PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oIWRI1g_NFE
twitter.com/Apollostowel/status/929039166867898376
twitter.com/gallifreyswift/status/929037298506911744
youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doctor Who is dead.

What does /who/ think of Chinballs as a showrunner? Personally I really enjoyed Broadchurch so I have hopes that he'll be better at running a season than he is at writing individual episodes.

kek.jpg

I find it hard to believe he will bring any kind of compelling new vision to the show, and so far little we've seen has suggested otherwise. It's still early days though and I'm open to being proven wrong.

I know nothing of his work aside from that episode with the dinosaurs on a spaceship. I forget what it was called.

Long live Doctor Who.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Not a fan of the episodes he's written but I think he's proven himself a competent showrunner with Broadchurch, so I'll reserve judgement.

I don't think he'll be bad, I loved Broadchurch. I was way more worried up until the Jodie announcement.

>so far little we've seen has suggested otherwise
>female doctor

Will Chibnall bring the fun back to the show that's been missing since August 23, 2014?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oIWRI1g_NFE

What the fuck has Karen Gillan done to her lips?!?! She looks like a fish.

That's not really that big of a surprise. It's more of a marketing gimmick than anything of actual significance. He has people's eyes back on the show, but I'm still expecting RTD: the sequel.

I would expect 'competent showrunner' to be the bare minimum. Plenty of boring and forgettable shows have 'competent showrunners'.

The show with a female Doctor is still perfectly capable of being generic and dull as bricks.
Really, "it would be good if we let women have a go too" is not some mind-blowingly radical concept for Doctor Who. It's been floated around for literally decades and the show is just now catching up.

stale meme

That's called make-up, mate, it was an aesthetic choice of the filmmmakers.

Pretty sure it's only episodes from the 60s that are missing.

twitter.com/Apollostowel/status/929039166867898376

>people will call this embarrassing and childish but not 10 going "OH YUM I'M A MAN, OH! TWO HEARTS! OH BABY I'M BEATING OUT A SAMBA!"
Fucking nostalgiafags

You sure? I thought it was weird. If she was going to get cosmetic surgery, surely a titjob would be the priority.

imagine if clara was bodyswapped with a villain and she kissed 12, people would have been calling for moffats head.

I mean she only looks like that in that film, it's supposed to be a creepy short parodying fan convention culture.

Can somebody post this to the #DWSR hashtag?

I call them both embarrassing and childish. Czech m8.

What is your opinion on hoodies?

I understood that from your first reply.

His main series Doctor Who stuff has mainly just ranged from alright (42, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, The Power of Three) to outright fucking shit (The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood.)

Although, to his credit, he made a better effort than Moffat ever did at making the Ponds seem like real people. And hell, he was even the one to think to give Rory's father some closure even if only in a scene that never got filmed.

In fairness to Chibs we haven't seen his DW vision as all of his episodes were prompts giving to him by both show runners.

Granted we did see Torchwood and that was awful.

But, maybe he'll surprise. I like Jodie so i'm optimistic. Hope she isn't wasted.

The uniform of the council estate dweller.

>noncanon edition.

See you tomorrow, /who/

Ttfn

Reminder that every single episode of Chibs was ruined by production, which forced him to do a lot of last-second rewrites and this is a documented fact.

Haha so silly and childish.

But the Doctor looks great in one.

He looks like he smells of piss and drinks cheap cider in the park. The Glaswegian accent does not lessen the effect.

>the doctor doesn't visit an alien planet in nuwho until Utopia in Series 3

Edginess is rather silly and childish.

New earth isnt technically earth

Oh wow, hoodie user is also received pronounciation user! who'd've known?

What?

if jodie uses a fake accent and not her northern accent im dropping the show and rioting at BBC HQ

twitter.com/gallifreyswift/status/929037298506911744

>people who manage to get to filming aren't revealing anything online

dwsr is officially dead

The Satan pit?

