Will it be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CatDog_episodes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hey_Arnold!_episodes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rocket_Power_episodes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_As_Told_by_Ginger_episodes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Invader_Zim_episodes
youtube.com/watch?v=cPP4zUDuo4c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_Fiends_(TV_series)
makingfiends.com/faq.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

back to status quo the next episode

Yes, since it will be The Season Finale of Season 9

4 YEARS OF THAT SEASON

Hmm, don't know. Probably won't be that great, but I'll give it a chance to see if it will be alright. .

>season 9 finally finishes after several years
>season 10 started last year and has basically been going on concurrently with season 9
>season 11 is supposed to begin this year while Season 10 is still going on

When seasons mean absolutely nothing

I have not followed Spongebob in over a decade. Don't they just release one episode every month or so and act like it's an event?

They haven't released an episode since December and keep throwing episodes at random days.

Not really. Season 9 started around the time they started making the Second Spongebob Movie

Because they wanted to start the second movie with most of the cast, the majority of the people working on spongebob went to work on the movie.

Season 9 took years to air because that's all they had and no time to start making new episodes

So for years a Spongebob episode would just air at random and when the second movie was done they finally started wrapping up season 9 and then started working on other seasons

Why is this scheduling even a thing?

It's not the last season 9 episode in production order/inevitable DVD order

No, it's going to be fucking bait just like every other post-movie Spongebob special, nothing will change in the long run and Nick will spam this show forever.

Can anyone set up a stream tomorrow? I'm in Canada and really want to check this out

bump

Because Nick is absolutely retarded with episode order for just about any series
See
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CatDog_episodes (Practically the same problem Spongebob has with episodes, seasons overlapping, episodes not airing until long after no one cares about the show)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hey_Arnold!_episodes (Sudden 2 year hiatus, and then it takes 3 years to finish last season)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rocket_Power_episodes (Episodes air out of order)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_As_Told_by_Ginger_episodes (Overrated Tumblr show, but a couple episodes didn't even surface until last year, pretty much a whole 15 years after production)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Invader_Zim_episodes (Episodes aired in a clusterfuck of an order, some episodes not airing until 2006 despite the second season being produced 4 to 5 years earlier)

What other skeletons does Nick have in it's closet?

>It's a Patrick acting like a egotistic bastard episode
>It's a Mr. Krabs is too stupid to know that shit will backlash for quicky money episode
>It's a Spongebob is the one right but nobody listen to him episode
>It's a "That phase when that every Nick cartoon that was milked to dead has, when they made a bunch of episodes with a following Storyline and call it a movie, so dumb kids will think that it will be different from the usual crap" episode

Everything that is bad in the last seasons in one "movie"? Of course that it will

The Loud House is currently being buttfucked as well, every episode airs out of production and episode order, new episodes air Monday-Friday in a single week, then a random hiatus with no confirmation with the show's return.

Why the hell does Nick even do this shit anyways? What benefit do they get from not airing shit in order, or keeping episodes buried from the public for extended periods of time? DVD sales? Seriously, why?

If the networks are wondering why Netflix is reaming their assholes, this shit is why.

It is an actual policy at Nick that shows that do not have airbenders in them must not have continuity or order. And if your show references this policy it's cancelled.

I wish I were making this shit up, it's how The Angry Beavers got taken off the air.

I seem to recall they quietly stopped with Penguins and Kung Fu Panda, leaving a bunch of unreleased episodes for a really long time until they finally got around to it years afterward.
In both cases it was because the Penguins movie and KFP 3 had come out.

>a couple episodes didn't even surface until last year
HOLY FUCK

That's pretty sad

Not judging by the other post-movie 'specials'

>Dunces and Dragons
>Atlantis Squarepantis
>Friend or Foe
>Whatever happened to Spongebob?
>Truth or Square
>The Great Patty Caper
>Spongebobs Last Stand
>Spongebob vs. The Big One
>Pest of the West
>The Clash of Triton
>A Squarepants Family Vacation
>Spongebob, You're Fired

>200th episode

Seriously? This the 200th episode?

