This was probably the only film thats ever legitimatly creeped me out/ mystified me in anyway. Highly underrated

This was probably the only film thats ever legitimatly creeped me out/ mystified me in anyway. Highly underrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3097unnY95g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God vs. Aliens?

>whole film is about a religious man finding his faith
>shamalama is famous for religious imagery
>all plotholes revolving around aliens are fixed if you realise they are demons
>"NO BUT DEY IS ALIENS CAUSE CROP CIRCLES DUMMY! xD"

How did the Muslims fight them off. They don't have holy water laying around.

When Mel is in the corn field and you just barely see the foot freaked me out so much.

My fav part, freaked me out as a kid.

This is one of the funniest movies I ever saw

Yahweh gave each family member a gift so they can fight Aliums

they have water in the middle east, it's not actually just a big desert

>holy water
How did I not realize this until now?

It wasnt holy water? Was it? They just used glasses of water laying around

but bo was blessed. I would like for History Channel to play this on Fridays after Ancient Aliens.

Beau was an Angel.

Great movie overall, even if the whole "holy water kills them" is a little silly. M.Night did a great job by never fully showing the Alien until the very end, and even in OPs picture, he's in the shadows and you can't quite make him out fully. Good movie

WouldGetATattooOnMyArmOfTheSignsLogo/10

>Not posting the updated one

>last scene of the film is mel becoming a priest again
>people still don't get it

Didn't he still have the disk in the wrapper?

It's about Ancient Aliens they are the gods that made humans. Plus it's like the flood story since it's a world wide event.

I fucking love Signs. Everyone I know thinks it's dumb but man it's such a good movie. The score is great, the humor is there, some solid acting from auld Mel and shaladingdong captured some great shots. Even before hearing all the religious theories which make a lot of sense I still enjoyed it. The Brazilian birthday party scene has stuck with me since seeing in the cinema when I was 13.

It was generally a nice movie but final 20 minutes are terrible in every way.

It really had some brilliant shots.

I'm all for the demon theory, but where do the birds hitting the invisible wall in the sky factor in there?

>swing away emmitt
are you kidding me? gay as shit. laughable. you're an idiot.

kek at that tin foil and vamanos scene

I like part when alium go BOO from behind bush.

"birds will fall where they once flew"

>gay as shit

great review, ebert.

>great review, ebert.
sick burn, ufart.

Thanks

>ufart

so whose your favorite auteur then?

woah, demons are shit

uh... my favorite auteur iiiiiiis..... iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssss... uh. mystery dramas? sorry i'm getting distracted by how fully i know and understand what an auteur is, all of the knowledge about it is flooding my brain and making it hard to type. sorry. you probably don't know what it's like to be this smart and have so many thoughts, like auteur.

They're not demons, they're creatures sent by god to punish people like Mel for loosing their faith.
It was all a scheme, God killed Mel's wife on purpose just to give him signs from the future.

>a priest with wife and kids

Better than them diddling kids.

Says you.

>The Brazilian birthday party scene has stuck with me since seeing in the cinema when I was 13.
the ULTIMATE jump scare.
so fucking awesome

Rare but not unusual

Only in the united states, I'll be praying for your damned souls.

Can't fully remember what he said but that scene where they're talking about the possibility of there being a Scandinavian Olympic track star messing with them was hilarious.

MFW i'm brasilian watching it on the cinema.

Yeah that always erked me. So mel isn't as catholic as he portrays the filthy proddy.

>don't open my pantry, Father. I found one of them in there and locked it in
this scene is so creepy and well-done

Because it wasn't holy water.

the paddywagon part is perfect. based mel

The house was blessed fool, of course it was holy

Nah it's total garbage

saw this in ireland when it came out. the entire cinema burst into laughter at the paddywagon line. it's so odd, it goes from creepiness to flat out comedy.

>i cursed
>i heard

This show reminds me how much better Stranger Things would've been if it went full horror instead of supernatural mystery.

theme still stresses me out a bit desu
youtube.com/watch?v=3097unnY95g

Why would it be demons? His faith was validated by the incredible series of what can't be called mere coincidences so that he could protect his children from a looming threat

Bloody Catholics.

Even the orthodox can handle wives.

Scariest alien invasion movie I've ever seen, not that that's saying a lot.

It's says truckloads, like you haven't see many alien invasion movies for one.

So fuckin good

Most just dwindle into stupid military shit sooner or later.

I hate his flabby soft arms. Do some push-ups chris

But didn't they say their skulls were crushed like they hit something?

They were obviously hitting the camouflaged alien space crafts. They explicitly state this when Emmitt sees it on tv

Plus you see the space crafts once or twice on the news before they go into cloaking mode to begin their reconnaissance

Demon thing is a fun metaphor but it's not supposed to be taken literally

>but it's not supposed to be taken literally

Neither is the film itself, bruh.