Should strength-based heroines be drawn as ripped? skinnystrong? as justa nother model-shaped lady?

Should strength-based heroines be drawn as ripped? skinnystrong? as justa nother model-shaped lady?

Whatever fits their personality.

Depends on the heroine.
I like a muscular Peeg but not as much as She-Hulk. She-Hulk should be an impossible no way lady with big curves and big arms y'know unless she's in a bad place.
Supergirl should be a skinny girl that eventually becomes Peeg.
Wonder Woman should be attractively athletic.

at least one of each
I didn't get into a genre with a bajillion characters to not have a buffet featuring anything I might fancy

aight, aight, makes sense

More varied designs in general are a good thing.

Technically depending on the nature of their super strength power you don't 'have' to make them ripped, but some actual muscles and definition can well emphasize their strength.

Seeing tiny stick girls that are 90 pounds soaking wet throw around big guys has gotten super played out by this point.

it should be the same as male heroes who have the same or similar powers for the same or similar reasons

So all Kryptonians SHOULD be as buff as Superman OR all be as skinny as Supergirl depending on whether their strength is muscle relevant in that universe/cannon, Wonder Woman should be as muscular as any of the super-strong legendery/demigod/mythical.magic heroes with similar strength, She-Hulk should get more muscular as she "hulks out" in anger but iirc her "baseline" was always weaker but more in control that regular Hulk.

The way artists prefer. The next time you get the urge to use 'should' in a context like this, ask your mom to burn your tongue with whatever generic filtered cigarette she's smoking, then fuck off back to tumblr

Yes.

I think that's a bit simplistic, but they should be equivalent. And if you want to have fun with nonhuman races you could change things up. Like a species that flips the dynamics with big grills and skinner guys
Oh don't be a fag, we're just talking.

Who cares what is impossible? Jesus christ.

user, do me a favor and stop being a silly goose

I don't think he did, judging by literally everything he just said

This is sort of the inverse of the problem, in that the artist has drawn them all with the same bodytype but this time generically HUEG instead of skinny.

I'm saying some SHOULD definitely be impossible. I'm just saying my preference.

I think Frank got a bit of variety in there, there were bigger girls in the gang. Compare those girls to She-Hulk.

Quite Literally
>GRRL POWER

I'm saying you should not read comics and leave.

The "should" depends entirely on the source of their powers but also not all of them should look the same anyway.

Depends on where their powers come from.

If their strength is derived from muscle, yes. If their strength comes from some kind of cosmic bullshit, no. In fact, unless they work out without their powers, people like this should be skinny as fuck, as muscle develops through strain, and they're never straining their muscles.

Personally I'd like to see more male heroes that have cosmic super strength but aren't super built.

Well fuck you, you can't stop me.
Rulk had it coming.

She Hulk undergoes a gamma ray transformation exponentially increasing her strength in a way akin to but less extreme than the Hulk, she should be ripped.

Peeg gets her strength from horseshit space magic disguised as biological powers, she doesn't need to be ripped.

>YWN Scrub the grease off of her after a long day at the factory

big stinkin' tits and muscles

does Superman need to be ripped? this isn;t a rhetorical question, really, but would you like seeing a fat/skinny Superman?

Superman doesn't need to be ripped either in that case

are you complaining or celebrating?

This is correct, depends on the character entirely. Most people don't want a super muscley Supergirl, but it works for Peej for whatever reason. Most female heroes probably fall under the realm of athletic but attractive like a fitness model.

No but manchildren get pissy when their favorite (and only) pastime is made less retarded.

Also both should be ripped to their teeth.

All of them should be as ripped as their male counterpart.

End of story.

Just ripped enough before it looks inhuman.
I love muscle girls, but when they get so muscular that their own tits look unnatural on their body is going too far

I think it depends on the character. Kryptonians are supposed to be physically perfect, so I think Superman and Supergirl should be in shape, but their muscles shouldn't be emphasied a la She-Hulk or Batman.

I'm having trouble thinking of actually super thin/out of shape characters with super strength.

>made less retarded
But I like how things can be over the top and fantastic.

So how about Strongfat?

what if they have no male counterpart?

Muscle girls should only have small tits.

Post an example

She-Hulk, most of the time. Rogue, most of the Time. Wonder Woman pretty often. Supergirl. Mr Incredible for a while there

There always is.

What about Muscle Boys?

You need to leave.

Source?

What about fuck off?
Perfection

I dont really have any western art for reference.

That's strong fat? I suppose tits ARE a type of fat.

Honestly it has more to do with character design than it does in universe explanation.

Superman is this idealistic figure who inspires everyone, it makes sense to make him a body builder looking Adonis type even if he doesn't strictly need to be one physically.

Hulk on the other hand is a lot more monstrous in his proportions because he's meant to be intimidating, not inspiring. Personally I think evil-Superman incarnations like Injustice Supes should be more power lifter and less body builder to be more intimidating and more about raw strength than a physical ideal.

A skinny Superman doesn't really work with the character. Skinny but actually super strong character designs work better for those who are more everyday individuals like Spider-Man. I don't think it works well with Superman's origins, it better fits people who got their powers in some sort of event, and they were scrawny before said event.

