What are your favourite Garth Ennis moments?

What are your favourite Garth Ennis moments?

HORSECOCK

Everything involving Barracuda.

when butches calls for his dog, terror only to remember that he's dead

This kills the heart.

>...And the world was a beautiful place.

Preacher was so good.

Posting things from the last arc of The Boys feels like cheating.

>Pic related, VERY much.
>The end of Widowmaker.
>"I'm a motherfucking DRAGON!"
>"What fucking use ARE YOU, all you killers who thrive in war?"
>"Cool."

>>"I'm a motherfucking DRAGON!"
>>"What fucking use ARE YOU, all you killers who thrive in war?"
What comics were these?

The Dragon one is from Seven Brothers, the comic he wrote with John Woo.
The other is from War Story: The Reivers with Cam Kennedy, from the original Vertigo series.

>>"I'm a motherfucking DRAGON!"
Where's that from?

That dude killed a lot of people. I really don't see why I should be sad his nasty ass dog died.

This is one of the moments I remember best from Preacher.

#
Was Seven Brothers any good or is it one of those Ennis comics that no one talks about for a reason?

"Why'd you kill me dog Jack?"

Dunno what the general attitude towards it is, but I personally love it. It's a bit on the cheesy side and the cast is sort of underdeveloped, but the action's great, the dialogue's fantastic, it's Ennis writing something he doesn't usually write, and the final issue makes everything worth it.
I might storytime it later on if nothing comes up.

Kingpin taking it up the butt.

*stabs you repeatedly* why'd you kill me dog, user *continues to stab you*

That was Jason Aaron.

Only time Ennis ever wrote Fisk was in The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe.

Frank shot his head off, then got stuck under his body.

The fuck, is that Amano art for the cover?

I don't think words can be arranged to create something more beautiful than the narration on these panels.

Got it in one. Only the covers, though.

"I read comics" - Sup Forums

Drinks onna house, boys.

There ain't no closin' time.

But you gotta leave your guns at the door.

Like that story very much.

But one of my faves is that page from the Boys where the two Z-Men team talk trash at each other. Can anyone who has it, post it?

This one?

Yes.
Very well written; great art . TY for the post

l-lewd

Cutest Garth Ennis thing I've ever seen - this letter he wrote into Battle magazine being autistic about tanks. He would've been 8 or 9 years old.

And years later, he'd end up curating "Best of Battle" TPBs.
What a guy, our Garth.

Is this from Strontium Dog? Know the issue?

The sincerity on show in that letter is still something that makes a lot of Ennis comics work IMO (topics or content that would probably be shit from some other creatives).

It's from one of the Young Middenface McNulty series in the Judge Dredd Megazine. I think it's Mutopia, from megs 205-207, but I'm not 100%.

Garth Ennis is just Seth Rogen of comic books.

Can anyone please explain the difference between Ennis and Millar? I have read Kickass and Preacher and both of them seem to be edgy for the sake of edgy. So why do you guys hate Millar and love Ennis?

Ennis is usually less serious when he goes full edge, and more serious when he actually wants you to care. Ennis also has a much wider lens than Millar.

Can I just say "Seth Rogan" and we can be angry together and I don't even have to get in to the details?

Back in the early to mid 2000s, Millar's comics tended to be hyper gritty and edgy with not much else to show for them. Ennis, meanwhile, nearly always manages to inject a lot of heart and hope in his books. Despite all the edginess and grossout stuff, Ennis puts a lot of value in camaraderie, friendship, love, etc., and his stories tend to have good or at worst bittersweet endings. Plus, his characters are usually a lot more likeable and enjoyable to read. And personally, I'm just overjoyed that there's one guy out there still consistently churning out great war comics.
That said, Millar himself seems to be turning around into that, with stuff like Starlight and Huck being much more positive and upbeat.

Ennis books are "edgy" because crude/gallows humor is a component of the real core theme of his work; masculinity and friendship. You, as the reader, are just "one of the guys" and Ennis is telling you some tasteless jokes over a beer. It's the full spectrum of locker room talk. Everything from dick jokes to physical infirmity.

Huck is a great example of how shitty Millar has become, no matter the tone of his books.