TMNT thread

Favorite turtle?
Favorite comic series and story?
Favorite tv series or movie?
Any version(be it series, or musical or anything) where you thought "this is too far" ?

Other urls found in this thread:

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/05/tmnt-manga.html
mediafire.com/folder/64242kuetes62/manga
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The River will never be reprinted...

>Favorite turtle?
Leonardo hands down.

>Favorite comic series and story?
I like the 2011 one, but i've recently started reading the original series, and it's amazing. It feels like a condensed essence of everything fun and gritty I loved about 80's movies and comics.
A feeling I sort of forgot since my childhood.

>Favorite tv series or movie?
2007 movie (great designs and relationship between Leo and Raph, that makes up for the basic plot. It's pretty basic TMNT stuff)
I like some 2012 episodes a lot , but I think the 2003 series is best overall.

>Any version(be it series, or musical or anything) where you thought "this is too far" ?
The musical and most live action stuff where they really pushed it far from the original concept. Like giving them powers and such.
The recent movies were just cynical shit. Nothing that deserves to even be mad about.

Sauce on the pic?

And on the assertion? I really want it to be reprinted. Not in color though.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like the colored versions make the pages lose some...grittiness.

>Sauce on the pic?
Tales of the TMNT Volume 2 #61 (August 19, 2009)

Michelangelo is the best turtle.

>Favorite turtle
Donnie, with Mikey as a very close second

IDW, the arcs where they deal with Shredder and co.

>Favorite tv series or movie
Haven't really watched a lot of any of them. Most of the tv series are enjoyable.

>Any version(be it series, or musical or anything) where you thought "this is too far" ?
Just from what I've seen, the live action tv series with the female turtle. For all I know there could be something much worse out there, I'unno.

Viacom wants to reprint it IDW wants to reprint it, but Rick will not do it because he wants a percentage of all sales or something like that when Viacom just wants to give him a lump sum and call it a day.

He is being obstinate Viacom will not sell the turtles while he is alive so he should just sell it and get it over with.

If he does sell we will finally have the whole mirage run reprinted in color and in black and white, besides the fugitoid which is just in black and white

The one where Shredder and the Foot kick their asses and they live like PTSD-ridden refugees off the grid in the boonies.

Mirage Volume 1

I like leaders.

>Favorite turtle?
Leo

IDW and I'm not sure

The 2003 one and I guess the first movie.

Out of the Shadows, the movie not the game. God I hated that piece of shit.

Thanks.

>we finally got a TMNT game by platinum games
>it is a mediocre game that was rushed out the door
why did Transformers get a great game and TMNT get shafted I really hope whoever got the game license now tries a little better and ports the old arcade games to steam and ps4 so my friends can play them, and gives platinum a second chance

Source?

thanks

>having underwear
its one of them hentai mangas isn't it?

FUCKING REQUIEM YO

Not at all

Ralphael

>Ralph
everytime

I made my choice based on color like I did with all my desicions at 5 I have no regrets.

Ken, Red Ranger, Ralphael all the best

>Ralph

based. There is no decision more true or pure then those you made when you are 5

Leo fan here. I think IDW has been the best run, combining the fun elements of the 80's animation with the more serious aspects of the original Mirage story, without going too gritty. I like villians to be a threat without being overly violent.

>Favorite turtle?
leonardo and raphael, both at #1. mikey a close second, never really cared much about donnie
i like the 2003 tv series, and the 2011 one is pretty great too, but save for that i've never read the comics, probably should get on that
>Any version where you thought "this is too far"?
the live action movies from the nineties were terrifying

I did the same thing I always liked the blue ranger, leo and always picking the ice themed characters.

why do tmnt threads die so quickly

No one cares about them here, obviously. It's better that way anyway, I don't want the fuckheads from the Technodrome Forums flooding this place.

I always hear how bad that site is but can anyone post examples?