A fat Superman I can't really picture just because Superman is again, an inspirational figure and there's nothing inspiring about being fat. I do think a fat but actually super strong and fast Etc. Hero could be really good though, maybe a largely apathetic metahuman who takes a stance of non-intervention and his weight while not physically impeding him is a visual cue for his laziness and apathy.

What is it about the onesie under pants that's just so good?

>there's nothing inspiring about being fat
what about Winston Churchill?

Boys should only have plumpy, sweaty and nicely defined rack.

That's just fat.

its the small area of skin visible on her upper thigh. it creates the effect of being able to see her panties

LEAVE CAP ALONE YOU SLUT

HE IS A PURE MAIDEN

its a request

Inspiring in spite of not because of his weight.

>You'll never have a cute muscle girlfriend who FORCES you to get in shape

The line.

What about Santa Claus?

>You'll never have her mock you for still being weaker no matter how much you work out, constantly lording her superior strength over you and aggressively initiating Lewdness

>That's just fat.
You're retarded.

>When it shows just a bit of skin

He wasn't inspirational because he was fat
But in the end Superman is set in his ways. Nobody wants Superman to be less than what he is now, it's really an issue for a lot of heroes and heroines. Making a hero uglier than their already perfect forms and people won't like it.
Personally I'd like Superman to be something similar to the Mountain's actor. A nice bit of fat over the muscle.
How embarrassing. I'd rather my getting in shape be incidental. I don't want to be her project and I doubt she wants me to be hers.

>Not doing it for your waifu even if she isn't around

Santa Claus is proof that nobody will get mad about you being fat so long as you fit into a previously established "fat archetype". Santa's the hole happy old fat man so it's okay. Especially since it makes zero sense he's fat given how hard he works.

It's Anka

I can never stick to it.

No user, this is strongfat. You posted just a skinnyfat woman.

He's magic and eats like shit.
If it makes you feel better you can think of him like one of those Strong Men and his musculature is hidden by his puffy jacket.

dude, motherfucker eats like, 6 billion cookies and two hundred million gallons of milk over a 24-hour period, I think its safe to assume its because of his diet

Shouldn't She-Hulk look more monstrous like her male counterpart? Why does she get to be good looking?

Bara Santa?

Meh, he's handsome sometimes

Which one Sup Forums?

There's no fat there.
There's not even fat here. Do you people even know what 'bears' are? Christ.

Because she's mentally stable. Most he-Hulks are nutters. When she loses her shit she becomes more monstrous. Like now she's much larger because her anger issues.
Like how Bruce when he got his shit 100% together he was just Bruce but with Hulk tier strength and Professor Hulk is a relatively handsome dude albeit ginormous.

Y'know depending on the writer and artist.

Danke.

It's because the Hulk got his power through violence (Testing a weapon for war) while She-Hulk got her power through love (Bruce doing a blood transplant to save her life)

So to represent that they look different.

Bruce has anger issues and turns into a rage monster. Jen has confidence issues and turns into a giant green slut.

Big one.
Really wish Marquez drew a full body shot.

Bears are not skinny dudes with a beer gut. Which is equivalent of the woman you posted.

I prefer super humanly strong people to have ordinary physiques.

Like when New Ghost Rider fucking no sold Cho-Hulk super bad.

Its funny, cus in the 1930 novel "Gladiator", though to have been a bin inspiration for Superman, there was a whole exchange about this when our protagonist Hugo Danner (calling himself Hogarth for his tenure in the circus) is a circus strongman

>"But you gotta bat' robe on him. What we want is muscles. Muscles, bo. Bigger an' better than any picture of any strong man ever made. Put one here — an' one there — "

>"But that isn't correct anatomy."

>"To hell wit' that stuff. Put one there, I says."

>Hugo walked out of the tent. A young man was bending over a huge sheet made of many lengths of oilcloth sewn together. He was a small person, with pale eyes and a white skin. Beside him stood the manager, eying critically the strokes applied to the cloth. In a semi-finished state was the young man's picture of the imaginary Hogarth.

>"That's pretty good," Hugo said.

>The young man smiled apologetically. "It isn't quite right. You can see for yourself you have no muscles there — and there. I suppose you're Hogarth?"

>"Yes."

>"Well — I tried to explain the anatomy of it, but Mr. Smoots says anatomy doesn't matter. So here we go." He made a broad orange streak.

>Which is equivalent of the woman you posted.
I didn't post anyone. I'm just pointign out that everyone has gotten it wrong.
And how are big tits equivalent to beer guts?

But Ghost Rider is a burning skull-headed demon man, that isn't an ordinary physique

And nowadays male superheroes look even bigger than MR olympia contenders who get short breathed when they walk from car to gym.

I want to kiss and lick those big green feet.

That's just what his face looks like, he's got pretty ordinary and not at all body builder or power lifter proportions.

I always felt like he should be farmer build, personally. Evidently strong and in shape, but not looking like a body-builder.

>feetfag

I feel like Supes should look like a body builder and the way he dresses and carries himself as Clark Kent should obfuscate his physique and project a farmer build when he isn't superman.

And if they ever do give Supes himself a farmer's build, I'd like to see it complimented with short sleeves.

>getting this bum flustered over someone elses fetish

I like something like this.
Maybe slightly more defined.

Otter mode

It's not a fetish, it's a disease.