So I finally got around to watching Frozen (I know, ultimate fucking slowpoke)...

So I finally got around to watching Frozen (I know, ultimate fucking slowpoke). And while the visuals were impressive and it kept my interest, I couldn't help but feel the story was, I don't know, sloppy? Flimsy? Even compared to something like Tangled, which was pretty straightforward.

It was like they were just making it up as they went along, nothing was really thought-out. Am I the only one who feels this way? Maybe I'm just not the target audience, little girls seem to love it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jZyWuFsGcgg
youtube.com/watch?v=_ah3zQOVims
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, most viewers who aren't mesmerized by Elsa or the twists themselves can see the villain twist was an asspull. The writers fucked with the audience.

You're not the only one.

And it's no surprise, since the whole thing was re-written just a few months before release.

Disney did not give a shit about this movie. When it was released there was no merchandise to support it. Surprising right? None. That's usually where Disney starts. But they had to scramble to get out a few costumes for that years halloween.

>And while the visuals were impressive

The humans looked like plastic dolls. They were fucking creepy.

>the whole thing was re-written just a few months before release

How did that even work? Surely the animation took a long time to make. Did they just cut out a handful of scenes and add in the villain twist at the last minute?

Animation was the cheapest Disney has done since Robin Hood, almost every scene in the movie was an excuse to make the animation even cheaper.
>Begin by getting rid of everyone in castle
>Numerous song numbers with only one character & still backrounds
>Almost every scene features three or less characters
>Freeze character so we don't have to animate her dress
>Fuck it just pause the snow in mid air I can't be arsed animating any more

I'm sure there's more but I'm not about to rewatch this shit to check.

Frozen was a huge clusterfuck and they kept rewriting it till the last minute, it's also why the animation is so utterly shit in some places. They didn't know what they were doing with it

Well, Disney was trying to adapt "The Snow Queen" since the time Walt Disney was alive, 1930s. But they never managed to make the story "click". So they kept shelving the project and bringing it to pre-develompent again over the decades, and had loads of different teams try their hands on it, produce concept art etc.

Finally they gave up on adapting SQ and just wrote a completely new story "inspired" by it, kept developing and rewriting and so on. Eventually it evolved into a tale of 2 sisters, and Jennifer Lee was brought in. However for a long time Elsa was supposed to be the villain, who freezes Anna's heart out of jealousy or something, she had a snowman army and so forth. There was a prophecy about her and her evil powers. This version even has recorded tests with Idina Menzel voicing her, a lot of songs were recorded etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=jZyWuFsGcgg
youtube.com/watch?v=_ah3zQOVims

However quite late in the game, after "Let It Go" got composed, they decided that Elsa should be a sympathetic character acting out of fear, and just rewrote huge chunks of the movie. The release date had already been set though so they were racing against the clock, and apparently a lot of people thought the movie was gonna tank because they didn't have time to do it properly.
>according to Del Vecho, in late February 2013, it was realized that the film still "wasn't working", which necessitated even more rewriting of scenes and songs from February through June 2013 (released Nov 2013)
>Anderson-Lopez joked she and Lopez thought at the time they could end up working as "birthday party clown[s]" if the final product "pull[ed] ... down" their careers and recalled that "we were really writing up until the last minute."In June (5 months before the already-announced release date), the songwriters finally got the film working when they composed the song "For the First Time in Forever"

It seems unfinished and unpolished because it's a rush job.

As opposed to Tangled which spent so much time in development and production that the execs kicked it out of production, but the care they put into Tangled shows.

Tangled's issues were more R&D based rather then story ones.

After they dumped the shitty "Shrek cash-in" concept Michael Eisner was pushing, they went in a more proper Disney fairy tale direction. But what they wanted to do was to push CG into a more painterly direction, sort of like what Paperman would do in blending 2D and CG. Additionally, you had a lot of work put into figuring out Rapunzel's hair.

Tangled cost so much money because of all that software experimentation, but the painterly tech was having trouble really gelling, so they ended up going for a more conventional style. Also, Glen Keane ended up dropping out of the director's chair because of some health issue that came up and a new team ended up finishing the project, but leaving their own mark on it in the process, which can most prominently be seen in how Flynn got completely redesigned between versions, going from bara husbando bait to a literal Frankenstein of male celebrities that the female staff at Disney thought were really hot.

Nice blog faggot

Frozen also spend a long, long time in production, but the difference is that after they'd already decided on the plot and set the release date and animated loads of it they just decided to rewrite the plot

This disgusting excuse for a """"""movie"""""" is the literal equivalent to sparkling dog crap. Hans should have won.

You know, I don't think Frozen is worthy of the amount of praise it gets, but I will never understand this abject loathing that some people have for it. Like it killed your dog or something.

triggered because sjw boogie woogies

It got too popular and was everywhere for a couple of years, it's just a negative reaction to all the overexposure

It felt like Frozen really wanted to be Beauty and the Beast but didn't know how.

>feminist themes
>dashing hero who wants to bang the protagonist is actually the villain
>character that has been cursed by magic and forced into solitude
>winter aesthetics
>anti-"love at first sight" message

Maybe I'm looking too much into it. Though it does feel like Disney has been trying to upstage Beauty and the Beast for a while and has continuously failed. Even with the live-action remake.

So why not just say "It got too popular and I'm just sick of seeing it and hearing about it." Why pretend it's horrible when it's actually just marginally passable as an animated movie.

You'd think the message is feminist as fuck, but remember that the movie was done for little girls and not for grown-up man children

>Furshit people tell of a prophecy or some shit, were the reason why shit hit the fan
>Elsa is alienated by her powers, afraid to hurt people
>She lives in solitude all her life
>Finally comes out to become the Queen
>Oh, and her sister is dating a prince
>Everything would be fine, but she freaks out because of her power
>She lets her power go without knowing the consequences
>Little girls around the world cheer because of that scene
>Her sister wants to save her
>Prince wants to kill the Witch, doesn't give a shit because >Witches being witches
>Of course that shit won't fly because she's just misunderstood
>Prince gets fucked, everything goes to normal
>Man children screams and rage because their Prince gets fucked
>Little girls are happy because the two sisters are okay, and Elsa can now control her powers while leading her kingdom

People are weird and get buttblasted when they see something they think is shit

It's not even that, it's people altering their opinion of the quality of a movie based on it's current popularity.