Tangled

Tangled is better than Frozen and Moana?

> Tangled had the better story and music
>Rapunzel is the prettiest princess

Other urls found in this thread:

jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2005/08/09/656.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=5SMpL_J2_gc
youtube.com/watch?v=kRO6EHhPr5g
youtube.com/watch?v=EK7Br9p2f-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Correct.

she also has the best feet

I find it weird how massively Disney Princess films have been getting massive overhauls yet still end up being pretty good.

Tangled was originally a post-modern shrek type comedy with CG graphics that looked like a watercolour.

Moana was re-written to make it less about Maui and more about Moana

Frozen was completely rewritten almost from scratch when they came up with Let it Go and decided they needed to make Elsa a more likeable character (and it's why Let it Go's lyrics don't really fit in with the story.

Wonder if Gigantic is getting the same treatment and that's why it was delayed 6 months.

I mean, both movies had basically the same story structure and characters.

Tangled has the better meme template.

you mean last 5 movies.

>female tricking the male to help her solve her problem.

this only didnt happen in BH6 because it was a marvel superhero movie dressed as a Disney one.

>Tangled was originally a post-modern shrek type comedy
I hope you can back that up with something other than the ad campaign

not him but
it already feel like a confused shrek movie, some elements are heavily borrowed from early dreamworks.

It's fairly common knowledge. Before it became Tangled it was called Rapunzel Unbraided and it was about a teen girl and a pizza delivery boy from San Francisco who get sucked into the world of fairy tales and have to play out the roles of Rapunzel and the dude who saves her. This was back when Disney was spending millions trying to perfect non-photorealistic rendering. They wanted it to look like a moving oil painting.

jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2005/08/09/656.aspx

youtube.com/watch?v=5SMpL_J2_gc

yeah, reverse Enchanted.

As for the looks, now that CGI has nothing new to offer (Hey look, MILLIONS OF HAIR ON THAT BUNNY!") they should start experimenting again.

To be fair, we didn't get to see Elsa/Anna's feet. But yeah, Tangled is better.

>feet

They do experiment. They just don't do it in their features, they do it in the shorts.

First time in a Tangled thread, I see. Get used to foot fetishes. Tangled attracts them like a magnet.

Anyone else looking forward to the TV show?

unnecessary.

>Let it go lyrics don't fit the movie
How come?

It also starred Minorities, and the idea of an Asian male being portrayed as moronic compared to a vagina in and of itself is politically incorrect. It's Token White Dudes who are portrayed as emasculated and stupid.

and their next one was going to shat on white people as well.

Their next movie is Coco the Mexican one (anyone else sick of diversity shit from Disney? Don't care about lousy cultures unless they're notably impressive like Asian countries with robotics for instance). The next movie Disney will make to shit on white people is Gigantic. Sure it's set in "Spain" but have you seen Jack's design? He mostly resembles a Caucasian. Inma is also white looking so that means she'll be portrayed as competent and such for the sake of political correction.

i meant Animal DiverCity.(hint hint)'
And Coco is by Pixar, which sounds like lite version of the "Book of Life", Gigantic is about a guy who's going to be plaything for a little giant girl. That sounds... inappropriate.

I'm tired of Sup Forums in these movies.Disney knock it of!

It isn't "Sup Forums" given their views are anti-Leftist/Liberal/Democrat. And that's the problem, Disney leans notably and obnoxiously across the years as Leftist/Liberal/Democrat. And it's gotten more and more annoying. Seriously, if you got a penis? Disney has nothing for you. It's a company for women.

and since women wear pants nowadays it's not gonna change anytime soon.Can't wait for "Frozen 2: Elsa is so Cool."

It's not that women "wear the pants" so much as stupid men gave them rights they never deserved. Especially custody of children. This has led to Single Motherhood being THE central family model in the USA. As a result companies like Disney cannot risk pissing off twats so they inject all these intrusive and obnoxious Pro-Female themes in their media portraying women as everything they have never been. If they don't do this? They risk creating underselling media and flops because the purses of twats will not open.

The whole "female empowerment" shit will die when the USA finally bankrupts and collapses (because women's liberation costs money to any country). After that bullshit Disney will attempt to swing in the opposite extreme and that's bullshit like Tradcon garbage themes in their media, that women are demure, sweet, nurturing, and that they're oh soooo worth protecting with male lives being put on the line all the time.

Fuck that noise. Every shit that Disney (and other companies make) are Gynocentric filth. After Feminism did its damage I hope many men forever learn to never accept such bullshit again. Women are nothing like how media portrays.

what's Tradcon ?

It also explained why had to grow her hair long. Why did she grow her hair long in the original fairy-tale? To have a ladder for the old witch to use? What about when her hair wasn't long enough to do that?

We in the original story she boinked the guy the moment he found her. The witch gouged out the guy's eyes and threw him out of the tower. Later when Rapunzel found him with their twins, she wept on his face and healed his eyes. Fairy tales don't exactly make sense.

Here's a shot of some finished rendering (from when Reese Witherspoon was attached)

youtube.com/watch?v=kRO6EHhPr5g

Love the look, think the film itself would have been a piece of shit compared to the final product though.

In the original script she was prophesied to doom the kingdom with her ice powers (forget the wording but it turns out actually meant she'd save the kingdom ) so she kept them hidden.

