Do you prefer when superheroes date

Do you prefer when superheroes date
1. Normal people
2. semi-action people like cops or FBI agents
3. other superheroes
4. Supervillains

>Do you prefer when superheroes date
No. Superheroes should be pure.

Personally I think Heroes should date Normal people since they should be allowed to have a normal life at the end of the day but I can go for 4 solely because of Hatefucking.

Normies all the way. As much as I love partners who can fight crime together, my ideal is one partner being a superhero and the other being a civilian who has a job that puts them right where the action is. Clark & Lois are my favorite comic book couple so that's probably why I like this so much.

I think the should date people they have chemistry with.

Other superheroes, especially if they're different "tiers" of crime fighter.

Normal people is okay because it allows for a better variety of stories. Watching the non-powered person come to terms with the powers their significant other has and also either smugly bragging about it or helping cover for their secret identity is great. MJ pre-OMD is a perfect example.

On the other hand, I do enjoy the chemistry that two super heroes can have working together. Spider-man and Black Cat, USM and Kitty, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Never been a fan of heroes dating cops because the writers inevitably turn it into a "what does it mean to serve" token storyline.

I would really dig a comic/series/film about a regular guy dating a superpowered girl.

Something like My Super Ex-girlfriend but not shit.

And That's the whole problem.

how are cops not normal people

Isn't that essentially Wonder Woman or does he not count because he's a soldier?

Why is Lois so animu?

Steve Trevor hasn't mattered since they decided WW was not longer a fetish character and instead window dressing to make Superman/Batman adventures less gay

I don't really hate any of them, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with semi-action people.

One of the reasons Superman and Lois click so well for me is because Lois is on a (proportionately) similar level to Clark in terms of their jobs.

They both know what it's like to suck up their fear and charge head on into a dangerous situation because they believe they should.

Though with that said, I like all the others as well. Normie relationships are good to ground a character, and give them a separate life outside of their superheroics. But you can still do that with superhero-superhero relationships, by simply having the two be an ordinary couple living an ordinary life outside of their costumes.

Supervillain relationships, when done right, can be very good, and the good catalyst for a redemption/corruption arc.

Ultimately though, has the best point. If two characters have a good enough chemistry, then it doesn't matter where they stand provided they're written competently.

More from the PoV of the guy than the girl though.

Characters who either live majority of their life as their non-heroic alteregos or otherwise dislike their superhero persona should probably gravitate to normal people. Similarly, heroes who live more as their superhero self should gravitate towards others like them.

Obviously not a hard rule, just general tendencies since it seems like the most natural. 4 is actually my favourite, I'm a sucker for good hero-villain stuff, but it shouldn't be overdone.

Other capes, hero or villain, since anyone else would be put in danger by their lifestyle and like anyone leading a lifestyle knows the dangers and pitfalls from having to be away all the time to danger of their life would bring on their significant other.

i think a better alternative along those lines is normal people in positions that could be considered conflict of interest like police, military or government. People in positions where an autonomous, super powerful person could be a threat to their authority

Hes pretty important in her ongoing

Well user, you do need some meat between the two ends, you know.

2 and 3, occasionally 4 so long as there's minimal backstabbing

But Lois is Badass Normal

Semi-action people are the best. It allows for more organic relationship building and you get to have cute role reversals where the cop/FBI agent hides behind the superhero when they're out in the field in costume, but when the superhero's in normal clothes, or has a "lost their powers" episode, then hides behind their cop/FBI girlfriend or boyfriend.

>Supervillains

While fun to write fanfic about, it wouldn't happen due to the villain trying to kill the superhero and the character assassination on both sides that would have to occur in order for it to happen.

Yes. Besides, the second another character waltzes in they become a target to both villains and shitty predictable writing.

What the fuck is going on with her spine?

It's stronger than a normal human's of her stature, so it has more leeway for flexibility. She ain't normal.

>not having a girlfriend that can rotate

she's a model, she's flexible