The voice acting in this scene is terrible

the voice acting in this scene is terrible
youtube.com/watch?v=0zVBo2_n830

>complaining about voice acting on a show that's 90% retarded valley girls

i just started to notice how scratchy and annoying stevens voice is

it's THAT bad user
you can only do so much with a dumbass voice like that

You gotta be more specific than that. It was clear this scene is partially comedic, anyway

cant they just let him choose one that doesnt make it sound like his intestines are being pulled out of his ears?

ruby sounds like shes from a fandub from 2009

if you all don't like the show...maybe you can try not watching it?

i tried to watch it to see if its good or not

>yfw you will never have your very own Pearl

good

a big problem with the show is that it uses anime references thats on the level of a parody seriously

hey thanks for coming from the other thread and regurgitating other people's talking points, good post

Showrunners in Japan grew up watching anime and Disney movies.

The showrunner for Steven Universe grew up watching anime and Disney movies.

and, imitation is the highest form of flattery, or something like that

its just that they only use it on the surface level which is very shallow
but presents it as serious which doesnt work

There's already like two threads in the catalog for this.

thanks for regurgitating their talking points, good post

and they`ve both been heavily derailed

That's not really a 'problem'. It's a very common thing.

The anime references aren't really that common.

Wow this is almost like someone saw that "The voice acting in this show is great" thread and decided to make a mirror of it.

Ruby's VA is obviously just some friend of one the crew they wanted to give a break. She's not a good actor at all.
Everyone else is fine though. Jasper sounds really forced sometimes, but her VA is generally good so fuck knows what's going on there.

im talking about the way they do it

>a show creates references of other media

So? Lots of cartoons reference or inspire anime. Doesn't matter if it's direct or hinted. Just because a show you don't like does it doesn't make the entire show bad.

If it rarely happens then why is it such a big fucking problem?

im saying that theryre very shallow in the way they present it

Stop dodging the question. Why do you think it's one of the biggest problems if it rarely happens?

Please clarify. What do you mean by a "shallow reference presented as serious?"

because it goes in line with how the show is very shallow with its presentation which is the same thing i does with the characters and the plot

Ruby's voice is always kind of iffy because it's just some Youtuber they grabbed for the role.

That doesn't make sense. If it rarely happens then can't you just ignore it? That's not a big problem then, that's a little problem.

because its just as bad as the plot and characters so it`ll never go away

As someone who doesn't watch SU and only sees bits and pieces you people choose to post, that red things voice was particularly atrocious in delivery.

What? If it was removed the show would barely chance. A few shots would look different and that's it. If it's such a big problem then why would removing it barely change anything?

The voice acting for the Rubies have always been awkward and childlike and I'm pretty sure it was an intentional choice. I find it cute in the more lighthearted episodes they're usually featured in but it did make that one scene feel off.

Charlyne Yi is not a YouTuber, she's part of Judd Apatow's crew. She's just naturally awkward.

>make an awkward character
>give it an awkward voice
>WOW WTF THIS IS SHIT

fuck off

Of all the terrible thing about this show you latched onto the voice acting?

JUST NOW?

The only good VA is Pearl and Rose. Everyone else suffers from this Fairly Oddparents voice direction problem where they have this base voice and they never stray away from it. Your own voice does indeed change when you're happy, sad, angry, but for characters like Garnet, Amy, Steven, Peridot, Jasper, it continues to stay at the same level, the same tone, the same scratchiness. As a result, it just feels like the character is speaking, not the character is emoting.

FoP's VA cast are like all-stars compared to this dreck.

Pearl's voice actress is sublime.
Why is Ruby's so shit?

I genuinely hate Charline Yi so much. I've seen better voice acting in stop motion LEGO videos on Youtube made by six year-olds.

That's why I prefer watching it with another language. I don't care if the songs sound weird, how it get rid off most cringey puns (that's actually a profit), or how other voices like Pearl's lose emotion. It's worth it if it means I won't have to listen to Steven's English prick voice.