I KNOW THAT YOU MAY TAKE A WHILE, TO COME BACK AROUND

>I KNOW THAT YOU MAY TAKE A WHILE, TO COME BACK AROUND

>feeder.... come back around... i'm ricky gervais on XFM 104.9. with me.. stephen merchant.
>hellooo
>and the bald round headed twat, karl pilkington
>alright?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9IJEx5bP10&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

'ow do i know which one is me self?

were you a tall baby?

Childhood is idolizing Ricky and Steve
Adulthood is realizing Karl is right about pretty much everything

>PLAY A RECORD
>"Take me out tonight" starts playing

If you have poor fluid and crystallized intelligence, then yes.

So there's this really high-up-there doctor, alright? Performed hundreds of brain surgeries, all ended up fine and dandy
Turns out
He's a lil' chimp

best part was when steve said hello too soon

DAE Karl's a genius XD
Well never interrupt me when it's going that well.

To be fair I watched an idiot abroad and some of the shit he says does make sense in a weird kinda way. That being said, go kill yourself you faggot.

True adulthood is understanding that Ricky and Steve's cruelty and respect of Karl is what helps ignite 90% comedy and they would be far less interesting alone.

thinking of droppin that

>No one likes to make fun of an invalid
>
>
>
>

Series 0 and the Claire/Camfield episodes are still great

Heeeere's Radiohead

You'll grow out of your holier than thou atheist phase eventually user. If you're not a brainlet maybe you'll get there before you turn 20

It's like, when you see something and you do a double take... Steve Merchant.

Karl is a legitimate fool who thinks the world can get too heavy and a literal 1 year old would be a good mother because she'd grow up with her daughter

I'm fucked if I understand how anyone can look at that face without wanting to fatally embed their fist in it. Christ he's disgusting.

leave it steve

Super excited lads, It's almost 1st December.

My annual re-listen to the shows can begin again.

Ultra comfy Christmas incoming

>You'll grow out of your holier than thou atheist phase eventually user

unlike you with your "but I'm specially and ironically different from all the other atheists" phase amirite user
it's still a phase when you become an old man incidentally

>it's a Karl thinks he was in the right for only telling Steve about the voiceactor work a week later and not writing down the name
>it's a Karl gets mondays off episode

Karl is a genuinely wise person who lacks the education/upbringing to coherently express his ideas. If you stop taking everything that comes out of his mouth literally you'd get that but then again that can be hard for someone whose first language isn't english

>Super excited lads

Can't fault you there. Beating the gas for another year's something to be excited about.

It's hilarious how often he mentions that he thinks he's quite good looking when he looks like a gormless inbred

>its a switch to the podcasts stage of the re-listening to
>karl is noticeably more self-aware

Eventually you'll realise that there is more to religion than just le epic sky man who makes wishes come true only people dumber than myself believe in

>Karl is a genuinely wise person

No. He's a stupid cunt whose admirers feel self-conscious about their admiration for the stupid cunt and try to make out he's better than he really is.

>but I'm specially and ironically different from all the other atheists

yeh, like that

he thinks monkeys can speak and type and can rob banks. he couldn't comprehend the infinite monkeys on typewriters concept

>we were trying to think of what you enjoy and we came up with Manchester United and moaning
>I don’t know where you get the moaning thing from

(you)

If you were a manc slag and this cheeky little fella gave you a box of condoms you wouldn't refuse

>ello Kirsty

>alrite kirsty

t. sixteen year old german """intellectual"""

The podcasts that are just Ricky and Steve prompting Karl through his same old stories are insufferable compared to XFM. I'm lucky that I listened to them first, because that's the only way they can be enjoyed.
They get better when new content begins to emerge, but the magic is definitely gone. Things like Karl's diary are just way too contrived.

Karl Pilkington's the main reason I concluded British comedy's not all it's cracked up to be when measured against American comedy.

I never watched RGS, why did Karl stay in it if people unironically mocked him? I thought it was a character but people shit on him and you make it look like anything said in the show is for real and they are insulting him.

DONT TALK SHIT

I love how Karl claims to not be bothered that his hair is gone but then he says things like if he could go back in time he'd use a different shampoo and "it's not a style". Just look at how happy the wig made him.

TWICE

I mean it's a good looking wig.

Because it was easy money

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It takes serious effort ("tehy do'nt liek carl thay must be form GERMENY adn tryeing to luk like a intelecctuel etc") for an adult to make themselves feel better about liking him because at bottom they know how pathetic they're being.

