This was FUCKING kino

This was FUCKING kino

It was an alright family movie.

It was Sci Fi kino, fucking plebs didn't appreciate it

loved it

the visuals were comfy

ultimate pleb filter

it was fucking beautiful to look at it's a shame i didn't go to the cinema to watch it. the sound wasn't that bad either especially the intro scene.

All the different aliens, the ships, the set design, the transmatter dimension and all the tech/art was so cool to see. A nice change from capeshit

trip on krager, no one likes your furby stick bitch, get over it

>ultimate pleb filter
it will be a cult classic I think it's pretty original for a fun sci-fi movie reminded of the early 00s star wars

is there a sequel?

The art style and visuals were great.
Too bad the story was cookie-cutter trash, but I guess that's what kids want.

OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOD

I'm so sick of you queers whining about the story. It was there to give them a reason to explore the city and all the different species and shit. It's not Citizen Kane because it wasn't trying to be, fucking DENSE motherfuckers.

The story is fine, there's nothing wrong with it. I was never sat there thining "oh geez so cliche" because I'm not some autist who can't enjoy a movie that focuses on worldbuilding.

>strong scifi story
>unnecessary romantic plot that is constantly shoved aside
>no chemistry between the 2 main characters
>rihanna...

#REFUGEESWELCOME

>unnecessary romantic plot that is constantly shoved aside
It's based on a comic book called Valerian and Laureline, you can't not have a romantic plot in there

>no chemistry between the 2 main characters
I disagree, normies say this because he plays creepy losers usually and she's got man eyebrows. I think they had great chemistry and played off each other very well.

>rihanna...
She was actually good in this, I was prepared to hate her but she was decent

It was

>>unnecessary romantic plot that is constantly shoved aside
>Even though the romantic plot WAS the most important plot
>And was constantly developed.

underrated

>She was actually good in this, I was prepared to hate her but she was decent
I feel the same for Cara Delememe, the male actor wasn't anything special though. Still a solid sci-fi movie, I might buy it on bluray

They needed a chad as Valerian. DeHaan just delivered the lines so awkwardly

Why?

So you can self insert as the chad? Fucking grow up you baby.

>wahh I can't stand to see a loser on screen as a reminder I'm an even bigger loser

Cringe kino specifically

>reminds me of early 00s Star Wars
JUST

>testosterone deficient karl urban wannabe running around a giant space station of multicultural bullshit trying to save the feminine alien blue people from the evil ((((humans)))) by giving back their pearl; symbolic of their clitoris; all while being rescued by gender fluid stripper rhianna and his subordinate but dominate female non commissioned officer.
yeah, great movie......

Must suck to not enjoy things because you're too enlightened and of superior intellect

*tips katana

It bothered me how they both look like they're 12 but are actually 20 something.

>Too bad the story was cookie-cutter trash, but I guess that's what kids want.
it may have been cookie cutter but doesn't mean it was bad it's just a different take on a common story structure, it's more ot show off the visuals

>They needed a chad as Valerian. DeHaan just delivered the lines so awkwardly
it worked in it, the idea of a chad changing in the future seemed to work well, espcially because they always work together and presumably have been alone on the ship forever

>gender fluid stripper
did you even watch the movie? she just plays sexy women or morphs into a disguise for valerian

20 something ?

Dehann has to be playing someone in his 30’s. He’s a lieutenant of special forces that’s fucked 100’s of subordinates.

Yeah, same here. He's supposed to be like a grizzled vet or something? Or at least have a lot of experience? He looks like a 15 year old.

It was shit. You are SHIT.

RAAERRRGGHHH

Shit movie, shit story and dialogue. Everyone they meet or interact with dies within 5 minutes and they don't care, no one cares - life has zero meaning in the Valerian universe. Life is about a boring obligation to some bureaucratic agency while we make quips to each other while stepping over the corpses of more interesting characters. First 5 minutes were ok.

I never watch new movies. Never. I literally hate 95% of movies from the 21st century, call me a hipster whatever. I saw pic related posted here alot and found her so attractive that I just had to watch it and it was not bad. What a refreshing take on a fun science fantasy that isn't marvel or numale wars.

>This was FUCKING kino
i agree

It's your problem if you were expecting something else. It's just a fun little sci fci flick with a qt protag and it was miles ahead of trash like Guardians and recent capeshit in terms of enjoyability

This scene right there my jaw dropped and i was like BUAHAHA EPIC!!!!

I found that pretty jarring when their whole special forces team got wiped out by the alien creature and they didn't even bat an eyelid, no mention of them ever again

suck my dick you hipster whatever

What will you do when capeshit and numale wars dies? Suicide?

get off Sup Forums and do something with your life luc besson

>What a refreshing take on a fun science fantasy that isn't marvel or numale wars.
this people don't get it their mind is corrupted with it

alright you convinced me, gonna watch it tonight.

wwhat the actual fuck

Haha le 5th element and Leon guy filmed this movie I know it's going to be good just like his last movie
>isn't good like his last movie
>denial

>>isn't good like his last movie
His last movie was Lucy though and that movie was utter trash.

Does anyone know how much footage was close-ups of the eyebrows?