>Favorite turtle?
Leonardo
Mirage, The Path

IDW is very good too
2012 cartoon, original movie

2003 is great, but I think a lot of people forget how boring it can be at times, and the lack of production values in the music and voice talent hurts it more than I think most want to admit, though the main cast is good.
I despise the third live action movie. The Bay movies are harmless in the long run.

Next Mutation and the musical shit is good for a laugh.

Michelangelo is best turtle. I have not read the comic. Favorite series was 2003, but it's now tied between that and 2012, with 2012 maybe taking the top. And the original three movies are the best movies.
What is the best place to start with TMNT comics, because from what little I've seen here, they look amazing.

IDW would probably be easier for you to jump into, but Mirage is a fine choice.

The hardcover ultimate collections for each are the best place to start.

My name is actually Raphael and I HATE it when people call me Ralph.

My brother was the same way, I was mickey he was donald, scorpion and sub-zero, comfy times

bump

bump

Stop.

[Spoiler]Bump[/spoiler]

Is the new episode up online yet?

Donnie
IDW, no specific story.
2K3 and the first live action film.
Coming Out of Their Shells.

So NOBODY going to discuss what happen on today's episode? I mean shit, it was one of the best turtle episode we had all season!

>Favorite turtle?
Mikey

never read the comics

I grew up with the 87 series, but haven't watched it in years. Never saw the 03 series, and I like the 12 series, but I with Nick would stop fucking around with the schedule.
The first live-action movie is great, and while the second isn't as good, it's still enjoyable.
And of course, the the original arcade game and Turtles in Time are elder god tier.

The third live-action movie, Coming Out of Our Shells, and The Next Mutation.

I don't feel like wasting time to post screenshots of those chucklefucks. But yes, it really is the anal stain of the TMNT fandom there. There's maybe a handful of regulars that are pleasant to converse with or listen to. Everyone else yaps their emotional headcannon Im-a-bigger-fan-than-you garbage as enthusiastically as a retard finger painting with their shit.

That being said, it's pretty a-aight for keeping up with fandom news.

>I don't want the fuckheads from the Technodrome Forums flooding this place.
this

When I saw the building I knew exactly where they were going. When Casey fell next to that garbage truck, I was so fucking hype.

I love this fucking show.

TMNT videogames suck in 3D because of stupid preconceptions of how to design them. The stupid idea of "Oh TMNT game, all turtles must be playable together for multi-player" instantly is a game killer in 3D game design. Its too challenging and honestly too much work for too little pay. What 3D game designers ought to do is make the 4 turtles "playable" but you only see one lone turtle in the field. You switch to the others with the D-Pads on a whim like how you can change styles in Devil May Cry 4 for Dante.

Another big failing of TMNT videogames is the graphics. The latest game tried to mimick Santoluco's art style, but it doesn't work. You need a more simplified yet efficient style and hire actually competent graphic whores to make the engine and models (think like Square Enix).

But again, hiring the right people to do a 3D TMNT game right? It costs $$$ and Viacom isn't going to be of any help. Besides another thing that could easily ruin a TMNT videogame? Having a shitty aimless story like the Platinum one. It was a random set of episodic nonsense which isn't what you expect out of something that looks like IDW TMNT. So hiring the RIGHT writers and story makers is another must. Same goes to music. TMNT videogames have lackluster music. Even Ducktales on the NES had a great soundtrack (yes the Moon).

I was gone a long time. I come back and people tell me Ninjara doesn't exist and never did.

Leonardo. Kids on the playground all but designated him as my roll. That is until the pretend-but-real recess fights got more popular and I was mandatory Shredder.

It is like Magneto says:

One turtle at a time sucks. I want 4 turtles in the same time cause it's a team.

I've usually enjoyed any TMNT I was able to catch. But was never able to catch any of the shows regularly as they were airing. So any long term arcs were always lost on me. Probably been about a decade since I've seen any episode of any of the shows. Any of them worth watching? Really all I know is how people say that live action show during the 90s with the girl turtle was shit.