Holy shit...

I vaguely remember there being some rule with the IATSE, or one of those groups I don't know, that with every new season you have to give the animators a payraise. So the suits' workaround is to fuck around with the seasons scheduling.

I'm surprised you didn't post the 2012 TMNT series. That series has been all kinds of fucked regarding its schedule.

>Regular episode
>Brand it as a special
Why does Spongebob do this so much? It started with Gary Come Home.

viewer bait

Agreed, Nick finally remembered brought it back after its been on hiatus for almost half a year so it can finish airing the last few episodes of this season

>Sunday mornings at 9 AM

>look this up.
>It's true.
>It's the episodes that show why Darren and Ginger broke up.
Holy shit Nick really is retarded.

>I wish I were making this shit up, it's how The Angry Beavers got taken off the air.

What exactly got it taken off the air?

>it's how The Angry Beavers got taken off the air
>What exactly got it taken off the air?
I don't know if they're still doing this but Nickelodeon had a rule for all shows, you could NEVER break the 4th wall and you know never reference the last episode.
The show broke those 2 rules in that episode, which is why Nick never completed the episode.

Thanks Homer, you can rest now.

Jesus Christ, I don't even know how you fuck this up.

It didn't get the show taken off the air, as it was already cancelled. But the true final episode of "The Angry Beavers" was a straight diatribe against shows being cancelled but continually rerun on the channel in question with no money going to the show's creators/talent/etc.

There's audio from the episode that floats around every now and again.

Bait, plain and simple.

>show is on tv since 1999
>18 years
>only has 10 seasons

Nick is currently pulling this shit with the Loud House. They do one 15 minute episode a day for a week then put it on hiatus for months. It's fucking stupid.

it's the 200th half hour by production order (and as previously established, aired out of order)
which means that there's way more than 200 individual stories

So basically, the moral is don't make a cartoon for Nickelodeon if you plan to have continuity or an actual ending at all?

AT and RS have more than that, damn

It's gonna be another ratings trap with ads containing footage that doesnt even appears on the goddamn special

The Spongebob channel is getting desperate

>Christmas Who?
early but excusable since it's a holiday episode for a low continuity show
>Party Pooper Pants (advertised as spongebob's house party)
pretty much on time
>Ugh (Spongebob BC)
late (didn't air until 2004, surrounded by late 2002/early 2003 episodes)
>The Sponge Who Could Fly (Lost Episode)
Early (aired spring 2003 even though it was THE 2nd to last half hour produced in the season, and there were may episodes that didn't air till 2004)
>Have You Seen This Snail? (Where's Gary?)
late (produced alongside the EARLY May '05 season 4 episodes like fear of the krabby party and skill crane, but didn't air until the show came back from hiatus)
>Dunces and Dragons (Lost in Time)
produced alongside episodes airing late '05, didn't air until early '06
>Friend or Foe
roughly late when compared to other early season 5 episodes but season 4 hadn't finshed airing yet either
>Atlantis SquarePantis
late-ish (nowhere near an extreme example)
>Pest of the West and What Ever Happened to SpongeBob? (Whobob Whatpants)
late: both are season 5 but didn't air until season 6 was well underway

>SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One
late-ish (early season 6 but didn't air until later)

>Truth or Square
late-ish (late season 6, but a few season 7 episodes had already aired)

>The Clash of Triton
VERY late (season 6 finale, aired well into season 7)

>SpongeBob's Last Stand
relatively on time (meaning it aired prior to clash of triton)

>The Great Patty Caper (Mystery with a Twistery)
barely late

>Frozen Face-Off
relatively on time-ish

>A SquarePants Family Vacation
relatively on time-ish

>Ghoul Fools
relatively on time-ish

>It's a SpongeBob Christmas!
late but it's a christmas special so eh

>It Came from Goo Lagoon
Late (one of the 9A episodes saved for 2014)

>SpongeBob You're Fired
Early (final pre-2nd movie episode produced, but aired late 2013)

>Factory Fresh (Goodbye Krusty Krab)
Late (late season 9B episode but season 10 has already begun)

What the fucking fuck is this shit. You have to be trying really hard to fuck up this bad.