I quite liked it, it was refreshing to see a light hearted sci-fi film, haven't seen one in ages.
Shame about Rihanna (the dancing scene was fucking awkward to watch) and the space niggers who didn't do nothing and learned everything about space travel without any information available

How the fuck did they find out about the electricity

most of the comics had less than half a page of 'romance' and that was generally g-rated flirting

Lucy was great man

>Besson makes good movies
This meme. You knowAmericans have shit taste when they believe that shit.

>le 100% of our brain
Even for schlock that is embarrassing. Get some taste.

I liked the cast and the visuals, but the narrative was so clumsy it hurts.

Are you expecting realism in a sci-fi movie?

It's just stupid and features old and busted Jewish starlet #644.

Finally Sup Forums is getting some good taste.
Except for the forced exposition scene this was a great film.

This. From the trailer I tought they were gonna betray Valerian or something and so deserve their demise but nope nothing, send to the slaughter like lambs.

>W-why weren't they bothered by their people dieing
>Oh wait, they are special forces, battle-hardened veterans who go on the most dangerous missions

Why in the fuck should they be bothered by it?

>we need to cast a battle scarred veteran that had over 100 flirts with the hottest women in the galaxy
>say no more

>why characters in movies show emotions?

This is how retard you sound.

I mean it wasn't good the same way his last movie wasn't good. I understand your confusion

>When it's been show Valerian and Laurelei give no fuck about anyone else but themselves

That's not the point you cretin. You can create the most asshole careless character and being totally justified but me as audience why should I care for these characters if not even them give a fuck? It's basic storitelling having a protagonist that you want to root for.

I saw someone mention that those guys were all clones and that it's mentioned in the movie. I totally missed it if it was though, but that might explain why they're so nonchalant about it.

Storitelling? What's that?

Isn't it refugee propaganda?

That's what Besson said.

yeah, and then he said "you mean storytelling, right? this board is 18+"

>explaining the joke

Jeez what a sad person you are.

Not really, the refugees leave and create their own planet to live for themselves instead od leeching off the others

It has some awful lefty honourable savage parts where the space dindus live in perfect harmony with nature

the joke is that way

the bad guy literally boasts about killing six million people.

>It's based on a comic book called Valerian and Laureline, you can't not have a romantic plot in there
It's based on comic series called Valerian. Adding Laureline to tittle has been done retro actively on last couple graphic novels and re-prints. Romantic plot is more banter and bickering.

>I think they had great chemistry and played off each other very well.
Both were horribly miscast. Valerian is supposed to be James Bond-esque classic hero and Laureline is supposed be sexy, funny and likeable.

>She was actually good in this
Just the fact that fucking Rihanna outshines leads tells a bit how badly lead roles were miscast.

That just before we can get to the minor detail that movie completely turns around whole idea comic it was based on. In comic there were no 6 gorillion or humans genociding 'em, shadows were something completely different.

>It has some awful lefty honourable savage parts where the space dindus live in perfect harmony with nature

This. It was Avatar but aliens were even MORE perfect and innocent.

The only good parts were the first 5 minutes and then the part with Rhianna in the latex nurse outfit.

Other than that it was a solid meh/10.

the war continues

>ultimate pleb filter
Rihana in the fuckign movie hahahahah

Jesus christ eyebrow girl was terrible. Dane dehaan wasn't that great either but at least he's an actual actor

This may be heresy but maybe someone like Chris Pratt would've worked better. Hell mayb he and JLaw should've done this movie instead of Passengers

Like the new file name.

That scene is cool and the effects will age well I think.

is that fucking Rihanna?

Can we ban the word "comfy"?

exactly

>DeHaan just delivered the lines so awkwardly
He just made me think of Keanu Reeves with the way he spoke, which in turn made me think of how much better Keanu would have fit the role. Maybe not a perfect casting, but I wouldn't have minded seeing him as Valerian.

The movie is just great when it being fun or insane. When it tries to do the serious plot it gets super meh.

If the plot was just a fun heist stuff it would be classic kino.

Exactly what faggot?

Do her eyebrows have a speaking part in this?

I totally agree on that, also the part of the romance betweem them was weak.

yes

With how young so many people looked I just took it as future-tech keeping people young if you could afford it, and it being on the house in the military or whatever. The "old" people were the top brass and even they looked like they could be younger than they should be.

you're a pleb, that's all

The look too much like siblings and they didn't have chemistry for a love story.

>MAXIMUM ARMOR
>MAXIMUM SPEED

explain me why? do you even read dummie?

I said that with Rihanna the movie can't be a pleb filter.

He's too little.

I can't explain you, nobody can, and, nobody cares that you don't understand and are getting upset

>they have no worth simply because they're clones
That's fucking horrible. If anything it makes things even worse. At least Bladerunner was about showing how the replicators are still "human". This just went with the dystopian slavery angle like there was nothing to consider in how they're worth less simply for being clones of "real people".

I fucking hate Cara as an actor, absolute dog shit eating cunt.

You care because you are replying. You can't explain nothing because you havee no brain.

It waa good in a sense like watching Akira. Fantastic visuals but pretty average and forgettable plot. Entry level to sci fi tier

>JLaw
Wouldn't have changed a thing. She can't act either. The only difference is she doesn't look like a complete Neanderthal like the bitch we got

Are the visuals actually good or are you memeing? Every scene I've seen of it looks like video game cutscenes