I usually don't come in these threads cause I don't really know shit about TMNT.

>Fav Turtle?
Donnie. Its fitting actually, as I learned how to hook up a SNES to a VCR when I was 2 by myself one day. All because I wanted to play Turtles in Time

>Fav Comic Series and story?
Mirage Volume 1 and probably City at War from that same volume.

>Favorite TV Series and/or movie?

So I cheated this question and did both. Fav series is probably the 2003 series. Fav movie is still easily the 1990 movie.

The coming out of your shells tour. More specifically the Oprah interview that accompanied said tour. That is infinitely worse than anything that came out of Next Mutation. Even Venus.

Dr. Rockwell's dead, Mondo Gecko's Dead, Splinter's Dead, Casey's oops.

>Dr. Rockwell's dead, Mondo Gecko's Dead
Debatable.

Rockwell is likely, but we saw Gecko run away, he could have gotten out. In either case, we never saw a body and no one mentioned their demise, and this show is not shy about letting us know when a character is dead.

Donnie
Original run, good shit.
First movie
Probably the initial mirage reboot. It wasn't bad but tried too hard to ride it's original coattails, and felt very fucking weak due to no Eastman.

>For all I know there could be something much worse out there, I'unno.
The TMNT anime. They turned into magical mecha versions of themselves pic related, and also super tranformed into huge animal robots that aren't even turtles.

Pretty sure Rahzar is also dead.

Shredder design in the second episode was dope.

I'm behind on the series, I just watched the Alopex ep.
Looks like the show is getting back to being brutal.

>Favorite turtle?
Donnie cause he does machines

The original Mirage comics and Return of the Shredder

The first movie is great and still holds up

When they went to the future or some shit.

is there a link to this prease?

>is there a link to this prease?

Here's an index. They've scanlated nearly all the TMNT manga that isn't just episode adaptations of the 80s cartoon.

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/05/tmnt-manga.html

I'd recommend the TMNT III movie manga, because it barely qualifies as an adaptation, it's 90% original material and it's really fuckin weird.

Who's the best April?

Answering for you.

>mediafire.com/folder/64242kuetes62/manga

Neither will "Shell of the Dragon" #18, have no idea what Mark Bode's hangup is. Or "Sky Highway" #30 which is another Rick Veitch issue.

For Sky Highway it's the same than for the River. For Shell of the Dragon, I don't know why cause the other Bode issue was reprinted.

IDW also hasn't reprinted TMNT #41 "Turtle Dreams" by Matt Howarth. The reason for that one is because it includes characters owned by Howarth and IDW doesn't want to pay him royalties/licensing fee for them.

So the 4 Veitch issues, the 1 Bode' issues and the 1 Howarth issue haven't been reprinted and likely won't be so long as IDW insists on being cheap about compensating creators for their characters.

I wonder if they will reprint specials and mini issues too.

I wouldn't mind if they re-collected the Image volume. Peter Laird's volume 4 could probably also be filed under never going to happen

Peter Laird must finish Volume 4. I know it's too late now but let me dream about it.

shell of the dragon was reprinted in the 25th anniversary book idw reprinted, but its in color and also not in color by the idw team so it looks off if you read it along with the rest of the color series.

I really would like it if they reprinted volume 3, it might not be good but no point in not doing it.

Also are we missing any of the turtle soup stuff?

>Also are we missing any of the turtle soup stuff?
Some stories were reprinted by IDW. Read the original by Mirage.

I would if it were easy to find, and I do not download tmnt comics I rather try to get support for an official rerelease

>mfw that new episode

F

the staff in tmnt III is renets right? did they just not want to use her?

Of course not, that may have made TMNT fans happy, and we don't want that, do we?

Thanks Dudes!!

>Magneto and STorm discuss playground philosophy