youtube.com/watch?v=tbgtecEAQRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1 1 9!

>durrr i dunno you figure it out!

Lynch in a nutshell

>CHECKS FLOOD OF RAPE ACCUSATIONS WITHOUT PROOF

What year is this?

C U R R E N T

I dropped Twin Peaks season 3 after the hulk hand/bob fight. I didn't even bother watching the last episode despite tuning in every sunday throughout the whole summer.

Kill yourself, David Lynch.

To be honest, these past months are getting weirder than TP season 3...in January, we might all wonder what year this is and who did what again

HOW DID I GET HERE?!

WILSOOOOON!

>dropping it after a fight that was intentionally cheesy
>missing everything afterwards that justifies it
How about you kill yourself instead.

GIT GOIN

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO

SEASON 4 WHEN?

>tfw no qtp2t mommy gf to drive a couple thousand miles to look at old houses with

ahahahahahah fucking LYNCHED!!!

Where would they even go from here?

chet

Where wouldn't they? Start thinking laterally.

When are we going to get to see Laura Palmer’s Secret One Eyed Jack’s Tapes?

The BlazBlue of tv shows

Getting those two back would be sorta neat, yeah.

Here's the thing: Season 3 shows quite clearly that they're pretty tired of Twin Peaks, the town, as a setting. At this point the might just make any potential follow up a spinoff.

these... hands

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

Is your asshole sore ? You just got LYNCHED

>they're pretty tired of Twin Peaks, the town, as a setting.
Lynch isn't tired of it at all. In his mind, the word has always been there, living.

>that scene where Cooper has a vision of a divine Philip Jeffries reading him the holy book

Absolute kino

I would say Twin Peaks after The Return isnt just the town of Twin Peaks anymore, Twin Peaks is that whole world. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

I just think there's alot they want to explore before even properly setting foot in Twin Peaks again. If they made another Season that was conclusive (ha) we probably wouldn't see TP until the finale

beetle-clicks.biz/LP_TA/index.cfm?T=437361

>this kills the mark frost

Sure, but to him that world has always been bigger than the eponymous town and season 3 showed that he wanted to get away from exploring that microcosm to focus on the larger picture.

Kinda. I mean, it did show that quite clearly that the powers that influence Twin Peakd have an impact on the entire world, we found out that the creatures of the Black Lodge came to our dimension in great number in New Mexico, that you can access the White Lodge from London and that the lodge spirits can use electricity to travel pretty much anywhere.

I don't get it

>Maddy is alive and well in Missoula according to Mark's book

Mark is truly a man of taste

you would've got Frosted on the last episode

What about Laura? Or is the dossier pre-timeline change?

It's DURING timeline change

She was a missing persons case in the new timeline. Otherwise most things seem to be the same. Cooper still came to Twin Peaks to investigate and got trapped in the Black Lodge. Only difference is that Leland was never caught but commited suicide a year later.

T-Thanks Mark

Sounds like a bit of a cop out. I feel like Frost and Lynch have very different views on the ending of S3 then.

>Leland committed suicide
Unfortunate but makes sense given his state. It would have been fun in S4 to potentially have Leland back under BOB's influence.

>Sounds like a bit of a cop out. I feel like Frost and Lynch have very different views on the ending of S3 then.

I don't have anything against Frost, he seems like a decent guy, but I don't understand why Lynch would let him have the last word on Twin Peaks.

Frost wants to use Twin Peaks to jerk off to his political opinions and try to make deepest lore but he can't even get already established dates right

They fucked up not using Ray Wise more desu

Lynch gets literally all the praise for the show and is practically the face of it in many ways. I guess Frost deserves a present every now and then.

That was actually intentionally bad, you're just too stupid to realize!

I think Twin Peaks is still the big, most important town in his mind, and all the things happening in other places end up leading back to Twin Peaks

Fucking christ, I'm a couple episodes in s2 and I've already read too much of this thread. Also is Dale on the spectrum or just a dork.

I guess. I don't wanna downplay his impact on the series. I'm pretty sure most of the alternate history stuff and a lot of the lore was stuff he came up with.

You know, I kinda feel like a lot of the FBI plotline in season 3, despite prominently featuring Lynch as actor, was written by Frost. And that Gordon Cole is moreso than a self insert for Lynch a depiction of how Frost sees him. As an ultimately very smart and competent but eccentric and slightly goofy womanizer.

I don't understand Mark's shitty reason for Ronette still winding up in the train car. Couldn't he have just said that Leland still showed up, but he found Laura wasn't there and ended up taking Ronette to the train car to interrogate her about why Laura isn't there? It would have been less shitty than "hurr Leo and Jacques are impulsive morons!"

why was "Diane" an eyeless asian woman

Probably because they wanted the reveal to be incredibly unexpected
and Lynch probably likes the actress. She was in Inland Empire.

stick with it, it's the journey not the destination.

>Also is Dale on the spectrum or just a dork.
Through the eyes of back then: A dork
Through the eyes of nowadays: An autist
The truth: The perfect evolution of a dork

I've always saw Audrey & Cooper as both having a childlike innocence to them

Yeah, I like Lynch stuff but I really wish he wasn't so absolutely opposed to ever explaining anything. I don't agree with his "it'll ruin the movie if you know what the director thinks" line of thought at all.