200 half hour (most half hours being 2 episodes), first 5 seasons being 20 half hours (like regular show and middle AT), later seasons being 26 half hours

>shows not having continuity is company policy

So who introduced this idea and who approved it?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_As_Told_by_Ginger_episodes
>The series finale has been on DVD for more than a decade
>Nick is just releasing those final episodes this year

So did no one tell the people making the show that? Or did they do it so it could finally end?

I have no idea about that, it's really weird they simply didn't know. And if they knew, why ignore it and keep going?
It's strange.

Maybe they were trying to make a statement getting the episode cancelled on purpose? I mean, it would be pretty on point with the actual plot of that episode.

According to an user earlier in the thread the show was already canceled by then. So maybe the figured "What the hell, we're already fired". But you'd think doing something like that might have gotten them blacklisted at Nick.

To be fair, they did this before the movie too.

>Christmas Who
>Spongebob BC
>Spongebobs House Party

All regular 11 episodes with 11 minute Patchy wraparounds. Equal parts funny and frustrating.

But the episodes and the Patchy bits used to be way funnier.

>This letter comes from NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD

Pretty good desu
youtube.com/watch?v=cPP4zUDuo4c

This is true.

It's much easier to go by production order than number of stories because some specials are just one episode with live action intros and outros and hasn't Nick been airing new episodes of Spongebob individually? As in one 11 minute cartoon on it's own?

>the whole episode
Sometimes I forget that the whole episode's audio was leaked. I remember only hearing the clip where they talk about shows being "rerun incarnated".

You're probably remembering the fan animation from deviantart or whatever

Nah, it was a longer time ago, when people had personal websites. The only way to hear the snippet was to find one of the animators' sites.

The moral is don't make a cartoon for Nickelodeon

The ACTUAL moral here, boys, is... never ever make cartoons. Period.

That's pretty obvious though.
>Nick will most likely never pick it up
>If they do, it will never be aired in order, episodes could be produced today and not air until a year, 2 years, 3 years or even 2 decades after they're produced
>Will eventually die or pushed under the rug because it's not spongebob

At least the specials had Patchy and warranted being called a "special" since they did stuff beyond some advertising.

There's a surprising amount of cynicism for televised cartoons on Nick if you know where to look in the nicktoons lineup.

Maybe they are still using asian sweatshop animators from a decade ago

Would anyone be able to record the episode for me tonight? I would really appreciate it

bump

Reminder that all of Fairly Oddparents Season 8 started and ended before they aired the last episode of Season 7.

This is outdated, but used to be true

Why the fuck the show is still airing to this day?

It's successful. Or WAS successful but still brings enough viewers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_Fiends_(TV_series)

>"The series premiered with no promotion or press release."
>"The show was abruptly cancelled after airing six episodes."

Are you fucking kidding me. Did Nick have absolutely NO FAITH in this cartoon? The show didn't even do that badly ratings-wise ("At one point, it was the highest rated original program on Nicktoons."), Nick just decided to immediately shaft the show after Halloween 2008 ended, even though the show's OFFICIAL WEBSITE FAQ MENTIONS SEVEN MORE HALF-HOUR SCRIPTS FINISHED AND READY FOR NICK TO USE. (makingfiends.com/faq.html)

Nick is dogshit with show management.

Nick took away the characters away from the creator after they canned it.

so when they mean 200th episode they mean 200th episode PAIR
(Two 11 min episodes to fill a typical 22 min showing?)

Probably because they can't let Butchy make new shows that are okay.

>taking someones own baby after canning it because "le halloween ended"

I hope nick dies.

Hopefully once they eventually have to give up on spongebob, if that day comes, they will have to re think life