Finally

Man, I used to enjoy Freedom, but he's become such a fascist-like advocate for the Jodie era on his channel that it's hard to stomach. He's only doing it so he can keep getting interviews and favors from the washed up BF actors

>calling someone a facist because they're really opinionated about a tv show on the Internet

calm down buddy

DIMMEH IS A CUNT

What?

Indeed.

>eccleston never got a dalek episode

Who are you quoting?

>tennant never used his tardis

it's so satisfying. of course we wont be completely spared of them, but its looking like so far the security has been blocking their butts. they had too much free reign to harass everyone during the capaldi era, glad its finally been taken care of somehow.

holy shit i know her

S2E1, checkmate.

>the doctor never traveled to the past until robot of sherwood in series 8

These days, new companions and new Doctors get the alien planet treatment by their third episode. What was stopping RTD in S1?

>the doctor never fought the cybermen until series 5

money

spaceship bases are cooler

RTD is ultimately a gay melodrama writer who doesn't get how sci-fi and sci-fi allegories work. So coming into Doctor Who he had some weird ideas about how "improve" it.

What would be the Doctor Who equivalent to STD?

Would there even be a direct equivalent? Star Trek has a set tone. But there's no set feel for Who, so is it even possible for something to not feel like Doctor Who?

Bradley Walsh on The One Show in 20 mins.

BBV Productions

RTD intentionally made S1 earth-centric so as to not alienate new viewers. The reasoning behind this was the same reasoning that caused him to develop the idea of the Time War. Instead of trying to ease viewers into 40 years of lore, he just did away with some of the more complex stuff and made S1 easy and simple to follow.

>The Shakespeare Code

>Girl In The Fireplace

>Vampires of Venice

Also fucking hell. Makes you wonder what Gillan's Who/Marvel fan encounters have been like in order for her to make this.

>missing the point of the meme

Where are we at for ST2 at the moment?

Immigrant has autism ,if you haven't noticed. Even if he's unaware himself,its clear to everyone else.

The last book club post of ST2 was yesterday. Only Neo replied.

why didnt you reply

I think it might be a good call to do one last post, yesterday was... a bit too rowdy to actually focus on it.

His Doctor Who stuff hasn't been bad, but it's not been particularly great either.

Not seen Torchwood 1&2 so can't comment on them. Broadchurch was kinda addictive, 'must watch one more episode' kinda addictive if that makes sense.

I actually don't have autism.

Of course you do. You just don't realize it yet. We still love you.

In a sense, Torchwood would probably qualify.

From family-friendly to M-Rated and everyone is an asshole.

Walsh on the One Show right now.

You're right, I'll probably do one on Sunday.

>The Doctor doesn't have a companion in nuwho until Donna in series 4

guys turn on bbc one right now

poor bradders

Erm. It was called Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. But you probly know that. The best thing about this ep was Rory's Dad.

Um sweetie, Rose and Martha??

He's good at big cast and he's going to add multiple companions, this is good.

However, he seems to entertain idea of turning Doctor Who into a proper show with writer's room, which seems like a fool's errant.

Don't reply to them.

I wasn't able to be here yesterday, I had some other pressing engagements.

love interests aren't companions, m8

Martha's whole arc was realizing that the doctor wasn't interested in her. What about Jack?

>the doctor doesn't use the sonic screwdriver until series 3

This is a scene from Thin Ice, the third episode of Series 10 of the revived edition of the science-fiction show Doctor Who. As this is a Doctor Who general, the majority of people on here have already seen this episode, potentially multiple times.

sally phillips just said she loves doctor who and bradley seemed dumbfounded as if he thinks it's actually shit
then she mentions that she loves the companions names like "naydole" and dodo chaplet

>What's your character's name?
>...Graham.

kek

barely stayed, he's a recurring companion but not a full time one.

also bro come on we're just memeing

That bit was so artificial, listening to her struggle through pronouncing K-9, Dodo Chaplet etc. was painful.

love this keep going

reminder this is the only decent thing chibbers ever wrote and they didnt even film it
youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k

>the doctor doesn't have his own tardis until the eleventh hour

>the tennant era isn't bad