>I don't agree with his "it'll ruin the movie if you know what the director thinks" line of thought at all.

I do, honestly, If the director explains his intentions he'll take away people's chance to come to their own conclusions and... well, that's a very sad thought. If you watch something through your own eyes and decode it your own way you'll arrive at something very personal that'll resonate with you more than anyone elses interpretation ever could.

And you can claim death of the author all you want, if you know what the creator intended it will inevitably color your own perception.

I think it would spoil the discussion of his films because once you know the answer, there really isn't much to talk about. With something explained fully, after I done watching it, I only really think about it for a few hours and that's it. With something like The Return, I am still thinking about it and discussing it with people. There's not a day I don't think about the series.

Even with Blue Velvet, a film that is relatively straight forward, I only have an every now and then thought about it.

I mean if you have an unresolved problem in your life and are seeking answers, going outside and shouting at the sky "What do you mean.. Whats the answer?" will get you nowhere. Lynch thinks of his work the same. It's up to you.

in the new timeline Laura goes missing and runs away to Missoula where she and her cousin live happily ever after with the purest form of love between them: that of two cute girls.

Dropped the show after this scene

>Lynch will never make Ronnie Rocket
it hurts

Eh... not that crazy about the screenplay.

I always felt it should be an animated movie, for some reason.

which screenplay? Because I think the first one is great, the second one is okay.

That's... a good question. This one right here:

lynchnet.com/rrscript.html

Can you tell me what the major differences are?

I'M MAKING MY LUNCH lol

>there's 26 Dougie Joneses in the greater metro area

Somebody post it already

>FBI Las Vegas Director Randall Headley is played by Jay R. Ferguson, the guy in pic related which is basically a movie of him making out with Sheryl Lee for 100 minutes

So it's been confirmed that Lynch casts his rape gang members in his productions, yeah?

I regret not realizing there was a watermark on this image though I don't care enough to remake it

You're on the spectrum just based on that observation of a TV character.

...remake it

If you want a more detailed rundown of it, here's a guy who did a video on it. Sorry about his occasional cringeworthy commentary.
youtube.com/watch?v=tbgtecEAQRU

But it's a lot more abstract than the second script, a lot closer to Eraserhead. Diana doesn't exist in the script and the final confrontation is different. And also some of the characters are different.

Also, did you happen to notice how when Ronnie is first created, he parrots things like Dougie? I think Lynch might have recycled that part for Dougie.

>Also, did you happen to notice how when Ronnie is first created, he parrots things like Dougie? I think Lynch might have recycled that part for Dougie.

Yup, made the same connection. Also, Albert says the phrase "the absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence" in episode 3 which is, of course, the tagline of Ronnie Rocket.

No, he sometimes pretends like everyone's interpretation is valid just to get out of answering an interview question, but he has let it slip more than once that he knows what the real explanations for his works are and just doesn't tell anyone e.g. he's explicitly said no one has ever understood eraserhead the way he understands it to be.

forgot to add thatI really wish someone would do an organized dramatic reading of the script. Would be neat to listen to.

Literally, unironically LYNCHED

Don't see it, seems fine

It's yrev very good to see you again /tpg/

The real important question is will Lynch ever explain why Polish Accountant is actually 4% Hispanic?

Remember when a one-off scene that was memed about suddenly became integral to the plot of s3? What a ride

Well, Poland is in some ways the Mexico of Europe

WHO D'YA THINK THAT IS THERE

different person but
you're right he knows more about some things then he lets on. But that's not for everything. I've watched A LOT of his interviews, and from what I've grasped, he doesn't know exactly what a lot of them mean, only what they mean to him.

>/tpg/ was right about Jeffries
>/tpg/ was right about Judy
>/tpg/ was right about /ourgal/ Laura coming back and Audrey being irrelevant
>/tpg/ was right about leaping lad
>/tpg/ was right about Eddie Vedder being completely irrelevant to Cooper getting his mind back

Are we in tune with David Lynch himself? Is this the power of collective autism?

>if the director explains his intentions

That's the thing though. He doesn't have any fucking intentions.

Lynch browses here and forced certain memes and planted seeds of certain ideas.

>WE CAME OUT TO JOIN YOU WHILE ALBERT'S INDISPOSED
what the hell happened to Albert? still suffering from all that rain?

he was busy chatting it up with the coroner

In an interview Lynch basically admitted Frost is only responsible for the unimportant stuff and his books are fan fiction.

Is it 2017 or 1980?

KID-SAH?!

where do you think all the CUTEposting came from?

need the screencap of audrey saying "i'm a virgin" in season 2 please

Lynch a cute! Cute!

pls i already fapped today

I miss Vedderposting

Have you ever even seen a Lynch film? That last episode was as Lynch as it gets.

tfw you will never shoot up with Audrey. I thought Audrey was going to be a retarded slut but not being far into s2 she best girl so far Who is your Peaks waifu Sup Forums?

THIS IS THE LAND THAT I LOVE!

The objective best girl.

Frost was originally going to have her as a retarded slut who gets harassed by her son (just like how he harasses his grandma).