Image Week 3 Storytime: Godland

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

Now it's time for what I like to call the Pre-Saga era, when Image was trying to shed away their "extreme" 90's self and not many were paying attention to them. There were some break-out hits, but not as much as today.

Next up is an ode to Kirby, Starlin and the like, Joe Casey and Tom Scioli's Godland

The Walking Dead:
Invincible:
Chew:
Morning Glories:
Haunt:
Elephantmen:

Next week is the last Image week, so for everyone who's been waiting for me to finish so I can get back to the Invincible storytime, the wait is almost over.

Godland is so good.

It really captured the feeling you get from Kirby, but wrapped in the modern age. Tom Scioli is one of the few artists I've seen that look and feel like Kirby, but have their own identity outside of that similarity. He and Ladronn both, actually.

I'd love to see something like this again one day.

Since you're storytiming I might give this a try. Scioli is amazing but I cannot stand Casey.

It's probably Casey's best work, which I know isn't saying much to someone who doesn't like him (I'm not the biggest fan of his either), but still, worth a read through the first arc at least.

dem kirby dots tho

I'm so used to Sciolis art in Gi Joe Transformers and Super Powers this stuff looks strange

> the one man-made object that can be seen from space

Everyone, please hate me for noticing this, I deserve no less since this is otherwise a really entertaining pastiche

I have picked up everything but morning glories, outstanding shit
Shame I'm late to the parties and have been getting spoilers up the ass for the long-running ones
Still thanks for your time doing this

No problem user.
Week 4 should be fun

You doin the whole thing or just he first arc?
I learnt about this recently and put it on my Maybe pile. If Sup Forums's reading it all well shit I might as well join in.

As always, only the first arc.