to tolerate each other even that far in. Maybe it got better from there, but that was my limit.

Good on you if you like it, you're genuinely blessed to have so much content you love, but it's not the gospel of good writing.

No, just shitposting

It's obviously manipulative when they cry every episode for minutes at the time and retards STILL buy it say "how wonderful" it is.

It's a very simple concept idiot.

This is neither homage nor rip off. It's regurgitation. This is what they grew up with and know.

The annoyance you feel is like what every generation of music fans go through. The kids think their generation is hot and new and original, the parents know it's old hat and a cheap copy of their stuff. But it's what their parents thought too, and their parents' parents.

So look at the big picture and take a conciliatory view. If you're an anime fan, then see this as a affirmation of what you loved. If you're a cartoon fan, take solace in that the field continues to evolve and accept influences from other sources. Just let the kids have their thing.

G Gundam
Hnk not counting everything after Raoh
Kinnikuman
Dr. Slump

Just another proof how braindead these western cartoons are.

youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ

>I dislike X
>people are talking about X positively
>this upsets me
>"I know! I'll get worked up and call them names! That'll prove X is bad!"

Stop taking entertainment so seriously.

It makes me lose faith in humanity when a literal garbage show full of cliches and bottom barrel tier writing is so liked.

>stopping right before the best arc in the story

Shiggy diggy doo.

Because they are creatively bankrupt and their show is more focused on their agenda rather than good storytelling and animation?

Man, this thread is so negative.

We need to initiate a "Sup Forums is love" campaign so we can all feel the love.

Sup Forums is already gay enough. You fags need to toughen the fuck up and purge a bit of that tumblr influence.

>You fags need to toughen the fuck up
you're the one getting mad about kid's shows tho

I missed it when animators actually made original fluid animations for cartoons. I would say Ren & Stimpy as an example but it's forbidden here.

I'm not a fan of SU either, but you need to just accept that people are individuals with their own likes and dislikes. Shutting down dissenting opinions is what we have the media for.

I can hate them if I want faggot.

How about I knock you around a lil' bit?

>Boku no Hero's been pretty good.

Haven't read the manga but the anime was a 3/10 at best.

You don't have to be a cunt about it.

> when they cry every episode for minutes at the time

Oh, so you've never watched/read it.

Uhh, did you confuse One Piece with Steven Universe? The latter is where there is at least one character who is crying in literally every episode.

I want to, they are repulsive.

Do you ever realize that investing that much hate makes just as, or even more, cancerous than those whom you dislike?

I'm just taking a guess, but I think he meant battle shounen manga (which HxH does qualify as).

Your first example proves you wrong dipshit, stop trying to find reasons to hate soemthing you don't even watch,

It's not like Naruto, that actually traced an entire scene from the cowboybebop movie, they did this shit as a reference. Know what a homage is sparky?

Copying every detail about the choreography and themes isn't a homage, it's a ripoff.

What is a drop of truth in the sea of lies?

>now that's what I call edge.jpg

You realize that's the straw hats losing their home right? For sailors their ship is as important to them as family

>let me rip off this scene with a badly done animation and shit character design

LIEEEES

>Steven Universe in a nutshell

Zim?

Peridot is his equivalent (to a degree) in SU.

I highly doubt modern animators get inspired by real life.

god I hated this one the most
its not even just a reference its taking the entire plot of the episode
>MC finds old VHS tape that reveals the background to a mysterious main-character;s pats
they could of atleast added a twist or changed something to the plot but nope, its just the same thing.

>Skypia
It's a shame, user, you quit right before the best arc that is Water 7/Enies Lobby.

The best ongoing weekly, anyway.
Also the current arc is awesomesauce.
Sanji is forced into a political marriage between his family and Big Mom and the Strawhats have a thing to say about that.
This arc is heist, intrigue, politics, mindfuckery and exaggerated crying.
Hits all the points.

Trigger even referenced SU characters in crowd scenes.

I can't tell if we get references to shit like Ito and NGE because the staff appreciate them, or because they're just memes

Haven't the crew gone on record saying that if /anything/ looks like an anime reference then it probably is?

>One Piece gets good again
I'm a dub fag and we're about to hit the time skip soon. I've been told the quality takes a dip around this this time but it's cool hearing one positive opinion of things to come (way way) down the line.

The time skip was an odd time. The merman arc was intended to be a lot darker but the tsunami that hit Japan at the time made Oda reconsider the story making it feel muddled.

It was also around the time that Oda had realised that his story was only half complete and that the pace would have to speed up if he's to love to see the end.

It was definitely a rough transition period but I felt that he had found his rhythm again with the new pacing around Punk Hazard arc and onwards.

>he can't tell the difference between One Piece and Revolutionary Girl Utena
You're a hundred years too early to be posting in this thread.

>watching the anime
>ever
This is where you went wrong.
You read the damn manga like a civilised person, ffs!

You're not my real mom!