But were they actually being cunts to the dude?

...eyes poppin out of their heads...Steve

(if you've got piss-poor standards)

Could you redpill me on why this dude is dumb according to you.

It's just banter man. He often gave as good as he got.

Was Connery wearing a wig back then? I thought he still had hair. Lovely movie either way.

>been listening to the XFM and podcasts on loop for years
>find out yesterday that I had missed series 5 and three of the "guide to" podcasts

>Could you redpill me

When the entropy comes I'll "redpill" you and anyone else I hear using that word.

Yeah but he was making enough money to live in london off like two hours of work every week

Also being a cunt to your mates is normal in anglo countries

>why didn't he look both ways?

he needed the money, and XFM management pressured him to stay (ricky and steve wouldnt do the show without him, and their show was the only one that increased in viewership on the entire station). he tried to leave a couple of times. the one time he tried to seriously leave, he had a mediation conference call (where they agreed only 1 head squeeze on air)

>Was Connery wearing a wig back then?

yeah, he'd lost the lot. here he is 15, maybe 16 years earlier

>They're going to crop up a bit more because they've got double the chance

>Yeah but he was making enough money to live in london like two hours week

Holy shit, that much?

Banter is the best when everyone's in and awful when it gets out of hand and it's just bashing someone. I would feel bad for him if he were just being practically bullied as some here seem to say.
Recently a spanish comedian called Risitas (The laughing old man (ISSOU)) who was really funny and had few teeth got a set of prosthetic teeth and because he lives in a region known for very heavy banter he got shit on by his "friends" until he ended up wanting to cry.

He should have just told them to seriously fuck off.

I imagine he also produced other shows for the station, except Ricky's was the only one he participated in. Plus whatever time he put into making his segments,

Fuck right off moron. Stop acting so pretentious when literally 99% of relevant scientist and philosophers are atheist, agnostic or deist. No one cares what you think because it doesn't matter. I hope you grow up out of your 24 year old after college phase of becoming slightly more conservative. You are nothing special and an easily mislead idiot.

what time is it in london, ricky?

I like carl because he's got a very realistic and practical approach to how he views the world

what time is it under all those bags full of yourself, ricky?

>right so ages ago right
>17th century?

well, there's a phoen call involved, so

If I shave that balding head, will you die?

There's a few points he makes also during the old podcasts that are bloody funny but if you really pay attention to what he's saying and ignore Ricky's kid disagreements you can actually see that in his own way Karl is kind of brilliant.

Get rid of em

It might 'urt a lot

>parrot's blood

It's so endearing that I'm not alone in listening to these compulsively still. The xfm shows are like a warm blanket.. I listen to them every night to doze off, which means theres always stuff I haven't heard in like a year..

If I heard the end of that feeder song (along with Molly's chamber - Kings of Leon) the intros just play in my head automatically

You have a small head.

>Take me out tonight
It's called Double-decker bus

Least i got a good pair o' eyes innit... Steve

UUUU

So there's this guy, right?

Works in an office and the supervisor is always gettin on his back, he's thinking "I can't be doin with this"

So one day he's behind on his paperwork right? Supervisor says he's fired and that. He's like "ohh no I won't be having this I want to see the boss"

Supervisors lookin nervous, says he doesn't need to see the boss

So the guys storming up to the boss' office, right? Goes through the door, bunch of assistants and secretaries, but sitting in the chair smoking a cigar..

monkey in a pinstripe suit

There were these two lads with big 'eds and webbed 'ands, not related and weren't mates.

>it'd be too obvious

AND YOU'LL NEVER SEE AND OLD MAN EAT A MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS BAR BAR BAR

are you two cunts talking about the smiths?

>"A'right, so there was this truck"
>"A Truck?"
>"Yeah, in the desert, someone in it with a bag o'er their head, couple of other guys in there. Not me this time."
>"WHICH desert."
>"It might not've been a desert, there were mountains and grass not long after."
>"What?"
>"Look, they bring him out of the truck over to the plane, and there's this fella standing there right, like he's not got a belt on...but he has got a belt on."
>"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!"
>"Just listen! ‘E says, ‘e says ‘I’m CIA’."
>"You mean he was with the CIA."
>"No, no, he just says CIA."
>"He’s the entire CIA?"
>"No he…, look they say…uhh…look, we were to give you this doctor…"
>"‘What Doctor?"
>"HE was the main one they were bringing, but they brought the ones with bags as extra."
>"Extra Doctors? And there’s two with bags now?"
>"No! One ‘ems easy to forget. Look, CIA…"
>"His given name."
>"Yeah, CIA says…look, don’t know what you’re playin’ at here…can’t be bringing mates. But they say they work for this kind of gangster guy, called Blaine. And CIA says…right, we’ll take ‘im."
>"Ok, I’ll stop you there. If they lift up the hoods, and it’s a monkey, or any kind of primate, we are NEVER doing this feature again."
>“No, no listen. They get in the air, and CIA’s like, carrying on trying to get them to talk about the gangster.”
>“While on the plane?”