It gets discovered, she gets angry rather than scared and raises an army of ice golems. The song makes more sense because she uses her powers and stops being a 'good girl'.

In the final film, she basically is still scared, is upset that her powers are dooming the kingdom, hides in her castle and never really does anything that justifies a "I'm not going to be a scared little girl any more!" song.

All entirely subjective, but I won't stop you from liking it if that's how you feel

It's funny because you'd think a story being rewritten under the premise of a song would be very close to it storyline wise, but I've never seen a song more contradictory than Let It Go.

>Frozen
>Good

Zootopia had to rewritten as well, but that's not a princess movie, and for completely different reason.

See

And PATF was better than all three combined.

No it wasn't. You're only saying that because you hate CG animation. Being traditionally animated doesn't make PATF not suck.

Man, that sure explains a lot with the story's pacing and everything. Maybe Frozen 2 will be better since they won't be rushing it, maybe not.

Tangled > PATF > Frozen

I feel like they were all fine though.

>Actually strong heroine who gets shit done herself.
>Wonderful moral toying with Disney formulas; Sometimes you need to work for a wish to come true, but not lose sight of what's important.
>Beautiful early 1900s New Orleans backdrop.
>Disney's last truly great villain (Turbo was good, but had nowhere near as much charm as Facilier.).
>GOAT soundtrack
>The comic relief actually amounted to something.
>Tiana's based white friend.
>Glorious 2D animation that had actual effort put into it.

I swear watching behind the scenes videos make me want to cry.

Again I think it was fine just not as good as Tangled. But the biggest factor was the music and none of the songs stuck with me outside of the villain song, though I know I'm a bit of an oddball there since people seem to really dislike Tangled's music too and I like all of it.

I like Tangled's music as well. I think the score is excellent and the songs are very solid, they just aren't immediately catchy like many of the classic Disney songs. I prefer Tangled's folksy inspired music to Frozen's Broadway ones.

Rapunzel is so pretty because she's from Germany

I wonder why Moana was sent out to die by Disney given it's their only 'Princess' film for 18 months.

They released it close to Rogue One, didn't seem to give it anywhere near the push that Disney films usually get and even the single versions of the songs were bland covers rather than the originals.

Hoping Gigantic is good. It seems to have all their biggest talents working on it so I'm hopeful but there have been so many terrible Jack and the Beanstalk adaptations and by having the giant be a little girl, they seem to be losing out on the "I want to dress up as the princess" market as well as losing out on people who want love story elements in their fairy tales.

They could solve all of those things by making both jack and the giant teenagers but I can't see that happening as they probably don't want another Robin Hood situation.

nah, they'll rewrite the movie 6 months before the deadline again because reasons.

"I know we had the giant as being a little girl who kept Jack as her toy but we've tweaked it slightly.

She's now a 20 year old woman who is in an arranged marriage to a frost giant in order to prevent a war and Jack is a zookeeper who is looking for a mythical creature to boost attendences and save his family's zoo.

It's basically the same story"

they turned psycho pass with animals into a buddy cop movie.

trust Disney, they know what they're doing not

To be fair it's working, the amount of money they're making off of their post Chicken Little era (when they realised Eisener was ruining the company) is phenomenal and all their animated films get good reviews as well as the cash.

>Our next film is Fairy Tale X
>Oh, a film that we wrote this to build on flopped, lets rewrite this
>Introducing X'ed here are the cast, the actors playing them and a 30 second not-in-the-film teaser. to be released this autumn
>hmm I really like this one thing you did with this version of the story... lets do another rewrite that builds on it, we've still 4 months until release!

From what I gather Disney treat their animators fairly well but holy fuck the crunch times must be bad with their current work process.

>psycho pass with animals

I'd rather just watch Psycho-Pass.

yah , that idea was disturbing, offensive and unprofitable

youtube.com/watch?v=EK7Br9p2f-Q

It's not exactly a bad concept but... It's dark as hell for a family film.

i remember how Sup Forums reacted to the documentary, half of us wanted to committ suicide.

PatF had two good songs and a nice villain, but apart from that it just wasn't very good.

Needs more Rapunzel fanart.

Moana >= Tangled >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frozen

So, Glen Keane's oilpaint CGI applied to the characters as well. I don't hate it, honestly.

>Zootopia had to rewritten as well
Don't forget Inside Out where Joy's antagonist was Fear until about 50% way through pre-production when the writer realized Sadness would allow him to write a third act that wasn't shit and the rest of the production crew breathed a sigh of relief.

At least, that's how he told it on Fresh Air.

Hey don't forget throwing Alan Menken under the bus so that Pixar's favorite composer, an actual Louisianan, could shine. And Randy created one of the most forgettable Disney soundtracks of all time bar one or two pieces.

>i remember how Sup Forums reacted to the documentary, half of us wanted to committ suicide.
The other half was furiously drawing fanart based in the original concept

So that explains a lot. Rapunzel is getting raped by Muslims and no wonder Eugene is good for nothing, he's an Emasculated Modern Day German. You Westerners from North America have nothing to be proud of, you're also emasculated beta simps.

Oh my, she looks particularly German there. It's actually pretty arousing. I want to call her "Fraulein Rapunzel."

Rapunzel got no tits

Probably Shes a He

All we need is Frozen II : Fifty shades of Rapunzel (+18) UNC 1080p Blu-ray.mkv
Every body FAP with it win-win for every body.