>we did live near a chemical plant

>“He says…where they’re going…they’re expecting one less than there is.”
>“What do you MEAN Karl?”
>“Like, what he’s saying is he’ll throw one out.”
>“Of the plane?”
>“Yeah, and like, he opens the door, and he pulls one over and like, shoots out the window next to his head.”
>“‘Shoots him you mean.”
>“No. He only pretends. And pretends to throw ‘im out. And CIA says… oh, he didn’t fly so good.”
>“No, he didn’t.”
>“Yes, he did.”
>“No he didn’t. that’s not grammatically correct, you messed it up in your weird little Manc head.”
>“Listen. And the other one, with the bag on their head, ‘e says…he says, well you wouldn’t shoot someone, would ya? if you were just going to chuck ‘em away anyway. And CIA walks over, takes off his mask, and its Blaine, and he’s got this like, metal spider thing, covering his mouth.”
>“Oh CMON!”
>“No, he does. It sort of looks like…did you ever open up a washing machine, and its all small pipes all close together. It was all that…but in face form.”
>“Jesus Christ.”
>“And CIA says…he says…if I take that off, would you be alright, or is it like a medicine thing. Would you die, basically, is what he was asking.”
>*Sigh* All right, and what did he say.”
>“He said it would hurt a lot and that.”
>“Right.”
>"So CIA is like, well you're a large fella, aren't ya? but here's the thing right, then Blaine says..."
>"Go on Karl"
>“For you.”
>“What.”
>“It would hurt a lot…for you.”
>“WHAT DO YOU MEAN! WHY DID HE TALK ABOUT HOW TALL HE WAS?!”
>“No no you've got to understand cos see its just ‘cause it’s me sayin’ it. If you saw that in a film, like, a film from that one who made Inception or what have ya, you’d think it was brilliant.”
>“He wouldn’t PUT THAT in his films! He’s not that stupid!”

>Karl: "how would I know which one was me?"
>Ricky and Steve: THAT IS THE MOST STUPID THING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID

>Richard Dawkins:"there's a interesting thought experiment where if you were to imagine a clone of yourself exactly, well would that be you as well?
>Ricky:"yes, very interesting".

youtube.com/watch?v=z9IJEx5bP10&feature=youtu.be

doesnt american comedy have seinfeld and thats it ?

He wasn't wrong, he's was just a blithering idiot in how he explained it.

american comedy is the end result of 15 college educated writers sitting around a table attempting to squeeze in 10 jokes into a 20 minute show

Neither are in the wrong except maybe Karl for being so incoherent with his point

>eyes that pop out of their head
>.
>.
>.
Steve

ricky gervais is so insufferable

so like snl ....which is awful

Nobody idolizes Ricky and Steven.

Also the name of the show is completely wrong. The show is basically 100% based around Ricky and Stephen making fun of and listening to Karl. Karl does like 70% of the talking.

They call it the Ricky Gervais Show because his name carries far more weight than Karl's. If they called it the Karl Pilkington Show (before he got popular) then nobody would know what it was.

Karl is a tremendously sagacious person and he repeatedly makes very pertinent and honest observations, Gervais is an absolute fucking pleb who thinks he's clever because he read a book he was told to when he was 18 and (((Merchant))) is a cadaverous goon whose only talent is going along with whatever the fat bully says. Where Karl would be a likeable person to be around, the other two are objectively insufferable as attested by anything that shows them interacting with people off camera.

I don't think you know what entropy means you fucking moron.

Does anyone remember what episode of the podcast it was when they were reading Karl's diary and it starts with him being annoyed after waking up and Ricky goes "Whinging first thing in the morning, oh fuck I didn't die", I looked at a compilation of the diary readings and can't seem to find it

If you watched it (especially XFM) you'd know Karl and Ricky are just as harsh to Steve. In fact, I think in one of the XFMs Ricky is taking the piss out of Steve and stops mid way through and says "play a record" because he realized he was taking it too far.